The Official Minecraft Topic

Either way, I have an idea for a little project of mine, if it's all right with you, Nav, but it'll have to wait until Saturday. Why, you ask? Because that's when Pokemon B2/W2 come out. Muahaha...............Anyway, I want to build Black City/White Forest. I know it's not explicitly BIONICLE-related, but then again, neither is the server.

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

mmm....eeesh..Uh.. hmmmm let me figure this out.yeah Multiverse will take some time to config. And may make things abit laggy. and hard to work with.but we will get the old map back.I want to Poll this... but I think PM's will do!okay - PM Me a message with subject "I want multiverse" if you want the old map back.and "I don't want Multiverse" if you don't want it back and are content to start again.Or "I want the old map back" if you just want to scrap what we just started.if the seccond option is chosen after 48 hours. All the people who have asked for Creative to help rebuild will be granted for a week.
It says you can't be sent any PMs.
Either way, I have an idea for a little project of mine, if it's all right with you, Nav, but it'll have to wait until Saturday. Why, you ask? Because that's when Pokemon B2/W2 come out. Muahaha...............Anyway, I want to build Black City/White Forest. I know it's not explicitly BIONICLE-related, but then again, neither is the server.
This is the CoT forum, Bionicle...technically isn't the center of focus on this part of the website. And there can never be enough Pokémon builds in the world. Or any world, for that matter :3

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

This is the CoT forum, Bionicle...technically isn't the center of focus on this part of the website. And there can never be enough Pokémon builds in the world. Or any world, for that matter :3
Cool. Should I use wool or obsidian and lapis blocks for black city?

banner.jpg

Cool. Should I use wool or obsidian and lapis blocks for black city?
Know what? You should use both, it'll give the city a bit more variance while keeping it similar to it's roots.

I'm going to go with Multiverse, it'll be worth it, I think.I definitely do NOT think abandoning the old world would be a good idea, though, so my second option is to go back to what we had. ;-)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

what even is multiverse?

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Multiverse is where you can have multiple worlds. Like say you've got one that's optimized for building, but you want to have another that's mainly good for getting down to terrifyingly delirious bizznasty in which crazy hermits feast on the flesh of the undead and scream obscenities to the sky.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

(i'm mtmerrick btw)i vote we MERGE the two maps. this means world editing the old locations to the new map. some things, like the hub, can be single building moved over, other warps can be wholesale dumped over.this will give us a lot cleaner map, a fresh start on mining, and have us all set for wold exploration once 1.3 comes out, with the added benefit of having all our creations in the same world.---------------also got a great pic of Carthagehttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/mtmerrick/minecraft/2012-06-21_03.02.23.png

Edited by thoron

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

Alright, I might as well admit it. I am scared of Minecraft! Even on the Peaceful difficulty it terrifies me! I'm afraid of spiders' dens in abandoned mineshafts, I'm afraid of enemy mobs, I'm afraid of slimes, I'm afraid of being trapped under blocks and suffocating, I'm afraid of the Void, I'm afraid of lava and catching fire, I'm afraid of pistons (to an extent), I'm afraid of giant mushrooms... of course it's not so bad when I watch videos of it! Just....

~ CHTrilogy

(i'm mtmerrick btw)i vote we MERGE the two maps. this means world editing the old locations to the new map. some things, like the hub, can be single building moved over, other warps can be wholesale dumped over.this will give us a lot cleaner map, a fresh start on mining, and have us all set for wold exploration once 1.3 comes out, with the added benefit of having all our creations in the same world.---------------also got a great pic of Carthagehttp://www.majhost.c...21_03.02.23.png
People would want lots of of their stuff moved over if we did that might take a while, heck I would even want my castle but then again it's our hard work so it would be kinda worth it, not saying I like the idea but it's interesting.
I'm just ToaD

