Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Point taken with the needles. Thanks for clarifying. :)I already addressed the thing with Nostala -- player error. Lack of research on my part. Once again, having the above in mind, I assumed they were bigger in each of the posts where she blocked them. Simple as that.No further comment on the Greel thing now that it's cleared up. Do note, however, that in my last post, Nostala did save Rastaque, and did it in such a way that allowed her to avoid the boulder and the sickle -- by tackling him. That cleared them both out of the boulder's landing zone and out of the sickle's trajectory.The rough landing from having been flipped over after being hit in the knees, while running downhill, wouldn't have affected his ability to see a slight shimmer through the dark?Eh, this is true. Still, with Rastaque basically unable to fight at this point, with Greel ready to chop him up, and Nostala's morals pulling her away from killing a subdued threat, we'll see how things go.Aordain: I think you might've confused this discussion topic with that of the Day Run. ;)To answer your question, anyway -- short answer is kind of; there was someone (Kaelan) who went to talk to you but left after you didn't respond. There is something you could use to get back into interactions with people, though... :)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Meh. My lawful good character would kill him right now, so you must have some pretty strong morals. The chaotic good one would be recruiting him and preparing for a quick betrayal, the lawful neutral one would be making him a meat sandwich, and... well, you know what Arillan wants to do, and Suicavel would never have let him be pinned. Mostly because, if he wanted to have allies, he would kill them upon showing weakness like that.:PAnyways, my main point is that post made me start thinking to put something here so everyones location is known.* Terizov, Amalia (Rakata), and Levacius (Levacius) are all on the Griffon II, a makeshift ship off the east coast. All three are near peak strength; Terizov is at full strength.* Kairan (Fullbringer Blade) is fighting Jontan (Toa of Discordant Dancing) in a rocky area of the Parched Wastes. Nearby Irriane (Levacius) is out cold. Orssa (Rakata) has come to this small battle to assist in finishing Jontan. All three are incredibly weak. Nearby, Arillan (Levacius) watches this battle and the other below.* Plagia, Rynekk (Emissary of the Void), Klax (Skarloth), Nostala (Parugi), and Greel (Magnus Greel) are all surrounding Ratasque (Toa of Discordant Dancing) nearby the above battlefield. Rynkekk is out cold, Nostala is pinning Ratasque and Greel is going to rip him to pieces.* All other characters are out alone amongst the island.That pretty much sums it up, right?How long until the endless night is over...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yeah, I'd say that summary is spot-on.Trian and Felix and resting up, saving their strength for when the next cache comes.Oh, and you left out Draco.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Well, Trian and Felix are pretty much right across from the Ashring cache, so, they'll pick that up before going to the mysterious one. =P

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

I'd say just above Suicavel; that guy hasn't successfully killed anyone yet. =P He hates them both, though, because of the Avsa, so I wouldn't worry too much. But I would be careful just how far you push Kairan; I've started to get an explanation for both his hate of the Avsa, and his weird split personality thing.

Technically he killed all save one of Darkons characters, so he's killed more characters than anyone else. :PBut I do need to try harder, huh? Well, see you next time you're back in Shadowtangle <insert evil laugh>So do I write up a new character in the same post or a different one?Reason to Kill Irriane: Jontan, theoretically, shouldn't have been able to beat Irriane in elemental combat. However, she could never hit him because of his demon thing that made him magically invulnerable. Also, despite moving away from the sand, he had his endless jar of sand on his back, and couldn't be stopped even then. As a better warrior, once he closed in, she had no chance of besting him. Whilst the way he built his character, he probably couldn't have even hurt the other characters I made (especially Levacius + Jetpack), Irriane was supposed to be moving around healing the others and providing artillery support. In hindsight, she could have been fighting Ratasque.However, the deed is done.Though I still wonder why anyone would make a mask that you couldn't use to heal yourself...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

... Oh. Well that confirms what I had thought as Jontan's inspiration. xDAnd as for the fight, technically that was also partly my fault. If I had've responded quicker to the whole hole thing, so that Irriane wasn't fighting by herself for a while, then maybe the distraction might've been enough to save her. =/ Kairan's likely going to take this the hardest because of that reason. Because he could have helped to save her, and potentially even beat Jontan because of having two people fighting instead of just one, but was too late getting out.

-,,,-I can't keep up with this anymore. I'm not saying, "HERE, KILL MY CHARACTERS D:", since I may want to hop in when things aren't moving at a million miles an hour all the time.I'm only making a post every other page, so there's no reason to stick around much. Just, leave my characters alone, would you? Just let them go into stasis or something.-Skar

I'm not sure of whether the mask of Scavenging is allowed or not, even though it seems like a perfect fit here. So, if it's not allowed, just tell me, and I'll edit my character to reflect that.(Still working on my new characters, so this is mostly just a heads up)

Well, from what I was reading, it adds at least some of the strength, but I understand why you wouldn't want even that. I'll go edit now, since well, there wasn't a reply when I finished up the profile. ^_^; *Tries to think of what other Kanohi might suit that character* I should be finished shortly, though obviously the bio will be edited slightly. =P But the biggest part will be thinking of what else to give him, mask-wise.

So I've had a little bit of a nagging question about the RPG - is this before or after the Great Cataclysm?I think this might have been answered on the Archive, but I don't remember, or see where it is here. It's kind of bugging me a little.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

While it would be exciting, it would really only work to the Arillans advantage. He's got two Skakdi trying to fight him, and two is three times as bad as one. Or four. Depends on if Skakdi can do math. If Vertan was held back, Reptak would be the only one fighting him, so...Go figure.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Meh. Arillan hates Laelius, and both Vertan and Jontan know too much about him, so he wouldn't be actively helping if any of you three were involved. The other two he couldn't care less about, and might help for a reward, but those three?Well... there's ways to bend any rule.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

btw, a quick word on the conditions of the blacklisting as set up in the first page here. Just so you guys know, its purely an in-game thing. This isn't me trying to discourage you from fighting the Shepherds. On the contrary, I heartily encourage it.I figured those two could handle it, since they have each other as allies, plus something of an entourage around them. Any attempt to hinder them in any way is going to meet serious resistance. Of course, its also going to put your allies loyalty to the test. Can they resist handing you in, or will the allure of free booty be too much?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Levacius / Eastern Seas"No," said Levacius. "I don't think we'll need it."He grabbed the anchor and tossed it overboard, then pointed behind them to Ashring."Mostly because we're here." he said."Hope this things water proof..." he thought to himself, looking at the jetpack. "Now, who's coming in with me?" he asked, falling backwards. A splash was heard as he began going down.IC: Suicavel / ShadowtangleSuicavel prowled around the area, but then heard something a little... more interesting.Cloaking himself in shadow, he moved about. There! Some massive hybrid creature.He chuckled, and from the darkness of Shadowtangle - with the aid of his own powers and the night -he began to drain Grotirs life energy.IC: Arillan / Toothy BaneArillan looked around the area of Toothy Bane he was at. Where was that cache?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Wait, what?Please do excuse my confusion, but I thought Suicavel was at the northeastern part of the Shadowtangle looking for a cache there...At least, that's what your last post said. So I don't see how he could find Grotir.Thanks in advance!-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

*Facepalm*I'm sorry, I meant the southwest. Seeing as there was a cache there....I'll edit my post. That'll give you a chance to get the cache before an attack...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Alright, thanks ^_^ I was thinking that was a typo. As well, thanks for letting my char probably get the cache. If she got in a fight right now, I'm pretty sure she'd die against just about anyone, lul. One of the main reasons I didn't join this earlier is because I couldn't think of a way she'd realistically survive a fight as is when she gets dumped on the island at this point xPAnyways, I've got to wonder why there are so many caches all of a sudden. I only followed this a little, but I'm pretty certain there's never been this big an influx...You gotta wonder what the Shepherds are up to. I don't know so much about what happened in this RPG; therefore, I'm not guessing. But anyone else got an idea or two?-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Alright, thanks ^_^ I was thinking that was a typo. As well, thanks for letting my char probably get the cache. If she got in a fight right now, I'm pretty sure she'd die against just about anyone, lul. One of the main reasons I didn't join this earlier is because I couldn't think of a way she'd realistically survive a fight as is when she gets dumped on the island at this point xPAnyways, I've got to wonder why there are so many caches all of a sudden. I only followed this a little, but I'm pretty certain there's never been this big an influx...You gotta wonder what the Shepherds are up to. I don't know so much about what happened in this RPG; therefore, I'm not guessing. But anyone else got an idea or two?-The Fearless Leader

Just give us a big bloodbath when our characters clash for caches, finding out who are the champions are.

More cache activity, pointing out Patronage, and blacklisting those who know...Darn it, they're onto my plans!Or maybe TPTI wants to keep us from standing around? That's also a possibility.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Just give us a big bloodbath when our characters clash for caches, finding out who are the champions are.
I doubt it...If they REALLY wanted that to happen, they'd probably put one or two caches in between several groups (ex: When there are groups all around the perimeter of the island, place one on The Stony Leap). @Levacius: Well, yeah. But I doubt that's all there is to it. This is an extraordinary number.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

I'm thinking more along Parugi's lines of thinking. But hey, more caches is great. =3E: And I missed whatever it was... time to read the topic...