Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

My list would be Fluttershy > Rainbow > Rarity > Applejack > Pinkie > Twilight All ponies are good ponies though.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

ok for awhile i thought that it was just something to like just to be cool (like being a hipster) but then i thought it might actually be a legitimately good show, so i watched it yeah i was right the first time whats going on guys like eugh i couldnt even get through the first ten minutes

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Figure I might add in a few extra thoughts. Someone might find them interesting. -I find myself sympathizing with and enjoying the presence of Twilight the most. Her bookish, studies-dedicated and management of her friendship with the others resonates with me for one reason or another. And something about Applejack's Southern nature seems to make her memoriable for me as well. I also find myself feeling rather odd when people keep bringing up the alternate intrepetations of Princess Celestia involving trolling, undiscussable-on-this-site matters and frequent moon banishments. It's all in the name of good humor, I know, but it gets a little tiresome after a while. I dunno, maybe it's just because I seem to respect her character quite a bit. I will note that the show seems to have done it's job when i find myself uncomfortable with the subject of Discord's "corruption" of the main characters (or "mane six," what have you). Mental-influencing magic's never sat well with me (and thus the effects of Twilight's spell on that old doll were a bit irksome to watch as well). I think it's contributed to the reason why I don't like Discord. He's an entertaining villian, I will say that, but his abilities and personality make him the sort of guy I can't help but glare angrily at. I hope he remains taken for granite for at least a season or two. -Fan-fics are a territory I'd rather not get too far in. I have looked into what "Cupcakes" is about without actually reading it, but that's about as far as I go. I fear that too many of them could influence the way I watch the show in inconvient ways. Plus the scenerios people think up for them are ones I'd rather not consider in serious hypotheicals of "What if.." (Which means I want to keep my distance from Fallout: Equestria. I barely want to look into nuclear apoclypse aftermath stoires in general, let alone one based on this show.) The only exception so far is "Better Living Through Science And Ponies," a Portal crossover that seems to have quite the good reputation. So good that a group of fans are working hard to turn it into the basis for a Portal 2-based custom video game. Not an unimpressive feat. Regardless, I've only read the first chapter of it, and I do have a few disagreements with it already ("ponyifying" Chell is one thing, but Atlas and P-Body? Seriously?), but it does look good and finishing it is on one of my mental "to-do" lists.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

ok for awhile i thought that it was just something to like just to be cool (like being a hipster) but then i thought it might actually be a legitimately good show, so i watched it yeah i was right the first time whats going on guys like eugh i couldnt even get through the first ten minutes

How is being a hipster cool? o.0What episode did you watch?

How is being a hipster cool? o.0 What episode did you watch?
I think he meant that as in 'we're trying to be hipsters.'Which is wrong, of course. We just enjoy a good show. Is all. Also, it's gotten to the point where My Little Pony is kind of internet mainstream, if that's a thing. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

they do it for a reason- it sure isn't because hating mainstream stuff is smart. and the very first one of the friendship is magic series.

Try a different episode. Maybe you'll like it.

How is being a hipster cool? o.0 What episode did you watch?
I think he meant that as in 'we're trying to be hipsters.'Which is wrong, of course. We just enjoy a good show. Is all. Also, it's gotten to the point where My Little Pony is kind of internet mainstream, if that's a thing.
Ahh... Btw Epic banner.

Why must people keep saying this? If you didn't even finish an episode YOU DIDN'T GIVE IT A FAIR CHANCE! And also, rule #1 of watching new shows: The first episode or episodes are NEVER as good as the rest of the series.

Well, I decided to take the time out of my life to watch this stuff, to see what the hype is about.There is nothing unique in this show. It is bland, stupid, not well though out, and quite unentertaining. I can see maybe some five year old liking this ,but a grown MAN?The characters are very bland, and I couldn't care less about any of them.After the third episode I watched, I could no longer bare the stupidity of it.The only thing this show is good for, is for being a meme.Inappropriate comment removed. -B6 Try not to hate this too much, as it is only my opinion, as is yours on this show.

Edited by Black Six

67685335.jpg             

Why must people keep saying this? If you didn't even finish an episode YOU DIDN'T GIVE IT A FAIR CHANCE! And also, rule #1 of watching new shows: The first episode or episodes are NEVER as good as the rest of the series.
i gave it a fair chance but it was lame... premise was bland, writing was boring, jokes werent funny, and twilight seemed like every other protagonist of every other disney channel show ever. i just didnt care about her, no matter how cute she was.i think you take this show too seriously, guy. Edited by Makaru

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Obviously the show's not for everyone. Some people may not get it; nothing resonated with them. That's fine. But, just because I have to, I must reiterate that those bad qualities you listed JC, get less and less with each episode. It always takes a bit to work all the kinks out of something. I was cringing every time Twilight spoke through the first episode.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I should have guessed. It probably has Rainbow Dash shipped with Shia LaBeouf.

^Best post ITT. Oh sweet Celestia... I go to work for the day and come back to 6 NEW PAGES!? My blog responsibilities are going to suffer if you guys don't slow down! Okay, so, to summarize what I can remember of reading trhough so much pony... Lavaside Rahi has ponyfics?? Must read! What're they called? Jennifer Hale? GET A BASTILA SHAN PONY IN HERE, STAT! (I've still got a crush on her. =3) Trixie love? I can understand it about as much as I understand vegetarians. Take that as you will. I want a shirt with Tom on it. Now then, if you'll excuse me, I have a job application to finish...

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

On that note, I now wonder what a Michael Bay My Little Pony film would be like. MY LITTLE PONY: EXPLOSIONS ARE MAGIC

There's a fanfic for that.™ BD
That's probably one of the few I actually liked. It was so perfect in its over the top ridiculousness.

Trixie love? I can understand it about as much as I understand vegetarians. Take that as you will.

I never understood why there is so much love for the one off and background ponies. Trixie was kind of annoying in the episode she was in. Sure she's got a cool cape and hat (and color scheme) going for her, but there's not much else to like. Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I've been thinking of writing a songfic lately, albeit not about MLP. :Palso going to ask my cousin if he can mail me a fluttershy toy for christmas... nobody I know close to me would buy me one. If that fails, is there any way I could get my hands on one without using my mom's card?

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

...but the poor little fluttershy might get hurt in the process...

:(

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by Xinlo: Spirit Of Sonics

E8c8QpP.jpg

Oh yes I suppose I should have mentioned the mane problem: my walmart doesn't have any.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The nearest non-walmart store is 3 hours away. Except zellers... might be able to check there some time. =/Also, yes, I checked. Very quickly, making sure nobody was watching...

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Fluttershy and Rarity are the only two that look decent, and I could use my sister's hair curler for fluttershy's hair.

:P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Yeah my sisters have tons of things for dolls and things, but it just isn't my cup of coffee. On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to dress up like a brony ironically for halloween. I'd get an awesome Pinkie Pie shirt and wear it to school and be all smug and play it as a joke. But as a real brony, the joke would be on the world. Har har har.But I won't because it's a stupid idea. :IStill want that shirt though.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Holy mother of...four new pages?!? I can't keep up!

ok for awhile i thought that it was just something to like just to be cool (like being a hipster)

Yes, and what's cooler and less mainstream than showing your support for a show based on a popular toy line that's been around since the 1980s? :lol:

Lavaside Rahi has ponyfics?? Must read! What're they called?

I can't link to them here, but search "JohnPerry" (my user name) on FiMFiction.net and you'll find all my pony stories. :) --- My little sister is now also obsessed with this show, but it took some convincing on my part since she's not really into super-girly, rainbows and princess-type stuff. I tried to break the news that I was a brony as carefully as I could, first explaining about Lauren Faust being behind this new show and how great it was before actually telling her the name of the show. She still responded with "Um...are you feeling alright?" When I told her about bronies, well...that just caused her mind to snap. To steal a quote from my sister (well after her transformation into a brony)...

You see, I live in a world where two and two make four, and real men watch my little pony,I know, I know, it's hard to believe that I live in a world where two and two make four, but I do.

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

this is awesome... 20% cooler.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor