Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I used to be a Brony, but now... Let's just say I didn't like how I only liked it because everyone else did and not because of the show itself. The show is fine really but it's nothing spectacular, and I can't help feeling that most of the love comes from the fact that this show wasn't really intended for the people who seem to watch it the most and not because of the show's quality overall. Just my two cents.

silverbladebanner.jpg

The ponies, they're so tempting. In other news, I just loaded all of season 1's songs onto my phone.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I used to be a Brony, but now... Let's just say I didn't like how I only liked it because everyone else did and not because of the show itself. The show is fine really but it's nothing spectacular, and I can't help feeling that most of the love comes from the fact that this show wasn't really intended for the people who seem to watch it the most and not because of the show's quality overall. Just my two cents.

Huh, that's actually an interesting view point (to me anyway). Really, if the show never got popular to a male audience of my age group, I probably would have rolled my eyes, thought "It's just another girl's show" and moved on without a second thought. But, then I kept seeing My Little Pony references everywhere, and I started to get curious. And yes, I do agree the show does have its faults (such as the first two episodes of the seasons. They're entertaining -Discord so much more than Nightmare Moon in my opinion- but they also seem very rushed. That's not a bad thing considering the target audience, but still, it does get my attention and I do think there is room for improvement. Still, I went in thinking "I'm going to hate this, I'm going to hate this..." and I ended up falling in love with a group of characters (aside from Rainbow Dash ^^') and found the situations they were put in to be interesting and their expressions (especially Twilight in the newest episode) to be very, very entertaining. So, to me, yes, I do agree the show isn't perfect, but it's surprisingly good and uses its setting and characters very well (not to mention the voice acting is spectacular in my opinion). Of course, just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't see where you're coming from. Thanks for your two cents, I actually like the viewpoint you brought up. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

If we're still making lists, mine (of the Mane 6) would be: FluttershyRainbow DashPinkie PieRarityApplejackTwilight Sparkle Wow, and I said Twilight was my second favorite a few pages back. Lol.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I couldn't afford it at the moment, and honestly, wouldn't buy it if I had the money. Just too much for something that I would love to death but it would sit in the corner of my room.

My little sister is now also obsessed with this show, but it took some convincing on my part since she's not really into super-girly, rainbows and princess-type stuff. I tried to break the news that I was a brony as carefully as I could, first explaining about Lauren Faust being behind this new show and how great it was before actually telling her the name of the show. She still responded with "Um...are you feeling alright?" When I told her about bronies, well...that just caused her mind to snap. To steal a quote from my sister (well after her transformation into a brony)...

You see, I live in a world where two and two make four, and real men watch my little pony,I know, I know, it's hard to believe that I live in a world where two and two make four, but I do.

That, in fact, is epic. Very epic.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Over on [redacted], there's a gorgeous Princess Luna sculpture posted. So... awesome! /)^3^(\

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I don't have any of the songs on my iPod, but I have fan music and stuff..

Spoiler'd 'cause this is gonna get big.

