The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "In the SKY! But how would you get up there? And how would you keep it there? Oh, but silly me, I don't know anything. I mean, I remember this one toa on the Northern Continent who made this really awesome flying fortress. Then it crashed. Still don't know why. Something about the toa of gravity holding it up falling asleep."She stopped, then pointed past Sacoran. "Hey look, we have some company!" What odd beings! The one looked almost like a makuta, with a massive body - though the chances of the Shepherds catching a Makuta were slim to none, so this must be something else. The other was a female, and looked like a toa, but.... not quite. Something was off. "And they look friendly!" she finished off. OOC: I forgot that she was incompetent. No more highly logical attempts to make peace, I guess. Must have been a moment of clarity. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC - Nostala - Shadowtangle: They were nearing the edge of the forest now; Nostala could see the fortress through the trees. A slight nervousness was beginning to form, though she ignored it. The Artanian looked at Orssa and paused before continuing into the open. She scanned his face and then nodded, mostly to assure herself that she was ready. Together, they pushed through the bushes and stepped out into the open area, in the field of vision of the group of beings who had created the fortress (she assumed.) To her slight disappointment, they were no longer fighting, though she did not show the emotion. They continued forward again and then stopped a short distance away, waiting to be noticed."If anything starts to go wrong, turn us both intangible," she whispered to her partner. "But do it discreetly."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Kairan/Stony Leap==- Kairan reached the edge of Shadowtangle after a little bit, and looked over as he saw Nostala and Orssa entering view of the others. Kairan frowned slightly, but noticed that the people from the fortress seemed hopefully focused on Nostala for the moment, and then attempted to dash toward the underside of the bridge, inwardly hoping that Plagia was following, as he didn't really want to wait for the other Toa of Lightning to catch up, not now.

OOC: Er, what part of the island did she exactly just jump off of?

Jontan/Shadowtangle\IC: Jontan had just reached Reya when she suddenly dropped from before his eyes. Before he knew what was happening, he was plummeting after her, all of the sand that had been in motion toppling over the edge with him. He grabbed Reya's leg in the air below him and jerked her up to where he was falling. "I... am going to kill you."

Trian and Felix/ Parched Wastes\IC: It didn't take long for Felix to cover the distance, and he and his mistress found themselves at the ruin just in time to see Hexxon disappear only bio in front of them. "What the karzahni!" Trian yelled to no one in particular. Sighing, she slid off Felix and leaned against the wall. "Do you smell anyone Felix?" The muaka nodded and mentally transmitted that he indeed still smelled their attacker within the ruins, along with another, unidentified being. With a growl, he leaped up through the second story wall, heedless of the lack of stability in the structure.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Plagia - Shadowtangle Plagia looked forward to see Kairan sprinting in front of her. She smiled. An extra pair of paws would be useful. She kept running until she saw the fortress come into view. It was even more magnificent up close, but she didn't have time to marvel right now. Plagia needed to get to work. She gripped her knife and drove it hard into a nearby tree trunk. She took it out and drove it in again. And again, until it was good and loose. She turned back to Kairan, 'You know, you can help too.' IC: Rynekk - Shadowtangle Rynekk grabbed hold of the last bough and hurled himself up, balancing on the narrow branch. It was a good thing he didn't have a fear of heights, he realized. Fortunately, this tree gave him a sweeping view of the battlefield. It was magnificent place, even the fortress. It made him sad that it would soon come down. Rynekk checked down and spotted Nostala and Orssa heading for the bridge. So far, so good. -Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap?: Nostala eased out of Orssa's grip, walking forward a couple of steps. She gripped her staff tightly as she walked, observing the group. She stopped after moving forward a few feet."Whose fortress is this?" she called.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC Klax - Fortress - Talking: Klax turned to the new being, holding both his swords tight in his hands, he spoke to the new arrival. "This fortress would be ours, me, and the Toa of fire behind me. What do you want with it?" he asked, readying himself for battle if this new arrival was a less-than-friendly one. -Klax

-==IC: Kairan/Edge of Shadowtangle and Stony Leap==-Kairan paused, and looked back, and then nodded, as he ran back, and then attempted to slash at the tree with any claws he had, though he wasn't exactly too sure of the extent of the disguise and all. If needed, hopefully he could shift back to his normal form, but since it would be best to keep the disguise up, he was going to attempt to stay this way as long as he could, with luck.

IC: Orssa: Stony Leap: "They don't look friendly.." Orssa murmmered as he prepared for the worse. IC: Xiphos: Stony Leap: Xiphos saw the newcomers, one largely resembling a makuta and a wolf-like toa. He rushed himself to make a spring crossbow, capable of launching projectiles. He materialized a spring, a base, and the crude projectiles. He snapped the base and spring together. The projectiles fit in perfectly. Now he had to just test them out. IC: Urik(Xephos): Shadowtangle: After gutting 3 or 4 ganfas and had a decent meal, Urik got the attention of a Protodermis Burnak. He offered it some Gafna scraps, which it took. The Burnak came closer to him, and began to snuggle with him. Urik now had a new ally.

Edited by Rakata

IC: Plagia - Shadowtangle/Stony Leap With one last burst of effort, Plagia finished off weakening the trunk of the...she couldn't remember how trees it had been. How many did they need again? She shook her head and checked the situation. Negotiations were gong well so far, but things could always change in an instant. She holstered her knife and grabbed her bow and arrow. Plagia turned to Kairan, 'Find Magnus. Tell him the trees on this side are ready, just in case. And make sure Rynekk's okay, will you?' The Toa notched her arrow, aiming it at the approaching diplomats. OOC: Last post of the nights guys. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan nodded, and took off toward the meeting place quickly, using all four legs to get there faster, though he panted as he ran, not used to the effort. It was a while longer than he recalled on the way there, however, he kept running, and eventually saw parts of the forest he recognized, and slowed his pace, as he approached the site where they had been.

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "Hey! Stop being all whispery! It's very impolite!" shouted Irriane. She crossed her arms and stared forward. "And what of the fort?" she asked. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: I always imagined that they were on the eastern side of Shadowtangle. So she jumped into the eastern section of the sea. IC: Shadowtangle/Sea ''Not a chance.'' Reya said. One tentacle twisted around the arm that held her and worked the Toa free. The other three moved around Jontan, attempting to smack/sqeeze him. Reya, now free, took another gulp of air, and a wave under her command swallowed her up, bringing her underwater. IC: Shadowtangle After weakening seven trees, Rocky lowered himself to the ground to rest his tired paws a little. Meanwhile, Greel withdrew the two daggers he carried to begin cutting the next one. OOC: @ Emissary: His name is actually just ''Greel''. ;) IC: Parched Wastes Busy mentally probing the stranger's mind, Hexxon hadn't detected Trian's or Felix's minds, but her shouting did get his attention. So when Felix smashed through a wall, he was prepared. The building wasn't strong enough to support all of the Muaka's weight, and started cracking. The Toa acted swiftly, slamming his feet hard on the ground, causing it to collapse beneath them. However, Hexxon was able to escape the falling floor by shifting his gaze out the window and teleporting, leaving Felix to descend to the room below.He reappeared on the roof of the building across from the previous. The Toa of Psionics glared down at Trian. The fools! Their presence and violent entry into the ruins was sure to catch the approaching stranger's attention. IC: Ashring Vertan let out a loud grunt of pain as Shanrahk slammed into him. However, he managed to grab onto the flying Rahkshi, but his heaviness was causing them to rapidly descend. The crimson Skakdi took advantage of the situation to begin hitting Shanrahk with his spiked mace. OOC: Probably the last post today.

OOC: And I imagined we we closer to the left side. But in any case, you realize how far of a drop that is?

Jontan/Off the Coast\IC: Jontan was rather thankful that a lot of sand had gone off with him, and he was able to block the tentacles with it. He was also thankful that the ocean floor consisted primarily of sand, and thus he was able to form a small island to keep himself from drowning. He extended it to where Reya was, and caused the ocean sand to form around her. At this point, he'd even leave her alive, but he needed to obtain the cache.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Felix leaped out of the building's ruin and again charged toward Hexxon, but was forced by Trian to stand down. Growling, the muaka stood ready to pounce. Trian glared up at Hexxon and said, "Just give us the mask and the staff, and we'll stop chasing you. Or we can kill you now. Best yet, how about you join us? We could always use another person to keep only half an eye on."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledge rushed in behind Trian, saying, "He won't surrender. He's one of Team Patronage! That's why he's after us, no doubt!" OOC: Last post of the night. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC:Urik(Xephos): Shadowtangle: Urik and his new companion were sitting by a small grove of trees. Urik wanted to get a start on transportation, so he began to chop down the trees with his sword. Hewanted to build a small cart so he could carry more equiptment.

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: Nostala nodded, though didn't say anything. "Right," she said to the group of beings. "Sorry; just trying to get my bearings together. My name is Nostala; I come on behalf of my group of allies. Just as you are, we're trapped on this island, and as such have been forced to ally ourselves with beings that we wouldn't be associated with in any other situation." She paused. "To get straight to the point, we couldn't help but notice that your fortress currently blocks the only path we know of that we can use to get from this half of the island to that one. Suffice to say, that poses a problem for us, as we're trying to head that way, primarily due to the monsters that we've had to fend off in this forest for the past few weeks." She let that sink in. "So; I guess the question is, would you be willing to let us through peacefully, and possibly further, would you be willing to establish a temporary alliance of sorts to lengthen both of our groups' survival? Needless to say, I'm sure both groups are capable of handling their own -- our mere, continued existence is evidence of that -- but as they say, there is strength in numbers."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Wait, is Sledge spacing out, or did I miss something with Hexxon being Patronage?

Trian/Parched Wastes\IC: "He what? Well, that's even more of a reason for us to beat the living karzahni out of him," replied Trian. She had no idea about the assassin within the ruins, likely about to kill her.

OOC: Sledge believes Hexxon is Patronage - wrongly, obviously - because he attacked, tried to claim an object the Shepherds knew about, and also tried to capture him rather than kill him. IC: Sledge / Parched Wastes Sledge advanced on their opponent. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "Well they want bridge too! We gonna make bridge." replied Irriane, smiling.She frowned. "Not now. He's tired. Fighting does that to you. You ever fight, get tired, and need to rest?"OOC: Last post of the morning... to school! -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- After a little more running, Kairan reached the place where Greel was, and slowly walked up to him. He tried to think of a way to communicate what he needed to, without switching the disguise off or blowing any covers, and just decided on attempting to draw a rough picture of what had happened, and what he was trying to ask. Whether that'd work or not, he had no clue.

OOC: So which part of the island should we say we're on? And was the height of the drop specified? IC: Sea Jontan had made a horrible mistake of following her into the sea. Reya manipulated the waters, making them turn and spin. The forming sand stood no chance; the churning water dissipated the sand walls. Then she disturbed the water near Jontan and his little island, building up a large wave to sweep him away. OOC: Is Jontan really going this far just for a single cache? IC: Shadowtangle Greel halted his work as the disguised Kairan approached. He watched his partner try to draw out a message, and could roughly make it out. He nodded. ''I'm almost done here; Rocky is about to do the next set.'' he said, motioning to his pet. At first, Rocky thought that Kairan was a meal that had unluckily came upon a larger animal - him. But now he could tell it was a friend of his master by the Toa's scent. The lion-like Rahi then moved on to continue weakening trees, with Greel accompanying him. IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon smirked at the beings below. ''Poor little slaves; so confident in your threats. Yes, you did have the body, but you failed to loot it before another came to do so. And the staff was open and untouched. They are mine now... why come all this way to get them?'' He looked at his new mask and weapon, somewhat eager to see their powers. ''You think I'm part of that killing group called Team Patronage? Well... '' The red and vermillion-armored Toa shifted his gaze away from Trian, Felix, and the approaching Sledge. He sensed that the stranger was so close now. He didn't need to stop the Iron Toa. He would likely hurt himself trying to get up here before he could get to Hexxon on the roof. He continued to look away from the group. ''... you might just find out how wrong you are.''

Trian/Parched Wastes\IC:"I have no idea what you mean 'How wrong we are,' but I do know that those two items are valuable to survival," sad Trian. She stood still and closed her eyes, searching for nearby rahi. A few sand worms were attacking a group a quarter of a kio away. Much closer, however, was a much better option. Indeed, sand screamers would work rather nicely for this job.Leaving Felix to his own devices, she reached out to take hold of the underground nest. The creatures, numbering about a dozen, responded to the call of meat instantly. In about thirty seconds, Hexxon would find himself being attack by their vicious claws and teeth.Felix decided to keep him busy while his master assumedly summoned something else to help. Thus, he reverted to his normal fashion of charging, leaping, and slashing.

OOC: Alright, well, these creatures were never described physically, but their known traits make them sound raptor-esqe. Thus, I shall be treating them like a type of burrowing raptor. Editing with a response for Jontan. In the meantime, an explanation for his actions: To him, this isn't a matter of what is necessarily in the caches, but the fact that whatever is in there will help him survive, and his pride. His twisted feeling of pride is that if he is defeated (even meaning that his target gets away without his consent), then he is worthless. So there, a lesson on what goes on in his mind.

OOC: xD Yeah, I figured Rocky might think Kairan a snack initially. =P-==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==-Kairan nodded, and then started to head back toward where the bridge was, but looked up, as he tried to find where Rynekk was quickly, though he knew he had to hurry; those negotiations might take a turn for the worse with every second he spent back here.

IC: From a nearby cluster of dilapidated walls and false temples, four pairs of eyes watched the fight unfold. Blinding White hadn't arrived yet, and Kuy'saz'ra was watching sand fall from the rock to the ground. "Which one do we take out first?" asked Laelius. "The Blacksmith," said Jaxenia, "He's the one we're after, and arguably the most dangerous." Aderyn took aim with his sling, with a rock ball as ammo so Sledge couldn't sense it coming, "Just say the word..."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Hey Skarloth, I don't believe I ever got a response from Oura with having needles flung down upon him.

Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Just before he was about to pounce, Felix stopped dead in his tracks. Both ears twitched repeatedly, and he was sniffing rapidly. With a growl, the muaka leaped in front of Trian, ready to protect her from the new arrivals.

Jontan/Sea\IC: No, she must die... she must. Jontan concentrated his powers of the ocean floor of the shallow water. Stirring up sand was, indeed, more difficult than stirring up water, but he was part elemental, and enjoying that fact at the moment. He caused the sand underneath to rise in thick walls around them, cutting off Reya's source of water, and began pulling more sand in, constantly send razor blasts of it through the water at his opponent. OOC: I'm imagining the water isn't more than two bio deep on average, seeing as we're right beside the island.

IC: Parched Wastes The sight of a dozen Rahi, surprisingly, didn't frighten Hexxon. No, thirty seconds was more than enough time to disguise his presence from all around, and then teleport to another rooftop. He almost smiled at his elusive nature, but something stopped him. It was the presence of more minds in the near area, all of which were intelligent ones. Who were they - friends of that stranger? He certainly was with them. A mental reading wasn't needed to tell who they were: four members of that Team Patronage he discovered in the mind of the stranger. He quickly peered into one of their minds to find the group's goal. It didn't take long at all. The capture of Sledge. No, they couldn't. That meant losing the gauntlet for good. And he wanted that weapon so much... even if he needed to help Sledge to get it. IC: Sea Reya used the water around her to deflect the blasts. Jontan had a flaw in his plan: the sand was wet. She used that advantage to free herself. The Water Toa drew all the moisture from them, bringing it and the water she was in together into a compacted projectile. After sending the newly created weapon at Jontan, Reya reached out wth her power to the water behind the walls. It cleaved through the dry sand walls and back to Reya, scooping her up and bringing her away to deeper water. OOC: Last post for a long while.

OOC: I was just about to say they hadn't appeared yet when I remembered mind reading. XD

Jontan/Sea\IC: Jontan had just as much control over wet sand as he did over dry, albeit having to fight against Reya's control of the water in the sand. But still, he was able to keep the water out, constantly rebuilding what was washed away. More and more sand built up around them, and though more water was pouring in through the multiple breaches, the sand was constantly also growing in volume. Jontan directed it to try and suffocate his opponent, beat her down, destroy her.

Trian/Parched Wastes\IC: Trian swore mentally as she realized her plan had been found out. She really needed to practice closing her mind. Noting Felix's sudden behavior, she quickly found out that he smelled multiple scents, though was unable to discern how many. At least one of them said something about attacking Sledge. Thus, she changed the swarm's course and positioned it near where their soon-to-be attackers were. At the first movement, the rahi would burst from the ground and attack.

IC: "Do it," said Jaxenia. Aderyn bared his teeth in a broad grin and unleashed the rock bullet. He was using his wind powers to help it along, give it speed, power, and accuracy. It would strike Sledge in the forehead with just enough force to render him unconscious, but not enough to actually kill him. Aderyn had had plenty of practise at getting that just right

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Felix saw the projectile with his sharp vision and darted into its path, swatting it to the ground. He proceeded to charge toward the enemy. Trian took this as her queue and commanded the sand screamers to attack. The dozen of them immediately burst from the ground and began to claw, bite, and generally attempt to maim Team Patronage. "Maybe those sand worms will be needed..." Trian mused to herself, mentally prodding said rahi to come.

IC: Sledge / Parched Waste Sledge shouted "Blast it! He must have summoned himself some friends! Death to Patronage!" "Better now than never..." he thought. The gauntlet pulsed as he summoned forth a large, golden colored shield. With that, he charged forward in the same direction the Rahi were going. OOC: I would argue the one with control over Rahi is the most dangerous outdoors. O_O IC: Irriane / Stony Leap "Swim?" she said, frowning. "But its so-o-o far down. And there are jagged spikes. They'll be dead, and I can't heal dead people. Or, I don't think I can. Never tried... Maybe I should attempt it one day." IC: Arillan / Stony Leap Arillan took his only chance as all opponents looked away. Rushing out from the Shadowtangle, he activated the full power of the Crast whilst using a wind blast to further push himself back. He cleared great distance, but not nearly enough to get over Stony Leap - he was at least fifty Bio off. Aiming his fall to land as near the other side as he could, he activated his mask again just as he neared the water. As soon as he bounced over to the edge, he repulsed up as high as he could to grab on and begin climbing. It would be a long climb, but it was the easiest way to cross with Stony Leap blocked. And the Shadowtangle had far too many adversaries... IC: Levacius / Toothy Bane Cove Levacius had, of course, not mentioned two parts of the ship to his companions - a small, smugglers hold to place any cargo he chose as his own on the lower deck, and in his own cabin a nice little location right behind his empty picture frame. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: Sorry Magnus Greel, I was really tired. IC: Plagia - Stony Leap Plagia kept her arrow trained on the enemy diplomats, watching for the slightest sign of aggression. She could feel her heart beating in her temples. How much linger could this take? IC: Rynekk - Stony Leap Rynekk watched the negotiations go on uninterrupted. Not for the first time, he wished he could hear what was going on. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a streak of grey. Had he been spotted? No, it was just Kairan. He could spot him out of any crowd of actual wolves. But how to signal him? Rynekk made a slight knocking sound on the branch, hoping to draw his attention. Maybe wolf-hearing abilities came with the mask. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Just to say, Kairan is more a green coloured wolf right now, but I bet there is some grey in there, due to the disguise mask half-working. =P -==IC: Kairan/Shadowtangle==- Kairan's audio receptor heard the tap, and twitched the ear like he figured a normal wolf would, and then looked up, and nodded at Rynekk, as he saw him. He didn't think that Plagia had wanted to actually give a message to Rynekk, but waited in case Rynekk wanted him to deliver any message.

OOC: So, he not going to stop chasing Reya until she's dead or given him the cache? And what about that water projectile she hurled at Jontan? IC: Sea In order to escape the death trap Jontan was building, Reya summoned all availiable water in the area, all well as Elemental Water energy, to create a column of the liquid that sent her high in the air. And when the height and timing were right, she leapt from the support and over the sand walls, also having another wave carry her away. OOC: @ Emissary: Oh, that's okay. I understand. :) IC: Shadowtangle They had finished. Enough trees had been weakened to cause some damage to the fortress if needed. Now Greel rode upon Rocky's back as they moved into a shadowy spot to remain hidden. All he had to do was wait and watch. IC: Parched Wastes Hexxon waited above until Team Patronage would act. Then Sledge would be in real trouble. He knew they wouldn't be able to defeat the Toa group, and that's when he would make his move. Until then, he continued to hide on the roof as they fought below. OOC: Possibly the last post for now.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC Klax - Fortress - Creating a new bridge: "All we wanted was a base of operations, a safe house from the Rahi and other captives, now that we have that, I don't see why there cannot be another bridge to allow travelers to... well... travel." Klax turned around, and sheathed both his swords, extending both his hands to work on the new-bridge-to-be. He looked at the Fortress, a spiky square of death and metal, Klax decided that creating a bridge of new metal would be better than taking from their Fortress. He decided the new bridge would be five feet wide, and just enough feet long to span the stretch of the canyon, with four foot long spikes on each end to penetrate the ground; just so the bridge wouldn't move. He levitated his creation into the air, and placed it thirty yards from the Fortress, planting it into the ground on both sides of the canyon; all that was left behind was a clean, new bridge. "There, safe passage across the canyon," Klax said, looking around the area that was a battle field not that long ago. OOC: There, problem solved. IC Oura - Shadowtangle - Looking for Reya: Oura's new armor prevented any of the needles from penetrating into his body, as they bounced off harmlessly. Oura just barely noticed this, and took cover within the brush of the forest, as he quickly began to think his way out of the situation. He needed to find Reya, wherever she was, hopefully that sand Toa hadn't killed her, that was the last thing they needed at this time. -Oura

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: Well... That was unexpected. "Very well," the Artanian said, nodding. "That seems like a reasonable solution to me." She bowed. "Thank you; we'll make our passage quick." She turned back to Shadowtangle, whistling to signal that the way was clear.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==- Once more, Kairan's ear twitched, as he heard the whistle, and then nodded. He then ran off toward the fortress, as he wondered what had happened; if they had allied, or what.I hope nothing bad happened... Kairan thought as he continued to run.

IC: Rynekk - Stony Leap Rynekk gaped at the spectacle before him. A bridge just appearing?! Impossible! And yet, here it was. He looked down and called to Kairan, 'It's all clear. We can come out now,' only to see him run off already. Rynekk leaped down from the branch, using his Calix to leap from bough to bough, slowing his descent. He wondered how Plagia was doing. IC: Plagia - Stony Leap Plagia was in shock. One minute, empty gap. The next, a fully formed bridge. Crazy. She loved it. She emerged from her hiding place at Nostala's whistle, heading in the direction of the group. She wondered how Rynekk was taking this. OOC: Last post of the night. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Shadowtangle Greel and Rocky watched as another bridge was formed, and as Nostala whistled on her way back. The teal-armored being sighed; he was sort of hoping for a battle. But he could now get across the Yawning Sunder with his pet. Rocky moved forward out of the jungle with Greel on his back to meet up with the others. OOC: Probably the last post for me too.