When Hero Factory's End Does Come...

If it does well, people will cry and will petition to bring it back, after so many years of great sets, and a great plot, with a great show to back it up.

This.I bet if Bionicle ended in 2003 nobody would have cared. Keeping it around was a big mistake and a wonderful thing, depending on the angle. I think Lego will discontinue HF within the next few years so they don't get another Bionicle. I'm glad that Bionicle lasted as long as it did, though.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

If it does well, people will cry and will petition to bring it back, after so many years of great sets, and a great plot, with a great show to back it up.

This.I bet if Bionicle ended in 2003 nobody would have cared. Keeping it around was a big mistake and a wonderful thing, depending on the angle. I think Lego will discontinue HF within the next few years so they don't get another Bionicle. I'm glad that Bionicle lasted as long as it did, though.=)
I kind of disagree about that "nobody would have cared" if BIONICLE had ended early. After all, there are LEGO fans who still feel Exo-Force and Space Police III shouldn't have ended so soon, and neither of these themes lasted more than three years.There wouldn't have been such a massive outcry, but that's partially because in 2003 BIONICLE might not have been around long enough for fans to become so dedicated to it. Additionally, they wouldn't have as much reason to expect it to be any different than a typical LEGO theme. After nine years of being around, cancelling the line naturally came as a major shock.Finally, I don't think Hero Factory will have to be cut short to keep it from becoming BIONICLE. As with any LEGO theme, it can probably be kept around as long as it continues selling better than a new theme can be expected to sell. And there have definitely been efforts to make Hero Factory more accessible than BIONICLE. Whereas BIONICLE's story became deeper every year, building on the plot threads of previous years, Hero Factory's story each wave is so far pretty much independent of the story in previous waves. This is not a guarantee that it will have BIONICLE's lifespan or even anything close, but it bodes well for the theme in terms of not becoming fatigued with excessive backstory.

The thing to keep in mind is that Lego is a busyness, and all they want to do is make money. As long as they can get mom and dad to buy little Timmy Hero Factory sets they will make them. The trick is keeping toys that look different to mom and dad but Timmy can identify at the new Furno.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

• 3 weeks later...

If Hero Factory ends after Breakout (which is assumed to be a full-year storyline with upgraded versions of all nine heroes, and makes some sense as a finale), I'm going to assume that it'll be replaced by a series of cheap licensed themes (i.e., more superheroes), using endless variations on the Hero Factory building system.If, on the other hand, it lasts for several more years, I feel that there might be a chance that either BIONICLE or a new action figure line, probably using a more complicated version of the Hero Factory building system that has the kinks worked out and a greater variety of pieces, will replace it, and if things go well, there'll be much rejoicing.

Nobody would care. Half the people on this site don't like Hero Factory.Personally, I'd be kind of disappointed, unless it was going to be replaced by Bionicle, in which case I'd be ecstatic.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Personally, as a fan of the building style currently employed, If it ended at the end of this year, I would be dissapointed, however, I believe that the community reaction would not be nearly as severe as it was with the end of Bionicle. I think a large majority of members here have matured, and would not over react happily or angrily to it's endingBut, as Mesonak said, there are no signs of it's end.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

I just hoke that DC and Marvel sets don't replace Hero Factory.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I won't care all too much -- provided that the end of Hero Factory doesn't doom the entire constraction figure line. If that happens, I'll be particularly annoyed to say the least.As it happens, I'm only into Hero Factory for the pieces right now. I thought the story was starting to get good around Ordeal of Fire, nice and dark, and then Savage Planet killed it for me. However, they make some pretty awesome sets, so I'm happy. :)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 3 weeks later...