Inika And Kanohi

Raph

I'm try to combine 2 topics in one. 1. Toa Inika is one of favorite teams and Bionicle sets. I'm soon going to get Nuparu Inika. And wanna ask you guys: how do you describe them? i mean is they cool, or they have some cons? if they do wich ones? i only know that they have rubber masks. and thier heads is glow in dark. 2. Kanohi packs 2001 year is perhaps most cool collectible in BIONICLE. And what you think?

First off, the Inika heads do not glow in the dark. I had Jaller and Hahli and they never glowed in the dark.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Well, I like the Inika. They have cool weapons and I really like their swords. But I don't like the masks. (and the Piraka/skakdi heads is glow in the dark, not the Inika heads)And yes, I really like the Kanohi from the 2001 Mask Packs, specialy the rare misprints (Ruru, Matatu and Kaukau)

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

I'm try to combine 2 topics in one. 1. Toa Inika is one of favorite teams and Bionicle sets. I'm soon going to get Nuparu Inika. And wanna ask you guys: how do you describe them? i mean is they cool, or they have some cons? if they do wich ones? i only know that they have rubber masks. and thier heads is glow in dark. 2. Kanohi packs 2001 year is perhaps most cool collectible in BIONICLE. And what you think?

1. The Inika was the year that the sets began to use generic builds. I like the light-up swords and the electric feel, but overall they´re not my favorite. Also, the heads don´t glow.2. I think they´re really cool, and I would have liked to get some if I was into that back then. Edited by Waffles

You don't really have to combine two topics into one; there's even already a topic about the 2001-2003 Kanohi, more or less, here.1. The Inika heads don't glow in the dark, although they have light-up weapons (or "Toa Tools," as it may be). It's the Piraka with the glow-in-the-dark feature (on their teeth). Nuparu was probably among my favorite of the Inika, particularly because he had quite a few pieces that weren't used often again (such as those in that light shade of grey); however, Hewkii was the most interesting in build, character (in-story), and piece selection (gunmetal grey).1a. As for cons, the Inika certainly weren't the best year of sets. Unfortunately, the Inika were largely the same; I think that they had about five distinguishing characteristics, none of which affected the build substantially. They also lacked functions beyond light-up tools; although that made them much more pose-able, they weren't as good for playing/fiddling with. I'd say that they're worth getting to look cool in a collection or for their pieces, but don't get the Toa Inika (beyond one or maybe two) if you rarely buy BIONICLE. (Also, buying them second-hand may not be the best idea, as sets like Jaller are likely to be unnecessarily expensive.)2. Absolutely--I loved getting a bunch of Kanohi for MOCing and (nearly) completing my collection. I have only really cared about the collectibles from 2001 and 2002 (since I never really bought any Kanohi from 2003).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I personally liked the Inika. What was inr=teresting about them were the light-up swords, Nuparu claws, and swords. Yeah, Nuparu is a good set to get, along with Hewkii.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I thought the Inika were good sets, I just wished they had normal masks and heads, because they're pretty much useless.The Kanohi packs were an amazing idea and I wish I had been a fan back then. As it was, I never got any.

i don't got many of kanohi as well.As for inika, i think same 'bout thier heads. but rubber masks is also good idea.

The Inika were pretty awesome sets, although they had cons. And the Kanohi packs were awesome, too, but I wasn't a fan at the time they came out. However, I bought one cheap, I can't remember the price, though.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The Inika were pretty sweet. They were probably among the most influential in Bionicle's recent history, given every second set and its mother copied their design afterwards. After the Piraka, they were one of the first fully-action figure based sets and for that reason I loved them. Also those awesome light up weapons.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I know quite a few people have already said this, but the heads don't glow in the dark.The pro's would be that these were very original sets (when they were released), and although not that different from eachother, c'mon guys, no-one complained about the Mata, Nuva or Metru.The con's would be that you need to be very careful with the masks, as they can easily be bent out of shape and refuse to fit the head.Nuparu is probably one of the best, along with Matoro.

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...

First off, the Inika heads do not glow in the dark. I had Jaller and Hahli and they never glowed in the dark.

Yeah, it was the Pirakas' heads that glowed in the dark.And, I agree, the Inika were a new breakthrough in set poseability for the line.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Inika were my second favorite year., the masks are amazing and unique, but the geads don't live up to their glow-in-te-dark reputation.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!