Bionicle Game

Toa Alvarno

What kind of game do you want to see from Lego with the new generation of Bionicle? I know a lot of people have been saying something like MNOG, but I never really found those any fun. VNOG was okay, but there were too many glitches. I was hoping maybe we'd get a MOBA of some sort. That'd be interesting.

A solid RPG with a ton of depth would be amazing, but I don't think LEGO is ever going to allocate so many resources to make a good game. Any games we get are probably going to be simple action games like the Glatorian ones. Best case scenario, we get a story game like MNOG, since that can have simple game design and still be an amazing game.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

A solid RPG with a ton of depth would be amazing, but I don't think LEGO is ever going to allocate so many resources to make a good game. Any games we get are probably going to be simple action games like the Glatorian ones. Best case scenario, we get a story game like MNOG, since that can have simple game design and still be an amazing game.

Yeah, I wish Lego would though, would help sales so much.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

What kind of game do you want to see from Lego with the new generation of Bionicle? I know a lot of people have been saying something like MNOG, but I never really found those any fun. VNOG was okay, but there were too many glitches. I was hoping maybe we'd get a MOBA of some sort. That'd be interesting.

MOBAs are very difficult to design due to the competitive nature of the game (balancing), and the multiplayer aspect. Tbh an MNOG-style game would be perfect, because it devotes far fewer resources to a game that not many will even pick up to begin with. It just makes more sense for lego to let us explore the story and world in a more organic way that competitive multiplayer games, which are heavily mechanics-based and don't leave much room for immersion.

• Upvote 1

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Honestly I want a MNOG style game, there are others I would like but don't think they would realistically work out the way I would like XD

I was hoping maybe we'd get a MOBA of some sort. That'd be interesting.

Honestly MOBA's seem to competitive, & generally I'm convinced that any MOBA released in the near-future is to suffer a truly horrible community (notably LoL & DOTA 2), &/or come across as very cheap to many people (quite a few complaints I've seen about free online MOBA's; so I'm kinda thinking Bionicle having one would attract a lot of derision... & for something that would require a lot more effort [multiplayer constraints & all]), generally this type of game requires a lot more balancing than other multiplayer games.

Or an MMORPG style Bionicle game. Or just an RPG.

An MMO would seem to me to run into all the aforementioned issues, but even more so... I think a RPG could work pretty well in a few ways though.

Generally though, as much as I love Demigod & EVE Online, I reckon; 

But puzzles, puzzles are good; and action. Maybe MNOG / Legend of Zelda + more RPG stuff? :P :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

But puzzles, puzzles are good; and action. Maybe MNOG / Legend of Zelda + more RPG stuff? :P :)

A puzzle game sounds like fun! Honestly I would welcome any sort of game, I just hope that whatever we get is at least somewhat cerebral.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

I would personally love a return to the Point and Click genre mixed with puzzles. Basically MNOG with better graphics and the 2015 sets/characters.

• Upvote 1

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

I must agree. MNOLG might not have been the most "Oh my gosh wow" experience, but games thee days are trying way too hard to be flashy without putting any substance behind it. I'd pay money for an MNOLG-type game, with the animation style we've seen, but with depth. Walk up to the villagers and get a random comment. Follow the Protectors and hunt for the Golden Masks with the Masters. That I'd enjoy.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

In terms of a web-based game, something similar to Chima online or Minifigures online, for an actual video game sold in stores, something that fits the LEGO game formula mixed with God of War and with an open world Okoto to explore and do side quests on.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

In terms of a web-based game, something similar to Chima online or Minifigures online, for an actual video game sold in stores, something that fits the LEGO game formula mixed with God of War and with an open world Okoto to explore and do side quests on.

Why Wad of Gore? I'm glad we agree on open-world, but I'd much rather have combat sidelined or eliminated...

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd personally love to see a game where you can customize your own toa/character and do all sorts of cool quests and adventures. I'm ultimately up for an RPG or something.

:shrugs:  I dunno, I don't really even play video games so I can't say precisely what I want, though if it's good that might actually get me into things.

Whatever comes, I just want it to have some kind of depth, or at least playability. Remember "Agori Defender?" That game had very little to do with the story and got really repetitive by the second level. Even something like Piraka Attack and Matoran Escape were really fun and challenging and could be tied into the story. If they release a game like that, I'd probably buy it on the App Store or at least play it for hours on the internet.

As fun as those would be, the one thing that made MNOLG so great wasn't the gameplay, or the soundtrack (though they were both great), but the immersion in the story. It was one of the first places I've seen where you have a story of heroes fighting monsters, but they give you a look into an everyday hero among the population. Superhero stories tend to get divided into Hero, Villain, and Victims. No one cares about the people getting blasted by the villains laser, or crushed when a building collapses in a battle, but MNOLG gave us a chance to care about some of those "victims." A chance to see they aren't just helpless Matoran only there to be saved then cheer the Toa on. We got to see how they live, their traditions, occupations, and social interaction as we never got to again. That's why people care more about a Matoran named Marka more than one named Kazi. And right now, I couldn't care less if the entire fire village tipped over into the volcano. This story desperately needs some kind of characterization, and I don't care how Lego does it.

• Upvote 2

Blargh no Chima Online "wait ten hours" game formula. :P

I would love a MMORPG, but I don't think Okoto has a big enough world to support one yet. I'd prefer an MNOG-style/Breakout-style game to explore the cool new world and experience the story. 

I'd also be open to something like the Piraka online animations from 2006. You know, the story animation mixed with interactive challenges? That could be really cool. :)