The Official Minecraft Topic

DB did warn us that what he was doing might cause some difficulties. Wait it out for a few minutes.Meanwhile, I've fixed the link for the Koro coordinates. Just use this link, the other one's still bad.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Right, sorry.Ta-Koro: X: 244.5, Z: 1191.5 (4th from left, very top)Ko-Koro: X: 525.5, Z: 712.5 (6th from left, next to Ta-Koro)Ga-Koro: X: 236.5, Z: 690.5 (3rd from left, next to Ta-Koro)Le-Koro: X: 114.5, Z: -1383.5 (2nd from left, near the bottom)Onu-Koro: X: 508.5, Z: -1493.5 (5th from left, very bottom)Po-Koro: x: 868.5, Z: -1144.5 (last from left, near Onu-Koro)BZmetru is the one on the far left.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Right, onu le and po koro seem near ish, shall we make a second station between them to link to the hub at ta, ga and ko koro?Edit= not sure how things will link to Spoons uber hub at 0,0 though. Gonna have to think that through.Also we need to decide on the hubs look. What have we got so far? because I was thinking redstone lanterns, stone bricks and a third coloured block would be a good look for the station.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I've got a hub planned between Onu, Po, and Le Koro. These hubs will then link to the 0,0 hub, something like this.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

DB did warn us that what he was doing might cause some difficulties. Wait it out for a few minutes.Meanwhile, I've fixed the link for the Koro coordinates. Just use this link, the other one's still bad.

First thought; Oh hey, some of the Koros are pretty close.Second thought: I wonder how big the increments are on thisi graph...Third thought: ... Yeah, have fun with this one, guys. XD~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

You walked the distance from one Koro to one of the Hubs. It's a pretty long distance.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh yes, I'm going to be pulling out all of the stops on that one. Apart from the train stations, there's going to be a lot built onto that hub, including a harbor or three, to accomodate boat traffic.In fact, boats will probably be able to pass under (and therefore through) the station.In other news, I'm pretty sure DB broke the server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You walked the distance from one Koro to one of the Hubs. It's a pretty long distance.

I know. But that was just from Po-Koro to its hub. That took long enough and it was only a few hundred blocks. Some of these'll be truly ridiculous.But I was thinking... Why not use differently colored wool under the track for each line? That would help distinguish which line went where more than just signs.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Hmmm... Well, we've already done the Ga-Koro track on just stone bricks, but yeah, I'll see about doing something like that. Probably put it on the underside of the structure itself.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yes, the server is presently down. That will likely change as soon as Nav sees that it's down.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, seeing as I just recieved a copy of Minecraft, courtesy of Jedi Master J, I figured I'd stop by here. :PSo my understanding is that ya'll are building a recreation of Mata Nui? Is there any sort of over-all schematic/plan so that I could hope in on the fun once the server comes back online?

jlovfkk.jpg

We are by no means setting out to carbon-copy the island of Mata-Nui. Our work is influenced by it, certainly, but there are a lot of things that are different - an excellent example being the Sky Dirt. Sky Dirt wasn't a thing in Bionicle, nor was any Sky Dirt present in Bionicle in the process of being turned into an alien mothership.In other news, as soon as the server is back up, I'm planning on finishing the boat-lift completely. All it's missing is some of the trap-doors and it will be ready for testing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Servers back, sorry for that little slice of down time! everythings fine though!With the rail-way.Praise Tohu, you guys are the best minecrafters I've seen.and Just so you know, if you guys need reasources for the minecarts n such, rails n what ever, just stop by my cave and leave a sign.also, no its not a copy of the Bionicle Universe. more the part the BZPower members are choosing to be working on are influenced by Bionicle.For instance. Bushybrazzz - the seccond in command of the server, plans to re-create the deathstar in some magnitude when his computer gets fixed.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Great to hear that it's back.Incidentally, I would be rather pleased if the return of the Bottles O' Enchanting sign to the Resource Center could be effected soon. Enchanted tools tend to make the sort of work we do a bit easier.Aaaaaand it's back down. It's entirely possible that the admin who tried to help with the railway perma-borked the server instead.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmmm... Well, we've already done the Ga-Koro track on just stone bricks, but yeah, I'll see about doing something like that. Probably put it on the underside of the structure itself.

I say we decorate the Ga-Koro railway with blue wool, I can modify the sides I'm adding to the track include a blue wool block every two blocks along or something like that.PS= really what did happen to the server, it's barely usable now. Edited by The Invisible Noob

I think the servers crashing from your redstone track. you may want to limit it.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

i noticed earlier that come guy came in and the server instantly began lagging. his name was megafruit or something. idk if he has a bad connection of something, but i'm just saying that when he came in, the server crashed.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i noticed earlier that come guy came in and the server instantly began lagging. his name was megafruit or something. idk if he has a bad connection of something, but i'm just saying that when he came in, the server crashed.

That's me and no I'm not the cause of the server lag.While the redstone track is suspect I really think that whatever Demobaby did that he said might cause lag is to blame, can you ask him what he did Nav?.Edit= right I think the source of the lag has been found, some cool dude made a massive ball of mushrooms or flowers by the track and it's causing a massive amount of lag.!ATTENTION PEOPLEThe server is currently being fixed. If you can go on it, PLEASE DON'T until nav tells you it's safe to go on again.Got that?BTW the map may get reset if this fails so ... yeah. Edited by The Invisible Noob

I'd just like to point out that a couple of people (I can't remember who) made a simply massive lava wall/dome/thing. My render distance is on normal, I believe, and I couldn't load the whole thing. What's bad about it was it was all flowing lava. I know from experience that this is a pretty bad idea and can be a huge load on a server. I told them as much and they didn't even respond.So I wouldn't be so quick to say it's just our little bit of redstone. ;)Oh, and about the world reset... I never got this far into managing the server so I don't really know how it works. But couldn't you just copy the world file/use an old version to restore it?~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I'd just like to point out that a couple of people (I can't remember who) made a simply massive lava wall/dome/thing. My render distance is on normal, I believe, and I couldn't load the whole thing. What's bad about it was it was all flowing lava. I know from experience that this is a pretty bad idea and can be a huge load on a server. I told them as much and they didn't even respond.So I wouldn't be so quick to say it's just our little bit of redstone. ;)Oh, and about the world reset... I never got this far into managing the server so I don't really know how it works. But couldn't you just copy the world file/use an old version to restore it?~|ET|~

I asked nav and he said no we cannot use an old version, but you'd have to ask him for the specifics and quite frankly he's busy.Read the post before you bring out that condescending emoticon ET, I said the redstone was a suspect not that it was the culprit. but then I confirmed that it's the massive ball of mushroom that's the problem. Apparently mushrooms are hard to render.The problem is getting rid of that mushroom ball, which is hard when it's impossible to log on.

Map rest?So, all that mining and building for nothing?

We get a diamond ... so yes everything we built would be for nothing. If it's any consolidation we would probably have to reset when the game updates anyway.Edit= sorry ET Edited by The Invisible Noob

I'm kind of wondering if the mushroom ball was what Demonbaby was doing. If so, that's fairly irresponsible, and, honestly, completely pointless.As for the huge lava dome, one of those has been in the ocean near the hub for a while now, and has caused no problems. It's definitely the stupid mushroom ball.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Woah, woah, woah. Condescending? You found a wink condescending? You're looking at it the entirely the wrong way. It was an innocent wink. Relax.I made my comment in response to nav's post about redstone. I didn't know a single thing about the mushroom issue. But that makes sense too. I just wanted to point out lava can be hard to render as a well - that's why the game lags when a few of us enter the Nether at the same time. But if they've been around for a while, I guess I was wrong.But anyways, Demonbaby also made some giant balls over me for no reason that lagged my game (he quickly removed them so it didn't become an issue). So I'm not surprised if he did this.The question about world saving was just a general one. Nav doesn't have to answer. I was just wondering if anyone knew.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I've started playing around with MCEdit, SPC and TMI. The results of this are as follows:1. Plans for more creative End Portals/likely a series of draft designs for the Dragon Temple2. Giants are stupid.3. Chests full of chainmail armor are a thing that will happen.4. MCEdit holds the answer to our Ender Crystal problem. As this is a multiplayer server we're dealing with, I'd have to get an admin (probably you, Nav) to use MCEdit to place the Crystals where they need to be in the Temple once it's built.5. Ender Dragons are so much fun.6. Endermen don't mind fishing rods at all in Creative. Wolves mind fishing rods always.EDIT: Alright, the End in the aptly-named Creative world (which may, if I ever start a server, be used for that server) now has about thirty Dragons. It turns out that too many cooks do indeed spoil the broth, as these poor silly sods simply can't attack me without bumping into each other. Through this, I discovered the one mob that Ender Dragons cannot damage - Ender Dragons.Nothing definite on whether I'm going to put one in the Nether or not, but probably yes. It won't have any Crystals to heal it, though.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, apparently the map got destroyed and we have to work on a new one. So, I've been tasked with assembling a build team. Post if you want to be given op powers to help rebuild the essential parts of the server.Nav says you'll likely be modded after this. And also, we need a new spot for BZ-Metru. UPDATE: I found a couple of islands good enough for BZ-Metru

