The Official Minecraft Topic

For the time being, the only advice I can give is to avoid attempting to log onto the server until the all-clear is given.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

We aren't precisely certain what happened this time.What happened last time this person had moderator (OP) powers was this -The Invisible Noob and myself were working on a railway project to connect Ga-Koro and one of the other Koros - the eventual plan was to connect all of them, but, well, one thing at a time.We had selected a mountain to be hollowed out to serve as a railway hub, and Demonbaby offered to help in hollowing out the mountain. We accepted his offer, and he told us that there may be some lag following what he was about to do.The server disconnected everyone about a minute later, and when I logged back on, I found that at least two giant spheres composed of small red mushrooms floating in the air had been created - these, due to the difficulty of rendering the mushrooms, are what crashed the server. Nobody could get onto the server to clear the mushrooms away, and as no backup of the server's map prior to the incident existed, the map was rendered unusable, and all of our work up to that point was lost.
my friend did world height spheres full of soul sand on my friend's server and it didn't crash. we had bukkit and world edit.but he sounds like a person that abuses his power. :

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

Soul sand and the small mushrooms are very different things. Soul sand is a pretty normal block - the only thing special about it is its low height. The small mushrooms have a funky shape that makes things a bit difficult.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

O__Oi'll cry if i loose my castle. seriously.
I'll cry if I lose all that work I did on Lost Mesa... not to mention all that armor I enchanted... :-( Hope the problem can be fixed soon! On a related note, who do I contact about BZPcraft? And has that been affected by the server outage?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

BZPCraft is not on the same server. The best person to contact would be the one called Matoro Ignika on Minecraft, I don't know what his BZP name is.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

do we know if it was the same person who crashed it before? i don't remember what happened after that incident.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I'll cry if I lose all that work I did on Lost Mesa... not to mention all that armor I enchanted... :-( Hope the problem can be fixed soon!On a related note, who do I contact about BZPcraft? And has that been affected by the server outage?
Contact this guy, and watch this blog to find out when signups begin.~Unit#phntk#1

I really don't know, as I wasn't on when it happened, but from what I heard - and I've received no confirmation - Demonbaby received OP powers again and then the server took another nosedive.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

do we know if it was the same person who crashed it before? i don't remember what happened after that incident.
I was the one on when the server borked this time and the only detail I had was that josh and demonbaby were on the server working with me on a meteorite crater on the hungergames island, the project was nearly finished as far as I could tell.I didn't actually see what they were doing at the exact time of the crash though.

I really don't know, as I wasn't on when it happened, but from what I heard - and I've received no confirmation - Demonbaby received OP powers again and then the server took another nosedive.
Yes it was Demon Baby.I'm going to ###### slap him at school tomorrow.This was the fifth ###### time we have to restart.the least I can say is im ###### ANGRY AS ######That stupid ###### can't ###### keep his place. I wanted him banned. But Kyle wanted him OP again so I put him on probation and now look whats happend.I'll be giving Creative to a build team like last time. just PM me your minecraft names.-and people who have Creative for the Hunger Games map - PM me aswell. I have to keep track of all of you.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

I don't want BZmetru or any other towns built till I re-establish the Nexus, Spawn and other necessary structures from last time

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

just ban demonbaby no questions asked. it's bs that he's gotten away with this.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Spawn is currently being set up, shouldn't be long until its finished. Might as well come online and take a look.Edit: We also found a village, if you want a quick house to store your stuff.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

mm..Demonbaby and Josh where not to blame...the server kinda collapsed on itself. but that is probibly a product of they're activities as it only crashed after they had left it.Once spawn is rebuilt. and I have set the 1000 block spawn protection radius.BZmetru can be build - outside that radius.

Chests aren't affected by protection, right? Because I'll have to move all my items out of the village. Awesomesaurus has some stuff in a chest as well.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

But, seriously, Demonbaby is a moderator again?I guess the old adage rings true - once bitten, slather thyself in pot roast and try again.
^This
By the time most people read this BZMetru will probably already be picked but, gonna ask anyway.Which biome should we use for our new center of operations?
Either swamp or Extreme Hills. Coolest biomes.

banner.jpg

I... I lost all of my projects?*goes off to cry himself to sleep*But seriously, the time and effort I spent on some of those things... gaaaah.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well. I'm pretty much done then with personal projects then. Probably won't even make my overused house. If I get on again it'll probably only ever be for pure exploring or being in the way observing others as they're building.Never was that creative anyways and have always said I preferred the adventure aspects more.Keep us posted, though. Bzmetru will still be the starting point for my adventures as always. Oh and my vote is definitely for it to be in extreme hills.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

My vote is for BZMetru to be in a biome that's easy to build a city in. Extreme Hills is a bloody pain to work with for a city.I'm uncertain of what I want to do, though. I'm not going to just rebuild everything I lost, because the fun of it was in the initial creation of the things, not in having the structures themselves. If I am allowed to do so, I would like to at least put some work in on rebuilding the Koros once it is time to do so, but as for personal projects... I don't know.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Wow...holy kikanalo.I'll gladly help out with anything needed, but...wow. Can't believe that happened. confusedw.gifBZMetru should be in plains; yes, plains are relatively uninteresting, but they're also best for custom builds like cities. Definitely do NOT want it in a snow biome; as much as I love me some snow, I don't like it all over buildings and the like.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

It came back on for a few minutes, then died again...something is unstable right now, for sure.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

It came back on for a few minutes, then died again...something is unstable right now, for sure.
The server as it was came back, or the rebooted server?Also, did we not have any world backups?

My original idea was a city with skyscrapers, well tall minecraft buildings but anyway, Multilevel might be okay.Hoeverwith our progress in the recent village and my memories of my fist days on the server I have a new idea, we make BZMetru an unthemed area where anything goes, like how it was before the first reset. This I hope will draw players together for a limited time as they are given the creative freedom to build whatever houses they want next to everyone else s. This will allow people to compare their projects and, show off their building styles and strengths in minecraft all in one metru.

That would also make BZMetru an aesthetic mess. Much better for things to be built where they fit.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've been digging through the relevant wikis for the Technic Pack, and discovered two things.1. The purpose of those funkadelic obsidian obelisks. They emit thaumic energy, part of the ThaumCraft moderator. Must look into harnessing that power - and dismantling the obelisks and placing them in a more convenient location.2. The Red Matter Hammer. Factored in with my other plans, it basically means I'm going to be Sauron... with Mjolnir.EDIT: Red Matter Hammer seems to be, primarily, an excavation tool. Looks like i'll have to settle for the Diamond Warhammer.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Wait a sec.... what happened to the server?
Greifcrashed. We lost everything, we're rebuilding now.

*shakes fist at the sky*But on second thought, there will be more room for building.Its hard to find a bright side to this.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Heres a bright side! I salvaged the map! =3We'll be able to play both once I get the Multiverse moderator working!

Heres a bright side! I salvaged the map! =3We'll be able to play both once I get the Multiverse moderator working!
Nav I swear at times you are....I don't even know man that's just real cool that you did that we will all be very happy, we should make the map we have now the survival world and the other our building world and keep it that way.
I'm just ToaD

mmm....eeesh..Uh.. hmmmm let me figure this out.yeah Multiverse will take some time to config. And may make things abit laggy. and hard to work with.but we will get the old map back.I want to Poll this... but I think PM's will do!okay - PM Me a message with subject "I want multiverse" if you want the old map back.and "I don't want Multiverse" if you don't want it back and are content to start again. Or "I want the old map back" if you just want to scrap what we just started.if the seccond option is chosen after 48 hours. All the people who have asked for Creative to help rebuild will be granted for a week.