Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

Then allow Sal to apply the healing touch of her electrified knuckle dusters directly to his face.

That should resolve the issue. :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The monster must die. Scriva is determined to end this. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hey, I never said it was a smart idea.

But since I know she isn't going to die, I can pretty much flaunt that and let her do whatever she wants.

Sometimes characters can take on lives of their own...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She isn't going to die... Yet. Never said she was a survivor of this beast.

Because she's going to have to fight, run, and endure every single second of it to survive, and that will most likely end in her death. But for now, slip-&-slide, right? :P

Oh, Roman. Scriva's gonna be this RP's version of Daniel Jackson. Doesn't matter what you throw at her, I will find a way for her to make it to the end. I don't care if you explicity write "Scriva let go of life, with no hope of coming back." I've grown to like Scriva (wish I came up with the idea) and she'll be staying with us.

Forever...  :devil:

Scriva shall not break so easily. 

Hehe. And my survival streak continues....

Wouldn't her psonics help her out?

Precisely. 

GM IC Nyhe:

"Sorry, Scriva, but I'm gonna have to zap a little of your brain away. Just for a second."

She hoped that Scriva's reduced brainpower at this moment wouldn't let her remember what Nyhe had done.

Please tell me that the effects of this aren't permanent? 

So Nyhe's chasing after herself now...?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC Nyhe:

She grabbed a rifle from the locker and chased after Nyhe.

Apparently so....

She must be so dizzy from running around in all of those circles, then... :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That would explain a lot....

Please no. This game is crazy enough as things are. 

Eh, I don't know about that; the revelation of the baby monster and the whole "Jorik's old room is Caetus'/Sal's" thing were kind of the only plot twists I didn't see coming, and everything else just kind of seems a bit rushed.

I mean, it's like day three IC, and an entire section of the building's gone, plus everyone has their powers back. Pretty much the whole backstory is being revealed through Halmos' journal entries, Nyhe just pulled this magic gun that uses patient powers to charge itself seemingly out of nowhere (seriously, why weren't people using this earlier if they had it all this time?), and practically none of the patients even have had to lift a finger to get anything of importance going so far. I get that the game doesn't have as many players as Infinite or even Panzer, and it is running on a somewhat limited life-span, but I think that the real problem here is that there really isn't enough going on to keep everybody's interest, not that there aren't enough people to keep things going at a moderate pace. Don't get me wrong; I actually like that this is its own separate entity from all of the other Bionicle-based RPGs currently running, but maybe some additional time should be put into planning out some minor events instead of just rushing through the game's main storyline like it's a 6 hour Call of Duty campaign.

Take the destruction of Solitary, for example; I actually made a joke about Sal kicking psychotic butt back when that happened, and has anyone previously locked up in there actually been out attacking anybody else besides relatively unimportant NPCs? No. Maybe instead of outright destroying it to move the game along, there should've been a night where one of them did escape through the air vents that Ghidora and Icarus mentioned, cutting the primary power to the entire building (save for the Siphon, of course) and locking the guards out of most of the populated areas so that his he and his friends can bust their way through the ceiling panels in General Holding for the sole purpose of attacking all of the mostly sane patients/"new meat" and having themselves their own little murder spree. Think about it; a night where a gang of the most violent people in the entire asylum jump out of the ceiling armed to the teeth with makeshift weaponry, and everyone has to use their heads and their extremely limited resources to fend them off and survive while they can barely see, all with absolutely no protection from the guards whatsoever? I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I would play that in a heartbeat.

So, yeah; while I do like the game so far, and I am interested in how the story plays out, a little more events placed around here and there and a little more story bits that the characters have to find on their own would definitely go a long way to extending the game's shelf-life in my opinion.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well, I'm hoping to stretch this out at least till June/July, the problem is that we have an end, we just don't have the middle. 

I'm hoping to have a few days IC where no monster attacks happen, or happen very subtly.

The destruction of Solitary was not my decision. I had no input regarding that, which is something I do regret. IMHO, it didn't really serve a purpose other than to let Jorik run around a little and to move the story along a bit.

By the way, has it only been 3 days IC? I'm sure a lot more time had passed. Okay, something's wrong there. How about every day ends in a short timeskip (like 3 - 8 - 13 - 17 - 21 - 26 - 32) so we don't say only three days have passed IC.

Also, you've given me an idea. 

That's not good for your health.

Also, are we going a little too corny with the whole "evil GM" thing? Like, on a scale from Stephen Hawking to William... SHATNER!

EDIT: Also, I meant to say Nyhe chased Scriva. Lemme go edit that.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm not even going to try and find out what has been happening over the weekend that I've been camping. Just going to go along with the madness.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Caetus died on Day One, Sal arrived and spent the night in Solitary near the end of Day Two (yesterday IC), and Solitary was destroyed the same day she fought Akada and got her powers back (today IC). So yeah, three days.

Jorik does seem to be slightly underused for a staff character. Glad he's now out and about.

As for you guys as GMs, I find the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing interesting, to be honest; for example, Icarus' Kazak and Nyhe actually seem like characters that patients would be somewhat willing to get along with while Ghidora's Halmos and Akada (along with Nato's Fade) seems to be on everyone's #### list lately (which is only slightly ironic, since Nyhe's the one going around and implanting brain chips in people). I'm not sure if that's intentional so that the players end up getting blind-sided by something later, but it's still a pretty cool dynamic.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: