Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

Well I have a story arc that I'm about to start, and it starts with a character dying. Do I need to make a profile and post it in the Character Topic, or can I just run the person as a NPC? I would normally just post it in the Character Topic and not even ask, but I don't want to waste one character spot.

You can just have an NPC die. Just don't make killing NPCs a regular occurance -- only the co-hosts and I have the power to do that. :P

So, I have a few questions regarding this whole thing: How big is the ship, how much of it is Techna itself, and can we leave Techna to explore the rest of the ship?

Hey guys, best answer I got to this was "this ship is huge." Could you please clarify a bit? 'Twould be much appreciated.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

So, I have a few questions regarding this whole thing: How big is the ship, how much of it is Techna itself, and can we leave Techna to explore the rest of the ship?

Hey guys, best answer I got to this was "this ship is huge." Could you please clarify a bit? 'Twould be much appreciated.
Well, according to this map of Techna I whipped together a little before the polls began, each square quadrant is one hundred square meters. Techna is thirty squares east-west (A.K.A. three thousand meters, or three kilometers) and ten squares north-south (one thousand meters, or one kilometer). I could change that fact if necessary, but at the moment it seems large enough to me.

Indeed. Mass genocide is part of the job. >=D

Remember kids, only the GMs have a cannon big enough to treat NPCs as cannon fodder.-Dovydas
Also note that "Game Master" forms the same acronym as "Godmod". :sly:But don't worry, players; we hosts won't abuse our powers for the sake of winning -- after all, we can't have fun if we're steamrolling everyone.EDIT: The first three letters of "moderator" are filted into the full word. :blink: Edited by Legolover-361

I might have characters die; but like Lev, I typically only kill off characters if they need that for character plots and/or development. =P Though, then there's times when I want characters killed off, but people don't get the hint, and instead start to heal the character instead. xD *coughlevcough*

Well, according to this map of Techna I whipped together a little before the polls began, each square quadrant is one hundred square meters. Techna is thirty squares east-west (A.K.A. three thousand meters, or three kilometers) and ten squares north-south (one thousand meters, or one kilometer). I could change that fact if necessary, but at the moment it seems large enough to me.
So then, the city of Techna takes up the entirety of the ship?Also, just saying, as Lev said, three square kilometers is a bit small for the entire world of an RPG.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

No, Techna doesn't take up the entirety of the starship. It's only within the central part. The entire starship is at least two kilometers longer than the space-city itself.Three square kilometers isn't much, true, but if the starship (right now measured at five kilometers) were much larger, it would be in more danger from incoming asteroids, slower to accelerate, etc. Right now it's just large enough to hold all of its population while being small enough to stay nimble.

... *sigh*Every day I come back to this, there are four new pages.I just don't know what to do anymore. LL, to be honest with you, I was never into this RPG when you first posted it way back when. I shouldn't have taken up duty as co-GM here in the first place.So... I resign. Give my place to someone else.-Skar

I could take his place. But I'unno; I'm still more busy than KNI and LL with other stuff. I can keep up with Techna. Just as long as you guys do your 1/5 of the work, I think I could be a co-GM.If anyone wishes to dispute my claim, do so. I posted this in Discussion for a reason.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I'm online enough, but since I'm (trying) to play three RPGs and am working on an Elder Scrolls one in COT, which if I get it past would take up a lot of time running... no, I have to decline. :-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

... *sigh*Every day I come back to this, there are four new pages.I just don't know what to do anymore. LL, to be honest with you, I was never into this RPG when you first posted it way back when. I shouldn't have taken up duty as co-GM here in the first place.So... I resign. Give my place to someone else.-Skar

I understand. Do you want to keep your Toa Techna character, Fulok? I'm not very eager to retcon his existence... If you just want Fulok off the Toa Techna, you could have him contact Torch with his resignation and then have him do whatever.I'm sorry to see you go, but if you can't keep up, it's probably for the best.

Or you could have Fulok discover the existance of a criminal syndicate by trailing a black cat made out of metal and investigate, only to find himself overpowered by a rogue toa of fire who utterly destroys him before he can stop his evil plans, thus demonstrating the villains potential for evil and extreme fighting abilities to the whole world...Or he could resign and live in the retirement home and hope Black Mage doesn't show up.Or he could stop being a member of the Toa Techna and instead simply be a normal character, continuing his once-per-four-page existence as a crime fighter who rarely shows up.Or mutated wasps from space could show up and eat him.Possibilities are endless for the goodbye Fulok story arc.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Are there only three, now? This is quite a surprise....Um, if someone could please give me a brief summary of events that have happened in the past couple of days, I would really appreciate it. XPBusy with school but still determined to honor his commitments,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Yes, KNI, 'tis a dire predicament. I'm expecting all the staff, including whoever will soon be hired, to watch out for worthy players and characters; the Toa Techna's ranks are small, and while five co-hosts is enough in my opinion, five Toa Techna is pitiful.Shyyrn, nothing of importance to your character has happened. Skarloth has resigned from being co-host, and a few people have offered to replace him. Torch has closed Pro Coding Corp. due to a hacking attack, and Amnchey has revealed herself as a Hacker only to Torch (no meta-gaming, guys!). Matrapolix and Enaltai are fighting in Central Square.In short, Shyyrn, Forcyte has no commitments to honor at the moment. I don't know if Forcyte is still with Awk or not, but either way, feel free to have them wherever.In other, still somewhat related news, I've taken a placement test at a local community college, and my results suggest I'm clear to begin taking college mathematics courses in the coming semester. :happydance: Taking those classes, coupled with having to deal with two co-ops, will severely cut down my available time to roleplay, so if I grow inactive during late January and most if not all of February, that's why.

Understood.Forcyte has been hunting the Ghost Program the entire time. However, expect him to pop out in the outside world... unexpectedly. :PGood luck with your classes!-Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."