Ok new thing, I'm sure cheife will mention it to nav soon and I know he's not on bzp, but as far as I know this is the second time chiefe's house has been tnt'd, and it happened on this very day.We need to do something about this, moderator greifing this blatant cant be allowed to stand.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Do we have absolute proof that the griefing was done by a moderator? Considering his architectural history, it's quite possible that someone is taking old stylistic grievances a bit too far, and TNT is hardly a difficult thing to gather the materials for.In other news, I lost all of my tools in my Technic world in an accident in a swamp dungeon - got killed by goblins, made the foolish decision to go to bed IRL before recovering my stuff, so I forgot where it was. Already remade everything and improved my armor. I think I'm going to make a stock of throwing dynamite, based on how useful it proved against mob spawners in that dungeon. I'm also planning on leaving my money at home next time I go into a dungeon, so I don't lose 35 freaking silver deniers.ALSO: If you have any possibility of fighting werewolves, invest in a Diamond Warhammer. Wikis go on and on about how gold swords are the best thing for them, but I dropped a werewolf with one solid smash from that hammer.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i vote we MERGE the two maps. this means world editing the old locations to the new map. some things, like the hub, can be single building moved over, other warps can be wholesale dumped over.
Would that even be possible? It doesn't sound like something that could be done without a TON of recoding.
Alright, I might as well admit it. I am scared of Minecraft! Even on the Peaceful difficulty it terrifies me! I'm afraid of spiders' dens in abandoned mineshafts, I'm afraid of enemy mobs, I'm afraid of slimes, I'm afraid of being trapped under blocks and suffocating, I'm afraid of the Void, I'm afraid of lava and catching fire, I'm afraid of pistons (to an extent), I'm afraid of giant mushrooms... of course it's not so bad when I watch videos of it! Just....
And yet, you forgot to mention the scariest thing of all...scaled.php?server=580&filename=scoming1440x900.png&res=landing-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

i vote we MERGE the two maps. this means world editing the old locations to the new map. some things, like the hub, can be single building moved over, other warps can be wholesale dumped over.
Would that even be possible? It doesn't sound like something that could be done without a TON of recoding.
No recoding involved at all. Just use the original server setup and use MCedit to export stuff from one map and import it into the other.Tbh, though, that would be extremely impractical. It'd be far easier to just take the continent from the new map and dump it in the old one. Moving all the creations over from the old map on a case by case basis would take forever, and you'd have to sort all the terrain mismatches.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

For the second time, I have lost every tool I had in a swamp dungeon. I think I'm going to start either avoiding those or using TNT to assist in the looting. The vines foul up the throwable dynamite, unfortunately.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

(i'm mtmerrick btw)i vote we MERGE the two maps. this means world editing the old locations to the new map. some things, like the hub, can be single building moved over, other warps can be wholesale dumped over.this will give us a lot cleaner map, a fresh start on mining, and have us all set for wold exploration once 1.3 comes out, with the added benefit of having all our creations in the same world.---------------also got a great pic of Carthagehttp://www.majhost.c...21_03.02.23.png
Not recent pic... no hotel or Fire Emblem's house.

banner.jpg

Alright, who's idea was it to not only not ban Demonbaby, but also let him keep moderator powers? After he's abused them FIVE TIMES?In less absurd news, I've been thinking of an idea to start a part-time adventure server. It would be story and player driven, with arranged times that everyone gets on. It'd then be filmed and put somewhere on the internet, and would be a nice little series. There'd be three requirements for joining the server;~Redpower~Mumble~HamachiMumble is optional, but if at all possible please do use it, it'll really add to the atmosphere. I'm currently working to be able to host a server without Hamachi, due to some people having very deep moral issues with it, but it may come down to needing it. Redpower is nonnegotiable, and really isn't that hard to install anyways. If someone so wishes it, I could comply it and all the required mods into one file so they just have to drag and drop without any troubles of downloading all of it, despite it being only three files.It'd definitely be a nice thing to manage. Anyone's who is interested, by all means, please post and/or PM me.

Edited by Programmer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Not recent pic... no hotel or Fire Emblem's house.
my old house is there (top right w/ something on top of the roof) but it's not my new houseand what hotel?also, why does demonbaby still have moderator powers

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

Alright, who's idea was it to not only not ban Demonbaby, but also let him keep moderator powers? After he's abused them FIVE TIMES?
also, why does demonbaby still have moderator powers
Thirded. He seemed harmless on the server, but he should NOT have moderator powers.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

when he said to unit "nav didn't give you creative" because he was flying to help techno, i thought demonbaby was going to do something drastic.then again, i might've over exaggerated that feeling.edit: nope, didn't exaggerate. techno held an arena contest and i got diamond blocks for participating. so i come on 3 hours later, and my chests don't have the protection signs over them anymore and anything important i had was gone. only mods can do this, and demon baby was on after i left.i'm missing 32 diamond blocks, an Excalibur sword, 27 diamonds, a diamond pick, and both sets of armor. if these could be replaced that'd be great.

Edited by karpinskijd

Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

i know for a fact that there's a rogue moderator, because when i went on today, my protected chests were all removed from my house and my items were missing, something only a moderator can do. and to add to it, it had apparently been taken over and turned into a "city council" or something.also, i'd assume the same person put freaking dragon eggs everywhere, including in the exact spot one of my chests was. i've seen at least 2 others also.if i go on again later and my house has been turned into some sad excuse for a council again i'm gonna be pretty angry.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i know for a fact that there's a rogue moderator, because when i went on today, my protected chests were all removed from my house and my items were missing, something only a moderator can do. and to add to it, it had apparently been taken over and turned into a "city council" or something.also, i'd assume the same person put freaking dragon eggs everywhere, including in the exact spot one of my chests was. i've seen at least 2 others also.if i go on again later and my house has been turned into some sad excuse for a council again i'm gonna be pretty angry.
that was bushy. he apparently wasn't on when i wasn't. so that means there's two rogue mods.the fact that there are people with power who do these things is disheartening and cruel. nav, you really need to re-evaluate your staff.and bushy kicked you out again. Edited by karpinskijd

No recoding involved at all. Just use the original server setup and use MCedit to export stuff from one map and import it into the other.Tbh, though, that would be extremely impractical. It'd be far easier to just take the continent from the new map and dump it in the old one. Moving all the creations over from the old map on a case by case basis would take forever, and you'd have to sort all the terrain mismatches.
i'll do it myself, if nav lets me..... and as far as terrains go, i'm pretty good with those.

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

when he said to unit "nav didn't give you creative" because he was flying to help techno, i thought demonbaby was going to do something drastic.then again, i might've over exaggerated that feeling.edit: nope, didn't exaggerate.techno held an arena contest and i got diamond blocks for participating. so i come on 3 hours later, and my chests don't have the protection signs over them anymore and anything important i had was gone. only mods can do this, and demon baby was on after i left.i'm missing 32 diamond blocks, an Excalibur sword, 27 diamonds, a diamond pick, and both sets of armor. if these could be replaced that'd be great.
Oh that's definitely demonbaby, he's trying to reduce illegitimate diamonds recently.So he probably saw your diamond stock and decided to destroy it. Edited by The Invisible Noob

that was bushy. he apparently wasn't on when i wasn't. so that means there's two rogue mods.the fact that there are people with power who do these things is disheartening and cruel. nav, you really need to re-evaluate your staff.and bushy kicked you out again.
i lost my house again?
This topic so far

Vs.

I lost about a stack and a half of iron, about 14 gold and a couple of diamonds (and oddly, one stack of redstone). Theres also two things missing from my block chest, but I've no idea what they were.This is disappointing. I've never seen such mass griefing on the server before...Edit: Its Bushy! I see him building in BBCCD's home!Edit2: Hes also this "mayor" thats been griefing other parts of the village, as well. Unconfirmed, but it seems Demon is on his side.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

And yet, you forgot to mention the scariest thing of all...scaled.php?server=580&filename=scoming1440x900.png&res=landing-MT
Oh yes, him too! I don't dare to use that Herobrine moderator and things.

~ CHTrilogy

I lost about a stack and a half of iron, about 14 gold and a couple of diamonds (and oddly, one stack of redstone). Theres also two things missing from my block chest, but I've no idea what they were.This is disappointing. I've never seen such mass griefing on the server before...Edit: Its Bushy! I see him building in BBCCD's home!Edit2: Hes also this "mayor" thats been griefing other parts of the village, as well. Unconfirmed, but it seems Demon is on his side.
Yeah pretty much, demon seems to be targeting anything he thinks is illegit and bushy basically thinks the whole place is his now.And they both like spawning hoardes or mobs in the village too.

This folks is exactly why I'm abandoning the server. Why the **** should I build something if some derp with power is going destroy it?

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Hamachi is a port forwarding service; I cannot tamper with my router's ports at this time, so I have to use it. I am endeavoring to have a server without it, because you're not the only one who thinks I'm gong use Hamachi to hack into your computer.

voidstars.png