RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

Right now I'm leaning Techna, Epoch of Despair and whatever Captain / Lloyd have up their sleeve.And my own of course, but if I get knocked out those are the ones I'm going for.

Cap/Lloyd's entry is what I'm looking forward to seeing. Not scared of it because it's a fantastic game that I am sure to play myself, and no matter what, great games will win.

No DR? D:but... but... we're so close to finishing... Just one more season. Then you can all enter your RPGs and win. :P

Meh, time for something new. :P I could argue both ways here, but illinstead pull a logos and point that yourfanbase isn't the same that it was all those months ago. And really, your series wins were based largely on fanbase support. It's a new era with new rules, but I wish you luck just the same. :)

Right, my favourites are Techna, Dreamland and that thing with the Bay of Hodor.-Dovydas

Epoch of Despair, thank you very much. :P Edited by EmperorWhenua

Yeah, that's definately what I meant with that.[/notalie]So, you guys think it'll be like most of the former contests and twenty entries will show up in the last three days of the entry period? I'm guessing so, I've been one of those in the past. XD

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Oh, I can almost guarantee it will! *Pushes not-even-started entry under rug* =P Nah, I'll likely spend more time thinking about it for next time 'round, too much rushing if I tried to start one now. =P

Well just don't do like I used to, and not actually start on the RPG until next contest rolls around. :PAnd Dreamland now has a pretty banner and a map! So, my entry is complete! Now to wait for reviews so that I can make it better.

No DR? D:but... but... we're so close to finishing... Just one more season. Then you can all enter your RPGs and win. :P

Meh, time for something new. :P I could argue both ways here, but illinstead pull a logos and point that yourfanbase isn't the same that it was all those months ago. And really, your series wins were based largely on fanbase support. It's a new era with new rules, but I wish you luck just the same.
Ow. If that wasn't a slap to my ego...But seriously. It's too soon to make any kind of presumption about who will win or how much support anyone actually has. So I guess we'll see how things turn out.... frankly, I don't know how else I could have responded to that. But good luck to you, too. :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Posted my entry.I've been waiting for this day to finally roll around! ^_^I decided to take a break from entering TiaM(even though it did have some awesome support), and change it up a bit - I've had this idea in my head for a few years now, but I'm not sure how it will be accepted.Can't wait to see all the awesome entries there will be.

Sort of darn. I was looking forward to Trapped in a Map. Oh well, maybe next contest.

Despite looking forward to this, it still managed to sneak up on me. :PConsidering how everyone told me to reenter Dreamland again, I shall be doing just that...After I fix up what I posted last contest, that is.

You've got my votes through until the final poll, where I will vote for Day Run if it is there. :PI think I voted for this last contest, but I'm honestly not sure. Sounds pretty sweet though.-ibrow

Ow. If that wasn't a slap to my ego...But seriously. It's too soon to make any kind of presumption about who will win or how much support anyone actually has. So I guess we'll see how things turn out.

You have an ego? *slap slap slap*All that is certain is that there will be three winners, and we can hope we are among those three.

Well just don't do like I used to, and not actually start on the RPG until next contest rolls around. :PAnd Dreamland now has a pretty banner and a map! So, my entry is complete! Now to wait for reviews so that I can make it better.

You mean not procrastinate? What is this strange method you speak of? =PThe only other problem I'd see, is that I don't do maps well. I can think them up pretty good at times, but I can't draw them. =P So, that will likely also hurt my chances; when everyone else has awesome images to go with their entries, I'd just have text based stuff. =P

Hey, maps aren't everything. My map is basically nothing, considering that nothing has been explored yet. :PAnd you could always ask someone to make you a map. I know that someone in past contests made maps for people.

Ow. If that wasn't a slap to my ego...But seriously. It's too soon to make any kind of presumption about who will win or how much support anyone actually has. So I guess we'll see how things turn out.

You have an ego? *slap slap slap*All that is certain is that there will be three winners, and we can hope we are among those three.
Who'da thought it? :PIndeed. So best of luck to yar. And to everyone else, too. I guess. :PBlade: DR and NR both won their first victories without maps, and they aren't the only ones to have done so. Maps may make things easier in terms of picturing things, but quality writing will sway people just as well. ;)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Yeah, that's true. I guess it makes sense. Saves me actually having to draw something if no-one requires a map... I like to write stuff, and I can visualize things, but when it comes down to explaining things to others, or drawing maps, then things start to go downhill. =PBut it still won't happen until March, because I first of all need a story. And I haven't even gotten that far yet. =P

Elementum-Nui started off as a map on Microsoft Paint with cities. It was only in the middle of the RPG I started naming non-city locations.Which is why the environments are now described.The new map is much better looking, even if it didn't upload properly.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Posted my entry.I've been waiting for this day to finally roll around! ^_^I decided to take a break from entering TiaM(even though it did have some awesome support), and change it up a bit - I've had this idea in my head for a few years now, but I'm not sure how it will be accepted.Can't wait to see all the awesome entries there will be.

Sort of darn. I was looking forward to Trapped in a Map. Oh well, maybe next contest.
Nice to hear! :) But yeah, I will definitely be reentering TiaM next season!Also, my review of Elementum Nui II is finished. Edited by Toa Kovolta

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Pardon me for being slightly on the narcissistic side, but I would adore it of I could have more reviews for my entry, Epoch of Despair. If you review mine, I'll do my best to read and review yours!(Fancy that, a COT RPG Judge reading entries and not having to pass judgement on them!)

Pardon me for being slightly on the narcissistic side, but I would adore it of I could have more reviews for my entry, Epoch of Despair. If you review mine, I'll do my best to read and review yours!(Fancy that, a COT RPG Judge reading entries and not having to pass judgement on them!)

Done. Could I (hopefully) count on your review of Elegy for a Fool when it hits?

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

EW, I'm going down the list of RPGs. Yours is the second one after I finally do TPtI's. And I don't have that done because at the time it would have been a double post.Plus that works both ways, you know. You could actually *gasp* review a different RPG first and then ask them to review yours! :P*Skips off to review Island of Pain*

Edited by Kal the Guardian

Ooh. I just read EW's entry, and, well, I think I've figured out my third choice. xD If I have a question about it, though, I ask in the review topic, right? I believe that's what I remember, but it's been a while since I've reviewed the RPGs, due in part to the downtime, so... =P

So I have eleven (more like ten or nine with my schedule) days to buy an SD to USB adapter, fix BaR, hope it doesn't die, read and RP in the RPGs of which I had temporarily dropped out this past week, and live? With TF2 staring tantalizingly at me? Why do I not have clones? D=But yeah, I'll have it up somehow.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Lolno people.May the best entries, combined with the best RPers and the best writers, win.Also, Rakata.

After the emergence of these factions, the Sea Gates mysteriously closed shut

I love how everyone agrees with me in GoMN that in order for people to have an organized game in solely Metru Nui you have to close the Sea Gates.Expect, in advance, that some players will for some unexplainable reason want to open them.*coughcoughTPTiandToDcough*-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Well considering that at least one of the characters was insane, you can't blame it for happening. :PCaptain hasn't entered yet. Giving us hope before he pulls it away painfully.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Lolno people.May the best entries, combined with the best RPers and the best writers, win.Also, Rakata.

I love how everyone agrees with me in GoMN that in order for people to have an organized game in solely Metru Nui you have to close the Sea Gates.Expect, in advance, that some players will for some unexplainable reason want to open them.*coughcoughTPTiandToDcough*-Dovydas
Oh my goodness, that was amazing. Also created the second best quote involving me ever (First being "FACTS died").BUT ANYWAYS. I got my stuff on here, so I'll do some editing tonight. Likely have it up later or tomorrow.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I love how everyone agrees with me in GoMN that in order for people to have an organized game in solely Metru Nui you have to close the Sea Gates.Expect, in advance, that some players will for some unexplainable reason want to open them.*coughcoughTPTiandToDcough*-Dovydas
if you leave the Sea Gates open, whats stopping people just leaving? Or external forces from coming in and affecting the balance. Closing the Sea Gates essentially closes possible plot-holes.I had Coltrax see if he could get the Sea Gates open purely to see if it would work, frankly. Whats the point of a sandbox if you can't do crazy things sometimes :P Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

4 days since any new submissions... the suspense builds... :oThe Captain/Parugi's entry is yet to surface... I certainly hope there are other good entries in the 'second wave' of submissions!-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

...I must apologize, Parugi. I am afraid that I mixed up you and Lloyd, the Captain's actual collaborator. XPHowever, I do wish you success with Day Run, and I will read it once it's in the submissions topic. :)Sorry again,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."