Pixar

Toa Zaz

The montage at the beginning of Up was one of the most masterful moments of cinema ever. Seriously. It was only about five minutes long, and it evoked more emotion than most feature-length movies I've seen.So, I would consider Up to be their best movie with Toy Story 3 as a very close second and Ratatouille as my third.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

:kaukau:I was just the right age when the first Toy Story came out. Just a little boy I was, yup yup! I actually saw all three in the theaters, which is real cool. They're very touching and they hit me right in my heart. They might perhaps be the most powerful films about undying friendship I've ever seen.My other personal favorites are Cars (The personal journey was amazing, and Doc Hudson even more so), The Incredibles (I had a crush on Violet and still kind of do, so now you know my bias), and Finding Nemo (Both the father and the son are very touching people, and I really, really care for each and every character, and it's overall one of those perfect films regardless of age).I have a very high faith in Pixar. Perhaps Cars 2 wasn't the film I was hoping it to be, but really, they've never let me down.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

As I get older, it seems I can only be more astounded at pixar movies. Wall-E is my favorite, followed by Up. I had low expectations for Toy Story 3 that were shattered in the best way possible. It was fantastic, especially since I had been a little kid for the first two movies. I didn't think I could care about cowboy and space man toys before. And the technology itself is astounding, and it's always fun to search for those Easter eggs.

banner.png

The fact that Up, Wall-E, and Toy Story 3 came out in consecutive years blows my mind. It's incredible to see a single studio put out such incredible work so often. A shame I hear the Cars movies aren't so good.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

My favorites would be both Cars movies, then followed by Wall-E, The Incredibles, Up and Monsters Inc. I can't wait for Monsters University! :)

Oh yeah! They were making a sequel, weren't they? Man I loved Monsters Inc. Although my favorite Pixar movie is probably Finding Nemo. The visuals were amazing in that movie.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

The fact that Up, Wall-E, and Toy Story 3 came out in consecutive years blows my mind. It's incredible to see a single studio put out such incredible work so often. A shame I hear the Cars movies aren't so good.

Not just in those three years. Pretty much everything since Finding Nemo has been of extremely high quality. Some might consider Cars an exception, but I personally love it. But not more than I love WALL-E. Words can't describe how much I love that movie.Although I haven't seen it yet, I'm hoping Cars 2 is just a hiccup. Everyone is allowed a few of them, and here's hoping Pixar comes back out on top with next year's Brave.
BZPRPG

I like pretty much all the Pixar movies except for the Cars ones and Up which I felt was too outrageous even by Pixar standards. As for the upcoming Brave, I'm not really feeling too impressed after watching the second trailer. But I won't properly judge it yet until I've seen it. I hope it's not just a simple story of girl gives cubs back to mother and problem solved, lol.

evangelyne.jpg

Why has no one mentioned "A Bug's Life?" I loved that movie as a kid, although I don't recall it being as complex as the other films. Besides that, my favorites are:

• [*]Wall-E (for the visual appeal)[*]The Incredibles (a clever take on the "superhero" genre)[*]Ratatouille (the plot is strangely compelling, despite "talking animals" being an idea as old as the hills)[*]Monsters Inc. (originality and setting)[*]Up (so heartwarming...sniff)

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I like pretty much all the Pixar movies except for the Cars ones and Up which I felt was too outrageous even by Pixar standards. As for the upcoming Brave, I'm not really feeling too impressed after watching the second trailer. But I won't properly judge it yet until I've seen it. I hope it's not just a simple story of girl gives cubs back to mother and problem solved, lol.

I agree to an extent about Up, although it does contain some now-classic Pixar moments.Pixar is interesting with their movie trailers. The trailers for WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille were all pretty terrible, in my opinion, and did nothing to make the movies look interesting. The WALL-E trailer, as an example, had a dialogue dub that made the captain look like an antagonistic character. So while I also thought the second trailer looked pretty bad, it will be hard to judge until the film comes out.
BZPRPG

:kaukau:Cars was a very good film and received praising reviews. I think what you might have heard about Cars 2, which was indeed their least best film. It was still a great film and a great sequel, although it had to live up to the first and frankly it's hard to compare them. Personally, I think that the second film could have definitely been as good, but they chose to mix together the inspirational story with espionage. Though they mixed together surprisingly well, and as a spy movie it was pretty good, but it wasn't the best call. I hate giving it a review like this when overall I liked the movie very much.By the way, A Bug's Life is a favorite of mine. It's hard to say that, considering that all the others are excellent as well, but I loved Flick and Hopper was one of their coolest villains, right next to the Toy Story villains.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh Edited by Emperor Kraggh

Pixar is amazing, and I don't know how they can deliver hit after hit every year. :PIt's tough to say what my favourite Pixar movie is- although it's probably Wall-E, Up, or The Incredibles. Looking forward to Brave next year; maybe it'll be the first Pixar movie I'll have gotten to see in theatres since The Incredibles. :P-ibrow