RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

I understand. You probably feel like Day Run's being overshadowed by all the other big names in the race. So many strong entries...It's probably because it's the first contest after a months-long downtime, and all of the RPG writer's pent-up energies have rushed out like a torrent. :P Such is the nature of things.Still, I'm sure Day Run will acquit itself admirably. :D-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Well I've written up a primary character for each RPG (save three; Island of Pain already has characters, one of them I will never play, and the third is mine) currently up on the contest. So no matter who wins, it's done ahead of time. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well I've written up a primary character for each RPG (save three; Island of Pain already has characters, one of them I will never play, and the third is mine) currently up on the contest. So no matter who wins, it's done ahead of time. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Wow... that's clever! I think I'll do that! XD-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

I'll try to review Day Run tomorrow.BUT FOR NOW :LEVACIUS' TIPS TO READING "THE WAR OF ELEMENTUM-NUI 2"What do you see? Wall of text. But it's more than a wall of text! It's a massive labyrinth of text, which you must be guided in.Read the Preface. If you care to. It's a simple, short read. Does this interest you? Go on!Read the history. Skip over what seems boring; if you have a question later, look back up to clarify it with yourself. Skip to the end if you don't care at all, though it might be more confusing.Now you have rules and gameplay. Check that out. This is all a must. Still interested?World map. Look at the map. If you like knowing locations, read it. Otherwise, know where you're starting, and as you go elsewhere check back to be sure of where you are. Once the RPG wins, if it wins, that is. It's like one of those pocket guides.Factions; read those. Find the one you like the best. Look at the character sheet and stuff about that. Now you know everything to fill it out. All of the rules."Wow!" you say. "I finished this giant RPG! And it didn't take that long!"And there you are. Handle it slowly. Review it piece by piece.Don't read it all in one setting, and make sure the lights are on in your room. We care about your health!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Lolno people.May the best entries, combined with the best RPers and the best writers, win.Also, Rakata.

After the emergence of these factions, the Sea Gates mysteriously closed shut

I love how everyone agrees with me in GoMN that in order for people to have an organized game in solely Metru Nui you have to close the Sea Gates.Expect, in advance, that some players will for some unexplainable reason want to open them.*coughcoughTPTiandToDcough*-Dovydas
if you leave the Sea Gates open, whats stopping people just leaving? Or external forces from coming in and affecting the balance. Closing the Sea Gates essentially closes possible plot-holes.
Exactly my point, man. That was precisely why I closed them in GoMN in the first place, lol.-Dovydas

Well I've written up a primary character for each RPG (save three; Island of Pain already has characters, one of them I will never play, and the third is mine)

Let me guess what # 2 is. :PSo are we just expecting Lloyd's entry? Or are there other heavy-weights that havn't posted? I'm personally looking foward to any more non-heavyweight posts. They add flavor. Not that the heavywieghts are bad or anything.

pNNgXax.jpg

Actually Lev, I read it all in one setting. And the lights weren't on in my room.

If you go blind I can only blame myself....No, wait. I blame you.So we have Captain/Lloyd coming in still, and... maybe two or three others?Seems like a pretty small contest. But with a lot of really good RPGs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I question the wisdom of that course of action. :/In these contests, exposure and promotion matter. If you wait 'til the last day to post, you're severely limiting the time people will have to read and review your submission. Besides which, entering late means you will have the added burden of having to sway voters away from the favorites they've already chosen, no easy feat.So if anyone considering entering reads this, I suggest you don't delay! Every day counts!Thank you,Shyyrn

For me it would be a question of;a ) If my RPG won, in which case I may not have the timeandb ) If our Toa Techna character is made by you, or we make them ourselvesNot that we need to worry, considering the winners will be -Island of PainDay RunUnnamed Super RPG-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

For me it would be a question of;a ) If my RPG won, in which case I may not have the timeandb ) If our Toa Techna character is made by you, or we make them ourselvesNot that we need to worry, considering the winners will be -Island of PainDay RunUnnamed Super RPG-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Such a pessimist. :P I still think you have a very good chance, as does Techna. :)-Shyyrn

I'm a blunt person.Truthfully, I like almost all of the RPG's this contest. I'd play them all if I had the time, and we can't have more than three RPG's. :PI make my statements on the fact that -A ) Island of Pain has a large fanbase on here [this one included]B ) So does Day RunC ) Do I REALLY need to explain the Captains RPG winning to you?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

He lavishes attention on us so we fall for him, then abruptly ends all contact so we long for him. I feel like a lovestruck teenage girl. :P-Shyyrn

Which is why he has Lloyd working with him. Lloyd is a fair sight more active than The Cap.

Not lately he isn't. He's suffering computer troubles apparently, and hasn't been able to get online for a few weeks.Now if you'll excuse me I must continue my doom-mongering elsewhere XD Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg