Makuta Teridax Reinterpretation

00dude00

This is my interpretation of makuta teridax. I kind of went for cartoony proportions rather than an actually menacing makuta.copy_of_makuta3.jpgbrickshelf gallery (when public): http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=488147Comments are appreciated, critisism is even more appreciated. I like raw non sugar coated critisim BTW it's the best way to improve. just let me know any little or big thing that's bad, boring, or just doesn't make sense to you. thanks! :)

Edited by 00dude00

Very cool. Some nice techniques in there. The face looks more like the movie than the actual set's one (but yeah, the set krahkaan is great). Could use a bit of work on the legs mainly... The connections are pretty 'small' and look fragile (I know they're not), and the lowest one is pretty strange, with that sockets+axle thing and the big gap... But overall, very nice.

The night is dark and full of terrors...

dang that is a really good movie representation of makuta teridax even the mask is almost spot on. I also really liker the pose you did with him holding iruini by the neck. classic evil pose. it would also be neat if you did one where he has a toa floating in the air hands grasping at neck, or the vader pose. teridax could technically do this with his gravity power.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Thanks guys, I definitely didn't expect such good feedback... I was under the impression that it was one of my less good MOCs. :P I updated the first post, I'm surprised no one mentioned the green wings. They looked perfect, but were the wrong color. Because of this I decided to change their color in Gimp.

Very cool. Some nice techniques in there. The face looks more like the movie than the actual set's one (but yeah, the set krahkaan is great). Could use a bit of work on the legs mainly... The connections are pretty 'small' and look fragile (I know they're not), and the lowest one is pretty strange, with that sockets+axle thing and the big gap... But overall, very nice.

Thanks. I've been looking at those legs, and I'd agree that I should definitely try and fix the joints up. They are quite awkward from a side view.

dang that is a really good movie representation of makuta teridax even the mask is almost spot on. I also really liker the pose you did with him holding iruini by the neck. classic evil pose. it would also be neat if you did one where he has a toa floating in the air hands grasping at neck, or the vader pose. teridax could technically do this with his gravity power.

I'll agree, that would look cool :P However I think I'd have to get a bit better at photo editing before being able to do that, lol.sorry, I can't respond to everyone individually. But know that your comments are still appreciated! :)

I came across this while browsing Brickshelf recently, and I loved it! I'm a little iffy about the lower legs and those odd protrusions on the back of them, but overall this is great! The wings are good, and I love that mask! Definitely reminds me of the movie Kraakhan!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Thanks guys, I definitely didn't expect such good feedback... I was under the impression that it was one of my less good MOCs. :P I updated the first post, I'm surprised no one mentioned the green wings. They looked perfect, but were the wrong color. Because of this I decided to change their color in Gimp.

Thanks. I've been looking at those legs, and I'd agree that I should definitely try and fix the joints up. They are quite awkward from a side view.

I'll agree, that would look cool :P However I think I'd have to get a bit better at photo editing before being able to do that, lol. sorry, I can't respond to everyone individually. But know that your comments are still appreciated! :)
Well i was thinking without any editing. you could have iruini hanging by a string so that it gives the appearance of him floating and have teridax's hand out stretched towards the "floating" iruini. that way theres no editing whatsoever.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Dude, that IS a menacing Makuta! I love how you positioned the wings over his shoulders, and how you constructed his face/mask. His colors are nice, and the red evenly spread throughout the whole figure is nice. It looks very menacing, indeed!The only critisism I have is that the vertical axels behind his "ankles" look just a bit out of place, but I wouldn't know how to make it better. :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

*Walks into topic*Another Teridax? hopefully-*Actually looks at the model*Oh lawd.That is, without a doubt, the most movie acurate model I have EVER seen. The face/mask is just the right balance between the real Kraahkan and the movie thing. The use of those wings were a nice touch, and the legs were the only thing that didn't look right. Most noticably was the rahkshi heads.9/10

pNNgXax.jpg

Wow. This is what movie Teridax should have looked like set wise. Not that wierd combiner with Nidikhi, Krekka, and Nivawk+Dume

lol, thanks :P . Am I the only one who actually thinks that set is slightly cool?

Dude, that IS a menacing Makuta! I love how you positioned the wings over his shoulders, and how you constructed his face/mask. His colors are nice, and the red evenly spread throughout the whole figure is nice. It looks very menacing, indeed!The only critisism I have is that the vertical axels behind his "ankles" look just a bit out of place, but I wouldn't know how to make it better. :P

thanks, I actually started this MOC with the head. It was going to just be a random Makuta but I recognized the resemblance and decided to do Teridax :P And again, next time I get a chance I'll change the legs :)Again, thanks everyone!

Wow. This is what movie Teridax should have looked like set wise. Not that wierd combiner with Nidikhi, Krekka, and Nivawk+Dume

lol, thanks :P . Am I the only one who actually thinks that set is slightly cool?

thanks, I actually started this MOC with the head. It was going to just be a random Makuta but I recognized the resemblance and decided to do Teridax :P And again, next time I get a chance I'll change the legs :)Again, thanks everyone!
i will admit that i think it is a perfect idea to do the head/mask first since the mask/head is usually more detailed than the set. and from there you can do the body. also the mask usually does not comprise of any actual pieces where as the body usually has more actual set pieces that you can buy than the head.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The body, arms and head are great. The wings look magniicent, as is the weapon. The thighs are good, too. The shins are okay, though I'm not that fond of those axles at the back. But you could say everything from the shins up is good, if not great. But the feet? The feet are, in my opinion, just plain bad. They are blocky and the colours don't fit to the rest of the awesome colour scheme. So, basically:HEAD - that is undoubtedly the best, most menacing and most movie-accurate Krahkaan I've ever seen. 10/10 hereBODY - it's bulky, solid and with a great colour scheme. Good use of parts, wings are wicked. Another 10/10ARMS - while not impressive, they are nice and streamlined. Fingers look good. 8/10WEAPON - very sleek and movie-accurate. Silver looks good, since it's not used elsewhere on the MOC. 9/10THIGHS - a bit skeletal behind the Rahkshi backs, but nice nonetheless. The Rahkshi backs remind me of the original set. 8/10SHINS - not bad but not great either. While the Rahkshi heads are kinda cool, I don't like the axle at the back. 6/10FEET - the only bad part of this MOC, they are blocky and ugly. White really doesn't look good, either. 1/10That makes the whole MOC 52/70, so about 7.5/10.Again, too bad about the feet, otherwise this guy is great.

Edited by Ehlekdude

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

I'm pretty sure most of this has been said already, but I really like the upper half of the moc, the lower half, not so much.The torso looks really well built, and the head is perfect - so much like the movie!The legs and feet however look odd, big and cluncky, and just generally clash with the rest of the moc.The feet should be smaller less wide, and less upright. And their connection to the legs is just wierd, I'm not sure whats with the thing sticking out at the back. If you build the lower legs a little more solidly, you might be able to avoid this.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger