Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Yeah, most heterosexual ships are with Big Mac. Either that or it's SpikexRarity.

Ugh, no no no. Stay clear of the shipping. If you want a good MLP fanfic - one that actually holds true to the spirit of the show - start with Past Sins. Then go from there. If Past Sins is too long...then...um...I can't think of a short story that's great and holds true to the canon characters off the top of my head. Anyone else got any suggestions?

I didn't care for Past Sins, myself. There were too many references to existing episodes, and I didn't feel like everyone was written in character. But not being a fan of fanfiction, I have no alternative suggests. Although I do somewhat enjoy 'Friendship is Gaming' (or is it 'Magic of Gaming? 'Gaming is Magic'? Something like that).
YES. Waiting for that Mass Effect chapter to come out.

Link From the official MLP [removed]. She looked a lot better in her first appearance, I thought. The new mane makes her look like a mini-Celestia.

I dunno, I kinda like it.

What exactly is shipping?

Romantically pairing characters that generally have no business being romantically paired.
Hey, some ships make sense. Like this one.

"I REALLY like her mane!"

+1 Internet

The same-sex shipping is really cute to me, hehe.

Depends on the relationship IMO. CaraMac is bleh, but FlutterPie is d'awwwful.Anything with Celestia and Luna is kinda iffy, considering they're more than 1000 years old and will probably live on long after whoever they're getting shipped with has died, with the sole exception of Discord.LunaxAbacus and SmartyMac are still best ships though. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Yeah, most heterosexual ships are with Big Mac. Either that or it's SpikexRarity.

Ugh, no no no. Stay clear of the shipping. If you want a good MLP fanfic - one that actually holds true to the spirit of the show - start with Past Sins. Then go from there. If Past Sins is too long...then...um...I can't think of a short story that's great and holds true to the canon characters off the top of my head. Anyone else got any suggestions?

I didn't care for Past Sins, myself. There were too many references to existing episodes, and I didn't feel like everyone was written in character. But not being a fan of fanfiction, I have no alternative suggests. Although I do somewhat enjoy 'Friendship is Gaming' (or is it 'Magic of Gaming? 'Gaming is Magic'? Something like that).
YES. Waiting for that Mass Effect chapter to come out.

Link From the official MLP [removed]. She looked a lot better in her first appearance, I thought. The new mane makes her look like a mini-Celestia.

I dunno, I kinda like it.

What exactly is shipping?

Romantically pairing characters that generally have no business being romantically paired.
Hey, some ships make sense. Like this one.

"I REALLY like her mane!"

+1 Internet

The same-sex shipping is really cute to me, hehe.

Depends on the relationship IMO. CaraMac is bleh, but FlutterPie is d'awwwful. Anything with Celestia and Luna is kinda iffy, considering they're more than 1000 years old and will probably live on long after whoever they're getting shipped with has died, with the sole exception of Discord. LunaxAbacus and SmartyMac are still best ships though.
CelestCord! :D

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On shipping, I haven't read many fanfics, so I can't comment accurately. I also think the lack of male characters might make heterosexual shipping hard.

Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, made up ponies. Sorry, same-sex marriage/dating/etc. goes against everything I believe in and I find it disgusting. BUT moving on so that this doesn't mess up the topic... I like her mane.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Just watched Bridle Gossip. First I was like, Wow, this is the most acist thing I have ever seen, then I was like, TROLOLOLOLOLOL, then I was like, Oh. that explains everything. That's all I've got, time to read ADITLOGF.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Just watched Bridle Gossip. First I was like, Wow, this is the most acist thing I have ever seen, then I was like, TROLOLOLOLOLOL, then I was like, Oh. that explains everything.That's all I've got, time to read ADITLOGF.

Lol, that's what I thought. :PNow over a barrel was so stereotypical it was offensive... And funny. XD

On shipping, I haven't read many fanfics, so I can't comment accurately. I also think the lack of male characters might make heterosexual shipping hard.

Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, made up ponies. Sorry, same-sex marriage/dating/etc. goes against everything I believe in and I find it disgusting. BUT moving on so that this doesn't mess up the topic... I like her mane.
I agree with this, though it's hard with a cast of so few male characters, especially if you're only trying to use characters from the show (hence my RarityxSpike and RarityxTom shipping. :P)

I thought i'd be the last one to say this, but My Little Pony, FTW! :P I got into it today, and so far, I Like Twilight Sparkle best.

Welcome to the heard, taku. Be sure to view over all the episodes while your willpower is slowly drained away. BTW, Rarity is the best pony. Don't believe me, watch"Suited for Success" or "A Dog and Pony Show" You should watch them anyways though, along with a few others (I suggest "Winter Wrap Up" and "Party of One.") Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

The only fan-shipping I'd ever say "Hmmm, yeah, maybe there might be something going on there" to is DashxGilda. And that ended right after Griffon the Brush Off. (On a related note, who hopes Gilda returns for season two? Frankly, I do, and I appear to be the only one amongst my circle of friends who liked her.)

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I've only seen Gilda mentioned in one fanfic... She got what she deserved. :P

Quick to judge, eh? Pinkie was the insane one there, even if Gilda was a bully. (assuming you're talking of Cupcakes) -Skar
I am. xD But how else could she make such good treats?

Odd. Maybe I'll check that big pony site out. In all the fanfics I've read about the apple family, their parents are dead. Is that part cannon, or are they actually in the show?

No, they're never shown, so people made stuff up. Since they own a farm, they most likely wouldn't be moving around, so pretty much the only logical conclusion was that they died, or that they gave the farm to Big Mac/Granny Smith, who gave it to AJ/Big Mac, who gave it to AJ.

one shipfic with Fluttershy,

Wait, what? xD
Uh, I think it was about Gilda living in the Everfree after leaving Ponyville and Fluttershy finding her. There was a kinda similar fic with Gilda getting struck by lightning while flying, and Fluttershy finding her, and Fluttershy encouraging Gilda to make amends with Dash while she was recuperating.

Maybe she used the parasprites? o.o

No, she used a parasprite to kill Gilda. Shoved one down her throat, let it multiply, and... well, yeah. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Halloween costumes!

Uh, I think it was about Gilda living in the Everfree after leaving Ponyville and Fluttershy finding her.There was a kinda similar fic with Gilda getting struck by lightning while flying, and Fluttershy finding her, and Fluttershy encouraging Gilda to make amends with Dash while she was recuperating.

Ahh, I see. ^^ Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Odd. Maybe I'll check that big pony site out. In all the fanfics I've read about the apple family, their parents are dead. Is that part cannon, or are they actually in the show?

Granny Smith is still alive, so I assume they couldn't have died naturally. Unless... CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Equestria!

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Pinkie Pie as a chicken? Don't you mean Scootaloo as a pony?

Nehh, close enough. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~