How to destroy the Pit Mutagen

What happened to the Pit Mutagen?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys. You know there is a substance called the Pit Mutagen, which can mutate beings it touches, similar to the mutagen in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It is made with energy from the Matoran Universe mixed with salted water. No one in the Matoran Universe likes it. The substance was located in the waters around Mahri Nui, the Pit, and Karda Nui.

Now, I wonder how can you destroy the substance (or contain it), so it wouldn't mutate any being anymore? Well, the mutagen in Karda Nui is probably destroyed by the Energy Storms there, right? Dekar-Hydraxon drained the substance from the Pit when the Matoran Universe was repaired by the Staff of Artakha. Mata Nui used the Mask of Life to cure all of the mutated beings except for the Matoran of Mahri Nui (well, except Sarda and Idris), and made them amphibious. Do you think Mata Nui also used the Mask to destroy the substance itself? The Mask can do things Life-energy-related, so I am not sure since the substance is not organic, but can change organisms. If not destroyed, would you think the people of the Matoran Universe may have contained the all traces of the substance in containers and destroyed the whole substance? No one doesn't want to be mutated by it, you know.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

So, the thing is that Pit Mutagen isn’t really alive. I imagine it’s not something anyone is interested in getting anywhere near them, but at the same time, it’s not going anywhere, so I doubt anybody is actively trying to contain it.

The only places where Pit Mutagen still exists are probably inside the Great Spirit Robot and deep in Aqua Magna. The GSR is probably forbidden for people to just explore, while the mutagen in Aqua Magna is an untied loose end, but someone would probably have to know exactly where the GSR was to find that part of the water again. And even then, it’s unlikely anyone would want to. Perhaps the new government put out a warning that it’s out there somewhere. If they have nothing else to deal with, they could send out teams in submarines with captive Rahi to test where the mutagen is still active, and cordon off that area.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

If anything, I'd expect the Pit Mutagen to be more widespread than ever.

If it's just created by salt water being exposed to radiation/energy from the Matoran Universe, then the crash of the GSR at the end of the story could have effected the groundwater beneath Bara Magna (depending on its salinity), or even reached the oceans of Aqua Magna.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hmm… Well, here’s what I think: True, the substance is still there as far as the canon tells, but I would like to think that while the Matoran Universe people are cleaning things up in the Matoran Universe after the Battle for Bara Magna, the Order of Mata Nui may have sent amphibious allies to use special containers to collect every last piece of the Pit Mutagen. After they collected it, they probably destroyed the whole substance by now. Nobody wants to be mutated, you know.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 10/27/2023 at 6:11 PM, confused piraka said:

barraki: cleanup crew

(like a worse version of federation of fearimage.png.4ce9a9f89a2f3591530223064650c751.png

Lol, that's hilarious. Would you approve of me writing a fanfic about that idea?

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I mean this assumes two points:

1) That pit mutagen is going to be a major problem going forward; it seems to be heavier than regular water and thus would sink so deep as no to threaten most sapient life.

2) That it doesn't break down/decay over time without regular radiation exposure.

It's basically just radioactive seawater. There was no deliberate action taken to cleanse it. 

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 1 month later...