• [*]Theme Song[*]Giggle at the Ghostly[*]The Grand Galloping Gala[*]Junior Speedsters Chant[*]Twilight is My Bestest Friend[*]Hop Skip and Jump[*]Evil Enchantress [Pinkie][*]Evil Enchantress [Flutterguy][*]Winter Wrap Up[*]Cupcakes[*]Art of the Dress[*]Art of the Dress (Reprise)[*]Hush Now, Quiet Now[*]CMC Theme Song[*]You Gotta Share[*]So Many Wonders[*]Singing Telegram[*]At The Gala[*]I'm At the Grand Galloping Gala[*]Pony Pokey[*]Credits Music[*]Celestia and Luna[*]Pinkie Pie's Welcoming Party[*]Nightmare Moon's Return[*]Final Encounter With Nightmare moon[*]Princesses' Return[*]Party For Luna[*]Stampede[*]The Great and Powerful Trixie[*]The P-Team[*]Fluttershy's Bravery[*]Pillow Fight[*]Pinkie Pie Ice Skating[*]Winter Wrap Up Reprise[*]Apple Bloom's Training[*]Iron Pony Competition[*]The First Fashion Show[*]The Second Fashion Show[*]Pinkius Piecus[*]Rescue & Hydra Chase[*]A Feeble Performance[*]Best Young Flyers (Rarity's Performance)[*]Sonic Rainboom[*]Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading[*]Photo Finish's Theme[*]Train Raid[*]Preparations for Battle[*]Battle Of Appleloosa[*]Over A Barrel Ending[*]Pony Hill[*]Summer Flight Camp / So Many Wonders (Instrumental)[*]Summer Sun Celebration / Twilight's Entrance Exam[*]This Isn't What I Wished For[*]Pinkie's Disco[*]Hop Skip and Jump [Original][*]My Little Pony (Europener Mix)[*]Evil Enchantress (Euro Spell Mix)[*]Winter Wrap Up (Euro Spring Mix)[*]Giggle at the Ghostly (ParaParasprite Mix)[*]Art of the Dress (Euro Fashion Mix)[*]Fluttershy's Lullaby (Stay Up Late Mix)[*]Cupcakes (SweetBeat Mix)[*]You Gotta Share (Spaghetti Western Mix)[*]Cutie Mark Crusaders (BlankFlank Mix)[*]Luna (Dream Mode)[*]So Many Wonders (EuroSky Mix)[*]At The Gala (Finale Mix)[*]Luna (Nightmare Mode)[*]Luna (Nightmare/Uncorrected Vocals)[*]Art of the Dress (Euro Fashion 155 BPM Mix)[*]You Gotta Share (Spaghetti Western Instrumental Mix)[*]Luna (NIGHTMARE Instrumental)[*]At The Gala (Instrumental)[*]Luna (Nightlife Jazz Instrumental)[*]Ralph's Comeuppance[*]Evil Enchantress (Guitar Mix)[*]Luna (Nightmare Acapella Mix)[*]Singing Telegram (Postal Mix)[*]Bestest Friend (Italo Nostalgia Mix)[*]Call Upon The Seaponies (EuroSHOOBEDOO Mix)[*]Discord (EuroChaos Mix)[*]My Little Pony (Europener Mix) (Vocals)[*]Evil Enchantress (Euro Spell Mix) (Vocals)[*]Giggle at the Ghostie (ParaParasprite Mix) (Vocals)[*]Winter Wrap Up (Euro Spring Mix) (Vocals)[*]Cupcakes (SweetBeat Mix) (Vocals)[*]Art of the Dress (Euro Fashion Mix) (Vocals)[*]Hush Now Lullaby (Stay Up Late Mix) (Vocals)[*]Cutie Mark Crusaders (BlankFlank Mix) (Vocals)[*]You Gotta Share (Spaghetti Western Mix) (Vocals)[*]So Many Wonders (EuroSky Mix) (Vocals)[*]At The Gala (Finale Mix) (Vocals)[*]Singing Telegram (Postal Mix) (Vocals)[*]Bestest Friend (Italo Nostalgia Mix) (Vocals)[*]Princess Luna's Lullaby[*]Lower The Moon[*]For The New Lunar Republic[*]The Stars Will Aid Her Escape[*]Princess Luna's Lullaby [Aftermath][*]Blank Flank[*]Something[*]Derpy's Iron Anvil[*]Oh! Pony![*]Because[*]The Apple Road Medley[*]You Never Give Us Our Cutie[*]Mean 'Ol Gilda - Everfree Mare - She Came across the Schoolhouse Doorstep[*]Golden Slumbers - Carry That Weight - The End[*]Prince Blueblood[*]Mare[*]Dear Derpy[*]While Double Bass Gently Weeps[*]Scootaloo[*]Why Won't You Love Me![*]Pinkie Pie[*]Little Octavia[*]Hey Diamond Dog[*]Hey Spike[*]Can't You See[*]All You Need Is Friends[*]Sgt. Pinkie's Lonely Hooves Club Band[*]Dashie in the Sky with Rainbooms[*]She's Leaving Home[*]Being for the Benefit of The Great Trixie[*]Fashion Designer[*]Rarity[*]Help![*]I Am The Zebra[*]Ponyville[*]Sgt. Pinkie's Lonely Hooves Club Band Reprise[*]Eurobeat Brony befriends Not A Clever Pony - Lower The Moon (Eurobeat Descent)[*]Full Moon (Over Ponyville)[*]Not A Clever Pony befriends Eurobeat Brony - Singing Telegram[*]Sonic Rainboom (Just An Old Mare's Tale)[*]Rainbow Rhapsody[*]Sonic Rainboom in Space![*]At The Gala (Instrumental Orchestra)[*]At The Gala (Orchestral Vocal)[*]U Got 2 Share / vs. Rainbow Crash88[*]Giggle At The Ghostly (Simple Joy Mix)[*]Winter Wrap Up (Late Again)[*]Art of the Dress (Always Stressed)[*]Flutter Wonder[*]Trixie's Good Side[*]Luna, Please Fill My Empty Skies[*]UnderpΩny Befriends PinkiePieSwear - Flutterwonder (UnderpΩny Remix)[*]Not A Clever Pony Vs Pinkie Pie Swear - Giggle (With) The Ghostly[*]AgileDash Befriends PinkiePieSwear (Simpler Joy Mix)[*]Sean NH befriends PinkiePieSwear - Giggle at the Ghosty (Overjoyed Mix)[*]Winter Wrap Up (Rusty Allicorn Mix)[*]WINTER WRAP UP (DJ AMAYA VS. GROOVEBOT EXTENDED REMIX) ((Thank you Valenti for this one))[*]Fluttershy Model Mix[*]Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Song (Alex S. Dubstep Remix)[*]Eurobeat Brony vs Alex S. - Luna (Remix War)[*]Party With Pinkie[*]La Couturière[*]Balladshy[*]Spectrum[*]Crepescularity[*]Makkon vs. Vinyl Scratch - Big Mac 39s Theme Remix[*]Celestia's Theme[*]Nightfall[*]All-Powerful Trixie[*]Dr Dissonance befriends Makkon: Trixie Dances the Dance of her People[*]Dethonator Befriends Chain Algorithm - Little Girl on a Scooter[*]Twilight's Sonata[*]RobotPony befriends Eurobeat Brony - Luna (Insomnia Mode)[*]ArtAttack as KeeponRockin' - Never Stop Bucking[*]Still Shy[*]Fluttershys [20% Cooler Ver.][*]Forever Dreaming[*]Sparkle (Season Rebirth)[*]Past Sins[*]Undeserved Sins[*]The Everfree Forest Attacks[*]Time To be Cruel (feat. Flutterbully)[*]No Strings Attached (Octavia Battle Theme)[*]No Strings Attached Remix[*]Mumble Invades Equestria (vs. Interrobang Pie)[*]Impressions of Celestia Origins[*]For The New Lunar Republic Remix[*]Luna's New Republic[*]For The New Lunar Republic (Remix)[*]A Waltz for Trixie[*]A Waltz for Trixie Remix[*]The Astronomer's Almanac to All Things Astronomy[*]My Little Portal[*]Rainbow Dash Tylenol[*]Avast Fluttershy's *****[*]She's A Pony[*]She's A Pony - ArtAttack Remix[*]Pinkie's Lie[*]Equestria Girls[*]MLP:FiM 16-Bit Season 1 Medley[*]Night of Pony[*]Proud to Be a Brony[*]Brony Appreciation Medley

