Comics Contest #1: Get a Clue!

-Windrider-

Would it be allowed to entry for anyone arund the globe or only for US?

Anyone from any country may enter. You're fine.- 55555
Though I would assume that you still have to use English as the primary language for the comic, so keep that in mind.

Initiating procrastination sequence...3...2...1...:PHoping to enter this if I come up with a good idea for it.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

oooh, I have just the idea for this. Consider me entered!Question, though, which I don't see addressed. Is there a limit to the number of pages I can enter...?- Heir

There is no page limit, nor is there a panel limit. The whole "page" thing is there so that people aren't restricted to one file should they run over the 3 MB limit, and of course for those drawing their entries by hand. One sheet of paper most likely would not be enough! Edited by -Windrider-

Would it be permitted for two entrants to create a plot together, and then tell the story from two different viewpoints?As in, the entrants make one comic each which focuses on different characters during the same events.

Edit: Probably not. We'd like it if you created separate entries. The concept is good, but if we were to allow it, it would be in a separate themed contest in the future. Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Does something in the style of my BIONICLES ADVENTURS COMIXS series qualify for this contest, or would it actually have to be something that looks like it took a lot of effort to make/actually has a plotline?

Well, it should have a plot. That is part of the challenge. As for what art style you choose, that is completely up to you. That is something we cannot control, nor are we looking to. That said, I do not know how voters would respond to a BAC-style comic when it is inevitably compared to others in the polls. I do not mean to imply your style is inferior in any way; I only question how effectively it can complement your story and the theme.

I might enter this, I've already got a comic series in the pipeline, but it was more intended to be on the humour side of things rather than storyline. But maybe, I'm open to the occassional deep plot.On a fairly related note, the Tohu magnifying glass image for this contest is the most epic thing I have ever seen in the history of everything.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Wait so comics HAVE to be pixelated,or can they be handdrawn?

No, it doesn't. You can use any medium you want.
YAY!I suck at pixelating,but i';m good at drawing.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

So let's say I make a comic...could I present it as an animated .gif? Just wondering.

"Entries must be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. Images must also be static."In hindsight, I can now see why this might seem like an odd rule. My reasoning is that I want to avoid that gray area between Music & Movies and Comics, now that the two forums are separated.Your post does prompt me to clarify the rule, though. I am going to say that individual panels can be animated for effect. The presentation of the comic should be static, however. That is, you can not make an animated "slideshow" to present your comic.I have updated the first post with this clarification. Edited by -Windrider-

Speaking of which, what's the deal with promo material? Can we have that before we finish our entries?

That depends on what it is, I suppose. If it's just a teaser or general advertising banner, it'd be fine, but if you're giving away plot details, WIP panels, or something else that you could get genuine feedback on, that wouldn't work.

Oh, and can we make a topic for the comic when/after we post our entry into the submission topic/here?

Sure.

Sketched out all my page layouts, so I suppose I have to follow through with this...But is there a reason why the general art contest is so close to this one? This month is extremely busy for me, I would love if they weren't back to back or heaven forbid, overlapping.

I don't think there is a reason the two are occurring so closely together. No one intended for a collision to happen - it was a coincidence, too, that the two planning topics were posted in such a quick succession. Maybe you are all witnessing some sort of unconscious Art forum rivalry.In any case, if it becomes a significant stressor for many, we'll see what we can do. I can make some mean comfort food, for one thing, or maybe the deadline will be extended; although, I doubt that the two deadlines will be too close together.Edit: The General Art Contest deadline appears to be at the end of April. Phew!

Edited by -Windrider-
Wind can't into semicolons

Will the winner of this conest be excluded from the next Comics Contest, whenever that may be?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Here to discourage everyone by claiming to have thought up, story-boarded, drawn, shaded, colored, edited and uploaded my entire entry in the space of three hours! I may be falsifying that claim, but who will ever know? =DMember name: KakaruEntry name: Monsters in the StormEntry url: HereEntry thumb: monsteritsthumb.jpgEntry topic: HereI didn't mean to make the blood in panel six that eye-catching, I just had to colour it red since I was doing the rest of the things like that. I may just edit it out. : / Yes, using my incredible powers of hindsight and discretion, I have turned the puddle of blood into a puddle of unidentifiable black ooze! This is me, boys and girls, not taking any chances! I may be a contest assistant, but I'm still incredibly paranoid!

Edited by Kakaru

hey it's Studio Comic

One week to go! Two entries so far...is three weeks not enough? Is it because February is the cruelest month? Wait, that's April. Darn.Well, even if the turnout is small, the show will still go on, of course. This is only the first contest, too; lessons will be learned and considered in order to improve the next gig.In any case it's been fun for me so far, and hopefully for you all too hey wait why are you spending precious time reading my post; go work on your entries!

Edited by -Windrider-

One week to go! Two entries so far...is three weeks not enough? Is it because February is the cruelest month? Wait, that's April. Darn.Well, even if the turnout is small, the show will still go on, of course. This is only the first contest, too; lessons will be learned and considered in order to improve the next gig.In any case it's been fun for me so far, and hopefully for you all too hey wait why are you spending precious time reading my post; go work on your entries!

You're seriously going to end the contest if you end up with only two entries?....It would be wonderful to extend the deadline to those of us with precious little spare time.

A little question I have here.Is it alright to make a re-telling of a point in BIONICLE history?I have a great Idea in mind, but I just wasn't sure if it's aloud.Edit:

It would be wonderful to extend the deadline to those of us with precious little spare time.

This would make things a lot easier on us comic makers. Some of us just can't make enough time to meet the current deadline. An extension would be very helpful.- :b: :c: :2: :1: Edited by Biocryptid21

:I

A little question I have here.Is it alright to make a re-telling of a point in BIONICLE history?I have a great Idea in mind, but I just wasn't sure if it's aloud.

As long as there's a mystery involved. Go for it. ;)

hey it's Studio Comic

Er...I don't suppose I could add in my appeal for an extension too? I actually have been working on my entry, but it is taking a while getting used to this different format of storytelling and all. School has been crazy this week, really, with about four exams and all that good stuff, and while I know I'm not the only one doing school, some extra time to extend past the holiday next week (Presidents' Day this Monday) so I could work on it and so on would be awesome.

Yeah, I kind of have a little bit of spriter's block (diducwutididthar), too, so an extension would be wonderful.

This isn't really a reason for extending a deadline though. Schedules, however, are, and since there is going to be a pitiful amount of entries, I cannot see why pushing it back would be a bad thing.I have to drive back and forth from preschool daily, which is not a short trip; attend rigorous classes that steal away the soul; work so that I do not end up in welfare in under five years, therefore the time I get to myself is limited to the wee hours of the morning. You may be able to see why I would love more time... Drawing is something I enjoy, and I gladly sacrifice [sleep] to do it, but I, and others as well, need a some more leeway in order to actually accomplish something. (Edit: Other people have school, jobs, etc, too, this is not only a plea on my behalf)Plus, the longer time the contest runs, the more likelihood someone will see it who otherwise, would have been just a little bit too late. Edited by Uncle K.

I'd have to agree, an extension would be helpful. Maybe at least a week and a half?sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!