The Bohrok Have Eyes...

banana92

so, i was going threw my mask/odds box today, when i noticed i had many bohrok eyes in there hooked together... turns out, i have most of the usual transparent colors, except purple, smoke, and clear, but i found 3 clearly different PAIRS of orange eyes one pair is darker then the others, while another is normal, and the third has a pinkish look and glows bright pink under a black light... why this is, i have no idea, so tell me your odd stories of misprints, mainly focus on the transparent ones here i guess.

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I've seen a lot of inconsistency in that particular color (47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange). I don't think this is really a misprint so much as the look of the color just changing over time (whether as a result of changes in production or just of the parts themselves aging-- LEGO can, after all, become discolored).

I know there are a lot of color variations like for example when you have thok is color white whereas if you look at toa nuju it's a more pure white. I have always thought that this is like a secret of why lego did it kinda of like area 51. It's just amazing how they work and change things.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I know there are a lot of color variations like for example when you have thok is color white whereas if you look at toa nuju it's a more pure white. I have always thought that this is like a secret of why lego did it kinda of like area 51. It's just amazing how they work and change things.

Ah, but Thok is actually a different color than Nuju, unlike the aforementioned Bohrok eyes. Nuju is 1 White while Thok is 208 Light Stone Grey (which AFOLs tend to call Very Light Bluish Gray). It's a color that was also used for shields in the 2004 Knights Kingdom minifigure playsets. I think the reason Thok is a different color from most white sets is obvious: they wanted his gleaming white teeth to be brighter-colored than the rest of him.

Ah, but Thok is actually a different color than Nuju, unlike the aforementioned Bohrok eyes. Nuju is 1 White while Thok is 208 Light Stone Grey (which AFOLs tend to call Very Light Bluish Gray). It's a color that was also used for shields in the 2004 Knights Kingdom minifigure playsets. I think the reason Thok is a different color from most white sets is obvious: they wanted his gleaming white teeth to be brighter-colored than the rest of him.
I never knew that about the technical term for thoks color. Still that's neat.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I never knew that about the technical term for thoks color. Still that's neat.
I think the Mindstorms NXT uses the same color for most of its Technic parts too. :)

I used to be very OCD about my Matoro Inika translucent blue limbs and my Nocturn translucent blue limbs, as I thought they were slightly different in color... I would always freak when they got mixed up...The Piraka (especially Zaktan, Thok, and Avak) had slightly different colors than other sets... Vezok's limbs are light greyish blue, which makes it hard for me to tell the difference between them and normal grey limbs in poor lighting. --:ruru:

banner.jpg

I used to be very OCD about my Matoro Inika translucent blue limbs and my Nocturn translucent blue limbs, as I thought they were slightly different in color... I would always freak when they got mixed up...The Piraka (especially Zaktan, Thok, and Avak) had slightly different colors than other sets... Vezok's limbs are light greyish blue, which makes it hard for me to tell the difference between them and normal grey limbs in poor lighting. -- :ruru:
Vezok's limbs were Sand Blue, the same color as Matoro's mask in 2001 and 2003. Like Zaktan's Sand Green and Avak's Sand Yellow (Dark Tan), though, it is a pretty rare color in BIONICLE. I've had embarrassing color confusion moments of my own... for instance, I used to think that Kohrak's eye color (Transparent Light Blue) was fluorescent and Kopaka's eye color (Transparent Fluorescent Blue) was not.

LOL, must be because they landed on a beach. :biggrin:What does fluorescent even mean in terms of ABS plastic?

Well, these aren't ABS, they're polycarbonate (PC), which is the standard material for transparent parts. That aside, "fluorescent" (from my experience) means they'll glow more brightly under a blacklight than regular transparent colors. They also tend to be more reflective-looking in regular light, so they are great for BIONICLE eye colors, especially with characters who wear masks. The original Toa Mata all had fluorescent eye colors besides Onua. Two of these eye colors, Transparent Fluorescent Yellow (Gali's) and Transparent Fluorescent Red (Tahu's) have since been discontinued. I imagine this is because they were extremely similar to the regular Transparent Yellow and Transparent Medium Reddish Violet (Trans-Dark Pink), almost indistinguishably so, and so were not especially useful in other themes. The other three transparent fluorescent colors are Transparent Fluorescent Green, Transparent Fluorescent Blue, and Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange, and they are all still used in sets today. For instance, the Glatorian head has appeared exclusively in these three colors, all of which were available in 2009 BIONICLE sets and 2010 Hero Factory sets. The LEGO color palette in general is a lot smaller than it used to be-- in 2003, for example, it had over 90 colors, and nowadays it has about 60. The reduction of colors was largely in response to how many colors there were that were used extremely infrequently, like these two fluorescent colors, various colors in girl-oriented themes like Belville, and various metallic colors used in sets like the Rahkshi (for example, Bright Red Metallic was used for Turahk's head, feet, and back and not much else). Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I got very pedantic over my dark bley and dark grey pieces, to the point I was sure that I couldn't find two pieces the same colour... Haven't actually found any significant discolourisations though, possibly because my bedrooms quite dark, and I keep my lego in large boxes so it's not exposed to much light when not in use.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Bright Red Metallic was used for Turahk's head, feet, and back and not much else.

So that's actually a different color than the regular red? I've never been able to tell a difference between that red and regular Mata red.
I have. On my gurahk, the back/face/feet it always looked shinier. Never actually though it was a whole different molding colour, just a molding issue with those particular pieces Edited by Ids5621

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

The color of my red Glatorian heads varies with each set. Also, some of the silver pieces on my 2.0 heroes have lighter shades.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

The color of my red Glatorian heads varies with each set. Also, some of the silver pieces on my 2.0 heroes have lighter shades.

yea alot of the newer colors, especially with the softer plastics and metallic, seems to vary in some degree

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

There is an older trans-light blue that has a slightly greener tint than say, the Mahri visors. I think my Bohrok eye of that color came from Suukorak.

yes it's a trans. aqua like color, i own all 3 blue colors :)

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Bright Red Metallic was used for Turahk's head, feet, and back and not much else.

So that's actually a different color than the regular red? I've never been able to tell a difference between that red and regular Mata red.
I have. On my gurahk, the back/face/feet it always looked shinier. Never actually though it was a whole different molding colour, just a molding issue with those particular pieces
I didn't think it was a molding issue, but maybe just a different material. However, it turns out that there are metallic versions of all the Toa Mata primary colors, which can be generated on LDD (although you generally need to download a file that contains them; they're no longer in the default palette for any mode). I don't know of many other sets that use them.

There is an older trans-light blue that has a slightly greener tint than say, the Mahri visors. I think my Bohrok eye of that color came from Suukorak.

That's 42 Transparent Light Blue, which was previously used for Kohrak and Toa Nuju. The newer blue is 143 Transparent Fluorescent Blue, which was used for Kopaka in 2001. Both colors are still on the current palette.

I've had a noble miru and a few other lime pieces turn more yellow, while other pieces from the same set stay the same color. also, a few 2006 gold pieces are different from Rocka.

Well, those are different entirely, and meant to be.I suppose, my Bulk 1.0 is the odd color, which I guess isn't really a misprint.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I've had a noble miru and a few other lime pieces turn more yellow, while other pieces from the same set stay the same color. also, a few 2006 gold pieces are different from Rocka.

Well, those are different entirely, and meant to be.I suppose, my Bulk 1.0 is the odd color, which I guess isn't really a misprint.
...? No, Rocka's gold parts are still 297 Warm Gold, the same color that was introduced in 2006 in sets like Zaktan and Brutaka. Slight variations in colors do occur (especially in metallic colors), and I'm not the least bit surprised that ones from 2011 don't completely match ones from 2006, but they're not meant to be two distinct colors.In the case of Bulk 1.0, he was released during a transition period between 131 Silver (which was used for many years of BIONICLE) and its replacement 315 Silver Metallic, which is considerably darker than most previous silver colors. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

The only misprint I have ever saw (Saw, not had) was a Vahi which was red.

really, red and not orange, i saw one on ebay that looked red, but is advertised as orange... hmmm....

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging