The Official Minecraft Topic

Yeah. It's much more fun to play Technic and build a castle entirely out of nuclear bombs.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I built this.Nine energy collectors producing 4320 EMC per second, pumping red matter into a center chest for easy collection, eventually to be funneled to my base so I can just get up from bed, grab the red matter, and dump it into my transmutation table to charge my Klein Spheres. Currently working on getting gem armor.
Any chance of a tutorial diagram so dummies like me can build their own? I've been working on a 17/5 flower and it's taking AGES to build.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

It's pretty simple really.1. Build a 12/1 flower. Take one condenser. Put four relays on its four sides. Put eight collectors around the relays. Put four on top. Put jacks on all of them. 2. Repeat eight times around the middle like in the picture. 3. For the final center one, raise it one off the ground.4. For the piping, you have to use a lot of iron pipes; use iron pipes anywhere the pipe touches a block that does something (relay, collector). Use wooden pipes and redstone engines to draw the red matter out. Funnel it to the center, go down into a chest. Volia.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ohh...so I've been working on this aready without even realizing it! :-PI've recently had some unexpected success in Thaumcraft research by putting stacks of bookcases in the Quaesitum overnight while I was sleeping (you know, to boost EMC production rates). Now I'm thinking I need to build my Crucible room NOW rather than after I get my full EMC collection arrays set up. Is there a particular material that would help me keep the Taint confined until I can build a Dark Infuser?

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Well, you aren't likely to overfill an area with taint in the time it takes to do that. Just make a Dark Infuser as soon as possible, and don't make your Thaumcraft base in an area that's already at risk for infection.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Once you have the Purifier and advanced valve researched, you can pretty much make your regular Thaumic activities completely taint free regardless, if you set it up in a loop with a pump. You may need some bellows to keep things moving, though I'm not entirely sure. If you can mass produce tainted crystals in someway, then once you have Concentrated Evil you can destroy atmospheric taint at your own leasure.I've stumbled upon a method of creating an infinite lava farm and am making a mini quarry experiment. It involves using a redpower deployer, a redstone timer (if thats what its called) and a volcanite amulet. Currently going through the buildcraft wiki looking for things of interest.Does anyone know the name of the special crafting bench that tells you what you can make out of whats currently in your inventory? Or is that only in Tekkit?

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I find that a Vis Purifier is a much easier way to keep everything neat and tidy. I've just hooked one onto the branch from the Crucible that leads to the Dark Infuser, so that in-system taint is siphoned off and destroyed, while two Vis Condensers with Concentrated Evil and four Purifiers each take care of atmospheric taint.Actually, my workroom is completely taint-free, and as the floor is about 50% Totems of Dawn, it's one of the most intensely (and safely) magical places in my Technic world.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've been taking a break from Thaumic devices since destoying the nearby taint spot, personally. But I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I get around to building the Thaumic facility on the other end of my portal.Turns out that infinite lava source requires you to put redstone into the deployer with the amulet. Doesn't seem to accept alchemical fuel, for some reason. Still, not that hard to create infinite redstone with other methods.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Yeah, I have yet to finish destroying a tainted area, but I have several of those Condenser/Purifier set-ups going in the one nearest to Archimedes Base, in addition to Silverwood shrubs around the perimeter and Totems of Dawn in the center.Meanwhile, I'm seriously considering undertaking a massive building project once Archimedes Base is complete. It will probably be in a plains area, and will draw heavy influence from the well at Chand Baori in India, though I can't guarantee that there won't be elements of the Water Temple from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as well.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm impressed by BZMetru's sewer system; But What happened to all of the villagers?
sewer system would be a pet project I made before leaving the server, as for the villagers I think they died, Edited by The Invisible Noob

So, should I go put my first crucible at the base of the natural Silverwood tree I found, then? I've been studiously researching things, but I have yet to get Concentrated Evil--is it a Forbidden theory or something? And what's the best way to start my foray into Forbidden research (I want brains in jars SO bad)?

Concentrated Evil is Tainted Knowledge.Best way to research in any category is to get the Thaumcraft EMC Values add-on, find an Exceptional Artifact in that category, duplicate it, and research that. Once you get a Fragment of Knowledge, research that. Get one theory off of it, research that to get a discovery, and repeat. It's a little slower than just making it spam theories, but it prevents duplicate theories, which in turn prevents stupid wastes of space.You should build your Thaumic work-station in a secure area. Not open-air, and considering the danger presented by ogres, a basement may be your best bet. I built mine in a desert, because deserts have naturally low Taint and Vis values, so while you do have to work to get the Vis up, it's not that hard getting the Taint to 0, and if you make a mistake you aren't going to cause an ecological disaster.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ah.I've researched everything Lost except for two or three theories (most likely ones that rely on a Dark Infuser or something), so I'm getting fragments of other types of knowledge. Once I've built up a supply, I'll try some of them out.BTW, what can I do with duplicate Theories, or theories for things I've already researched?

I'm currently working on a Thaumic station that will serve as my new work space. It'll also contain a nuclear bomb planted directly underneath it, in the case of a taint outbreak. Because really, no kill like overkill.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

You can't duplicate theories like you can with artifacts. Theories, even with the add-on, have no EMC value.Two of the Lost Knowledge things require Eldritch Knowledge to be researched. The last one has to be researched using a Depleted Vis Crystal.Alex, the nuclear bomb won't clear the atmosphere of taint, so if you taint things enough for an outbreak to start, you'll just be left to see if it infects the bedrock, and, of course, it will spread the atmospheric taint out to other chunks.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

While looking up stuff on Thaumic devices, I saw one poster get really irritated because people kept suggesting just nuking the place. A nice way he put it was "you're treating the symptoms, and not the disease."

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

That's pretty much it exactly. Spamming Potions of Purity is another, less insane way of treating the symptoms, but you really need Condensers to get the job done.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No, I mean I just threw stacks of fragments of lost knowledge and stacks of bookshelves into the Quasetum and got a bunch of duplicate Theories as a result. What can I do with them?

Nothing. Incinerate them, and research theories as soon as you get them to avoid duplicates.

voidstars.png

Ah, misread that.Anyway, duplicate theories are worthless except for Vis (you can dump them in a Crucible), which is why it's best to avoid making them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, but Torturous theories are torturous. :P I usually try for Hard or better if I can, otherwise I have to spend diamond blocks to make the theory go through. I've completed the Tainted category, though, so maybe I should use some of my Writhing Taint Tendrils to boost research...Also, what to FORTH Boot Disks do? i have about six of them now, and for some reason they don't stack.

Torturous theories will still get done eventually, especially if you happen to have Exceptional artifacts belonging to the correct category.It takes 5 to guarantee success with a Hard theory (5 in one slot) and 10 for a Torturous theory (5 in each booster slot).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I believe the FORTH boot disks are a component of ComputerCraft. :P I haven't actually done much CC wise, so I'm not of much help.

voidstars.png

Ah, well, I guess it's back to trying to get Brain-In-A-Jars, then.On a semi-related note, I recently re-found a zombie spawner (vanilla zombies, unfortunately :/ ) and have decided to create a Thaumcraft grinder--this will use a normal Coe's Quest-style mobavator setup, but will end in a Crucible of Souls, which will be linked directly to a Thaumic Enchanter (later an occultic enchanter, once I've researched it). If ever I decide to do vanilla-style enchanting, I'll have a sticky piston with a half slab set up just above the crucible to block it off, allowing me to kill the beasties myself. ^_^ EDIT: I should probably mention, Step 1 involved clearing a 19 x 19 x 12 area around the spawner, so I could be CERTAIN there would be no spaces in which spawner zombies could spawn; I'm glad I did, there were several dark caves below that could have spawned normal zombies, reducing my spawner's efficiency and/or straight up leeched my zombie spawns. Step 2 involves filling said area (minus a rougly 11 x 11 x 6 area directly around the spawner) with solid marble, so that if for some reason I start playing with TNT or nukes or something, the spawner has a decent shot at survival. ;)

