RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

Sorry, I'll be crying in a corner and screaming at the world for the next week or so. Might join one or all of the RPGs after that, though.XDPlus it might take me a few days to read all three. I've read Dreamland, of course, at least mostly.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Congratulations to all. I look forward to playing Techna, if nothing else.And Levacius, guess what? I helped some in Techna's production process, and LL worked pretty darn hard too, because he had to completely change his mindset on RPGs and find a group of co-GMs when he's not very well-known in the forum. Not to mention that Techna was in the works for a good few months as well.While I understand that EoP and DL had tons of work put into them, I don't feel we can say for sure who worked hardest on any of their RPGs due to the fact that we don't know the capabilities of each submitter and just what they did with those capabilities. And to be honest: I feel it's better we don't. I say equal congrats to everyone for merely winning and let's leave it at that, un?

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Perhaps I should clarify "work" with "patience". Kals been trying for a long time to get an RPG through. At least, what, five contests? So when I saw congrats to him the most I mean it because, while it wasn't my first pick, I'm glad he was able to get through.That was not an insult to Techna and it's pretty oversensitive to take it as such. I mean, look at that sentence, does it even look serious to you? Meh, comedy forum origins lead to sarcasm at the serious folks expense.In any case I look forward to playing all of these RPGs once they're put up.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

That was not an insult to Techna and it's pretty oversensitive to take it as such. I mean, look at that sentence, does it even look serious to you? Meh, comedy forum origins lead to sarcasm at the serious folks expense.

'Twas kind of an odd sarcastic comment that I (and I'm guessing TFL / Pein, too) took to be only half sarcastic. Sarcasm doesn't translate very well into text, does it? :PThat said, thanks for all the support and criticisms for Techna, guys. I already have a sketchy plan for the next three months; here's hoping they're a wild but fun ride. (If the thank-you speech seems short to you, know that I'm waiting for the official results topic to be posted before posting a more "official" thank-you speech.) Edited by Legolover-361

CONGRATULATIONS KAL! Endless years put into Endless Boundaries and Dreamland and it finally pulled off for you. :PEpoch of Despair and Techna, congratulations, but Kal worked harder so I stick me tongue out at you. Pleh.Bummed Island of Pain didn't win. :\-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Perhaps I should clarify "work" with "patience". Kals been trying for a long time to get an RPG through. At least, what, five contests? So when I saw congrats to him the most I mean it because, while it wasn't my first pick, I'm glad he was able to get through.That was not an insult to Techna and it's pretty oversensitive to take it as such. I mean, look at that sentence, does it even look serious to you? Meh, comedy forum origins lead to sarcasm at the serious folks expense.In any case I look forward to playing all of these RPGs once they're put up.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Thanks, Lev! It's been at least five contests now. My first try was rediculously bad. Not as bad as Zyglak Quest, but I digress.And I guess I have a laugh track mind because I don't take things too seriously on this forum, ever. Which means that I get your sarcasm and often wonder why you edit in that you were joking. Although it probably helps others' understanding. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

As I said, Comedies forum origins. I was reading comedies for a few months before I even made my first post on here.(And I still say that forum is losing out on quantity of quality. Not quantity or quality really, but just quantity of quality. Remind me to post on Tahu vs. Tahu at some point iBrow.)Seriously, how bad was Zyglak Quest? I've heard of it, but it couldn't really have been that bad, could it?Guess I'll have to search the archives... I've seen some pretty bad ones (not as bad as some of these are good, but you get the point) in my short time here, but it couldn't possibly be so horrible it's mentioned in passing because of that. >_<EDIT: Forget I ever asked. :|There used to be semi-finals?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Same here. I was reading the Comedies' forum here before I even joined. Of course that was a long time ago now. Just look at when I joined. :PAnd yeah, quantity of quality has almost always been a problem over there.I'm not quite sure how bad it was. I never had the heart to look it up.Wow, semi-finals? That seems rediculous to me with the past few contests, but I do remember them.

Yeah, the semi-finals... The days when we had 40 or so entries and The Captain came out on top. And then popularity went down, membership waned, Exo-Fat complained and people started asking, "What the heck?" We're still in that ice age, though.

I think it is best never to mention RPG Contest #6. How popular were you ToD? I'd never get that through the Preliminaries. :PPretty scary that there were that many. I've never seen more than... oh, what, twenty? Maybe?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I still say the Captain would have won if something hadn't happened to his account. Hope he re-enters it next time!(...if his account ever comes back...)-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

I still say the Captain would have won if something hadn't happened to his account. Hope he re-enters it next time!(...if his account ever comes back...)-Shyyrn

I share this view. Since he wasn't here to advertise his game and his co-GMs weren't around as usual, there was a great shortage of publicity for it and it suffered as a result. Still, three cheers for Cappy for coming sooo close!

...Well, that was quite a contest. A lot of unusual circumstances, surprising trends, and outright freak occurrences. But order eventually established itself, and we now have 3 promising new universes to be unveiled in the morning!It's enough to write a dissertation on... Expect me back here in about 7 years' time when I'm in grad school. :PGoodnight to all,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

So my goals are to try not to -A ) Crash a spaceshipB )Set a forest on fireC ) ... okay, I have no idea how you'd waste Kini-Karda, so I'll have to get back to you on this oneConsidering my only option is to get a few hours of sleep, go to church, and get a few hours of sleep, I'm thinking I will be up all night. *Sigh* 1st World Problems.(Besides, chickens are up in a few hours. Not that you city folk have that problem. This is to the city folk.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

...Whatever. Point still stands. xPAnd Lev-I kinda already knew that. For one, you guys have been talking about Dreamland's runs a lot. And for another, do you seriously think us Fearless Leaders spawn out of ICs, CoT, and blogs in some unholy breeding marsh of the 'net every few months or something? Yes. ABSOLUTELY NOT! I EARNED MY VAHI, SON. I BEEN WATCHING RPGS DIE BEFORE TH' NBZP EVEN EXISTED. @EW: Lul. Somehow, I feel you're not telling the truth in that statment, intentionally or not...

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Hey guys, this is actually The Captain. I'm using my cousin's account with his permission - I probably should I have posted earlier, but I guess I was banking on my account difficulties being corrected before the end of the contest. My silence may have cost me my first loss ever in an RPG contest. :PTurns out my account, along with several others, were accidentally deleted in some kind of technical glitch a day or two after I entered the contest. Black Six said administrators were looking into it but it's the holidays so I'm sure all are busy and it's not anywhere near a priority. Hopefully my account will be restored soon so I can play in some of these new RPGs. If my account hadn't been deleted, and I had been able to vote for myself, I would have been tied for third. Huh. That, and Lloyd and CJ disappeared on me. Oh well.As much as I would have liked to keep my golden streak going and win one last contest before I retired for good, I'm happy to see some new winners and some promising RPGs take the limelight. Things might have ended differently, as some have said, if I had been around to push some ideas and voters, but what happened happened and I can't do much about it. I doubt I'll enter the next one but who knows.I've been trying to avoid using this account other than for contacting B6 and following up on the polls, so I probably won't be posting anymore than this until my account is fixed. Hopefully it can be fixed.My sincerest and warmest congratulations to the new winners. :)The Captain salutes thee.Oh, and Happy New Year ;)

Edited by Lt. Lewa

Well, hope everything gets better with your account, Cap. Also, retire for good? You said that the last dozen contests. =POn the subject of ZQ... heh. That wasn't popularity or anything of the sort. All the RPers decided to play a big joke and voted for it. XPBut yeah, time to read the RPGs...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Well, I have homework, and an RP off site to run, though it is rather slow. But yeah, I'll join Dreamland.Congrats to all the winners, and to all who came really close.Seriously. Each and every entry in that last poll was excellent. So, just waiting for the profile topic for Dreamland to be posted. One eccentric zoologist, one murderous adrenaline junkie, and one fat greedy shark lady, commin' up!...(Fluttershy is the reason Dreamland won)

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

So, just waiting for the profile topic for Dreamland to be posted. One eccentric zoologist, one murderous adrenaline junkie, and one fat greedy shark lady, commin' up!...(Fluttershy is the reason Dreamland won)

I was waiting for the congratulation topic to be posted, but I guess I'll say it here.I will be gone for most of today. I'm still getting things ready and I will still be getting things ready as I'm taking my laptop with me, but I'm not making promises I can't keep. So expect Dreamland on Monday and be happy if I manage to post it today. :P...(That's because she is awesome)