Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC-Grochi:Grochi started gaining speed on Windfly, noticing she was walking slower than he had seen her going through the city earlier."You're moving rather slowly, aren't you?" He drawled as he walked past her, not looking back."Whoever gets to the dock last is a monkey's uncle!" He called back at her.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Windfly/Le-Wahi, En Route to Po-Wahi with GrochiIC:

Windfly had a rather puzzled look on her face as she responded, "I am not male, nor am I related to a mule..." But, it seemed he was challenging her to a race. Shrugging, she activated her disk and shot past him, through the air, dodging branches like nobody's business.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Windfly had noticed that her companion was slow. Thus, she stopped on a branch a good distance ahead, waiting for him to get there. While waiting, she chirped and whistled a bird song, with the birds around her joining.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC-Grochi:Great, Grochi thought, Now she's mocking me with birdsong. Although, it is rather amazing that she can speak with them...When he finally caught up, Grochi looked up at her. "Why'd you stop?" He asks, grinning, before activating his disk and yelling "Hah!" into it. He startled Windfly enough that he was actually able to get a good running start, and he could see the beach rather close in front of him.

profiles i guess

"I was waiting for - AGH!" she screamed, falling to the ground. Growling, she stood and shot straight into Grochi, tackling him a bit harder than necessary. She then grabbed his shoulder and tried to fling him back. The matoran darted to the water, a victorious purr emanating from her throat.

IC-Grochi:Well, Grochi thought, Looks like I still lost.He managed to pull himself up out of the mud, limping slightly (due to the force of Windfly's impact) to where Windfly was standing, laughing."Looks like you win," Grochi said, smiling. "So...where do we find a boat right now?"

profiles i guess

"Um... That looks like a boat. It also looks large enough for us. How do we, uh, get their attention?" asked the matoran. The boat she hapened to see was the Mudflow, which came into the main water from its little stream.

IC: Calik - City of Fire - Talking to OuraCalik stared at the newcomer for a while. Who was this guy? What was his deal?'I don't know what kind of idealism you've deluded yourself with, but this is the real world,' he said, a harsh expression carved onto his face.A moment later, the Matoran's expression softened, and he leaned back, 'Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped.'He smiled slightly, 'For the record, I'm usually employed by someone, who generally needs someone to 'disappear'. However, I have a code of honour, and will only 'deal with' the people who truly deserve it. I don't harm anyone who doesn't have to be hurt.'-Void

IC Oura - City of Fire - Talking to Calik: "You and I abide by similar rules, though you sound more like an assassin than a vigilante. No problem with that, though, as long as you're doing it for the good of the people," he said. -Oura

IC-Grochi:Grochi smiled, noticing that he could finally when at something."Well," he started to say, "You might be able to jump-fly over to them, or I could yell at them. Would you like to see which works better?" He looked over at Windfly, smiling. "Okay, on three...one...two...three..." Activating his disk, Grochi yelled at the boat. "Hello!" he yelled at them. "Can you give us a ride?"

profiles i guess

Windfly and Japack/Ga-Wahi, En Route to Po-Wahi with Grochi and VasilcIC:

Windfly didn't move to fly. Instead, she covered her sensitive ear to hopefully block the noise. It only partly worked.Japack looked to see from whence the booming voice came. Seemed to come from the two matoran that had just arrived at the shore. "And whar ye be goin'?" yelled the matoran back at them, ready to turn the small ship to pick the two from the land.

IC-Grochi:"The City of Stone, if it's along your route!" Grochi yelled back, though not quite so loud, seeing as he didn't want to hurt Windfly. "I can pay you three-hundred odd widgets now, and more later if you need it!" He yelled to the captain of the small ship, hopefully enticing him to come. He then looked over at Windfly and smirked. "Well, I guess I win this round, don't I?" He said, happily.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

"Aye, tha' be exactly whar I be goin'. Tha' also sounds like a fair price fer ye both," responded Japack, who turned the wheel toward the shore. To his crewmate and new friend, he said in a normal voice, "Well, well, Firs' Mate Vasilc. Seems we got us some passengers. Could ye clear some space fer 'em? Jus' gather everythin' in da hold t' a corner."Windfly saw her companion speak, but didn't hear him this time. Taking her hands from her ears, she questioned, "What did you say?"

