Is Brutaka Brutaka?

Brutaka is my favorite character. I just want to throw that out there.

He's gotten quite a bit of character development, he stayed around for 3-5 years, and has a wide set of capabilities and is overall well rounded.

Early on in the story bible we get great (at least for Bionicle) character development, especially in FoF, up until the point when he overdoses on Antidermis, and it takes over. As we've seen in Bionicle, powerful AI can take over other AI. Mata Nui takes over Ignika, Bohrok program takes over Avtoran, etc.

So my question to you would be, has Antidermis completly taken over Brutaka and his personality, or just really did a good job at bleaching his brain/mind/whatever? Would this make him a physical incarnation of Antidermis, and sort of, an anthithesis to EPE? Don't focus on that last question too much. I'm just gettjng poetic.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Um... I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be. Perhaps the antidermis was so thoroughly absorbed as to create an new being, one that is anfuaion of Brutaka and the Makuta's ancestral memory.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I always envisioned the antidermis melding with Brutaka. So yes he is still Brutaka. But he is part antidermis now and knows what the Makuta had forgotten. Plus is a lot stronger now, too. Remember in '06 he was working with the Piraka for antidermis because it made him stronger to begin with. So maybe eventually the effects would wear off?

~Xeo~

As I recall, the antidermis that Brutaka fell into wasn't entirely conscious. We saw in '06 that Brutaka can absorb antidermis to make himself stronger, so that's basically all that happened -- he leveled up, exponentially. And he happened to absorb some Makuta-exclusive knowledge that was clinging to the AD like background radiation

• Upvote 2

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Or brutaka's mind is still there, but the access to all the antidermis-based information has changed his worldview somewhat.

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Fishers and Regitnui the only person that understood the question. :P

Instead of going off the title read the question bellow, the topic title is meant to draw attention and provoke your mind a little bit not boost your ego by answering a simple (and dumb) question.

I realize that the being in question is still technically Brutaka. I'm talking about the AI that's in control of that body.

I'm asking if you think Antidermis completly took over like MN did to the Ignika and made Brutaka dormant, or did the two minds "fuse" in a way?

Now shall we try this again? :P

And fishers and regit have provided 2 possible solutions:

1. Antidermis in control

2. Blend of entities

I'm personally think that his minds is completly overrun by the Antidermis simply due to the power of the substance, since it is concious... Right?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

I like to think that the two minds temporarily fused together, giving Brutaka the knowledge that the Makuta forgot but still leaving him in control of themself. He just acts different because he now has a lot of knowledge that he didn't before he fell into the Antidermis. Also, I remember reading a Greg quote a long time ago that said that the Antidermis's effects on him were temporary. If I remember that correctly, eventually he will revert back to his normal self. So I don't think that it has overtaken his consciousness. 

Of course, that is just what I like to think when I recall when this happened to Brutaka. Do with it what you will. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I seem to recall him in one of the web serials still being relatively normal... not sure if that was before or after antidermis dunking.

4) Can Brutaka thinks by his own or is the antidermis that is controlling him?

4) The antidermis is not controlling him

I can't find Toa Smoke Monster's answer - Brutaka gives 700-ish results and antidermis 400-ish, and "temporary" gives zero. 

Edited by fishers64

So I guess Regitnui's proposition makes sense according to that quote, it's good to know he's still around there somewhere. :P

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***