RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

How many votes are we allowed? Isn't it four or something like that?I'd vote for...Day Run (Not going to be rejoining it, though)TechnaIoPAnd... *forgets title*... er... um.._.EN2: TSW! (How could I ever forget that.)So yeah, those'll be my votes this time around.-Skar

3 votes?Well, out of the field of 16, I have 7 or 8 favorites, so that will see me through the first round of voting.After that, however... choosing will get quite difficult. :/-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Considering that it will probably be split 1-8 and then 9-16, I am going to vote as such, three votes in each poll.The names I'm just giving because they make me lolz.VOTES IN POLL 1 "Charlie"1. Island of Pain2. Techna3. Elementum-Nui (Yes, I am that shameless)4. Dark MirrorVOTES IN POLL 2 "Lucy"1. Epoch of Despair2. Dreamland3. The Island4. Beat & RhythmWHO IS SUSPECT WILL BE IN FINAL POLL "Snoopy"1. Arena of Honor2. Elementum-NUi3. Techna4. Island of Pain5. Epoch of Despair6. Dreamland7. The Island8. Day Run: The GardenREASONS - I base these off of reviews given. There is a possibility, as I've seen some good feedback on Knives in the Dark, that it might be able to take the place of Dreamland. The other three, however, are all likely to get through. the bottom has a massive fanbase and will do it with ease.WHO I WILL VOTE FOR IN "Charlie"1. Island of Pain - Because lolz I'm playing it2. Elementum-Nui - Yes I am still that shameless3. I'll think about it. And when I do, I'm not telling any of you. So don't ask.WHO I SUSPECT WILL WIN THE CONTEST (In order of votes they will earn)1. The Island2. Island of Pain3. Day Run: The Garden4. Elementum-Nui (Because my shamelessness is so great it breaks the meaning of the word three)This is all my serious opinion. You may protest against this, but this is how it appears to me.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well I for one am just edgy about Christmas. New Doctor Who special and in a few days and until then I have to wait for it. Waiting sucks.That's the reason we are doing the countdown. Well... I am. The others want the polls up. :PThank you Kal I have edited myself.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Doesn't look like Elementum-Nui will be escaping it's current Poll. However, I have hopes for next contest, and am sure it can adapt with the theme.Good luck to whoever survives the Preliminaries!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I voted for it because, if it were to miraculously win, I have the most awesome BoM enforcer ever written up for it. I mean, really, he's just totally awesome.:PI have a group of three adventurers who will be part of The Island, when it inevitably wins. The other RPGs I have more fantastic characters written up for.I would like to point out a problem - some of the RPGs are a bit shady about the character limit. If yours is one of them, and you win, edit that before posting the final thing up.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Truth. But if the RPG doesn't say, it's more of question of - are you only allowed one character, or is it infinite characters?It would be nice to have that clearly defined.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I will agree with Levacius on this, simply because there would be mayhem if a brash, inexperienced RPer created too many profiles and couldn't handle all of them. Speaking from personal experience, I've bitten off more than I could chew on a few occasions when I was starting out; often I would invest so heavily in one or two characters that the rest would languish for days, sometimes weeks at a time. Battles were delayed, quests were disrupted... it was quite a mess. XPI did eventually learn my limits. I now never make more than 3 characters, and I often have them accompany each other. For "The Island," I will actually be wholly concentrated on a single character, a Po-Matoran explorer.So while I understand EW's position--people should know their limits in terms of what they can handle--I still feel limits should be made explicit, since it limits confusion in the long run.-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

Looking over Techna.My NPC profile is like, two times as big as others.I'm a monster.

Mine was twice the length of the previous two.You are simply following my precedent, my friend. :P-Shyyrn

My character profiles are all pretty large, once I finish the biography. Seriously, how does somebody NOT have 50+ words in their Bio?Just put the final touches to my awesome (well, for matoran) characters for The Island. Probably going to wait a while before butchering another of my IoP characters, if I kill any of them. So no matter who wins, it will be as fast as.*Open Microsoft Word* *Go to topic* *Copy document part* *Paste* *Hit Post*@ Dovy; Hey, you were planning on entering GoMN next contest, right? Because if you are, we never really got to find out what happened when Ignatur and Soldier decided to the sack the Mangaia. :P (No, I didn't memorize that. I totally forgot it. I just went through and checked out where all of my characters ended up at in the end.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I voted for it because, if it were to miraculously win, I have the most awesome BoM enforcer ever written up for it. I mean, really, he's just totally awesome. :PI have a group of three adventurers who will be part of The Island, when it inevitably wins. The other RPGs I have more fantastic characters written up for.I would like to point out a problem - some of the RPGs are a bit shady about the character limit. If yours is one of them, and you win, edit that before posting the final thing up.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

If Nightmare City won my plan was to buy a flying pig to include the character limit information in the character profile topic. I felt that it honestly would've had more relevance there than anywhere else.P.S. Yes, I am still learning how to quote stuff. -Void Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Yeah, the hopeless relationship between Hau and Met's character can continue!And Kiox can continue being harmed for no reason!And, you know, I can cry over being a noob back then.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Lev, yeah, planning on it. It's not going to be a direct sequel though - it'll take place a year or so later.

I just wanna know if we survived the Mana-Ko. :|We were all fighting Shadowking and suddenly the NPCs got to do everything cool.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Aaaaand we are at our 8 finalists.I know the four I'm voting for. But good luck to all! May the best universe win. :)-Shyyrn