Your Favourite Bionicle Website?

Artorias

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites were the 2004 and 2005 designs. Mainly because of the Metru Nui skyline (which I've always loved) hanging in the background whilst you try to figure out those weird disc-codes and how to participate in "Ask Greg"

Edited by g.m.c4

-Thisisanoriginalsignature-

My favorite is the 2006 site, mainly because that's when I first heard about Bionicle, and the website had always been one of the most fun parts of Bionicle to me back then. I liked the 2006 site because it had the Piraka animations, and it had all of the older online games. The character bios were the main thing that got me started on liking the story of Bionicle.

elementalussal.png

The two very fist versions were simply amazing. But it might be nostalgy that makes me talk right now.I must admit that the early 2007 and 2008 websites were great looking.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the 2001-2003 sites which blended in-universe storytelling with out-of-universe news and product advertising. The collectible charts in 2001-2003 were excellent (the Krana chart perhaps most of all, with its many variants, official color names, and descriptions of each Krana's powers at each level). The site got frequent "story updates" throughout 2001 (in the form of MNOLG updates) and 2002-2003 (in the form of flash animations).Overall the Ninjago site is the one that's come closest to the 2001-2003 BIONICLE site's appeal for me. Part of this is the dense story info, which goes above and beyond what's really necessary by describing each weapon in around the same detail as was used for the BIONICLE collectibles in 2001-2003, and each character in around the same detail used for the old BIONICLE character pages. However, Ninjago's site suffers slightly in that its online games are a lot less compelling for me than the MNOLG was, and its interface is slightly more time-consuming to navigate.

I really loved that mahri website that wasn't exactly the official bionicle website, but was still official.
Do you mean the 2007 version of Bioniclestory.com?My personal favorite was....the 2007 site. I also really enjoyed the archive section.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

BIonicle heroes website was one of my all time favorites because of it's good layout and stuning musical theme, if you haven't heard it yet you have missed out. 2006 was great, 2007 was better and the 2008 site was almost gold. Then I lost intrest in the site.

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.

• 2 weeks later...

i kinda like the one on the main site now. i just wish it wasn't going to stay that way for an indefinite amount of time.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I personally don't remember each BIONICLE site, and I never used it much. I did like the Voya-Nui-era site, but that could be that that's the only one I remember visiting much at all.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I never paid much attention to the BIONICLE websites beyond '05 ish. Before that, I'd say it was at its peak before the massive redesign for '04. That's based on content more than anything else, because that redesign got rid of lots of epic stuff, in particular the Bohrok animations.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

So, we all know that in each generation of Bionicle, there has been different website designs, with different games and features.But which was your favourite?My favourite was the early Barraki website.I first discovered it when I was about 8 or something. I was roaming around the Lego website when I noticed it. Curious, I went in on it. Not sure how I got there, but IIRC, it was hidden or something.Cue my 8-year-old self being scared to heck by the old mini-game where you shine around a flashlight underwater as Barraki fly at your face and screech. I remember how much it made me jump. No-one else here ever seems to mention it, though, which is weird.
In the depths of the ocean...no one can hear you scream.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

So, we all know that in each generation of Bionicle, there has been different website designs, with different games and features.But which was your favourite?My favourite was the early Barraki website.I first discovered it when I was about 8 or something. I was roaming around the Lego website when I noticed it. Curious, I went in on it. Not sure how I got there, but IIRC, it was hidden or something.Cue my 8-year-old self being scared to heck by the old mini-game where you shine around a flashlight underwater as Barraki fly at your face and screech. I remember how much it made me jump. No-one else here ever seems to mention it, though, which is weird.
In the depths of the ocean...no one can hear you scream.
Unless you are drowning there yourself. :fear:I remember that teaser. :P Never scared me as much as the laughing Makuta from the Defeat of the Bohrok-Kal flash episode. Seriously, that freaked us out. :blink:-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I too have fond memories of the 2001-2003 site. I think it was the best the site ever was. I like how Aanchir put it - as a blend between in-universe story telling while still clearly being made to advertise sets.And those flash animations were pretty good.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I barely remember the original 2001 site. My favorite was Bionicle story, just for the story. The layout was weird. :P
Bioniclestory.com, in my opinion, failed to tell the story and introduce it to newer fans. I think it's just a confusing site. o_O
It did a pretty good job at summarizing all the story years, but I think it fails to explain the entirety. It's like "this happens and then this happens", but BIONICLE doesn't work like that. Things like why Makuta overthrew Mata Nui aren't explained there.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I barely remember the original 2001 site. My favorite was Bionicle story, just for the story. The layout was weird. :P
Bioniclestory.com, in my opinion, failed to tell the story and introduce it to newer fans. I think it's just a confusing site. o_O
It did a pretty good job at summarizing all the story years, but I think it fails to explain the entirety. It's like "this happens and then this happens", but BIONICLE doesn't work like that. Things like why Makuta overthrew Mata Nui aren't explained there.-Gata signoff.png
By story, I meant the serials. XD

By story, I meant the serials. XD
That's not really the website's fault, though. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png