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]With a silent nod the Ba-Matoran did as was asked of her, moving and stacking things into one corner. She was feeling nervous again, what with the arrival of two more Matoran, and avoided their gazes as she turned away to set to work. She thought it was silly of herself to be like this, really; if she got so shy around just a couple of newcomers, how would she handle herself when they arrived in a city?

Edited by Kumata

Japack whistled to himself as he prepared to stop the ship and drop the ladder. However, he found this was unnecessary, as Windfly took the liberty to grab her companion and fly to the deck. "Flight, eh? Tha' could be a useful power t' have in me crew," said the matoran in an offhanded manner. Thinking further into the matter, he chuckled to himself. An entire crew garned in a day would be nice. Not that he needed more than Vasilc. Still, it would be nice. "Ye wan' some chocolate, mates? Maybe some rum?"Windfly cocked her head. "What is... chocolate? What is rum? I have never heard of these; are they more types of food?"

"Wha', been campin' fer a few centuries or so?" said Japack with a laugh. He really had no idea just how right he was. With another chuckle, he turned the ship and set course for Po-Wahi. Once the Mudflow got moving, it went at a pretty speedy pace."Well then, I gots me some of both on me person. Here," he said, taking a bottle of rum and a slab of chocolate from his coat. "Drink up, eat up, be merry. I see an instrument ye gots thar, care t' play a shantey?"Windfly ginerly took the chocolate and repeated her checking for poison. There was definitely a smell latched onto it, though she figured that came from the matoran and not the food itself. She took a small bite and found that it was again a sweet thing. Creamy, rich, and sweet. She smiled and took another small bite of her piece.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]After clearing the necessary space for her new shipmates, Vasilc emerged from the hold of the Mudflow and back onto the deck. They were moving at a faster pace now, and a slight spray of water assailed anyone who stood close to the edge of the deck.She glanced at the newcomers, then quickly moved over to a coil of rope, pretending to be doing something important with it. She couldn't quite work up the courage to introduce herself yet.

"Name's Cap'n Japack, if ye wan' t' be knowin'. She's Vasilc, me firs' mate - and, in truth, me only crew member. What be yer names?"Windfly replied, "I'm Windfly. I forgot my actual name, so I took this as my own. I hope it isn't too odd."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

IC (Le-Wahi forests):The cage's carriers went over an abnormality in the forest floor, jostling Kimonou's cage with their sudden change of position. "Are we there yet?" asked Kimonou.

ooC: EW said that I could take over for him for the stuff concerning your Char.IC: The Matoran didn't answer, they just kept walking, the abnormality had been the remains of another such traveler such as Kimonou and they were deliberately placed there to alert any passing members of the order of the presence of the location the Matoran were taking Kimonou to.As they neared their location, and the forest began opening up, Kimonou may have caught sight of other beings in cages being carried to and from the direction they were heading in. The ones being carried away, seemed injured or perhaps even dead, it was a somewhat gruesome sight.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC-Grochi:Grochi, taking the bottle of rum from Japack, and unstoppering it. "My name's Grochi," he said, bowing extravagantly. "Perhaps you've heard of me."He then took a large swig of rum. "Woo-hoo, that's some strong stuff you have there," he said appreciatively. "Do you ferment this yourself, or do you buy it somewhere?" Saying that, he took the bottle and sealed it back up with a sonic hum using the power of his disk. He then stowed it in his pack. "I hope you don't mind if I keep this," he said to Japack, "But I'm going to need something to drink on the trip, no?"

profiles i guess

"'Tis fine, a part o' da fee. Which, o' course, I be takin' from ye now, if ye don' mind," responded Japack with anoth hearty chuckle. He motioned to an empty rum bottle that seemjed to contain his profits.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]In her position of pretending to fiddle with said coil of rope, Vasilc was facing outward, toward the expansive waters around them. They sparkled with the midday sunlight. Aside from the ripples cast in the wake of the ship, the sea seemed pretty clear.Although...... what was that strange shadow drifting towards them?OOC: An approaching Rahi? A false alarm? You guys decide. :D

Japack smiled as he turned the ship's wheel ever so slightly so that they would go north. Despite it technically being a longer path, entering Po-Wahi from the north was much easier on a boat. They would catch the river of sand and sail into the city.As he turned the ship, he noticed the same shadow. It didn't seem to be moving or at least a fast speed. "Wha's this? A rahi, or some kinda sunken ship? Vasilc, can ye take a gander underwater t' see?"OOC: Or... an entrance into an underwater temple of dooooom? Who knows?

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]"Um... alright." Vasilc walked to the edge of the deck, peering over the edge at the shadow for a few moments. Since the ship was changing direction it was difficult to tell whether the shadow was actually moving or not.Vasilc unslung her travelling pack - she didn't want it to get wet - and produced her disk. Clutching it, she willed a vine to sprout from her free palm, wrapping tightly around the rail that surrounded the deck. She climbed up on it then hopped over the side, gently extending the length of the vine so as to abseil down into the water. The Mudflow wasn't a gigantic vessel, so it only took a few seconds. As her toes touched the surface of the water, she drew a deep breath and took the plunge...OOC: We'll discover for certain in my next IC!

Edited by Kumata

"D' either of ye 'ave fightin' abilities? Whatever dis is, I be thinkin' that we'll have to figh' somethin'," said Japack with a hand inside his coat."I can fight pretty well, I think..." responded Windfly, having caught the shadow with her eye.

IC-Grochi:"Well," Grochi drawled slowly, "I can do some pretty amazing stuff with a broken bottle. And, of course, I have these," he said, motioning to his knives, "And this big disk here that I used to yell at you." He had noticed the shadow as well, though he kept cracking jokes. Why? Well, he's Grochi.Grochi grabbed his throwing knives and began juggling them, another one of his many talents. "So, if it is a big fish-rahi, do you mind if I make it my pet for the duration of this trip, Windfly?" Grochi asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

profiles i guess

Japack couldn't help but chuckle at Grochi's attitude toward the situation. With a shake of his head, he said, "Ye've got, spunk don'che? Well, tha'll be nice.""Er... um... how would we bring it on land?" responded Windfly, confused as to how that would work.

ooC: EW said that I could take over for him for the stuff concerning your Char.IC: The Matoran didn't answer, they just kept walking, the abnormality had been the remains of another such traveler such as Kimonou and they were deliberately placed there to alert any passing members of the order of the presence of the location the Matoran were taking Kimonou to.As they neared their location, and the forest began opening up, Kimonou may have caught sight of other beings in cages being carried to and from the direction they were heading in. The ones being carried away, seemed injured or perhaps even dead, it was a somewhat gruesome sight.

IC (Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou paled. He dared not draw his blade for fear he would be killed on the spot, but even as blood drained from his face, an urge seized control of his muscles, tensing them into tight knots: the urge to get the heck out of here."What is this secret-place?" asked Kimonou, only half expecting to receive an answer. He might not be paying attention, either; his mind was too busy grappling with the untouchable concept of death.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]After descending into the chilly waters, Vasilc slowly opened her eyes. It was murky and difficult to see, but she could definitely make out the shadow before her. She swam closer, keeping her grip tight on both the vine and her disk. The shadow became clearer...... and turned out to be nothing more than a large chunk of craggy rock, dotted with barnacles, floating past. She would have breathed a sigh of relief, if she could breathe. She'd managed to hold her own against the small Rahi that dwelt around her hut, but she didn't favour her chances against something larger. She turned around, beginning to pull herself back up on the vine, thinking that she might use the news of the false alarm to comfortably start a conversation with her new shipmates-Hang on, she thought.Why was such a large rock floating?As she tilted her head to look back over her shoulder, the 'barnacles' snapped open. They were eyes. A split in the rock became a fanged mouth. Four flippers unfurled from the creature's craggy shell, propelling it with sudden speed towards her!In her panic Vasilc did no more than let go of the vine. Gravity favoured her (well, she was a Ba-Matoran) and dragged her below the path of the creature. It surged onwards and slammed into the side of the Mudflow, no doubt sending a violent vibration through it. The noise of the impact shook Vasilc to her senses, and frantically she began to swim to the surface.

