RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

Hmm... good idea writing stories. Certainly have enough of them.

I shall try to get on the final poll. Considering the fact that it'll probably be a death match between the RPG heavyweights, again.

That's my only goal. Last RPG I wrote up got to the finals, and while shorter, I believe it was much more confusing as a story and less interesting than this one.Of course, short always seems better, so if half the voters don't read it... well, you can't vote on it if you didn't read it. :P(If anyone else makes a long one, I'll read it though.)Next RPG - titled "RPG"The description - you are Bionicle person in a Bionicle world. You are whoever you want to be. Play.Bam! Instant success.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yes, you can. If you couldn't, half of the RPGs posted would look like they were half finished compared to when you are able to use reviews to make your RPG even better. I know I probably wouldn't have gotten so many votes in the past if I was stuck with my first draft that I posted for an RPG.Although if you change the name of the RPG then you need to inform Black Six.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Indeed, you can edit up until the contest goes up. You can't edit it after the polls are up - I checked a few contests ago to see if I could fix a typo, and I couldn't do it.Which, of course, I've made a number of edits on this post. Whenever I see a mess up in grammar or spelling I try to correct it, but I still have some in there somewhere... blasted Microsoft Word, y u no have proper grammar software?"Deer Grand Mother, I love ewe so much. -You're Grand Sun"No to mention grandmother and grandson are one word each, not two words. <_<

Believe it or not, I have never submitted an RPG for a contest before. For any of you who consider yourselves new or lightweights, fret not. We're in the same boat.

Your attempt to comfort has failed. You will never be a good therapist. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"You know what makes me sad? You do! Maybe we should chug on over to Mamby Pamby Land, where maybe we can find some self-confidence for you, you jackwagon!"I think I'd still make a better therapist than a drill sergeant. :P+Dov, that is totally a Bay of Hodor you are seeing. :)

Alright, thanks. On that note, I'll be re-entering my RPG from last contest with a bunch of changes. It did OK, but not really well. I think part of the problem was that the character and race concepts were so abstract, that it was hard to imagine the world. Hopefully, it will get farther this time. Also, I'm probably going to end up using some of the 3D models from the B:NG project to make my ideas stand out, so that will be cool.

+Dov, that is totally a Bay of Hodor you are seeing. :)

If it is the bay of Hodor, it needs to have a little island on it called Bran island, or something to that effect. :P

One of the leaders for B:NG, so ask me if you have any questions!

...Yep, definitely a heavyweight fight. It's very fitting for the first RPG contest of the revitalized forums!"War of Elementum-Nui" is my favorite so far, though I await the Captain/Lloyd's entry with great excitement! :)May the best universe win!-Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

My entry should be dropping in sometime within the next couple of weeks. Inevitably, I'll be blown away by Captain/Lloyd, Parugi, EW, Levacius, TPTI or Kal, but it'll be good to get feedback and whatnot.

Its not like I've never been beaten before. Early Days got knocked out in the semi-finals despite already having a player-base. It got just got edged out by Trapped in a Map I think

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Its not like I've never been beaten before. Early Days got knocked out in the semi-finals despite already having a player-base. It got just got edged out by Trapped in a Map I think

Would just like to point out that in the above case, Early Days beat out TiaM, and tied for third with the Fall of Four and One, which is probably what you meant.

Also, am I the person with the least amount of posts to every enter a RPG contest? I ave 470, including this post.

Definitely not. Take a look at my post count, I'm not that much farther ahead of you, and i've been entering for a few years yet.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Would just like to point out that in the above case, Early Days beat out TiaM, and tied for third with the Fall of Four and One, which is probably what you meant.
I remember there was one where it was a tie and ED ended up on the losing end, and that TiaM was involved somehow. So did you get bumped down to fourth by the tie? Whoops, sorry about bringing that up again then :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm certain mine will make it past to the second round, at least.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Never be certain of anything. You can hope. I hope my RPG will pass to the finals. I can't be certain of it. Only a few things are certain - BZPRPG will always be there, because it's staff controlled, and bacon is delicious.If great fusion of horror movie monsters your RPG passes to the second round (probably the finals), it was not because of certainty but that you did a good job. Likewise Darkon you may very well pass to the finals - maybe win.Actually, one thing is certain. The Captain will win unless, you know, he breaks his hands and can never type again. But that's pretty unlikely, and he'll probably find somebody to post it for him. :PPeace out (because it's for hippies).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Epoch of Despair is out NOW!There are doubtlessly some typos and formatting issues, so be sure to point them out to me in the review topic.

Alright, since that response was filtered let's try some rewording...Thine entry hath caused me to soil mine trousers. Edited by TheMightyFighty

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

You're bluffing. GoMN will return next season anyways. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Dangit. My bluff has been seen through. Dang you, Levacius.

What's GoMN?Anyway, I edit'd my RPG For the LAST time. So go read it already. :P

I refuse to respond to this post out of spite. How dare you not know.:PJ/k. Gangs of Metru Nui, my RPG a precise couple of seasons ago. Won. Was pretty badbehind, too.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

I guess I might as well post my faves as well -Shamelessly I will vote my own RPG. :PI really like Epoch of Despair and Island of Pain (obviously to the latter) and will vote for them, along with my own (if any of the three make it) in the finals. Those two I would enjoy playing.After that, not in order of how good they are, but how much I would like to play, they are -Dreamland (unless Kal somehow made it worse from last time), Knives in the Dark, Techna, Arena of Honor, Dark Mirror, Enemies of Justice, Bionicle: Mystery Voyage 2001-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I hope Dreamland's entry hasn't knocked me out of the competition for good. :P Seriously, it seems really good with a unique twist.

Well, thanks. I haven't read yours yet, so I can't say by how much Dreamland is better than it. :P Naw I'm kidding.Yeah, I took inspiration from Lev's timeline and am creating a detailed history for the island. It probably won't be seen by anyone except for me, but it'll sure help me in making the RPG have an awesome, deep story instead of the hastily thought out plan that it was last contest. XD

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------