Female Ba-Matoran

Voxumo

Recently I was browsing Biosector01 when I noticed the Ba-matoran page. Was reading through it when I saw this 

Identifiable physical attributes of Ba-Matoran include purple and black armor and Kanohi. They are almost all male.

Now I checked the other matoran pages, and all of them state something along the lines of this 'All (Prefix)-Matoran, including Toa and Turaga, are (Gender).' The majority of them have that statement, or a variation of it, though the page for Ce-matoran state all ce-matoran after toa order were female. 

Now either this is a typo, or there is a chance there are female ba-matoran. 

Can any confirm this?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I suspect it may be a typo. I saw something like that once before that was confirmed to be incorrect.

A quick check of the "Gravity" page says "All Matoran/Toa/Turaga of Gravity are male." So, it may just be a misconception that occurred somewhere in there. But, yes, they have been confirmed to be all male.

EDIT: Although, since no Ba-Matoran or Toa ever actually appeared "on-screen," I wouldn't mind if they were allowed to be like the Av-Matoran--or, better yet, all female, to help balance out the gender ratios a little bit. 

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah, I probably should have checked the gravity page... had not occurred to me, but yeah a little better ratio for genders would be better.

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Of course there are female Ba-Matoran. The canon gender rules are stupid and should be disregarded completely.

Of course, the purpose of BS01 isn't to catalogue information that makes sense or tells a good story; no, it's to catalogue the canon, which is a completely different thing. So that page should probably be edited.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Of course there are female Ba-Matoran. The canon gender rules are stupid and should be disregarded completely.

Of course, the purpose of BS01 isn't to catalogue information that makes sense or tells a good story; no, it's to catalogue the canon, which is a completely different thing. So that page should probably be edited.

That sounds incredibly contradictory, you know. "Yes, there are, even though the official story says there aren't."

• Upvote 3

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That sounds incredibly contradictory, you know. "Yes, there are, even though the official story says there aren't."

That was the point. I used that phrasing to highlight the difference between what is generally accepted among the fans (in our current "Headcanons?" topic, the idea of mixed-gender tribes is nearly unanimous) and the canon, to show how out-of-touch and unpopular the gender ratios are.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Its a result of Greg having too much power and contradicting his previous statements.

In this particular case, it was a wiggle word blown entirely out of proportion. Besides, it's not like Greg actually set the gender roles thing for BIONICLE, that's a relic from eons past.

(that said, I keep meaning to go back and check to see if some of the sub-elements actually specify their gender anywhere because those would be some legit retcons)

• Upvote 2

That was the point. I used that phrasing to highlight the difference between what is generally accepted among the fans (in our current "Headcanons?" topic, the idea of mixed-gender tribes is nearly unanimous) and the canon, to show how out-of-touch and unpopular the gender ratios are.

It's still completely contradictory, as T1S said... even if we all have our own views on the whole gender-based Matoran tribes, it just doesn't make sense to say that it should be totally ignored unanimously because all the fans in the headcanon thread say so, but then say that the canon trumps all.

I suppose it's not impossible for there to be a female Ba-Matoran, the same way it's not impossible for there to be a male Ga-Matoran or female Po-Matoran. There are a lot of Matoran in the world, and I suppose it'd make sense that there are a few oddballs out there. I think Greg said that once in passing a while back on the LMB, but you'd have to search for the specific quote.

• Upvote 3

The only reason i had any doubt it was a typo was becuase of the whole toa orde thing. That is why I wanted clarification. As such it seems it being a typo is the case thus far.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

It was all due to a stupid typo in the book too... But yes, all male is true. :/

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

This only makes me hate the stupid gender ratios even more  >:( I always wanted there to be male Ga-Matoran, as when I was little that was the element I identified with the most.

• Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think there always is a possibility. I mean, Orde is just one example of an oddly gendered member of a tribe. Who is to say there aren't more out there?

But that isn't confirmed for any particular tribe. Greg's oddly worded answer (if applied) should be added to the main Matoran page, not a specific elemental tribe, IMO.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg