The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: @ Parugi: That's okay. :PI still have no internet connection, so feel free to still control them even after this post. :)IC: Parched WastesGreel struggled to mantain what air he had left inside his lungs. Rocky wasn't looking so good, but thankfully he had much larger lungs than the rest of them. This lack of oxygen was irratating both of them very much, and if they got out of this, Greel could bet Rastaque wouldn't leave alive - or conscious, at least.His shielding Rhotuka blocked the Air Toa's needles aimed at him, but then disappeared. It would need some recharging before he could create another one.His eyes rolled in Rastaque's direction, who seemed to be having difficulty at the moment. He was going to end this. He wasn't going to lose his pet or partners - not today.Greel threw out most of his concentration at the cloaked Toa, focusing his telekinetic powers on his neck, and began to squeeze. Rastaque's struggling focus on the vacuum was beginning to break. If they couldn't have air, than neither could he. An eye for an eye, eh? Greel thought. IC: Parched WastesVertan sped around the giant sand cloud, trying to keep Levacius' concentration moving around. The Toa had been foolish to shout at him, revealing his location via sound. Now the Skakdi wasn't too worrid about his Lightning Toa enemy at the moment, though still ready to react should Levacius attack - which he was sure he would.Most of his attention was drawn to Amalia. The thought came to him that the Psionics Toa was using large amounts of Elemental Energy, something that he knew wasn't limitless to use. She had been using it during the battle against Kuy'saz'ra and that Vortixx and her Rahi, which he had been watching for some time. The Toa had probably been using it even before, and she was certainly using it from the start of this battle. This meant she was the weakest opponent at the moment, and should be taken out immediately.So, judging from that information, Vertan believed Amalia's telepathic detection power would also be faint, thus giving him the element of surprise.He moved to the spot were she was last floating with her mask, and shot both his eyebeams (at full power) and a volley of force bolts, including a charging one.OOC: Still a little behind, so I'll edit if I need to.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: I apologize if I missed this, but what shadow? You mean the shadow that was intermingled with the wind.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kairan, Nostala, etc.IC:

However, lightning didn't really have a mass, due to it consisting of electromagnetic waves, leaving it not really able to stop the wall beside blowing a few small chumks off. Thus, most of what Kairan succeeded in doing was turning more of it into glass, some of which would crystallize before it hit him, some of which wouldn't. In any case, it was just about to slam into the toa, ready to cover him in shattered and molten glass.Rastaque winced as he felt his neck being squeezed by an invisible hand. Well, they'd pass out before he would. Hopefully. He sidestepped the sword, backing out of the vacuum as best he could. If they moved, he would have to focus on moving it with them. Another spray of needles caught the lightning, also sending them toward his enemies. Another plus of moving was that he was now out of sight of Kairan, leaving him only having to deal with the suffocating beings inside of his control.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: It was times like these that Nostala sincerely wished that she was a Toa of Water; at least then she wouldn't have to go as long without being able to breathe.Still, she was an acrobat and a warrior who had dealt with countless air and water-based enemies -- she could hold her breath when the need arose. Aiming to assist Greel and the others from where she sat behind Rastaque, she decided to use her Mask of Disguise in a.... new way. Namely by using it to create a small illusion around herself to appear invisible to Rastaque -- who, being busy with the others at the moment, wasn't looking at her anyway, and as such wouldn't see her attack coming in any case. Then, she grabbed the needles she had picked up, throwing them -- as well as her staff -- at the Toa of Air in rapid succession. If nothing else, one of the needles would stab him and break his concentration, if the staff didn't break his back or arm immediately after.That was when it started to get difficult to continue operating; were she visible, her eyes would have noticeably begun to bulge as she struggled to hold on.Greel merely tightened his mental grip on Rastaque's neck, pressing harder and harder...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Wondering where I could have Klax hop into this fight... IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Confused: Klax didn't know who to fight, and who to help, he was kind of standing atop a sand dune, watching as everyone battled it out. Fights broke out way to easily here, if people banded together, they might actually have a chance of defeating their captures. But no, they chose to kill each other to survive on this waste of an island, just trying to live another day on the Island of Pain. "... This is ducky." -Klax

IC: Levacius / Parched WastesFrom at least four hundred bio in the sky, Levacius looked down. Vertan was but a small dot... getting larger. At the maximum speed the jetpack would go, he flew straight down, a few Bio behind Vertan, He was spinning as he did so, like a drill, and with his swords swinging wildly. Vertan still hadn't noticed him, and hadn't even by the time to toa of lightning pulled up with great accuracy; a second more he would have hit the ground. He had picked up some speed, and had his blades pointing straight forward towards Vertan, who he was heading towards at top speed.OOC: A 30 x 30 Bio area is what I was thinking; roughly 135 x 135 ft of rocky area. I live right next to a desert, and have gone quad riding around there. The sand is pretty darn hard to start with, and a rockier area isn't completely out of place. And running at full speed, a toa (much faster than a human most likely) could get over to this rocky area. Not to mention when I went over you, I went a pretty far distance in that you closed to attack with your weapons. So no, I stand by what i stated completely.IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane began to stir. Kairan was distracting Jontan, who had believed her dead or at least harmless. Everything was faint, but she could still make out Jontans form - he wasn't exactly small, especially with his crazy arm waving to throw walls of sand. She channeled a ball of fire in her hand, then with Jontans back turned released it in a massive blast that was aimed directly at the toa of sands back.OOC: Somehow you'll think of a way to block it, but the superheating earlier probably damaged your equipment, you're at least relatively exhausted, you stated you were in a battle rage and you were focusing on Kairain, Irriane was down and not that much of a threat apparently... At the very least that would hurt you.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Parched Wastes... and harder and harder. If Rastaque didn't act swiftly, accurately, or release his weakening hold on the team, then he would die. Surely he couldn't continue attacking any longer with all the assaults coming at him. Slowly, the vacuum was fading.Meanwhile, the Toa of Air's aim wasn't as good as it could be while being choked; needles landed in the sand close to Greel and his partners. Rocky looked worse, but he could manage just a little bit longer. Greel, on the other hand, was losing his oxygen, but continued his telekinetic hold on Rastaque. He was too determined to give up now.IC: Parched WastesWhen Vertan lost sight of Levacius in the sky, he became nervous, then retreated into the sand cloud. Fortunately for him, he moved away from the Toa's path. Only his giant hand/forearm was hit by the Toa of Lightning's twirling blades, tearing some of the armor plating.However, before he could worry about the damage, the sound of an impact reached his ears. He turned to see Amalia, who had been struck by his eyebeams. Then her telepathic attack hit his mind, filling it with horrible images.It was a good thing Vertan was a violent warrior, for someone else would have fainted from the terrible visions. But he had seen enough of this on the battlefield on Zakaz, where the Skakdi fought like barbarians. Though it did sicken him only a little.Scowling but then smirking, the Skakdi fired even more force bolts all around her. Surely some would hit. And the Psionics Toa was continuing to use her powers; she was making herself more vulnerable.Vertan turned his attention to Levacius, who seemed to disappear into the cloud. He believed that, at the rate the Toa was spinning and moving, he would be very dizzy - and ripe for attacking.

IC: Levacius / Parched WastesLevacius was, indeed, dizzy, and stopped his movement and spinning. Regaining his focus, he hovered around. Here, he had better dodging capability, and couldn't be placed under the threat of a dust cloud. Sheathing his swords back over his back, he channeled his lightning through his hands in a stunning display that illuminated the night sky. Zeroing in on Vertan, he began hurling bolts of lightning at... lightning speed.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Amalia and Terizov: Parched Wastes:Amalia, using the last bits of her energy, threw herself away from the incoming blasts which one hit her leg again. Bleeding horribly, she telekinetically thrusted Vertan into the air in the range of the lightning bolts..Terizov, however, caught a glimpse of the raging battle below. He perched on the hot sand, and he croaked, "What do you guys think you're doing? Battling won't make a difference!"

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan simply laughed maniacally once more, and twisted his body out of the glass for the most part, and then gripped one fragment of it, and then sent a bolt of lightning from the tip of his sword toward his opponent."Dodge that." Kairan stated with a smirk, and then whirled the fragment of glass he was holding toward where he expected Jontan to be after that.

OOC: Ignoring the thousands of cuts, minor and major, that Kairan would have gotten from glass shattering on him at a high speed.Well, the shadow works for me as...

This was the point where Rastaque was glad for an enemy user of shadow. While he could hold the vacuum without seeing, Greel could not see his neck. The toa took two very quick gulps of air before feeling himself pulled back into the vacuum by his arm. Now that he had taken in more air, he had a very good chance of surviving. In any case, he created another miniscule tunnel of air withing the vacuum right above him. Then, using the air as best he could, he kicked up a could of thick dust, and dug all four limbs into the ground.Jontan was already in motion, running towards Kairan. He dodged the lightning and deflected the shard of glass with his shield. The hybrid-toa swung his sword in a horizontal slash. The fire hit the ground right beside both, causing an explosion which sent them flying. Jontan tried his hardest to soften his landing by softening the sand below. When he hit, it still hurt, though caused a bruise at the worst. If the sand hadn't blocked the heat, he would be much worse off right now. As it was, he felt low on elemental energy for the first time in his life, he had a bruise on his side, and numerous burns.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC - Nostala - Parched Wastes: As Orssa got rid of the shadows he had created moments before, Nostala picked up a fairly big rock that was sitting next to her. Taking aim, she used the last of her strength to hurl it at the now-revealed Rastaque's head. With no air to detect its movement or to carry the sound of her grunt as she tossed it, and with as careful aim as she had, it was almost certain to hit.Unfortunately, that was as far as her oxygen could carry her, and she passed out soon after.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Rastaque/Parched Wastes, fighting nostala, Orssa, etc.IC:

Rastaque was now on the ground inside of his cloud of dust. This put his head and body much lower than expected. Thus, the rock went sailing overhead and the shadow barely grazed his back. Meanwhile he used just a fraction more of his power to keep the dust thick and swirling. He was almost out again...

IC: Irriane / Parched WastesIrriane dragged herself forward. She saw Jontan go down... somehow, he managed to evade the attack again.In her hand she began generating the last of her fire energy. She slammed her hand down, and a wall of fire came flying towards Jontan before enveloping the area above and around him, and even stretching under before expanding. Lightning could still go through, as could other energy or fire. However, Jontan couldn't see anybody else from where he was. That, and he was cooking in a 450 degree oven.With all elemental energy gone, her body weakened - she wasn't a fighter - she gave way, unconscious. Her last thought before slipping out was, "Who the Karz designs a healing mask that doesn't work on yourself?"The fire wall was not gone. It would remain under its own power for five minutes under her will. However, with her focus not on it, it would only last for maybe twenty five seconds.OOC: I tried. I just couldn't think of some way to twist that rule.Irriane is out of the fight. She will need medical attention after Jontan and Ratasque flee, because they have no choice.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Ignoring the thousands of cuts, minor and major, that Kairan would have gotten from glass shattering on him at a high speed.Well, the shadow works for me as...

Jontan was already in motion, running towards Kairan. He dodged the lightning and deflected the shard of glass with his shield. The hybrid-toa swung his sword in a horizontal slash. The fire hit the ground right beside both, causing an explosion which sent them flying. Jontan tried his hardest to soften his landing by softening the sand below. When he hit, it still hurt, though caused a bruise at the worst. If the sand hadn't blocked the heat, he would be much worse off right now. As it was, he felt low on elemental energy for the first time in his life, he had a bruise on his side, and numerous burns.

OOC: Well, he missed all but a portion of it from twisting out of the way.(I assume... You never said how large it was; I was thinking it was the size of a normal door, to put it into perspective.) And the portion he grabbed I assumed was part of the whole 'there are now more chunks of glass' thing you mentioned; and he's pretty much ignoring his injuries right now, anyway, so if his hand got sliced, he didn't really pay attention or care. =P-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan had blocked the slash with a maniacal grin, but then growled with narrowed eyes at the Toa of fire who had launched both of them, but then smirked at Jontan again."You. Me. Swordfight to settle this... Ready?!" Kairan asked with a maniacal smirk, as he launched insanely, and ran toward Jontan with his sword out to the side, ignoring the multiple bruises and wounds as best as he could for the moment.OOC: When Kairan eventually goes down, he'll need some medical help himself. xD

OOC: I now have internet connection restored. Thank you, Parugi, for controlling Greel during my absence. ^_^The battle with Rastaque and Jontan confuses me, so I'll edit this if I need to.IC: Parched WastesWith the last bit of breath Greel had, he propelled himself into Rastaque's air tunnel. Thankfully, the Toa had landed close to him, and now with fresh air, albeit a little too dusty, he withdrew one of his daggers. It all happened so quickly; he thrust the weapon at the Air Toa, and in such a small area, his chances of missing the green-armored being were very, very low. IC: Parched WastesLuckily for Vertan, the sand cloud had blocked both Toas' vision enough that only a small amount of Levacius' lightning attack hit the Skakdi. However, it was still enough to send the red-armored warrior flying through the air, far away from the battle sight, and render him unconcious.Vertan's fall was cushioned by the top of a dune, which then sent him rolling down its side. He came to a stop, at the sand hill's base.Unfortunately, he had left his battle-broom behind. Though fortunately for him (for he did not want his enemies stealing his stuff), the amount of electricity inside the tool had horribly damaged it, reducing the weapon to a melted state.OOC: You two win - for now. :P

IC: Levacius / Parched WastesLevacius shrugged. Vertan was gone. He doubted the Skakdi was dead - most likely very much alive - but didn't find him that much of a threat. He was brash and reckless, like all of his species. Still, next time he would make sure to finish him off.He flew down to the ground, offering his hand out to Amalia to shake it. "And who might you be that fights so well with the mind?" he asked.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes:"I've lived in the Southern Islands before I got here and mastered my natural art of invading minds with rahi minds, much similar to a Skakdi's." Amalia mentioned as she grabbed Levacius' hand. She took a glance at her leg. Her leg was dripping with blood and her hamstring was torn in several places. " Rahi! Can you give us some haven?" she said, pointing at Terizov.IC: Terizov: Parched Wastes:"Sure, as long as it is okay with your companion. I have a small sanctuary not so far from here." Terizov suggested.

IC: Levacius / Parched WastesLevacius looked inquisitively at the new comer. He had seen them approach from above, but thought nothing of it. Intelligence in a Rahi was uncommon, but not rare."Southern islands?" he asked, chuckling. "Yes, I've been down there a few times. In the end, my own home has always been close to me. Universe wasn't so great when the League of Six Kingdoms disbanded. When an army gets scattered, its powerful members will try to rebuild it. Small armies like those weren't worth the Brotherhoods attention, and so new groups formed. I think some of them still fight it out."He shrugged. "Toa weren't so common on those fields. Haven't fought a matoran in ages. Killed more matoran as a matoran than as a toa. Mostly rahi, other toa, skakdi, steltians... the big stuff."He stopped and said, "While I thank your hospitality, I prefer the comfort of my own ship. It's docked off the east coast, hard to see due to being off the coast. I will be going there. Hopefully you can swim, the ladders hanging off."He flew up, ready to head in that direction. "Consider this - if you come over, I may have a position open. You see, I believe I have discovered the Shepherds plans. And with a few more people, I believe we may be able to escape this island."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: I was thinking molre the size of three doors. Oh well.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fighting Greel, Kairan, etcIC:

Jontan, however was stumbling away from the wall of flame with half of his front singed. Meanwhile, Kairan was at full speed when said fire appeared, and was only a step from where it appeared. The hybrid-toa winced, feeling pain stronger than he had ever felt. This couldn't be happening... if only he had time to loot irriane's body; he didn't want to waste him energy anymore. He focused on Kairan, who might or might not have been in flames, and began to again suck energy out of him using the Avsa. "One on one sword battle. Don't make me laugh. I'll win in a heartbeat."Rastaque took this moment to notice multiple sensations of stabbing pain that had been coming from his back. It felt like... needles? His own needles? How? However, he had no time to think about this as he felt someone jump into the air tunnel. Not good. He rolled out of it, dissipating it while diverting the rest of his elemental energy to the vacuum. He flung a handful of needles directly at Greel, trying to kill the one who was currently the biggest threat.

IC: Parched WastesThanks to Rastaque's air tunnel, Greel's oxygen supply was now replenished. He held in his breath, ready to fight inside the vacuum.Under Greel's mental control, his foe's needles were flung away. Then he concentrated his telekinesis on Rastaque's entire body, freezing the Toa in place. This time he drew both his knives, and thrust them hard at his head and chest. OOC: Last post of the day.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan also winced at the flame, but growled when the Avsa activated again."Stop relying on your petty tools!" Kairan yelled out, as he attempted to slash upwards at the Avsa, aiming to knock it off his face, if not destroy it outright.

IC: Amalia and Terizov: Parched Wastes:"I will see to it, my new companion." Terizov boasted. He picked up the now unconsious Amalia and flew off with Levacius.IC: Orssa: Parched Wastes:Orssa also got in the air tunnel, took another breath, and fired multiple shadow bursts.

OOC: Hey Rakata, the air's gone. So Orssa pretty much just let what he had left out and tried to breathe nothing in, likely collapsing his lungs.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kairan, Greel, etc.IC:

Jontan batted the sword aside with his shield and stabbed forward with his own sword toward Kairan's stomach. While keeping his Avsa going at full, he simply replied, "No."Rastaque hoped that Jontan hurried up, because this was not looking good. He tried his hardest to dodge, but only managed to twist his body enough so that the one aimed at his head flew by and the one aimed for his chest stabbed into his shoulder. Trying to hold in a scream of pain, the toa of air bit down as hard as he could on Greel's arm that had missed and swung a leg out to trip the toa. With his good arm (left, which he tried to save on purpose as it was still under his control), he grabbed four needles and tried to punch his opponent in his face as he went down from the sweep. The shadow bursts would hopefully hit Greel instead of him, due to the former being closer to Orssa.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

IC: Parched WastesRastaque might find some of his teeth broken from biting as hard as he could into Greel's armored arm. In addition, his arm and fist had slowed down due to Greel's telekinesis beginning to fade. It was easily dodged, but not the shadow blasts, which hit him before the kick.They sent him rolling on the ground, close to the vacuum's edge. Recovering quickly for another attack, he dashed outside the air trap, moving much faster than he normally would because of the lack of air resistance. He was lucky to escape, for the assaults left him with one, small gulp of air, enough to aid him in getting out.Now rejuvenated with the outside air, Greel focused his powers on the large rock Nostala had thrown. It lifted off the sandy ground, and drifted over Rastaque. Then he cut the telekinetic hold on it, dropping the stone over the Air Toa. Next, Rastaque would feel his Kanohi mask start twitching under Greel's telekinesis. He was going to pull it off the Toa.

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==-Kairan side-stepped the blow, and then disappeared from Jontan's line of sight, as he appeared behind the sand being with a growl, and attempted to simply stop with the attempts to fight normally, and then attempted to grab Jontan by the throat from behind."Then die." Kairan stated with a growl.OOC: I stand by my earlier dislike of the Avsa. =P

OOC: As Orssa had just tried to get a gulp of air, and Rastaque had just left the tunnel, with Greel between him and Orssa, they would likely hit Greel.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes, Fighting Greel, Kairan, etc.\IC:

Rastaque, noticing that Nostala was out of the fight, was able to cut the vacuum around there. Orssa seemed to also be out, but he kept the vacuum up just in case. This left Greel, Rynekk, and whoever else might be inside. Greel had escaped... unfortunate. What was the rock... Oh shoot. Rastaque dodged out of the way, flinging another handful of needles in and arc towards his opponent. Then another, and another, all perfectly aimed at and around him. With his arm that was barely functioning, he tried to keep the mask in place. Hopefully the needles would make Greel lose his concentration.Jontan Kept moving forward, and as he saw no reason not to, kept going. Once he was out of range of a melee attack that would be aimed at him from behind, he turned, shield ready just in case. This Avsa felt so good, feeding him his opponent's life... The hybrid-toa now aimed a crosscut, followed by a stab, finishing with a diagonal slice from the lower left.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

OOC: Greel was, indeed, trying to take your mask off, which you didn't make note of.IC: Levacius / AshringLevacius looked around. That weird rahi thing was coming with Amalia. He was at the edge of Ashring, and looking out, could see his ship.The creature was larger than the ship was meant for, but he could make do. It could sleep on deck. It wouldn't be able to fit underneath! He thought about his own cabin. Yes, tonight he would be able to get a good nights rest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan, however, wasn't there after the first attack, and the one place Jontan wouldn't really think to look... Would be up. Kairan charged up a 'ball' of lightning in his hand, as he attempted to slam it into the mask that he so much despised."Fight me without use of your pathetic tools, and maybe you might get what you desire; a fair fight." Kairan growled, not amused at this turn of events.

IC: Levacius / AshringLevacius looked at Terizov quizically. "Perhaps," he said. "My name is Marquis Levacius. I was a powerful lord on the Northern Continent before.... problems... arose. Now? I'm stuck on this island. But unlike everyone else, I have a plan to escape."The group came near the Griffon II, and Levacius lowered down to the deck. He pointed to the map, reflected on the dome. "Just recently, we were barred from Haven Cove, as we still are. I sailed this vessel down there, and discovered another ship. It was piloted by a powerful being, and from what I saw of the Caretakers dealing with an intruder, they have more powerful servants that you could imagine. Caretakers are strong as toa... perhaps even fully powered Type 6 Rahkshi, if my suspicious are correct. They were smuggling someone, probably a slave, off the island."He stopped. "Team Patronage is a farce. The reason this island is so slim in population is because we're being weeded out. Fresh meat is sent down when it is found, but infrequently and randomly. In truth, the Shepherds want us to kill Patronage. Extra equipment is an incentive to do it. They want us to kill Patronage and take their place, to become the new Patronage. In the end, they will have come down to exactly six beings. The most powerful in the island. And I have yet to see a being on this island who isn't of power to be reckoned with."Through his mind flashed images of everyone. So many enemies. None of them went down without a fight. Even upon hearing his name, few surrendered. They were fighters of no small skill."I have my own solution. The Shepherds want to weed us down. But what if we gather up the islanders? Make a true force to be reckoned with. We can assemble our own team, not just six. A crew on this ship. There's only one way to get the Shepherds to send another ship like that - see, that ship is our only way off - and that's to cause some serious damage. To do something so major, something only teamwork can solve."He chuckled. "We will need more equipment. Once the group is assembled, we will begin destroying observers and caretakers on a whim. We will move in small groups to take advantage of caches. We will kill off Patronage, but ignore the Shepherds orders to replace them. We will always be watching. We will be ready to assemble.""My dear, bestial friend, I believe we may be able to pull off the greatest escape in all of history!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: He's distracting Greel by attacking him. Best defense is a good offense. I added clarification.

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting KairanIC:

He felt Kairan's emotions, especially as they spiked, which he fed. Of course, as he had little experience with the mask, Jontan couldn't really tell where he was. But it wasn't the ground, especially as he could see around him. As he was not on the ground, he had to be up or down. Down was not likely, thus... the hybrid-toa flipped backwards not a moment too soon as the lightning and its owner crashed into the ground where he was standing only moments before then. As he felt no need to reply, he kept the Avsa working its magic while charging to where Kairan fell, slashing upwards.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan, however, simply gripped the blade of the sword, ignoring the fact that it was likely cutting into his hand at the moment, as he moved the blade with the momentum it still had, but out of the way, even though the Toa didn't fully avoid injury, as he shoulder was sliced up enough so it wasn't a huge problem, but also enough that it was an injury that would likely contribute to him falling unconscious eventually. However, Kairan wasn't about to just give up, and instead, shot his right hand forward as he dropped his own sword, and attempted to grab hold of the Avsa. If he could wrench the mask from his face, then he'd have a more equal fight...But why am I thinking with those emotions!? The insane Kairan thought, as he growled. Something was obviously interfering with his plans... Could it be the normal Kairan?

Jontan/Parched Wastes, Fighting KairanIC:

Wow, this guy was interesting. He just tried and actually succeeded somewhat in grabbing a blade that was swinging upwards. Of course, the force probably left his hand in half or close to it. Still, he admired the nerve... Jontan moved his head to the side, bringing his sword down to try and cut Kairan's arm off.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan, however, hadn't had his hand fully cut in half, as again, he had also been using momentum to avoid any totally disastrous effects. However, he pushed the sword away as best as he could, as he continued to try and grab the Avsa, or otherwise knock it off.

IC: Terizov: Ashring:"I'm obligated for your service. Now, about me. I was one of the only sentient species of my kind. Times were tough, especially struggling to find a way in the communtiy. I eventually came to realize my specialty: smuggling. I travelled wherever my clients sent me. Apparetly the Sheperds took an interest in me, thus I'm here. I am armed with a scythe and a Kanohi Elda and I can control plantlife." Terizov replied.