A CLOCKWORK SPIRAL

Voltex

ROUND 7: THE END IS HERE

The two Matoran examined their choices in silence for over an hour before Luroka finally spoke.

“I’m going right,” he said. “Good luck on the left.”

“Nah, man!” Ghidora said brightly, moving to follow his companion into the right passage. “You and me, we’re together! Until the end!”

Luroka paused, turning to stare at Ghidora in disappointment. The other Matoran’s giant grin did not subside, and after a moment, Luroka rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Nope, not happening,” he muttered, pushing Ghidora past him into the right stairwell. “You go right, pal. I’ll go left.”

“Wait! No! Come back!”

It was too late. As soon as Luroka stepped into the left stairwell, both doorways sealed behind their lone occupants, forcing both Matoran to climb.

Ghidora approached the fog with trepidation; and as soon as he reached it he began to choke, collapsing onto the stairs. He remained there for several moments before coughing out a small rock. Shaking his head in disbelief, he stood to his feet and moved to continue on.

“What a nightmare,” he muttered.

He immediately tripped, fell on his face, broke his spine, and died on the spot.

Ghidora has made the wrong choice.

---

On the other side, Luroka heard the neck snap and smiled, knowing that he would survive anything from here on out.

For he, and he alone, was the sole survivor.

So when he reached the Coliseum, and saw the Mask of Dimensional Travel on the face of none other than….

“...Voltex?!” he cried out, in shock and awe. “Are you seriously freakin’ trying to tell me that Ghidora was actually right?! What the actual karz?!”

“What?” the figure asked, sounding both confused and insulted. “No! Ew! No! What’s wrong with you?”

“...huh?”

The figure took off the mask and tossed it to the side, revealing themselves to be none other than….

“...the Shadowed One?” Luroka asked incredulously.

“Yeah, the Shadowed One,” the Shadowed One snapped, rolling his eyes. “God, you’re lame. How the heck do you mistake me for Voltex? He’s a puny squirt like you!”

“I… well… I dunno.”

“Whatever. For that, I will kill you!”

“That seems rather immature.”

“It is,” the Shadowed One shouted, charging at him. “But it is also deemed necessary by the plot, so that you, as the hero of the story, will have an excellent excuse to murder me!”

“STOP!” Luroka shouted at the speeding Dark Hunter, holding out his hand.

The Dark Hunter leader skidded to a halt, glancing at the Matoran with a puzzled expression. “...yes?”

Luroka grinned, pulling out a GIANT HAMMER. He hefted it in his hands before nodding in satisfaction.

“Uh… could we… resolve this in a peaceful manner?” the Shadowed One asked.

Luroka shook his head, and swung the GIANT HAMMER. “HAMMER TIME!”

SPLAT.

And that was how the Shadowed One was splattered across the Coliseum by a GIANT HAMMER.

Luroka grabbed the Mask of Dimensional Travel, shrugged, and put it on his face - only to curse when he remembered that he was only a Matoran, and therefore unable to use Kanohi Masks.

“What a bloody waste of time this was,” he snapped, ripping the mask off of his face and breaking it in two. “Good grief. 0/10, would not quest again.”

And then he stomped off into the night.

THE END! LUROKA WINS!!

---

PLAYER CHOICES WHEN ALIVE:

1-Seaborgium - NO VOTE/OPTION A

2-Underscore - OPTION B, OPTION B (Failed)

3-Shagaru - OPTION B, OPTION C

4-Pulse [Medic] - OPTION B, OPTION A, OPTION B, OPTION B

5-Ehks [Thief] - OPTION A

6-ToaK - OPTION B, OPTION A, OPTION A

7-Quisoves - OPTION B, OPTION B (Failed), REVIVED (Checkpoint), OPTION B

8-fishers64 - OPTION B, OPTION B (Success), OPTION B, OPTION B

9-Tiragath - OPTION B, OPTION C, REVIVED (By Pulse), OPTION B

10-Burnmad - NO VOTE/OPTION A

11-Ghidora - OPTION A, REVIVED (Checkpoint), OPTION A, OPTION A, OPTION B

12-Shadow Ignited [Pyro] - OPTION A, REVIVED (Checkpoint), OPTION B

13-Luroka - OPTION A, REVIVED (Checkpoint), OPTION A, OPTION A, OPTION A (Winner)

14-Windrider - OPTION A, REVIVED (By Pulse), OPTION B, OPTION B

15-Jed - OPTION A

16-Dragonstar [Medic] - OPTION A

17-Nevermore [Thief] - OPTION B, OPTION B (Success), OPTION A

18-Lewa - OPTION B, OPTION B (Failed), REVIVED (Checkpoint), NO VOTE/OPTION B

19-Tea-Rex [Pyro] - OPTION A, REVIVED (Checkpoint), NO VOTE/OPTION B

---

So! That’s about it for A Clockwork Spiral, I think! I had fun hosting this, and I hope it was fun for you all as well.

I’ll leave this topic open for 48 hours so that you can discuss the game, as well as suggest any changes, improvements, or additions to the formula for future entries.

Thanks for playing! And congrats to Luroka for winning!

-Tex

• Upvote 2

This was actually pretty fun! I suppose I would have liked to see more switch-ups of the mechanics, like the three-way path split.

Otherwise, I think things worked out pretty swell and nifty-like. Thanks for hosting! Also dang it Luroka (congrats!).

Edited by -Windrider-

Ironically, I failed to vote round 1 and got shuffled into the choice I would have picked anyway, despite knowing it was wrong. Even more ironically, I would have made every correct choice after that point.

*Snaps fingers*

Congratulations to Luroka and well played by all. 

I liked the trepidation of the choices, but I disliked that they were arbitrary with no real hints as to which one was correct. :P I might have liked it more if it was more of a puzzle. Other than that, pretty cool. +400 for giant hammer reference. 

Congratulations to Luroka and well played by all. 

I liked the trepidation of the choices, but I disliked that they were arbitrary with no real hints as to which one was correct. :P I might have liked it more if it was more of a puzzle. Other than that, pretty cool. +400 for giant hammer reference. 

I thought it was pretty logical. Great Furnace was home to the Morbuzahk, Ga-Metru was the shortest chute, walking the street is a much better choice than a teleportation pad, which might have taken a while to find and would have been dangerous to use, the low road gets you to Scotland, or in this case the Coliseum, first, a boat is far too easily seen, taking a submerged path with no idea of its length is a bad idea, and finally, why would you ever take the staircase shrouded in fog?

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1