Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

Look, I'm not sure you understand the tactics of this situation.You have anywhere from six to ten guards surrounding you that have guns raised and ready, and the only thing preventing you from getting a spot on Monday morning's obituary page is the fact that you have a magnetic field up that can block bullets temporarily. Once that goes down, you won't be able to sweet talk your way out of all those gun barrels.Not to mention that there's a Toa Techna and a couple MORE guards a few flights of steps above you that can easily be down there in ten seconds flat.I don't care if your boy had Albert Einstein's brain pressed into his mask with a rolling pin, you can't be that intelligent without full-on god modding.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Look, I wanted it to be hard, but no, everyone's character HAS to be a bigshot escape artist who can beat up complete police forces by batting their eyebrows. :/

Mine aren't! XD

And the only one I have who would likely be arrested is a cowardly robot who couldn't even fight his way out of a pet carrier, let alone a prison.

The way I see it, the guards for anywhere there are guards, are highly trained, or they wouldn't be guards. The don't hire people with the accuracy of stormtroopers to protect things, they hire those who are skilled at it. If everyone was more skilled than the guards, then why even have guards in the first place? Guards should really be taken seriously, not as easy kills.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Well, the only character of mine who would even try to escape would be Tsuki, and they'd likely take his Mask away before locking him up so he doesn't try to escape. =PZero doesn't count; he wasn't imprisoned, he was sealed away at his own request. =P

@ KNI

I put it on hold for lack of interest from other players.

Because you never expanded the search past the Toa Techna. I for one was interested, but you never let it go beyond the S&D walls.

Look, I wanted it to be hard, but no, everyone's character HAS to be a bigshot escape artist who can beat up complete police forces by batting their eyebrows. :/

Only one of mine. And its with lightning, not eyebrow batting. :P@ Hubert

"Ten more minutes Kar," muttered Arkrak as he continued snoring. "I'm currently killing some kikanalo."

No, that was another of your characters. :P@ LegoLover

OOC: Power-neutralizing technology seems rather unrealistic.

Because powers are realistic? :P But yeah, as the others said. Such technology was shown in the story; albeit designed by the Great Beings themselves.(Also I always stripped my prisoners masks. Makes it easier. Matoran can't use their masks anyways, so they can keep them; Toa can survive without them, and it also weakens their elemental powers.)@ Tyler Durden

Look, I'm not sure you understand the tactics of this situation.You have anywhere from six to ten guards surrounding you that have guns raised and ready, and the only thing preventing you from getting a spot on Monday morning's obituary page is the fact that you have a magnetic field up that can block bullets temporarily. Once that goes down, you won't be able to sweet talk your way out of all those gun barrels.Not to mention that there's a Toa Techna and a couple MORE guards a few flights of steps above you that can easily be down there in ten seconds flat.I don't care if your boy had Albert Einstein's brain pressed into his mask with a rolling pin, you can't be that intelligent without full-on god modding.

I can see a way out that would easily work; however, considering the city, I would never have a time of day where a guard without magnetism wasn't on duty. So he really does have no logical way of escaping unless they really suck at hiring.@ Zoma

The way I see it, the guards for anywhere there are guards, are highly trained, or they wouldn't be guards. The don't hire people with the accuracy of stormtroopers to protect things, they hire those who are skilled at it. If everyone was more skilled than the guards, then why even have guards in the first place? Guards should really be taken seriously, not as easy kills.

Guards are guards because they're being payed to be. They have advanced training. However, a guard isn't a PC. The problem with this RPG is the fact that the population of the city is so small it means that the PC population is, rather than less than 1%, about 3 or 4% of the cities overall number.Typically, what makes a PC different than an NPC isn't that you're playing it; it's that they're superior. The PCs do things nobody else can do because they're the best. A PC who is a guard isn't just a guard, he's one of the leaders amongst the group and a hero to others. On the other hand, there are NPCs who are better than the PCs, but that's why there are even less of them than PCs - leaders of factions and such.There are some exceptions, of course, where there are only PCs - and thus they're all highly powerful. On Island of Pain I made a number of comments IC about how all of the gathered beings were the best of the best at what they did, and thus could do what others couldn't dream of. And there are cases where all NPCs are the same skill level of PCs, though these are rare. Heck, in The Island we would have all been the NPC's (though who ever said that would last for long?)But yeah. Guards aren't easy kills, but they're not as skilled as players. Never send in less than 12 NPCs after a PC if you want half of them to survive. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Typically, what makes a PC different than an NPC isn't that you're playing it; it's that they're superior. The PCs do things nobody else can do because they're the best. A PC who is a guard isn't just a guard, he's one of the leaders amongst the group and a hero to others. On the other hand, there are NPCs who are better than the PCs, but that's why there are even less of them than PCs - leaders of factions and such.

If that is so, then I am obviously playing this game incorrectly. XD

I have a failure of a weapon inventor with almost no fighting skill.

A cowardly robot who's weaker than even an ADR.

A waitress with a temper who doesn't even have all that good a restaurant and isn't all that impressive in a fight.

And a Toa who only uses claws, and is in trouble against anyone with long range weapons.

So... none of mine are the best, or even among the best at anything.

And that's the way I like it, what's the point in trying to be better than everyone else?

Edited by Zoma

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I have a failure of a weapon inventor with almost no fighting skill.A cowardly robot who's weaker than even an ADR.A waitress with a temper who doesn't even have all that good a restaurant and isn't all that impressive in a fight.And a Toa who only uses claws, and is in trouble against anyone with long range weapons.So... none of mine are the best, or even among the best at anything.And that's the way I like it, what's the point in trying to be better than everyone else?

Which is your choice to play as the lower down; however, it's the capability that's there. A PC is, however, the main character. In this story, which has been dubbed by LegoLover as Techna, we are the main characters. We don't focus on the guards; they're the supporting cast of the grand play.In the end, however, it's the players that contribute to everything - when the good guys or bad guys win, it's because of the PCs. Unless it's Dovys RPG, then a bunch of NPCs who's return hadn't even been hinted at in the story suddenly pop out of nowhere and then suddenly kill the monster we were all getting excited about fighting.No bitterness here.But if your character is playing the supporting cast that's perfectly fine as well.And of course, this is LegoLovers RPG, so if he rules PCs aren't superior then that's his right to do so. I'm speaking from the way that I prefer to see things run.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

@ Tyler Durden

Look, I'm not sure you understand the tactics of this situation.You have anywhere from six to ten guards surrounding you that have guns raised and ready, and the only thing preventing you from getting a spot on Monday morning's obituary page is the fact that you have a magnetic field up that can block bullets temporarily. Once that goes down, you won't be able to sweet talk your way out of all those gun barrels.Not to mention that there's a Toa Techna and a couple MORE guards a few flights of steps above you that can easily be down there in ten seconds flat.I don't care if your boy had Albert Einstein's brain pressed into his mask with a rolling pin, you can't be that intelligent without full-on god modding.

I can see a way out that would easily work; however, considering the city, I would never have a time of day where a guard without magnetism wasn't on duty. So he really does have no logical way of escaping unless they really suck at hiring.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Well, yes, under perfectly normal circumstances I could name a lot of RPers on this site (myself included) who could find a way out of this situation, but considering the setting of this RPG and the current character choices made by PCs, there's no way you could pull off an escape, even one of this magnitude.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

As far as the Barraki thing goes, it never got farther than the Techna because of lack of interest OOC. It wasn't like people jumped at the chance when I offered to expand it. XD

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

@ Hubert & Tyler DurdenYeah. Right when I was in the middle of writing up my master plan, KNI goes ahead and decides that Takadox is making, and I quote, "A droid army."Had a tape of him going all Lecter on a guard.@ KNI

As far as the Barraki thing goes, it never got farther than the Techna because of lack of interest OOC. It wasn't like people jumped at the chance when I offered to expand it. XD

We were kind of waiting on you to do something. :|-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I might make another character for it. Or Alan will se it once he's done with his card game. Though, with how long the matches seem to last IRL, the story will probably be over at that point. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Another job of the PC - to perform quests for fat loot and Experience Points.Though I think Levacius already hit the level cap. Unless this is 3rd edition, in which case we have to wonder if the DM allows epic level characters.Meh. Maybe I can cast a spell with the bonus XP.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It wouldn't have worked if you had expected it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Cardinal Points

My CoT RPG will be put up for approval soon!

You were expecting it. You get a Cliff Racer instead.Cliffracer.jpg

Good! Remember, they get thirty grand, a plasma rifle, and some other prize!Because at KNI inc., we don't just moderate, we god-moderate! :)J/K, thirty grand is just IC and the plasma rifle is just an in-game prize to arm them for the impending fight.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Meh. Hopefully it's a big one. Levacius hasn't even displayed his true prowess yet...... or use Faulty Teleport....I wonder if I'll ever get to use Remove Poison. :PDoubtful.But yeah. It'll be epic.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

To whoever RPs the Security at the CKC, I've been trying to make an inquiry as to why the Internet is down. And I've destroyed a Camera to get their attention. Sorry if I sound impatient, it's just that my character has been moving literally nowhere.

Edited by Toa Zealokan

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles