R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

OOC: Ah, I figured it was like the United Nations, where you had to actually be admitted entry. AnywayIC:The Astarian Government soon requested to send a representative to speak on their behalf.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: With the reasoning of "better late than never" the Astarian representative was admitted, although the recent tensions between the two nations caused the local authorities to detail extra security to his group, so that the Astarian assassination of the Stan ambassador was not revenged.:w:

IC:Likely as a show of good faith, the Astarian Ambassador(a woman, of course*) had arrived alone and unarmed. Were there any overlap between the two groups, she would be recognized as Calasi. She appeared without announcement, opening the door, giving a polite nod at the assembled dignitaries, and closing the door behind her.OOC: Offline for the night, will be occupied by a girl tomorrow night. Not sure when I'll be back.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: With a slight feeling of the surreality of the situation, the representative calmly explained that greenhouses were contained, climate-controlled buildings designed to promote the optimum growth of plants.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Coca-ColaRealizing the potential of such an idea, the Coke representative grinned. "We'll be able to work out a license for growing these plants, perhaps in exchange for a few of those vaunted goat creatures?"IC: Forum"Just going to announce Astaria's support for the ban; a biological weapon simply is too easy to lose control of and slaughter the entire world. Our great nations have a responsibility; defending not only our own citizens, but also the collective peoples of Earth. We must seek out any threat to them, and deal with it openly and honestly.

-Rover

IC(Forum): The Kiserran representative, standing in for Consul Shimizu, stood and spoke."Kiserre has absolutely no experience with biological weapons so we have little reason not to sign this treaty," he declared.IC(Kiserre): The attending forces for the non-lethal exercises were gathered in the uninhabited area of the northern region that was reserved for military practice maneuvers. The ranking officers of the foreign nations were given a basic overview of the terrain: The north and east were hilly and forested, the west was rather mountainous, and the south was mostly open plains, with a large river marking the southern boundary. All forces would be permitted anywhere within the boundary, with the exception of scaling the mountain beyond 1200 metres.OOC: Alright guys, specify what forces you are bringing so I can get this ready to go.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: A few additions to the Aquileonese representatives had arrived while the wargames were being organized. The full complement now amounted to three battalions, two SAM units, two Gyrfalcons, and two Vultures. They took up a possition in the slopes of the mountains to the west, camouflaging their SAM units with netting while their aircraft ran CAP overhead.OOC: I just realized how absurd it is that I only have three SAM units for an army of this size...I understand aircraft and navy (they're expensive) but SAMs? Really?:w:

OOC: The Varangian military is even more pathetically unbalanced. They've got rather a lot of snipers, three helicopters, no missiles yet, and while their troops do carry side-arms, they are primarily trained as snipers.(Coca Trade): The trade of goats for coca was quickly approved, with a small herd of goats soon on its way to Astaria.(War Games): During the waiting for the beginning of the war games, the Varangians had flown over one of the three helicopters they received from the Kiserrans, and had refitted it with paint-based "weaponry". Apart from that, two battalions of the marksmen characteristic of Varangia, decked out with full mountain-climbing gear and cold-weather gear had set up camp on the north-western edge of the combat area, using alpine scrub to camouflage their base-camp while they waited for the all-clear to begin.OOC: I'm trying out what I consider to be an absurdly non-viable combat strategy - an all-sniper military. The pros of this are high-precision and high kill/shot ratios. The cons I will let you discover for yourselves.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: By now the Waalusaan had bolstered their coastal defences significantly. Long guns with anti-ship weaponry dotted the cliffs and bluffs, while emplacements with machine guns and donnermakkers guarded the beaches. Anti-air weapons crowned each. If anyone tried taking any of the islands in the Arctungaad archipelago they'd be forced to shed a lot of blood.OOC: I have 55 free IP, if I put it into sending satellites into space how long would it take?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Funds were sent to a private company to design a new set of explosive weapons. The Fillion private sector started looking to the newly opened markets with a gleam in their eyes. Messages were sent out to the other countries from a collection of companies, asking if they would be willing to open their markets. The three main exports would be cars designed with an eye towards style and speed, a type of drawn action show that was popular with young men and boys. And the national art style of Fillion, which used soft beams of light sent through crystals of various colors, some of which had pictures or writing carved into them.OOC: Ten IP set aside for the development of a new line of weapons.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [standast]Revenge was currently on the Stan mind, but not at such a function. There were few rules about Stan feuds, mostly because everyone who tried regulating the system got killed, but there were some unspoken ones. One such rule was that attacking people at parties (the Stan word was more loose, referring more to any sort of official gathering, be it formal or fun) was pretty low, so the Astarian ambassador was mostly safe. Not to mention, ambassadors were trained with more self restraint than the average person.Regardless of the Astarian's safety, the Stans voted for the ban against biological weapons.[Elsewhere]With Project Fallout reinitialized and completed, the aging Stan navy was given a review, then it was decided that while it would need some serious over hauling, but there simply wasn't enough money. So in the mean time the fruits of Project Fallout were being collected, stored onto naval vessels while the world continued it's bickering.OOCAlright, so rather than have another lengthy IC convo that'll get us no where, who is buying the immortality drug and who isn't?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Quoth The Other Wiki:

Biological warfare (also known as germ warfare) is the use of biological toxins or infectious agents such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi with intent to kill or incapacitate humans, animals or plants as an act of war. Biological weapons (often termed "bio-weapons" or "bio-agents") are living organisms or replicating entities (viruses) that reproduce or replicate within their host victims. Entomological (insect) warfare is also considered a type of biological warfare.

:w:

IC:"Quite. In fact, Astaria's assembly has voted in favor of this as well, though barely." Calasi grinned.OOC: Project Aveline canceled

OOC: I just realized how absurd it is that I only have three SAM units for an army of this size...I understand aircraft and navy (they're expensive) but SAMs? Really? :w:

This is why I argue that a unit's upkeep cost should be one fifth of its build cost, so a Large Province(40 IP) could only build two bombers at once(20 IP) but it could support a total of 10(4 IP each)Industry:Training begun of 150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(15 IP)[1/3]Production begun of two Crusader helicopters(10 IP)[1/7] Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

OOCI know, I know, the upkeep and build costs shouldn't be the same. But I'm not even sure if the RPG rules allow that big of a change after the RPG has been approved. If they do, though, then I'd be open to letting you guys vote on the matter, assuming Koth agrees with it.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

It's not that huge of a change. Just dividing by five, quintupling the amount of forces each of us can field, which brings this much closer to reality than it currently is, because I'm fairly sure my one Destroyer gives me the world's largest Navy...

-Rover

OOCI'd just like to make something clear; we are not America. Even by the time someone has their entire island be super provinces, a six tile island might, MIGHT, be something of Germany's industrial output.Fact being, these things are bloody expensive, and unless you have the industrial output of America, Germany, or China, it's pretty hard to keep them up. Aye, you should probably be able to support more, but never get it into your head that we're America or Germany. We aren't.Also, IP in this case is your military budget; not the over all industrial production.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

Well, for a better comparison, look at modern day Egypt.8 Submarines6 Frigates2 Corvettes22 Coastal Patrol Boats24 Missile Attack CraftThat's for a medium sized, resource-poor nation with moderate militarization. (These are of course pre-revolution figures)

-Rover

OOCWhich is a fair point, and is also why I'm totally in favor of doing the one fifth upkeep thing, if the rules, Koth, and you guys approve of it.

voidstars.png

OOC: See, this is why I'm waiting to do IL 3. I would have never thought of the 1/5 plan. (Which I approve of.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I would have implemented this idea in Starscape if we'd come up with a system for ground combat. Starships, of course, need so much support that their upkeep is equal to their building.So, that's Me, Alex, Lloyd, and Rover. Meaning we need opinions from Silvan Haven, Koth and ToA

-Rover

OOCSo we got the approval of a judge, which for me is good enough. So long as Koth goes along with it, you guys get your one fifth upkeep.

voidstars.png

(IC Wargames) The officer chose to take his mixed battalion of basic infantry, Zilren, and Elite units up north to the hills and forests. With only four rather outdated tanks at their disposal, this seemed the most logical option. They did however, manage to acquire a new experimental anti-vehicle weapon shipped in before the beginning of the war-games, dubbed the AVL (Basically an RPG-7)(Black Crescent Empire) Riots erupted in the streets as rebel forces stormed the city of Cairn Taliti (Q4). No further news has been released by officials, but it appears as though Imperial forces are slowly being forced from the city, choosing to fall back to the Capital rather than hold their ground.(OOC) Sorry about the inactivity recently. I plan on getting an Industry report up soon.

If you can't explain it, then it was probably an alien.

Industry ReportN-7: Large State(40)O-8: Large State(40)O-9: Large State(40)O-7: Medium State(30) [17/21]P-8: Small State(20) [17/21]O-11: Large Territory(10) [1/14]N-12: Settlement(0) [3/7]Total IP: 180Projects: Project Reverene(100)[49/60]B-9 Shadow(15)11/12150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(15 IP)[2/3]Two Crusader helicopters(10 IP)[2/7]IP Use: 140Standing Military:Helbrecht-Class Destroyer(10)50 Python MBTs(10)3 P-11 Interceptors(5)IP Use: 25Production Begun on three extra Crusader Helicopters(15)(1/7)

-Rover

OOCJust like to point out to people, let's not put our modified one fifth industry reports out until me and Koth completely agree on everything and get the official mechanics out.

voidstars.png

OOCAlright, so after brief discussion, me and Koth have come to a conclusion. The upkeep cost will be the closest multiple of five to the one-fifth, rounding upwards, EXCEPT for when your build cost is <=10 IP, in which case it rounds to one. So to work it out, the formula is simple; .2*B=U, B being build cost and U being upkeep cost. So for example, .2•15=3 which rounds to five. .2•70=14.2, which rounds to 15, and .2•10=2, which rounds to 1. That should keep the maths simple enough that it isn't annoying when doing your IP reports.Unless anyone has objections, this'll be added to the front post and it'll be completely official.

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png