Bionicle In Theatres

Alyska

Low-budget is overdoing it. A medium budget would be good, but not something like Avatar or Battlefield 3 (it's a game, I know, but still). I sort of agree with the Mortal Kombat thing, but LEGO ought to put a decent amount of marketing out there. For the story, it could potentially be a new universe rather than the one we are in. A "pocket dimension", as some call it. Get Pixar to do it, without humans, and with Bionicle story staff at it too. And it could really start off at 2001 for the dimension. Or perhaps Voya Nui, which I think is better. It was an introduction for us all, and doing a movie for Voya Nui would be epic. Or, rather, it could be an all new story, but I'm not sure if today's fanbase will like it... EDIT: I'm really, really down with Voya Nui, though. And for the Toa, Turaga, and Metrutoran, there could be a sort of reintroduction, like a brief discussion on previous attempts or a Turaga Vakama story. Plus, putting the Piraka in there = Win. Perhaps, the reintro could be their retelling from reading Mangaian scripts or undercover info. And I could totally see them cursing each other off like gangstas. Making them gangsta = WIN. But since this is Pixar, cursing is out. Unless we have live-action CGI a la Transformers without the Michael Bay. And then again, no one liked the Transformers cursing. I guess we could do without.

Edited by SonicBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

I always thought 2008 would have been great as a tv-series... but only if the Karda Nui battle would have been made more realistic (why the heck didn't the Makuta take a SINGLE Rahkshi with them? They have to conquer the core of the universe and they don't send any infantry) and there was a lot of focus on the story serials, also expanding on the actual battles in the Destiny War. As a movie, I would love it if the animation was like in Bionicle Heroes (but more detailed of course), by which I mean the parts should be completely recognizable but they should look weathered and damaged, the voice acting was good and the writing of the dialogue didn't make you cringe and want to say "yes it sounds odd but..." when watching it together with people who don't know Bionicle (that well). There should be a few movies about the known story arcs*, cutting away stuff that's really not relevant but sticking true to the original story and streamlining it a bit (making minor retcons to fix parts of the story that seemed logical when they were introduced but grew to feel odd later on). It could be a bit more mature, in having the Toa be prepared to kill if necessary, but still trying to solve things peacefully (well, Gali at least). What I mean is that, say, Jaller should be prepared to kill the Piraka but would not do so out of "I'm an action hero and I can do whatever I want" arrogance. He would also not kill them in a very gruesome or sadistic way. It should also really be narrated, possibly in text form ("Wall of History, chronicle 17, verse 26 (ok maybe that sounds a bit too much like the Bible, but it does lend it some feeling of authenticity): ... Chronicled by Takua."), because some details would really need explaining. The Great Beings could also be mostly left out, just spoken of as mythical people by the matoran, and maybe found in a "alright we achieved our main plot goal, but what does this conveniently suddenly exposed library/secret masterplan/conspiracy mean?" moment in the end, giving a sort of ominous "was that really what is was all about, or is there something more...?" kind of feeling. *The only part I think that should be cut out altogether is Mahri Nui, unless the transition from Voya Nui to the ocean would be executed very well and didn't feel that forced. All in all, it could be done well, but that would be relatively unlikely even if the movie(s) was/were made at all.

I think a "modernized" reboot of the series would be pretty good. If that ever did happen, It should be similar to "Ultimate Spider-Man" in the sense that anything can happen. For example Tahu could be reimagined as a young biker with great talent and an affinity for fire. As for how it should be done, I for one believe all the Toa, matoran, Makuta, etc. should be portrayed as human looking robots and the rahi, bohrok, should look like animals and robots respectively. That's just my two cents

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I think a "modernized" reboot of the series would be pretty good. If that ever did happen, It should be similar to "Ultimate Spider-Man" in the sense that anything can happen. For example Tahu could be reimagined as a young biker with great talent and an affinity for fire. As for how it should be done, I for one believe all the Toa, matoran, Makuta, etc. should be portrayed as human looking robots and the rahi, bohrok, should look like animals and robots respectively. That's just my two cents

I apologize if I offend you, but oh, God, no. Please. They'd totally butcher something like that.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I personally would not like that. It sounds quite a bit like what Tohkann is doing with B:NG, and quite a few people like that, so maybe your idea has some promise, though.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I posted a list of things Michael Bay would do in a Bionicle movie in the old topic, but I think some of you would appreciate it, so here it is again:

-Roodaka doing unmentionable things to Vakama.-Solek doing unmentionable things to Kopaka's leg.-The camera doing unmentionable things to Gali's backside.-Pohatu and Lewa reduced to crude racial stereotypes with bad teeth.-Explosions-Onua will be a cantankerous, hunchbacked old man with a Cockney accent. He will also be the only likeable character in the movie, until he sacrifices himself to save Tahu and is never mentioned again.-Large spherical objects suspended underneath the MU robot.-Explosions-Teridax will look like an enormous artichoke.-The battle scenes will look like they were created by a kid with a magnet and a pile of iron filings. And some explosions.-Matau in a G-string.-Explosions-Gali will quit after the first two movies because she's sick of Michael Bay's camera doing unmentionable things to her backside.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I posted a list of things Michael Bay would do in a Bionicle movie in the old topic, but I think some of you would appreciate it, so here it is again:

-Solek doing unmentionable things to Kopaka's leg.

-Matau in a G-string.

o_o.In all seriousness, to develop Bionicle better for older audiances, the focus should probably be on 2003 (later part) and 2005 onwards. Specifically 2005 and 2007, which seem to be the darkest years of the series. 2007 if portrayed in the right light could work well as a thriller/sci-fi (I think you get the gist from the Mahri commercial), with the only contraint being making the underwater theme look nice. 2008 would also work as a sci-fi, as that is where the series reached its peak in terms of being a science fiction series. The Legend Reborn had so much potential as a good movie, but it was made too childish by the portrayals of Kina and Tuma. That whole theme of Bara Magna, summarized by the book Raid on Vulcanus, would work very well as a movie.

I think a bionicle movie has lots of untapped potential but only if done correctly i.e sticking to the plot, correct characters, not trying to cram all the sagas into one movie. Maybe they could adjust the movie to be a little more directed to older fans. Personally I think the technology James Cameron used for Avatar would be an ideal way to create the characters. Have actual actors and use computers to make them more bio mechanical.

It can be pulled off, if they somehow combine the entire storyline from 2001 to last year (with NO changes), did it in amazing CGI with awesome special effects (maybe in 3D), and the fact that many kids these days just love special effects and basically anything animated, meaning they'll wilingly watch this even if they don't even know what Lego is.If they had pulled off a feat like this, and got awesome reviews for the movie, this would increase the sales of their sets. If they made the movie, Bionicle wouldn't have been discontinued (marketing-wise). I'd happily watch it on IMAX. As long as it doesn't go Twilight....

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

-Roodaka doing unmentionable things to Vakama.-Solek doing unmentionable things to Kopaka's leg.-The camera doing unmentionable things to Gali's backside.-Pohatu and Lewa reduced to crude racial stereotypes with bad teeth.-Explosions-Onua will be a cantankerous, hunchbacked old man with a Cockney accent. He will also be the only likeable character in the movie, until he sacrifices himself to save Tahu and is never mentioned again.-Large spherical objects suspended underneath the MU robot.-Explosions-Teridax will look like an enormous artichoke.-The battle scenes will look like they were created by a kid with a magnet and a pile of iron filings. And some explosions.-Matau in a G-string.-Explosions-Gali will quit after the first two movies because she's sick of Michael Bay's camera doing unmentionable things to her backside.

Ah yes, I remember that list. Hilarious :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I apologize if I offend you, but oh, God, no. Please. They'd totally butcher something like that.
I dunno, that actually sounds like a cool idea. A modern Bionicle? Lego's probably making it even as we speak. :P

mnog3d_banner.jpg

"A fully explorable 3D version of the original island of Mata Nui is being developed. Copy this signature to support the project!"

I feel that Bionicle is a franchise that could work as a movie maybe a decade down the line... so that it actually feels like its a thing for the average moviegoer, and not just a final-breath for the old fans...The G.I.Joe film worked this way, though fingers-crossed Bionicle would just sort itself better...

If George Lucas directed it, then the third movie would have a sudden dark turn and main character turning evil for no adequacy explained reason...OH WAIT

Don't be too sure... I think "Web of Shadows" pretty much did Lucas' work for him. Edited by Mayeur Donz
Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

If George Lucas directed it, then the third movie would have a sudden dark turn and main character turning evil for no adequacy explained reason...OH WAIT

Don't be too sure... I think "Web of Shadows" pretty much did Lucas' work for him.
thats_the_joke.jpgAnyway, I stand by my belief that a theatrical Bionicle movies simply would not work, and has no chance of ever being made.

Simpe way for humans to be in a BIONICLE Movie. MAKE THEM THE GREAT BEINGS..

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

• 2 weeks later...

A Bionicle movie has the highest chance of being made if the Lego movie is a success and they want to do spin-offs. Lego's film is being filmed/animated by an Australian studio, which will probably be responsible for future projects if they do a good job......which means......HughJackmanasPohatuHughJackmanasPohatuHughJackManPohatuPohathughPohathughwheeeeeeeeeeee....... [/crazy_fangirl]

A Bionicle movie has the highest chance of being made if the Lego movie is a success and they want to do spin-offs. Lego's film is being filmed/animated by an Australian studio, which will probably be responsible for future projects if they do a good job......which means......HughJackmanasPohatuHughJackmanasPohatuHughJackManPohatuPohathughPohathughwheeeeeeeeeeee....... [/crazy_fangirl]

Is this LEGO movie going to be serious or a comedy of some sort? Because if they make a theatrical BIONICLE movie, it had better not be for the 7-12 year olds. Edited by The Beninator

A Bionicle movie aimed at 7-12 yer old kids? What are you, nuts?It's going to be a romantic comedy aimed at middle-aged women!Kidding, kidding. I think a talented filmmaker could make a movie that appeals to both kids and adults. If you're making a movie based on a toyline, and it doesn't appeal to kids, it's not going to do very well. You want to make your audience as broad as possible.

A Bionicle movie aimed at 7-12 yer old kids? What are you, nuts?It's going to be a romantic comedy aimed at middle-aged women!Kidding, kidding. I think a talented filmmaker could make a movie that appeals to both kids and adults. If you're making a movie based on a toyline, and it doesn't appeal to kids, it's not going to do very well. You want to make your audience as broad as possible.

Well, the Transformers movies were based off of a toyline, and they aren't really geared toward kids....I'd personally love to see a two hour long BIONICLE film with awesome animation, voice acting, and action in theaters. I'd also like it to be a bit darker than the films we have now. There is certainly material in the BIONICLE story that if converted to a movie correctly, such as Dark Mirror, could be geared to 13+, while still remaining clean (BIONICLE has always been a clean series, and I don't want that to change....).Still, at the moment the chances of a BIONICLE theatrical release is out of question. However, it could be possible several years from now....

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well, the Transformers movies were based off of a toyline, and they aren't really geared toward kids....
Transformers has a massive adult following. Bionicle has...BZPower and that's about it.

Also, while the Transformers films were mostly geared towards adults, a lot of kids went to see them and enjoyed them. I would question the ethics of marketing such a film while cartoons that six year olds watch were on, but that was what they did, and it worked.The second film wasn't sure who it was aimed at. Michael Bay claimed that characters like Mudflap and Skids were aimed at children, but many of the jokes and language in the film just weren't appropriate for kids at all.Now, I don't mind the odd naughty joke in a kids' film, as long as it's subtle and clever. Classic example: In the first Shrek film, when the characters see Lord Farquaad's very tall tower, and Shrek remarks that he's "compensating for something". I found that funny as a kid, because I assumed they were referring to his height, and it's just as funny now that I'm an adult. But unsubtle, in-your-face "I am beneath the enemy's wrecking balls" ? No. Just... no.And he didn't even have the decency to use the term "wrecking balls"!

It can be pulled off, if they somehow combine the entire storyline from 2001 to last year (with NO changes), did it in amazing CGI with awesome special effects (maybe in 3D)

Threeeeeeee Deeeeeeee...EPICPiraka+movie+gangsta=me fainting in happinessI can see it now, the ruthless gang uncovering ancient tablets in the Mangaia, setting up background story while being plain awesome. Then it cuts to the seven Turaga's bad news and *faints*Sorry? I kinda got overexcited.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

It would be awesome to another Bionicle movie, especially one in theaters. But I probably wouldn't go to theaters because of prices nowadays, lol. Also, I think the Legends of Metru-Nui would have been a bit of an event in theaters, to be honest.But what I'd want to see in a new Bionicle movie would be a backstory for Lesovikk. His team, of course, being the first, it would be an interesting story to cross over. And I'm not so sure if I'd like to see 3D, to be honest. Also, a summary of the whole story in one movie would be awesome (including scenes from the old movies they released), about two hours long, at least.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I don't think it would have worked. For one, the great graphics fans want can be expensive. Secondly, Not enough people know Bionicle to make such a movie profitable. And I personally liked the direct-to-DVD Bionicle movies. Ah, well.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

It would be awesome to another Bionicle movie, especially one in theaters. But I probably wouldn't go to theaters because of prices nowadays, lol. Also, I think the Legends of Metru-Nui would have been a bit of an event in theaters, to be honest.But what I'd want to see in a new Bionicle movie would be a backstory for Lesovikk. His team, of course, being the first, it would be an interesting story to cross over. And I'm not so sure if I'd like to see 3D, to be honest. Also, a summary of the whole story in one movie would be awesome (including scenes from the old movies they released), about two hours long, at least.

Two hours? That is no where near long enough for the entire story. I felt LoMN should have been about two hours!

Two hours? That is no where near long enough for the entire story. I felt LoMN should have been about two hours!
Well, either that or split the movie into two movies. Five years for each movie, anyone? :P But, anyway, you might be right. If it were any longer, however, I don't think a lot of people would have a huge amount of interest in it, at that point. =/

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Well, either that or split the movie into two movies. Five years for each movie, anyone? :P But, anyway, you might be right. If it were any longer, however, I don't think a lot of people would have a huge amount of interest in it, at that point. =/
You could make like four movies, each one like three hours. I really don't think the BIONICLE story could be condensed more without changing it greatly.I probably wouldn't be able to sit through something like that, though.

You could make like four movies, each one like three hours. I really don't think the BIONICLE story could be condensed more without changing it greatly.I probably wouldn't be able to sit through something like that, though.
They already did, but they weren't that length. And neither could I, which would probably be the problem. In order to summarize Bionicle in movies, you'd have to make it three hours. And let's face it, not a lot of people would like to sit through that. =|

slipped away...

Well, I would like to see it in cinemas. As for the story, 2006-2007.To me, that's when Bionicle started to get darker and edgier, seeing as the Toa Inika/Mahri had the fate of the world rest upon their shoulders. It also deeply saddens me that Matoro, a character that packed such an influence to the Matoran, Toa and even the fanbase alike due to his sacrifice, didn't get to star in a movie at all.Although I don't think it's going to be that popular, seeing as the plot is already too thick by then. Well, maybe it could work out if done well.As for the story:2006- Begin with Piraka, tricking the Matoran into working for them and turning them into slave- Jaller gathers team and heads out to rescue Toa Nuva and save Mata Nui (Toa Nuva rescue plot could be scrapped if running out of time)- Turaga assemble, and Nokama tells them that she had explained everything to Jaller- Maybe a shortened version of Karzahni, maybe just a few minutes long for Jaller and co. to find Toa Canisters and depart to Voya Nui. Karzahni appearing in the movie could be a cool bonus too.- Red lightning. Can't have a 2006 movie without the red star shooting of lightning. Pretty sure it had something to do with their name too.- The Toa Inika emerge out of the canisters and are found by the Matoran Resistance Team- Maybe a little fight scene, or montage on Toa honing their skills- The team splits up, one team to rescue the Toa Nuva while the other team finds the Ignika (Idea could be scrapped if rescue plot was scrapped)- Huge battle with the Piraka, maybe with tons of explosions if fans are fond of those things- Axonn and Brutaka could be removed, depends on the length and/or budget.- The two groups meet up (Scrappable) and they venture down the staircase- Puzzles, oh God the puzzles! Maybe just one or two, and only showing the Toa's side to cut down on time.- Fight with Umbra may/may not be removed. He's not much of an influence to the plot in my books.- Vezon, the automatic fan favourite. Seriously, if they make a 2006 movie without him I'm going to rip a few heads open- Matoro grabbing the maskThen it could be three alternate endings, depending on whether or not their making a 2007 movie:- Mask flies off and goes into the ocean, followed by Toa Inika. The screen then fades to black, maybe giving a hint on the 2007 movie- Matoro wears the mask, saving his friends and Mata Nui in the process. This will only happen if they're not going to make a sequel.- Movie ends there. Period.Well, these are my two cents. Maybe someone else could think up of the plots for the other years?

Edited by Festus