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

So, apparently the map got destroyed and we have to work on a new one. So, I've been tasked with assembling a build team. Post if you want to be given op powers to help rebuild the essential parts of the server.Nav says you'll likely be modded after this. And also, we need a new spot for BZ-Metru. UPDATE: I found a couple of islands good enough for BZ-Metru

sign me up :)its mtmerrick btw. look at my kanohi, i've been here along time :P Edited by thoron

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

sign me up :)its mtmerrick btw. look at my kanohi, i've been here along time :P
Opped.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I would like to join this build-team as well. I think I can do a fairly good job of getting this thing going in an awesome way.I still want to shoehorn in an Oceanic Highway, though.Also, I think, when we build BZMetru itself, it should be more of an urban sort of thing than it was last time. Very neatly organized, I'm thinking, with a city center containing the resource center (which should have very clearly marked chests for specific things), a library, a workshop (with all of your crafting/enchanting/brewing needs), and, just for show, administrative buildings, while the outer portions of the city would get more rural and relaxed. A train station somewhere in the city would obviously be a must, as would, I think, a set of public-access portals (both Nether and End - with TMI, I can, if allowed by Nav, place End Portal Frame blocks, and I've got a plan for a rather stylish portal chamber). The necessity of an organized mine near there goes without saying.Really, we were a bit disorganized when it came to actually building the villages. Each one, I'm thinking, should have a resource center of sorts, and the Turaga's Hut/Administrative building should definitely be distinct, and maybe feature a wall upon which signs bearing messages to the mods (they aren't online 24/7, so written communication would, I think, be helpful) can be placed.Also, what do you think of coliseums built near each Koro, with each coliseum embodying, in some way, the essential spirit of that area? Some of them could be for player/mob combat, while others could function primarily as Spleef arenas. I know I, for one, would love the challenge presented by designing those and making them fully functional.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No idea if there's any way to enable PvP in a specific area, though if there is, I would love to see that done. I'm working on figuring out a way to make an arena flood-able to permit boat-based combat. What I'll likely end up with is a piston-based sand-dome floor that can be pulled out with the flick of a switch, dropping the floor through a large body of water beneath the floor, enabling aquatic combat. This will likely be applied in either the Grand Arena, the Ga-Koro Arena, or both.I'm thinking that, given the prominence of mining in an underground society, Onu-Koro's arena, if built, would probably be a Spleef arena. Given the prickishness of lava in Spleefing, Ta-Koro's arena would more likely be a combat arena, though I can't guarantee that clock circuits wouldn't occasionally dump lava into the arena, or that Dispensers loaded with Fire Charges wouldn't be present.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

my house is looking awesome. it's in bzmetru, unfinished until maybe tomorrow or later. i hope no one was planing on using the plateau i built it on for anything...also i put up a protection sign. my intent was to use one sign to protect both my furnace and my chest, but i don't know if it worked since only an op was on when i did it. if someone would be so kind as to go into my half-built house and check for me it would be much appreciated. :)

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.