Total according to WMP: 208 items, 10.5 hours

I'd buy it if I had the money... And it didn't kill it's owners in the middle ofthe night. :P

You should have seen the Rainbow Dash one; $5000 by the time the auction ended. I wouldn't be surprised if this one went up that high too.
19704_s.gif

Eeyup. :P

((Thank you Valenti for this one))

You're welcome, ya hear? :3 Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

If lists are still 'in' here ( :P), my list would go something like this: (Mane 6): 1. Fluttershy (Goshdarn her epic cuteness)2= Pinkie Pie2= Rainbow Dash4. Rarity5= Applejack5= Twilight Sparkle (I've got nothing against Twilight as much as I did during season 1. She and Rarity have increased in ratings since season 2 began, whilst the others have stayed roughly the same. :P)

Am I the only one who keeps forgetting Rainbow Dash is a girl?

I would except for the fact that she makes this face: /)^3^(\ Assuming that where you got that, Valenti. Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

That was A LOT of Pony songs.

There are a ton I'm still missing, too; Chain Algorithm has To Prove and Little Girl On A Scooter, which I still need to get, along with some BGM and FO: E music that never had DL links. Also 100-130 were Beatles songs, 22-54 is BGM, 56-94 are all Eurobeat, 173-175 are Past Sins fan music, and 65, 68, 69, 72, 74, 77, 154, 167, and 182 are ALL Luna and Luna remixes. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Am I the only one who keeps forgetting Rainbow Dash is a girl?

I would except for the fact that she makes this face: /)^3^(\ Assuming that where you got that, Valenti.
totally. :P

f9Qcky7.png

Huh, that's actually an interesting view point (to me anyway). Really, if the show never got popular to a male audience of my age group, I probably would have rolled my eyes, thought "It's just another girl's show" and moved on without a second thought. But, then I kept seeing My Little Pony references everywhere, and I started to get curious. And yes, I do agree the show does have its faults (such as the first two episodes of the seasons. They're entertaining -Discord so much more than Nightmare Moon in my opinion- but they also seem very rushed. That's not a bad thing considering the target audience, but still, it does get my attention and I do think there is room for improvement. Still, I went in thinking "I'm going to hate this, I'm going to hate this..." and I ended up falling in love with a group of characters (aside from Rainbow Dash ^^') and found the situations they were put in to be interesting and their expressions (especially Twilight in the newest episode) to be very, very entertaining. So, to me, yes, I do agree the show isn't perfect, but it's surprisingly good and uses its setting and characters very well (not to mention the voice acting is spectacular in my opinion). Of course, just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't see where you're coming from. Thanks for your two cents, I actually like the viewpoint you brought up. ^^
Agreed about the voice acting. It is pretty good which might very well be reason alone to watch the show. And what you say is also true. The characters and settings work well together and the show uses it's 22 minutes to great effect. Better then a lot of TV shows which is commendable. And plus, it's a TV show. Some episodes are better than others. I for one, loved the first episode of season 2! The other two I thought were a bit weak. (Why on Equestria is Twilight getting worked up over her letters now? And even if it really was that important to her, it started to get over the top of what's realistic.) And let's be honest, a whole episode about Twilight going crazy would never appeal to me anyways. :shrugs: The show is fun, entertaining, and enjoyable. And for some reason it revives a massive amount of attention.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Hey, if I posted it here, would anybody read a MLP fanfic about a communist revolution in Equestria?

wut. Would that be breaking the no politics rule, or not? -Skar
Hmm, I'm not sure. Especially given the setting. Plus, it's not meant to actually change anyone's minds. Just a satire.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It might. I'd steer clear of it. :/ @anky: The reason that a lot of people loved that episode was its over-the-topness. This show is about talking ponies, dragons, and magic; not realism in the slightest. =P