Edited by Kumata

"Well, she seems t' be comin' ba - wai'. No, she turned back aroun'. Mata-Nui, wha' in Karzahni is tha'?!" screamed Japack as he quickly flung off his coat into the cargo hold below them. Turned out that he had retrieve his dagger from within, along with an empty rum bottle. holding onto the wheel to brace for impact, he said, "Quick! Give Vasilc a han' gettin' up! I'll take care o' dis thin'!"With that, he leaped overboard and straight onto the creature, shattering the bottle with amazing force upon its open eyes. He then began madly stabbing at the other eyes with the broken glass and the dagger. His disk's energy flowed through each strike, causing the creature to feel up for down and got completely blind.Windfly caught herself in mid-air from the impact and grabbed Grochi beforew he also went overboard. Then, feeling that she would be best suited to grab the other female matoran, she flew over the water. Seeing the flailing shadow beneath the surface, she plunged into the now-violent waves and reached for Vasilc.

IC-Grochi:"Well," Grochi said, getting ready to jump in after Windfly, "It looks right for a jolly good time." Saying that, he jumped into the water, onto the top of the creature. Activating his disk, he sent a sonic wave through the water that forced everybody away from the large fish for a moment. He then went to the work of calming the creature, stroking it along a back ridge it had. The creature shivered, then stopped. It floated up close enough to the surface for Grochi to breathe and speak."Well," he said, looking over towards Windfly, "Do I get to keep him, or what?"

profiles i guess

Turned out the creature didn't want to be calmed. Seemed that it would have to be beat into submission. Sputtering different swears at Grochi, Japack quickly swam back toward the beast. While aiming to slap Grochi away, it turned and opened its mouth, about to chomp on the captain.

OOC: ...We have vastly different size perceptions of this thing. I was thinking about the size of the ship; say, ten bio long and, in width, about the same. You seem to be treating it the size of a dog. XD

So Grochi just stuck his hand right beside it's mouth. Well, now the appendage wasn't exactly beside it. Instead, it was inside, and the rest of Grochi was about to be consumed by the massive creature, mouth filled with razor-sharp teeth. Japack, however, made it think that the water behind it was Grochi instead. Thus, it quickly turned around and bit down with a satisfying crunch. And then it might realize that it's sense of stillness was actually it swimming really fast to slam its head into a rock. or maybe not. That was up to its own perception of how it was skewed and its will.Windfly, in the meantime, grabbed Vasilc from behind the matoran. She quickly wrapped her legs around the other being to keep her from drowning both. She then shot upwards and broke the surface, whispering, "It's okay, Vasilc. I'm going to put you on the boat - you aren't drowning. It's fine." She might have been away from society for a long time, but she was still smart and she knew how to console a frightened person - as Vasilc likely was.

OOC: Yeah, I also imagined it to be quite big - maybe not ten bio, more like four or five? Also, it's not a fish; it's a turtle. I said that it had a shell (which is why it looked like a rock at first glance)I don't mind Grochi trying to calm it, but it wouldn't be as easy as just stroking its back (you ever tried to calm an angry dog in that way? You will get bitten).[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]The Ba-Matoran gasped, out of a mixture of panic and breathlessness. But she hadn't swallowed any water, so she was fine after a few moments.Underwater, the 'rock turtle' flipped over, sending a ripple through the water that forced the underwater fighters away from it. Then it began swimming towards the Mudflow (thinking, thanks to its skewed perception, that it was swimming away from said ship) and doing so upside-down. While another impact was imminent, this maneuver did at least expose its softer, fleshy underside.

OOC: You'd be surprised, I have a couple of Anatolians and that works great. Besides, imagine it has some sort of hyper-sensitive nerve-bundle dorsal ridge. Messing around with that could distract it and incapacitate it as it tried to run through the sub-conscious computation of what it felt. And I don't think it's quite that small or that big, ToD.IC-Grochi:Grochi frowned as the big fish-turtle-rahi flipped upside down, sending him into the water. He grabbed some rope he'd managed to secure from the ship's riggings, and then tied it around the turtle's head and neck like a big harness, and then pulled to the right, so that the turtle twisted back over and started swimming away from the ship. He pulled up on it's neck, so that it came up to where he could breathe easily."Well now," he said, smiling, "That was fun, wasn't it?"OOC: I think of it more like the size of a rhino or a hippo. Bigger than a horse, but still something a human could fit on, assuming they didn't die in the process. Also, imagine Grochi with a British accent. It makes all of his words funnier.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess