Hmm... It's odd; I've been getting errors with communicating recently myself. One fixed itself, but the other had been tried for a while, until it was just given up on for the moment. =/ I personally think Nintendo's servers are being overloaded. =P

And, well, even the fans that got Black as well have B/W2 now, and that, combined with the fact that likely Black/White's infrastructure is on some similar servers(to have compatibility), it'd be no wonder they'd be swamped. =P

Well, with everyone talking about B2/W2, I've been enticed into playing Emerald again. At the moment, I've got a Quiet Cacnea (which, naturally, I'll evolve into Cacturne), which I plan to max HP and Special Attack EVs and add the last EVs to Attack (I'm running Pin Missile/Needle Arm/Faint Attack/Spikes, remember since this is Gen III, Special Attack is more important, whereas if I were doing this with a more modern game I'd be maxing Attack). Slowly but surely I'm building up those Sp. Attack EVs on Route 113, and once I'm done there I'll start slaughtering Whismur in the cave on Route 106.This Cacturne will stay with me through to the Final Four and the Frontier; here's my planned team (forgive any level-related inaccuracies, I'm too lazy to look it up right now):Blaziken Lvl. ~60 @ huh.gif(Can't remember the nature, but he's got a neutral one and I can't breed for a new one until after F4), random EVs (again, can't breed, so can't EV-train)-Peck-Sky Uppercut-Slash-Blaze KickCacturne Lvl. ~60 @ huh.gifQuiet Nature, 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/8 Attack-Pin Missile-Needle Arm-Faint Attack-SpikesLombre Lvl. ~60 @ huh.gifhuh.gif Nature-Mega Drain-Leech Seed-???-???Glalie Lvl. ~60 @ huh.gifhuh.gif Nature-???-???-???-???My last two members are big unknowns; Starmie's been recommended, but I'm tempted to go with Sharpedo because I have a huge weakness for Dark-types. (Not as in "my team is weak to Dark-types", I mean I really, really like Dark-types. :P ) I'll be using my other two starters while I train everything else, here's their planned movesets. Note that Swampert is female, so if I go with Swampert for F4 and Frontier I can raise one with any Nature I want, even though it'd be a pain to actually do.Sceptile:Leaf BladeSlamPursuitFalse Swipe(For catching Pokemon)Swampert:EQuakeMuddy WaterTake DownProtect

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Another not so smart question, which I probably know the answer to:I'm at the Elite Four in Black and need to complete that game yet. If I complete it and finish it so I can trade over Pokemon from Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold, can I then trade those Pokes to White 2, or would I only be able to trade over what appears in the Dex for White 2 before the national dex?

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Ballom: He meant EV-Training for In-Game, as in, before the post-game. =P

Another not so smart question, which I probably know the answer to:I'm at the Elite Four in Black and need to complete that game yet. If I complete it and finish it so I can trade over Pokemon from Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold, can I then trade those Pokes to White 2, or would I only be able to trade over what appears in the Dex for White 2 before the national dex?
Yes, it is possible to trade all those, and not just the ones in the B/W2 dex. The only restriction is you can't trade until after the first Gym, because it requires the C-gear.

Oh so I could trade from those games to White 2, with a C-Gear after the first gym? I just know I couldn't trade them to B/W without completing the game...

Well; if you're trying to transfer from DPPHGSS, then no, it won't work; however, once you get the C-Gear, you can trade between B/W1, and there are no restrictions, like trading in Gen 4. =)

Yeah... I was talking about trading between other games, not in-between B/W - B/W2. I wanted to say trade a Ralts from Platinum to B/W once I complete it, but then trade it to B/W2.

EV training in game is stupid.
So . . . how else do you EV train other than in-game?Admittedly, EV training before 4th Gen takes forever anyway, especially given Pokerus is a lot rarer too.~B~
POKEGEN POKEGEN POKEGEN POKEGENIn-game means like story mode. Metagame is all battling, no exploring or puzzles or anything. Edited by Kanye West

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

My Dream Radar hates me. :(Just caught my Therian Landorus, who like the other two ended up with a neutral nature. I have a Quirky Tornadus, and Thundurus and Landorus are Hardy. Grr.Maybe I'll get luckier with the couple Gen IV legendaries I can get.Edit: Brave Giratina and Lax Lugia. UGH.

Edited by Xehanort

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I believe Dream Radar hates a lot of people, though some can get lucky. I wouldn't know either way, though, as I still don't have it. I'll eventually get it, whenever I get a eShop card next, but until then, no radar for me. =PI should start battling competitively against the people on here after I beat Black 2's story mode.

Does anyone know the standard allocation for maxing two stats and dumping the remaining EV's into a third? I'm trying to EV a Celebi, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Victini, Mewtwo, and Keledo. With Pokerus, EV boosting item, and a proper target, is it 26 or 27 pokemon of 1 ev that need to be defeated to max a stat?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

252/252/4 is the standard allocation for maxing two stats, but keeping a point for another stat. =)/EDIT: Why did I say pokemon there...
Yes, but the division isn't adding up for me. With an 8X EV boost, I'm getting 252 down to 31.5 evs, which isn't right.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

Does anyone know the standard allocation for maxing two stats and dumping the remaining EV's into a third? I'm trying to EV a Celebi, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Victini, Mewtwo, and Keledo.With Pokerus, EV boosting item, and a proper target, is it 26 or 27 pokemon of 1 ev that need to be defeated to max a stat?
Pokerus + Power Item on 1 EV Pokemon gives you 10 EVs per KO. Makes for 25 KOes then one without the Power Item.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Does anyone know the standard allocation for maxing two stats and dumping the remaining EV's into a third? I'm trying to EV a Celebi, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Victini, Mewtwo, and Keledo.With Pokerus, EV boosting item, and a proper target, is it 26 or 27 pokemon of 1 ev that need to be defeated to max a stat?
Pokerus + Power Item on 1 EV Pokemon gives you 10 EVs per KO. Makes for 25 KOes then one without the Power Item.
Ok, that explains why it wasn't calculating right. Thanks! So, 2 sets of 26 and what, a single pokemon for the last stat?

I have an old EV/IV training guide somewhere that might be helpful... I'll have to dig up the txt.file.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've got soooo many pokemon to EV train >.> But I do have most of the power items for my HG, so I can just train them and transfer the critters over to White and so on.

I don't have that many EV'd pokes, but I do have several hundred pokes ready to transfer from the 4th gen games for the dex. But first, I need to change the nicknames of about half of them. My brother's technique for nicknaming Pokemon was not only unoriginal, it was sometimes unintentionally obscene. I feel sorry for that poor Cascoon...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in this forum for a while, but I've been busy. Anyway, I'm planning on making a BZPower Pokemon B/W2 Tournament.But first, I want to know if people want to participate.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

All of my Pokemon are still spread across D/P/HG... I'll have so much trading to do and I need to beat Black before I can even trade anything.I just got an Adamant Genesect on the first try... tempted to just keep it.

I have an old EV/IV training guide somewhere that might be helpful... I'll have to dig up the txt.file.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've got soooo many pokemon to EV train >.> But I do have most of the power items for my HG, so I can just train them and transfer the critters over to White and so on.
Whoops. My EV guide hasn't been updated since Diamond/Pearl days, so it is way out of date...