Edited by Flipz

Marble actually isn't much better than stone as far as blast resistance goes. You're better off with obsidian.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

>_< Wish I had heard that before I nearly finished building the room. Oh, well, I'll deal with it, and I'll just keep my explosives out of the area.Also, Thaumcraft piping is annoying. Thought I'd finally figured out a way to completely separate the Vis and Taint outputs of my Thaumium Crucible. Nope! Redstone signal turns the valves off. Arghrabeartihle! I'll have to replace a valve with a pipe, then mine the cricible once it's empty and come up with a better setup.On the plus side, I've now researched everything except for one Eldritch recipe, which means I'm (pretty much) FINALLY done with research! ^_^ Also, I have a bunch of seed crystals for my vis crystal farm, but the crystals I've placed/found grow SOO SLOWLY. Do I need a place with higher Aura, or will I just have to sleep through several Minecraft weeks like I did when setting up my EMC farm?

A higher aura definitely helps with crystal-farming.Also, I've never really seen the point of valves. I kind of kept my workroom simple.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Just out of curiosity, did anyone use Worlddownloader or something like that to save anything from Bzmetru 2.0 before the map crashed? I assume probably no one did, but it's something worth asking. I just took a gander around the current map at Bzmetru 4.0. It's pretty sad how fast everything fell apart.EDIT: You know what? We just really need a server. Whether we get Limbo straightened out, or move to a new one entirely, having a server that we can collaborate on as BZP members, for BZP members, gives off a sense of community that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

DDude is working on a Tekkit server; someone should go poke him about that. :PAll right. New semester of college starts the day after tomorrow for me, so I'll likely have a week or two of Karzhani before I can get back to Minecraft. In the meantime though, homework:2012-08-22_225346.pngThe patch of water? That's the top of my mobavator, I have about 3 more pockets of water to add (I'll have to build it up a bit). That door in the distance, just barely visible near my cursor? That's the back door of my house, connecting directly into my Thaumcraft workspace. The issue: keeping in mind both horizontal AND vertical distance, what's the best way to get Vis from the Crucible of Souls back to my house? (I've decided that building a library down there would be lame, because it would just be lame and boring and lazy.) Do I really need to build a dozen arcane pumps, or is there a trick I can use to make things more efficient? Or should I just get over my irritation with mass mining, suck it up, and mine out an enchanting workspace for myself?Also, for some reason the Thaumcraft zombies have disappeared completely from my map, any idea why/where I can find more?

@Cobui: The thing is, Nav supposedly still has the 2.0 map...he just refuses to give it to us. I started messing with world downloader in anticipation of its return, but Nav turned out to be lying and put in a fresh map altogether. Either way, it seems all of us have cut our ties with the place at some point or another, so we can't exactly just pop in and ask him for it.@Flipz: I'm not quite sure if the pumps are necessary. I remember creating a massive conduit the last time I messed with Thaumcraft that spanned several hundred blocks, and it seemed to travel the whole way across, as long as the chunks were loaded. If you're still trying to separate Vis and Taint from your last post, you can create two advanced vis valves, and set one to allow only vis and one to allow only taint. The Vis one would travel to your conduit, and the taint one to whatever system you have for cleansing taint.But it would be far easier to just carve out a workspace, yes.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Normal Vis Conduits lose suction at a rate of 1 TCB per conduit. That means that, once you've got 50 between the Infuser and the Crucible, there isn't enough suction for any Vis to travel between the two.So, yeah, if you want it to work right, definitely use some Vis Pumps in that set-up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Can upgrades be retrieved from Thaumic machinery? I want to gather up all my condensers and Purifiers from the cleansing project and bring them home.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

DDude is working on a Tekkit server; someone should go poke him about that. :P
Problem is, I don't know a dang thing about Tekkit. Actually, I have a friend who could host the server, but I'm not sure if we want to save it for a potential LP with a couple other friends. Anybody know how to host multiple servers on the same computer?EDIT: Does anyone else play MineZ? Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

You can easily host two servers from the same computer by having different server folders, or at least you could in the good ol' days. Hosting two at the same time is a different matter entirely.

voidstars.png