RPG Forum Contest 23

Black Six

Onarax: True, true. I mean, the pilots of them survived two things that would kill them, so... yeah, you're right, that would definitely be an idea. =PHubert: Yeah. Really do need to watch Seed again at some point, but that's a discussion for another topic. =P/EDIT: Lloyd: You ninja'd me. =/ Though, technically since we're discussing possible mech designs for an RPG... =P

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

Really guys, Gundams?Really?EVANGELION%2BUnit-01%2B%257E%2Bberserk%2Bmode.JPG

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

WAIT.WAIT.You are saying that we can use a mech of Evangelion standards?Just what is the power limit in this RP? Cause last I checked only Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was stronger than her. (Technically an exaggeration BUT STILL)

Edited by Crogenitor Evex
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

All of the Colossi are about the size of a skyscraper, hence the name. The power limit is pretty liberal, which should have been obvious by the incredibly small list of banned powers. :P You can't start Third Impact with a colossus, but an Angel should be about on par with a Leviathan in power.On that note, there will be a large crystalline singing diamond Leviathan.:w:

Time to rethink the characters I will use if Rust looses...And will there be Zery?

Heh, sorry. I refer to the Angel Zeruel, or at least something like him.

If that isn't too demanding. Whichever version you like best.

I never thought I'd be able to derail a topic... :PAnyway, anything goes as far as vehicles in Day Run. That includes GUNDAM and EVA-style mecha. And, frankly, with the growing sizes of the Constructs, you're going to need bigger vehicles--especially against the jellyfish that's currently taking up a large portion of the northern Barrens.So yeah. Consider this an official announcement that Mecha and vehicles are going to be very important in the final stages of Day Run.(Beat that.)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

@ Parugi: Now you're grasping. I had the Eva-sized mechae first. Plus, how many Angel-power-level enemies do you have? :P@ Burn: Personally I think it's not horrible but not really outstanding. The dual element idea is interesting but not something strong enough to drag the game to victory in and of itself.:w:

I feel that with some work, Deep could be fantastic.Just... Yanno, needs work.

Edited by Crogenitor Evex

It would expand far beyond the dual-element concept, including discovering the fate of an ancient race, the eventual escape of the island since everyone at that point would probably hate it and it wouldn't get voted back in for anyone who wants to, and other things.Also, I'm not going to try to hide that I am winging it in every aspect of the RPG. :P

- :burnmad:

I beg to differ, Lloyd, and I'm honestly insulted. I've had an NGE-influence since the forums came back on-line--ask any of my players about the Constructs. And just for proof, here's a picture of my Construct (the one actually called the Construct, as they have individual names) concept art, which was based off of an Angel.I'll also find some posts from the Searcher and the others showing just how hard they were to beat, or how completely unbeatable they were.Regardless, I've had this for a while. So I'm pretty sure I have you beat, sir. ;)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

SSSHHHHHH... Spoilers...

My list of banned powers is pretty much "anything goes" with the exception of Shadow. :P I'm much more liberal with what would normally be rule infractions. If you have a lake of lava sitting about, I have no problem with letting you open a portal at the bottom and drop it onto the Horde. In the BZPRPG, I got a character killed for doing that. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

So that's how you mean.Yeah... Life and Time are essentially all I've banned, now that I look at my list. Aside from that, I'd say I'm pretty liberal, considering there have been some characters with rather ridiculously strong powers in the past. Like Alan. And Brother.But I don't know; others might see me as more strict. You should ask them about Day Run sometime. :PEDIT: And examples from Constructs #6, the Construct, and #7, the Searcher:Construct #6 introductionDirect NGE reference, spoiler alert!Red herringAfter several, several, several pages of fighting and Arena-destruction, it's finally brought down by a massive number of attacks#7's introductionFeasty feasty!And that's not even getting into the Collector. So...ALSO, look who was actually the first here to include insanity-inducing tentacled Eldrich Abominations in his RPG. Funny how that works. :rolleyes:

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

The thing is, I totally forgot to mention them. Although someone had to create the stone bridge and the orb.It looked like we were going to have a terrible storm, so I was afraid the power would go out until morning and I wouldn't be able to enter it. So I missed a few things, those being the no-bunnying rule, the obligatory have fun or die rule, and any and all direct mention of the all-important ancient civilization. :P

- :burnmad:

WAIT.WAIT.You are saying that we can use a mech of Evangelion standards?Just what is the power limit in this RP? Cause last I checked only Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was stronger than her. (Technically an exaggeration BUT STILL)

You obviously aren't educated in the ways of mecha. You forgot Demonbane, Getter Emperor, Genesic GaoGaiGar (He who destroys suns with hammers), Ideon and dem Gunbusters.