Is Hero Factory Mimicing Bionicle?

Biohistorian

I have been reading over the mistakes and flaws Makuta's plan when i saw the timeline in Bionicle and compared it to Hero Factory and came up with this:1.0 = Toa Mata (to start off)2.0 = Toa Nuva/Toa Metru (new upgrades/foldable limbs)3.0 = Toa Hordika (they looked like animals)4.0 = Toa Inika (the Piraka escaped the Dark Hunters, so did all the villians)So, do you all agree or disagree? Please list why!

All very minor things (except for the 2004 comparison; the 2005 comparison is a bit of a stretch, but your second point is valid), especially the part about the Piraka "escaping". =/-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I wouldn't say its fully recycled. But the nova and 2.0 is an unignorable similarity.The animal hordika is a stretch but both those have animals under control of someone.And maybe the jailbreak oneGawrrr! Stop it phone!

Edited by bumblebee

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I also noticed that, while in 2001 the villains were quite a bit larger than the heroes, in 1.0 the villains were also larger.However, the animal thing I understand. It's close enough, but I have to agree that it's a bit of a stretch.So, what you're suggesting is that after Breakout we'll have an underwater theme?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I also noticed that, while in 2001 the villains were quite a bit larger than the heroes, in 1.0 the villains were also larger.However, the animal thing I understand. It's close enough, but I have to agree that it's a bit of a stretch.So, what you're suggesting is that after Breakout we'll have an underwater theme?

Furno and Jawblade say "Hi."

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Hero Factory - Homage to 2005 occurs in the episode where Stormer turns temporarily evil and has to be talked down by Furno, similar to Vakama turning temporarily evil and having to be talked down by Matau.Hero Factory 2.0 - The Upgrade scene is a deliberate reference to the Nuva upgrade.Hero Factory 3.0 - An evil magician takes over a jungle by controlling animals with corrupted objects. He is fought by our six heroes, who arrived after the villain had a foothold. Eventually, the villain is defeated in single combat with a specially-powered gold-armored hero. That statement describes either 2001-2003 or 3.0.Hero Factory: Breakout - The premise, that the worst criminals of all time escape, is similar to 2007.So yes, Hero Factory is referencing BIONICLE, but in such a way that makes it seem likely that it's just a bonus for BIONICLE fans, and not LEGO being unoriginal. Only 3.0 has a whole-plot reference to any degree.

No, HF isn't mimicing BIONICLE. It has many slight similarities to stories BIONICLE has told, but that's just because BIONICLE was telling stories for nine years and so told many, many types of stories. The fact that Hero Factory tells similar stories is just unavoidable coincidence.

Of course, although not in the sense you may be thinking. It's being made by many of the same people, the same kind of "feel" for the whole line, and the sets were based off the same principles, even with Bionicle laying the groundwork for many HF pieces. So, kinda.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 2 weeks later...

I think 3.0 was more like the Mata, personally.Not the heroes themselves, but the storyline.Bionicle: The Evil Makuta has placed corrupted masks on the Rahi beasts of Mata Nui.Hero Factory: The Witch Doctor has placed corrupted Quaza spikes on the animals of Quatros.

If you don't copy and paste things to your sig, copy and paste this to your sig.

gotlightningbanner.png

I AM A LINK! HEAR ME ROAR! '<

Not by that criteria, but let's think about this for a second. Hmmmm. Monstrous beasts being controlled with an evil villain by strange devices implanted on them... now what does that remind you of?

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Hero Factory - Homage to 2005 occurs in the episode where Stormer turns temporarily evil and has to be talked down by Furno, similar to Vakama turning temporarily evil and having to be talked down by Matau.

I find it to be more similar to the age-old plotline of Lewa being possessed and Onua coming to save the day at the last minute. The Enemy Within is strongly reminiscent of both the infected mask and krana incidents, including the corrupted hero finally being restored by his own mind when he remembers his cause.That said, I don't think the story team is thinking especially of referencing BIONICLE when they write the scripts, they're just thinking of some way to (poorly IMO) explain what all these sets have to do with each other.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison