*checks my usual Pokemon wiki* Yep, that's the name. Why, is Meganium really bad or something? :confused:

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Dunno about its usefulness, but Chikorita is certainly not the most popular starter out there...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I think Snivy is the only Grass starter thats my favourite out of its own generation.Treecko came close, but...dat Mudkip.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Guys, Meganium isn't bad. It's just more of a defensive poke. From what I've read anyway. It's got a lot of status moves, like Synthesis and Aromatherapy. Synthesis is good for surviving, and Aromatherapy is good move as well. Which I THINK heals all the status effects (Freeze, burn, sleep, paralysis, poison) of the pokemon in your party and adjacent pokemon in triple battles. But I'm not %100 sure on that. :/

Guys, Meganium isn't bad. It's just more of a defensive poke. From what I've read anyway. It's got a lot of status moves, like Synthesis and Aromatherapy. Synthesis is good for surviving, and Aromatherapy is good move as well. Which I THINK heals all the status effects (Freeze, burn, sleep, paralysis, poison) of the pokemon in your party and adjacent pokemon in triple battles. But I'm not %100 sure on that. :/
Can Aromatherapy be used outside battle? If so, TOTALLY getting Chikorita, I'll save SO much cash on status-curing items and SO much time on running back to Pokemon Centers after every battle!

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Can Aromatherapy be used outside battle? If so, TOTALLY getting Chikorita, I'll save SO much cash on status-curing items and SO much time on running back to Pokemon Centers after every battle!
I don't think so. But, if you get 'statusified', you could just go in a battle, use it, and run away. xD

Meganium is definitely best left to support. It ain't bad, but it's just harder to start out with something that has less than fantastic offenses, and when you get to the point where you actually have other grass types to choose from, there's not too many reasons to actually stick with Meganium.Of grass starters, I've always been partial to Venusaur, actually. Just always seemed cool to me.

I think familiarity is a big part of Charizard's appeal, too. There's really nothing that distinguishes him from every other cartoon dragon, but Western-style dragons have always been popular. Ivysaur and Blastoise have more unique designs, but are less popular.Also, I'm looking for a female DW Hippopotas and Swinub. I can offer DW female Eevee, Lapras, Dratini, Tangela, Gligar and can possibly breed some other stuff if necessary. Anyone able to help?
Ivysaur, yes. Venusaur, eh. =P Blastoise is good, though; nothing wrong with awesome shoulder cannons on an oversized turtle. And yes, Charizard is good, but it's horrible for the first two gyms. =PAlso, I like Typhlosion. But I like Bayleef, too. Totodile's like Charizard, though, minus the 'horrible for first two gyms' thing, that one goes to Chikorita, unfortunately. =(And just to continue... Treecko and Grovyle are awesome, Sceptile somewhat too, though why they made the elbow sword into two swords is beyond me, though it still works. =P Swampert is one of the best Pokemon to use in Gen 3; though it's not as helpful at times as some others, though every one of the starters has that. Blaziken is just awesome. Though I still have to wonder how they got 'awesome fighter Pokemon' from 'baby chicken'. 0_oTurtwig and it's evolutions have definite potential... But it doesn't always get unlocked, and it's typing doesn't kick in until it's fully evolved... Something unlike the other two. Empoleon is very cool, I must say, and it can hit hard; it's typing helps too. But Infernape is admittedly my favourite. That one is admittedly likely because of familiarization, however, though. =PAs for this generation... Smugleaf Snivy is cool, but why does it turn into a literal snake? Is it Metus or something? Oshawott is my favourite of the generation, but it becomes a unicorn after two instances of being an Otter. I don't honestly get that. =P And Emboar... Well, Emboar's Ganondorf. So, yeah.

Inappropriate language removed. -B6Generation 5 had the worst looking starters. Sceptile, also, and I don't care if saying this zaps my proto or gets me in trouble with the mods or anything, was bad looking

Edited by Prince Andrew Duke of York

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Apparently a new Mystery Dungeon game was announced for the 3ds, subtitled Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. Unlike previous games, it seems to just be one version instead of two.Not much info right now, but possible pokémon that the player can become at the start are Pikachu, Axew, and the Unovan starters. Again, you're a human who becomes a pokémon, while falling into a dream. Augmented reality can also be used to open paths to new dungeons.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I was thinking about augmented reality stuff today, and where it might lead to in the near future. I predict that in about five years time, we'll be able to have battles in our living rooms with full size AR Pokemon. (Some Pokemon would have to have a bit of a size reduction, obviously, but anything under eight feet could be full size.) I don't think it would be incorporated into the main series games, but it could work as an extra minigame equivalent to Dream Radar or something like that.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

We're gonna need some better working AR Cards then. :PSeriously, I have a tough time battling my Kid Icarus AR Cards, they always pop off. It could be because I'm trying to do it at night though. That's probably it. =PRestarted my Platinum yesterday, doing a Nuzlocke or however you spell it. Going good so far. Picked Chimchar this time.

I was thinking about augmented reality stuff today, and where it might lead to in the near future. I predict that in about five years time, we'll be able to have battles in our living rooms with full size AR Pokemon. ---I'd pay a lot for this. xD

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Alyska: That, right there, would be awesome.Hero: No AR cards would technically be necessary; it could act like Face Raiders or the Dream Radar. ;) Basically, the game would render the images where they'd logically be, and you'd move your system around to see it... At least, that's what I imagine it'd be like. Again, similar to what happens in Face Raiders or the Dream Radar. =)

Can you send a mystery gift you obtained to a friend? This will decide whether or not I buy B/W2 upon release...

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I believe you could back in Gen 4. Did that change in Black and White?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Can you send a mystery gift you obtained to a friend? This will decide whether or not I buy B/W2 upon release...
You can directly trade whatever Pokemon you get. The ribbons only prevent them from being placed in the GTS. I think the feature where you can directly "gift" them to other people still works, but I don't know how. Edited by VIII. Axel

You can directly trade whatever Pokemon you get. The ribbons only prevent them from being placed in the GTS. I think the feature where you can directly "gift" them to other people still works, but I don't know how.
The question is, can you put Genesect on your first Black or White? :P

I wondered the same thing for when I had White, but I can't find the option anymore.That said, the pure amount of stuff they stuck into BW2 is more than enough to justify it's purchase right there...Hero: The event's for both sets of games, so yes. I intend to get two Genesects, thanks to that. =P

It's not that I don't want it, it's that I want to know if I should get it right at its release so I can get Genesect, or if I can wait a bit and get it later and just have my friend send me the Mystery Gift from his game.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Blade: Are you SURE? Their making it sound like it's an incentive to buy BW2. I haven't heard anything about it being available for the first version.As soon as I get BW2.. My Garchomp will finally have outrage.. =PAnd my Togekiss can have some better moves.Is anyone up for a battle?

Edited by Hero: Fighter of Light

I'd like to say that Emerald was my first experience and I still like Typhlosion best. He's got a simple but cool design, plus stick a scarf on him and he just mauls stuff with Eruption.
I agree typhlosion is the best. In fact my first level 100 pokemon is my Typhlosion named Karzahni. i can beat pretty much the whole elite 4 with just him and his eruption move and many ethers or Leppa berries.Also if any one has a Tornadus i can borrow just to unlock Landorus it would be greatly appreciated if they could send me a message if they are willing to help. Edited by Voxumo The Frozen One

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So since I didn't get a clear answer, I'll ask again. Can you transfer a mystery gift from one game to another, of can you only get it from the distribution?

This topic so far

Vs.

so I have to buy B/W2 on release to get Genesect for myself? Great, thanks GameFreak.

This topic so far

Vs.