Beat And Rhythm

Toa of Dancing

IC: Waorya / Ta-WahiWaorya turned back to the battlefield. They could still see the soldiers - running in different directions, grouping up under strong leaders. A few pursued the Dissonance as they fled. Waorya frowned. "What a pointless war. Tribes seeking to use music for war, and a Dissonance that seeks to end music, war or not. Such pointless chaos."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Waorya / Ta-Wahi"Seems to be for some." Waorya replied, taking off his cap and dusting it off before placing it back upon his head.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Waorya / Ta-WahiWaorya began playing his flute, allowing the joyful melody to sweep over the group. Placing it back down, he said, "If only they did. My people did - my old village. Before the Dissonance murdered them all. Not that I should be bitter - the tribes would have done the same had they found Kini-Nui first."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Ta-Wahi battlefield, random act of co-GM ( :P)):Waorya and Atonal's conferring would have continued further, were it not from some intervention from above.A skittering wave of flame struck the ground just left of Atonal. Though it didn't harm either Toa, Atonal shrank away from the extreme heat."Those two to the sides... They must be Dissonance! ATTACK!" came the shout from the pair's left; and as Waorya and Atonal turned, they saw a pair of Ta-Matoran xylophonists barrelling towards them, ready to strike...OOC: I won't be on much tomorrow, so if I'm not here to direct these two adversaries, you can decide their moves and eventually beat them... but keep it fair!-Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

IC: Waorya / Ta-WahiWaorya quickly began playing his flute, causing a hurricane force wind to strike into the charging attackers, staggering them and keeping them from properly using their instruments.Then he was dragged off by his new found friend, once more, provoking another yelp.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Whoops. I saw Levacius's post, where Waorya was looking back at the battle, and assumed you were still close. :/Well, in that case...IC (A short distance from the Ta-Wahi battlefield):The two Matoran staggered and cursed, struggling to bring their instruments to bear despite the heavy winds... to no avail. By the time they had reset, the Toa were off, two distant running silhouettes (well, one running and another being dragged) disappearing into the jungle.The junior of the two soldiers, turning in desperation to his senior officer, said, "Sir! They're getting away fast, but I could still take them with a good scale!"The officer, however, slowly shook his head. "No, Sentyx, leave them... This battle is over. The Dissonance is routed. Let them struggle back to their base and tell that rat Discord how badly we music-players walloped them; the blow to their morale will probably be better for the war effort in the long run."Sentyx bared his teeth in a fearsome grin. "Yes, sir! Anything for the war effort!"Dennix gave a similar grin. "Good. Now, let's get back to the rest of the force! After a victory like this, Taxuth will want a word with his force... And you know one of Taxuth's little speeches is never worth missing out on..."-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

IC (Po-Wahi): "Stories?" Elreg said, "Not as many as you might think, but one does come to mind. After I had left Le-Koro, I found myself wandering the island. I went to Ta-Koro first, but they had just finished fighting Le-Koro a few days earlier and wouldn't let anywhere near the volcano. At Ga-Koro my request for entrance politely declined several times. I started running when they started to pull out their hydraylophones.""I considered investigating Po-Koro, but they're just as crazy as my home village and at the time that I was traveling, they didn't like anybody. Ko-Koro was out of the question, too quiet and they'll burn any instrument they see. That left Onu-Koro, except there was only one problem; I couldn't find an entrance. I wandered across the Wahi for days looking for a tunnel, but there was nothing. I was just about to give up when I stepped on the wrong patch of dirt and I feel though the ground. I landed right on top of Onu-Koro digging team. Apparently they had drifted a little too close to the surface."At first they were going to execute me for trespassing and sabotage, but I eventually convinced them that it was an accident. They led me back to the village and for a few weeks that's where I lived."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

Letrin/Ta-Wahi BeachIC:

Letrin stumbled toward the main bulk of his forces, patching his wounds with energy. Of course, they wouldn't stay long, but the bandages would staunch the bleeding... That karzahni-bound turaga and his fancy karate... He would get revenge the next time they met upon the battlefield. In the meantime, however, he needed to get his forces back to Le-Wahi.

Jkeian/Marching to Ko-KoroIC:

Jkeian praised Mata-Nui that the forces appeared to be retreating far more quickly than he expected. Apparently that toa of fire had helped... Not all users of the War Music were sadistic and twisted like Letrin. The turaga grunted as he punched a wall of rock falling onto him. Instead of crushing his body with its weight, it shattered and fell harmlessly around him.He glanced at his fleeing forces. They were almost all gone already... and he was quickly getting trapped by the enemy that was giving chase. He leaped onto the head of a nearby matoran and launched himself into the air. Then, kicking off the atmosphere almost one hundred times per second, he began literally running through the air. Of course, the fact that he could use his Kakama helped this physics-defying feat be possible. He dashed above the field, occasionally dodging an attack that would have hit by becoming limp and letting the wind blow him out of the way. Of course, he began to fall when this happened, but he quickly started running again. Soon, he was at the back of the retreating Dissonance force, urging them to go onwards while ignoring the dozens of oozing cuts all over his body.

Taxuth and Falain/Ta-KoroIC:

Taxuth stared out the window of his hut. It was always easy to tell when a battle was done, as Falain's flaming sofa could be see from a kio away. Plus, he had been watching the writhing, colorful mass far away on the beach. Time to get the details from his lazy Lieutenant General and compose a speech.

Tribes of Rhythm/Ta-Wahi BeachIC:

Besides the Tribal forces that were busy trying to tear each-other apart, the main force began to retreat, seeing that the battle was done. The Ga-Koronans created boats of water upon which they sailed up the coast, back to their home. The matoran, toa, and turaga of Onu-Koro quickly disappeared into their underground realm. Po-Koronans and Le-Koronans were rather unwilling to leave, ad each began to trickle away while the two main forces squabbled amongst themselves.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Assuming that the Zombie fight's still ongoing...-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Lin, Lin do di, Lin din, Lin do, Do, Lin duh, Lin duh do, Lin do...The sound of a harp being strummed rang throughout the battlefield of the fight against the zombies, and if anyone looked closely, they would see a green Toa standing on the edge of a cliff nearby, a sad look on his face. The Toa jumped down, as he continued to play, faster now, even as a bird made out of War Music energy was created. The Toa landed on the bird, even as his sound picked up in pace, and continued toward the actual battle. As the Toa approached, He jumped off the bird, which vanished into energy, and began to play another song, and concentrated, as the wind subtly began to pick up, and then a glow of energy surrounded the top and bottom of the handheld harp. The Toa took aim at the zombies, and as he strummed the harp once more, energy appeared to be created from the strings, and fired off a couple arrows of the war music energy at one of the zombies, piercing it quickly, but still probably not doing much damage.OOC: Probably not exactly the way it works, but hey, it's certainly different. =P(Though, for a harp, also to be expected, since in a way, it and a bow are slightly similar... Both have curved designs and strings, after all. =P)/EDIT: And yes, ToD, assuming you've played what I'm trying to hint at, that's the song you think it is. =P

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

IC: Deazthria - Minions / Po-WahiIndeed, the arrows did very little to defeat the targeted being, which was now just an undead pincushion instead of a normal Matoran.One effect that it did have was attracting the attention of the air using Zombie, who quickly fired off bolts of solidified air at the newcomer.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Sraine jumped to the side, and began to play his harp again, as the winds began to pick up once more, but this time, a sword was formed, and the Toa ran toward the air-wielding zombie this time. He had no clue what could kill these things, but he would certainly try anything he could to kill them once more.

IC: Deazthria - Harbinger Air Zombie / Po-WahiThe air zombie released a powerful buffet of wind that tossed it into the sky. As it began its descent back down and away, it began tossing cyclones and vacuums at the newcomer.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Sraine rolled to the right, even as he played a slightly different song on his harp, in order to counter the air attacks with his own, aimed to cancel them out. All the while, Sraine ran toward the zombie, as fast as he possibly could without messing up his song. There had to be a reason that this guy was brought back to life; the only question was how it was possible.

OOC: Some elements aren't that useful, but are almost impossible to counter, even by themselves. Some, like air, once countered, are pretty ineffective, but when faced against other elements do well. And some, like gravity, are just overpowered....IC: Deazthria - Air Zombie / Po-WahiThe air zombie found its attacks easily countered, but kept making them anyways. Eventually, it settled for creating a vacuum around Sraine.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Sraine frowned, and held his breath, as he quickly played a song on his harp to attempt to send multiple arrows flying toward the zombie's head... But, with his quickly depleting oxygen, how well that would work, was a different question.OOC: I honestly need to think of what other weapons could be used with this that keeps to his theme. =P

IC: Deazthria - Air Zombie / Po-WahiYoung Matoran are told that you can kill the un-living by destroying the head. This belief was cultivated by the first users of the Mask of Reanimation to give false hope, and lure enemies in. The belief that being undead was a disease was also cultivated, so that the necromancer responsible would be ignored. Deazthria didn't particularly care about folk tales, and the undead being simply lowered down, arrows in its head. Believing Sraine powerless, it targeted Kuba.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Sraine, however, was not powerless, and was playing a few more notes... And these ones tapped into his air powers once more, to at least cancel out the vacuum, and allow him to breathe again. However, Sraine stood up, with a smile, as he began to look around once more, trying to find what wasn't being looked for.OOC: Just a curious question, can you reanimate something that's been sliced in half? =P

IC (ZOMBIES): In the sands of Po-Wahi, it wasn't very common to see ice, or water, or generally anything wet or cold. But sometimes uncommon things happened. Sometimes Trakuda appeared.In the middle of the heated battle against the undead, the combatants were surprised to see a pair of huge serpents, made entirely out of ice, burst from the ground, spiraling around each other until their heads came to a stop a few feet above the ground, and merged. The ice began to reshape, until a throne could be made out, sitting upon the top of the now-combined snake bodies several feet in the air. And in that throne was a Ko-Matoran, lying across the throne with his flute in his right hand, rested on his belly, while his left was hanging over the left arm of the chair. His legs were crossed over the right arm of the chair."Hello!" he called with a wave, "Thought I'd stop by since there's zombies and all. Now, here's a little tune to kick things off." he brought his flute to his lips and played a tune, causing the serpent bodies holding his chair up to vanish and reemerge as an ice golem holding a very large sword, which began to chop at the zombies.OOC: Can we autohit on the zombies? I didn't here just to play it safe.

OOC: Do whatever you want on the zombies! Only one I'd be upset about is the air one, and I'll probably let them hit anyways unless I see an easy way to block it. Of course, hitting doesn't mean destroying when they're unholy animations...IC: Deazthria - Minions / Po-WahiThe undead had little resistance as the sword struck. More problems were coming from over the hill, however - another dozen or so undead were shambling towards the battle, with a mixture of Matoran, Toa, and even a duo of Fusa.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Sraine//Po-Wahi==-Sraine frowned, as he looked around, and thought he caught a glimpse of something suspicious, though it could've just as easily been another Zombie. Nonetheless, the Toa of Air which was allied with Po-Koro walked toward the suspicious object, harp in hand as he moved forward.

OOC: AWESOME :happydance:IC (ZOMBIES): The golem continued it's cutting down of the zombies, slowly shrinking and growing as ice broke off of it to fly as ice darts into the oncoming horde of zombies, then returned. Many of the zombies were taken to the ground, but managed to continue crawling, and others had holes blown through their heads, disabling them permanently."Alright, new plan." Trakuda said to himself, before playing a different tune, causing the golem to reform into a sort of giant worm, which tunneled beneath the sand, coming up below the undead and bursting through the ground to swallow them whole, freezing them. This also made it appear as if the worm was increasing in mass, as the frozen zombies within displaced enough ice to make the worm look like it was 'growing'.

IC: Deazthria - Minions / Po-WahiOf course, the air using Zombie wasn't too keen on the worms existence. A powerful cyclone struck the ground as the worm emerged, hurtling it out of sight. More cyclones appeared, directed at Trakuda. Powerful winds came into existence around the ice user, the sand blinding him to his enemies location.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: "Arff, ugh, akk, gerroff!" Trakuda spluttered as the sand blinded him. He hastily froze the sand into upside down cones, then turned the front of his chair into a sword and cut through his newborn sculptures, shattering them. His flute-playing did not stop here, however, as he began to freeze as many of the zombies as he could see to the core.

-==IC: Sraine==-Sraine continued to walk toward what he thought he had seen; however, he also noticed more zombies heading toward him, likely sizing up his threat level. Sraine took a glance toward where he thought he had seen something, but then looked back to the zombies, and then ran toward them, sword in hand, as he attempted to cut one of them in half.OOC: Is the Necromancer anywhere nearby, just to be curious? =P

OOC: Deazthria is in a massive cavern, surrounding by labyrinthine tunnels, somewhere in Po-Wahi. Somewhere.IC: Deazthria - Minions / Po-WahiThe undead kept coming - the Matoran Sraine cut in half actually fell forward, the upper half of the body attempting to cling on and rip to shreds.The windstorm became even more powerful, threatening to knock Trakuda to the ground, or even pick him up and toss him. He had managed to freeze a couple of the undead, but only a couple - visibility was now zero.OOC: If all else fails, at least I managed to unite this group of friends together for a great adventure!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: If he's in a cavern, how can he see us?IC (ZOMBIES): Trakuda's throne vanished, and he was flung high into the air, where he formed some kind of mount, which flew away from the cyclones. The Matoran looked around to see who was creating them, but could find no one. So as not to get caught in another cyclone, he played a relatively repetitive tune on his flute, making his flying ice-thing swoop over the zombies, launching very sharp ice-boomerangs upon them.

Edited by Wotsiznaim