Little, Brown to Publish LEGO Graphic Novels, Including BIONICLE

Publishers Weekly reports that Little, Brown Books for Young Readers has entered into a multi-year agreement to publish LEGO graphic novels. Little, Brown's first three LEGO graphic novels, focusing on Ninjago, Friends, and yes, BIONICLE, will be published before the 2015 holiday season. Read on for more details!

View the full article

• Upvote 6

Graphic novels? Hmm...Interesting. I didn't particularity enjoy the ones the we got back in G1, but I'll be getting these new ones nonetheless.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's definitely sad knowing that Papercutz won't be doing any more Lego related content. Oh well, I guess that "Litttle, Brown" can do some awesome work as well.

Hmm, e-books? I'm not sure if I like the sound of that, but it doesn't come as a surprise to me. Though it is nice that we can choose between e-books and what I'd assume to be are physical copies, as stated in the article.

Edited by Rooster Nui
  • Upvote 1

So will this have an effect on the bionicle graphic novel that's gonna be released in August?

That was both a regular novel (which had been mentioned at some point at the panel, I think) and an Activity book, neither being a graphic novel. So this should be a new form of book entirely!

Hopefully it's more like the comics of old than, say, the illustrated Young Readers from 2009. Although I did love the trippy art style those had.

• Upvote 1

This is awesome! Comic-books were a huge part of what made Bionicle so iconic to me, so I'm glad they are returning in full form! These graphic novels are (hopefully) going to be a great addition to the G2 line and you know I am definitely going to pick them up! I do hope they delve more into the story, rather than reiterate the animations though. Wonder if they will stick with the current promotional comic art, or if there will be a new style to accompany this media form. 

Also, confirming the e-book format is the best thing they could have done. In the age of technology, it only makes sense. Glad they are jumping on that. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

The editor for these is apparently Rex Ogle. I did a quick Google of him and he seems like a cool guy, so I'm optimistic.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Little Brown also publishes JK Rowling's non-Potter books. Let us usher in a new age of conspiracy theories that JK Rowling is ghost writing Bionicle.

They also publish My Little Pony chapter books and reference guides, along with Lemony Snicket's current series All the Wrong Questions. They used to strike me as one of the less interesting publishers out there, but they've done good work for those other series in recent years so I'm eager to see what they can turn out for Lego.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm a bit sad to see Papercutz go. I am pretty sure that Ninjago was their best selling series (though I may be wrong), so its loss to them is somewhat major.

Other than that, I can't wait for more Bionicle story. I think G2 has somewhat of a slow start (not that G1 had a particularly fast one either), and can't wait to see it pick up steam.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

That's awesome to hear that there will be graphical novels for Bionicle G2! Man, it is getting more other-media-related stuff early! Anyway, I hope they would be as good as the ones in G1 when they come out.:)

I wonder what they will be about.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Little Brown also publishes JK Rowling's non-Potter books. Let us usher in a new age of conspiracy theories that JK Rowling is ghost writing Bionicle.

They also publish My Little Pony chapter books and reference guides, along with Lemony Snicket's current series All the Wrong Questions. They used to strike me as one of the less interesting publishers out there, but they've done good work for those other series in recent years so I'm eager to see what they can turn out for Lego.

They also publish some of James Patterson's teen reader books. As far a publishing outfit goes, this is probably an upgrade. 

Never heard of them doing graphic novels before, though. Not something I would associate with them right off the bat.

Graphic novels, huh? Whether that's actually decent-length standalone stories or just collections of individual comics, that's one more avenue for them to explore the story and show off the world.  Looking forward to them!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The more Bionicle books they have coming out, the better I say. :)

Hopefully this graphic novel is as good as the ones from Papercutz. I didn't get all of the Bionicle novels from them, but I really liked the ones that I did purchase. Hopefully Little, Brown Books does just as good as job as them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The more Bionicle books they have coming out, the better I say. :)

Hopefully this graphic novel is as good as the ones from Papercutz. I didn't get all of the Bionicle novels from them, but I really liked the ones that I did purchase. Hopefully Little, Brown Books does just as good as job as them.

Technically, the majority of the Papercutz graphic novels were compilations of the Bionicle comics produced by DC for the Lego Magazine. Only a few contained original content, and only one was comprised entirely of original stories.

I am not really a fan of Papercutz. Not only has the quality of their books occasionally been lacking (with weak binding and often mediocre cover art), but the supplementary materials (particularly the common "messages from the editor" in the Ninjago books) are often laced with an almost unbearable amount of faux-enthusiasm, like when a parent tries to be "cool" by name-dropping your favorite brands but mangle their references enough to make a mockery of them instead.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother