Techna: Breakdown

IC: Blacklight / Northern Volcano"No... bring me to bear against his flesh! Sunder his form and split his soul in twain! Cover my edge in blood, mortal!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: TorchTime: ~0830New Metru Nui, Citadel* * *The remainder of Torch's ride was uneventful. No shadows crept beneath the pale sun as it rose; no shots rang out; no screams to surrender plagued the silence. The hovercraft stopped by the gates of a small but bustling city-fortress, and Torch exited the vehicle."Who goes there?" called a voice from the rampart."Toa Torch," replied Torch. "Toa of Plasma. Former leader of the Toa Techna. I don't know if my ID transmitter is still working after the crash, but it's worth a try."The voice didn't return for half a minute. When it did return, it said in tones affected by joy, "Welcome back, Toa."The gates creaked open. Torch took a step toward them before remembering the hovercraft. Reentering it, he started its engine, shifted it into what he hoped was drive, and pressed the gas pedal gently. Leisurely, the vehicle floated through the gap; the gates closed again, blocking the northwestern horizon from view, and Torch grinned. Finally, friendly territory.As he drove through the lanes toward the tower in the middle of the city -- for what else could the Citadel be? -- Matoran, Toa, Glatorian, and numerous other species looked at him in wonder. Some cheered. Others gave halfhearted waves. Still others followed his progress with narrowed eyes, as though they couldn't believe he had cheated death.The gazes grew more intense as he neared the Citadel. When he finally arrived and parked beside the front entrance, the guards' stares felt like brands on his forehead. He tried to ignore their wonder, but their scanning of his ID only increased it. They both saluted; one had a tear in his eye, and Torch looked pointedly away as he entered the doors."Excuse me," he asked the receptionist. "This is the Citadel, right?"The receptionist, an attractive female Toa, glanced from her paperwork in surprise. "Toa Torch?" she questioned, eyes widening.Unwilling to engage her in conversation about his survival, he merely nodded. "Where is the cafeteria?"She pointed to the hallway on her left. Her eyes were still wide, and they were starting to glisten. "T-twenty-third floor, sir. Go down the hall on my left -- sir -- and take the elevator."She seemed about to fall to her knees. Torch made a hasty getaway for the elevators.

IC: Desdemona (Hallways, The Citadel)As Torch walked through the hallways, moving towards the Cafeteria, Desdemona shifted back into Jade with a small frown and accidentally bumped into him, distracted by her transformation. She spun, noticing the Toa Techna of Plasma, and the shell's memories of Torch kicked in. She smiled."Torch!" she cried, moving forward to embrace him. "It's so good to see you!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Song"The culprit is a crime lord called the Skull." Song answered, as she dusted every speck of dirt she could find off her coat. "If there's a crooked deal in the city, either he or one of his associates had something to do with it."Song donned her sunglasses. "The problem is finding him."She glanced at Auress, and felt a pang of guilt at her deception. "Hey, you alright, kid?"

IC: Belthnor"I guess I will accompany you then. I feel a need to serve the former people of Techna once more; this time: a detective."A small grin formed on his prismed face. The tall being then strolled to the door."So, are we going, or what?"

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base"Well, don't stand there like a scared Matoran, speak up already...""Sir!" came a voice from the radio. "We've got news from the wall. Torch is back!""What?" Kinksh shouted in astonishment (though it was of no purpose, as only Jikal would here it), turning quickly to the computer monitor and heading over to his workstation to look at the camera feeds being sent over to him. It was true - there he was, Torch, leader of the Toa Techna."So he did survive that crash. This brings up new difficulties...."Feeds from the Citadel streamed in to accompany it, now showing Torch encountering Jade - no longer with that blue sheen - of all people. He scratched his chin, unsure of what this could mean.He flashed a grin. "Hopefully, Skull, you know something about these... recent turns of events."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Jikal"Less than I would like." Jikal replied, taking his hat off his head. "I spent several hours buried under a pile of rubble. I had the misfortune of standing next to the Housing District when it exploded."He studied the screens carefully. "What I do know is that Glaririan shouldn't be alive. She was killed, quite brutally, during the Battle for Techna."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

-==IC: Jasrich==-Jasrich scowled, as he had his Manta ray spin around the majority of the spikes; some slicing into him, but luckily not hitting anything vital. He sped toward the end of the tunnel, only to see rubble begin to cover it."Oh mighty force; blow away my enemies and send ripples of shockwaves through their bodies... Explosion!" Jasrich called out in desperation, as he attempted to use one of his spells on the exit to the tunnel, to blow a hole in the side of the volcano if he really needed to.OOC: Albiore post tomorrow. If you want to get the group there in the meantime, have them land near the Citadel for fun. =P

OOC: Challenge Accepted. :PIC, Kinvex: "We're going to low!" said Kinvex as he took over the controls. "A bit higher..." He raised the steering device a tad, causing the Albiore's flight trajectory to become slightly bigger. With a final burst of speed, the hovercraft flew into the city, and it finally landed with a skid and a halt next to the Citadel. "Well, that went better than expected," Kinvex said gleefully as he climbed out of the damaged ship. He helped the others out, then he turned on his commie.>Gust, this is Kinvex. We've brought Airu back from Krahzia. I repeat, we've brought Airu back from Krahzia. He's alive and well.

IC: TorchTime: ~0835Outside cafeteriaTorch blinked as the figure ran into his arms and threw hers about his neck. Dang it, what was her name again--?"Um, it's good to see you too, Jade," he said awkwardly. His chin was pressing into her shoulder; he tried to move away and ease the pressure, but her arms were like steel: immoveable. He tried again -- failure once more. Blood rushed to his face. "Um, you can let go now..."

-==IC: Blade==-Blade, on the other hand, simply rushed to the door, and forced it open, as he stepped outside shakily, and panted."Never! Again!" Blade called to the others, his face paler than normal."You lot are insane!" Blade said, obviously not impressed by that trip, a bit.OOC: =P

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base"That is quite unfortunate..." Kinksh replied, shaking his head. He pointed to a monitor screen, which showed footage taken from an eyebot during the battle. It showed Jade being shot down on the battlefield... Gust rushing for her... Swuiop and Thuiop attacking him... he cut if off."That was less than an hour before the ship crashed. Where she died. Now, people normally don't come back to life, and I know of no ways, asides from what I have upon my face, which could bring in an alternate universes form of a being."He turned to another of the many monitors at the set up, where Torch was moving away from Jade now. "Based on the reports given, she was described as 'tough as nails' and 'not a pleasure to work with'. I wouldn't be surprised if we had hired her a few times, but I lose track of all the bounty hunters we hired. Now, why is the zombified corpse of a Glatorian Piraka acting like a Matoran fangirl before the until recently dead leader of the Toa Techna?""And, more so, what do you make of this?" Kinksh gestured to another monitor, which now began playing the full clips of Gust and Desdemona dueling each other.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Kal:Kal, having finished his cinnamon roll, turned to Gust, who he'd followed after due to having nothing to do. He smiled, and held up his simple hilt suggestively."Would you like to have that practice duel, now?" He asked with a grin. "Or would you rather I watched Desdemona?"IC-Edubard:Edubard smiled up at Arketh, before disengaging his parachute and allowing the heavy fabric to fly up into the shadowy being's eyes with a quick gust of air, as he dropped. After a few seconds he activated the jet pack, flying near to the ground at around twenty kio per hour, headed towards the ruins of the Techna-Nui, as opposed to the city of New Metru-Nui."A.I., whoever you are, I'm coming to get ya," he said. "I could use some help pretty soon."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Watcher" (Techna):"It might aid in your recovery if I was permitted to your name, as I can not locate you in the citizen directory just by hearing your voice. If you have access codes that I might be able to use to more quickly contact Esao, and a channel to contact him on I will be able to give them your position more quickly.," Watcher replied.

IC: JikalJikal regarded the scenes thoughtfully. "Well, I think the only explanation for her behavior is that whatever they did to bring her back wasn't quite successful. As a result she came back... Well, like that."A hand went to his chin. "But that is assuming that is even her at all. The coloring in that video," He gestured toward the duel. "Indicates it's not. As do the powers. Those don't appear to be elemental powers at all. They seem to require a voice command of some kind. Perhaps an implant? A modified version of the process to turn Matorn into S-Toa?"IC: SongSong nodded. "Alright. Let's roll."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Nikarra & Pirok (CHI)Nikarra walked away, leaving Pirok handcuffed and against a wall.A group of guards started carrying him towards the Detention Area [OOC: I think that's what it's called...] and threw him in a cell. "Ouch."Nikarra, however, sat down quietly in a corridor. There was a computer monitor nearby, so she knew there was a chance Athen might pop up, but she didn't really care.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Northern VolcanoArketh shredded the rest of the parachute with his scythe and Blacklight, watching the remains of heavy cloth fell back to the ground below. He moved to pursue the fleeing Edubard, though the sudden noise of an explosion reached him. That spell-casting Toa must have made his own escape route with his powers.Realizing the strain of keeping up with two fleeing enemies, Arketh hurled a shower of Shadow shards down on the flying Toa of Air to damage both him and his jetpack. They fell like rain towards him, their tips razor-sharp.Then he summoned a gateway to transport himself to Jasrich, following the sound of the explosion. Once there, he intended to finish off the Toa of Data with Blacklight's blade.

IC-Edubard:"Edubard a Briuis, at your service, good contstruct," the Toa of Air said formally, looking behind him and seeing all of the shadow shards. He was low to the ground, so he slipped his arms out of the jetpack's straps while still holding on. He then quickly attached an explosive charge to the jetpack and turned it towards the shadow darts.Half a second later, the jetpack exploded, sending the shadow darts flying off, some back to their owner, as Edubard rolled along the ground and came to a rest at the lip of the Techna-Nui's canyon."If I remember right," he said, "The code to enter the CHI computers is Romeo-Alpha-Zulu-Echo, thirteen, twenty-nine. Patch me through to gust, and see if you can grab a transport from inside the ship...I just lost both of mine."

profiles i guess

IC: "Watcher" (Techna):"I'm afraid that the majority of transports inside the Techna are destroyed, or are... not within my use. Other access to the system have been logged, and I am unsure of who is capable of such access as per contingency code No. 35684 in section four, subsection delta code-word-secret directive one for Toa-controlled crash-landings upon unknown alien worlds that results in the destruction of the Techna. Access should be impossible. However, I am linking into this "CHI" Network, and beginning to begin communications and file transfer as per self-preservation directive eighty-nine. In Correction to previous statement, there are vehicles available for your use Edubard a Briuis, however, this particular model, the "Thornatus" is severely outdated, and I am unsure of its effectiveness upon this world," The AI replied.Watcher identified the CHI channel and entered the code that Edubard gave him, "Attention, 'CHI' This is First Generation A.I. Sentient Being codenamed; Watcher. Your cooperation is welcome as Edubard a Briuis is in immeadiate assistance, and requests that Toa Techna Gust and Citadel Guard Easo Mandala come to his aid. Notice; as per self-preservation directive eighty-nine, I have begun to begin immediate file-transfer over this network from the Techna to your computers. Your assistance is required as per contingency code No. 35684 in section four, subsection delta code-word-secret directive one for Toa-controlled crash-landings upon unknown alien worlds that results in the destruction of the Techna. Have a nice day."

IC: Blacklight / Northern VolcanoWith the intent in Arkeths heart being focused on slaying Jasrich with the blade, Blacklight pulsed a brilliant (but still ominous and dark...) red energy out, activating its Fear abilities to strike terror into its enemies heart.IC: Kinksh / New Metru-NuiKinksh didn't take his gaze away from the monitors showing current activity. "I know not what this could mean. It might be in that huge book the Old Man left for us, but that's about it. Otherwise, I'm completely dumbfounded."That came as a shocker. Kinksh never admitted himself to be at a loss for information on something, at least, never as openly as this."This is no implant. It's something else... something new. It could be key phrases from an older language, such as the incantations required in certain forms of the so called 'old magic' that some species were forced to use as a trigger for powers. But how did Gust so suddenly become like this, I wonder?"IC: Ezraftin / TunnelsEzraftin hurled a sphere of light up ahead to light the way ahead. The tunnels were seemingly empty...The sound of metal clashing against metal...He turned around, with Hrunja and Trakuda on both sides. Aiming a flashlight like beam, he could see a swarm of Vahki turning the bend behind and coming towards them..."Run or fight?" he asked, drawing his axe and charging it up with light energy. His intentions were certainly clear.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Edubard:"I don't recall telling you that I wanted them to actually come out here," Edubard muttered, not aware that his words were broadcast to CHI. "And yes, I would like that Thornatus, if you can pull it out. It'd probably be more effective here than the hovercraft-it was made to travel desert environments." Edubard thought for a moment."I have an idea, Watcher-Transfer yourself from the computers within the Techna-Nui to my implant. It'll make watching out for myself much easier, with your help, and you can leave a subroutine to continue the file transfer."

profiles i guess

IC: TorchTime: ~0836Hallway outside Citadel's cafeteriaGently, Torch took her arms from around his neck. The motion slid her hands onto his shoulders, and this -- plus her pout -- made Torch hesitant to open any more distance between them."No, I haven't seen Gust yet," he said, glancing around and wondering what Gust would say if he saw Jade in such close proximity to him. "Why would he be mad at you? Wait" -- here he activated his implant; the message Rebooting, please wait... appeared on his transparent HUD -- "I'll call him."Reboot successful. Currently running tOS v.3.4.Enter command?> Contact Gust.Contacting Gust... Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Krash (Krahzia)"Always faster, always goes! This.. is.. the..." Krash continued walking, dragging and singing his way around Krahzia. IC: Daykia (CHI)After standing there for a few more seconds, Daykia simply walked over to a chair and sat down. "How much more will happen today..." she wondered aloud.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: JikalJikal tapped his chin, deep in thought."If we assume that these powers Gust has gained are old, should we not assume his methods were old as well?"Jikal pointed at a screen shot of Desdemona. "The Glatorian's behavior is out of the ordinary, yes? What if it isn't her in the body at all?"IC: SongSong stepped outside of the bar, thinking. Where should I check first? She mused.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:From what I know of criminals, Aclaraung thought to Song, They'd be someplace nondescript. Not necessarily to the point that one would never notice it, but something that was just a bit of an everyday thing. Like an office building...or even hidden somewhere within the government itself. Of either side. He hummed for a bit to himself.Why haven't we dropped this mental contact yet? He thought suddenly. It is useful, I'll admit, but if we keep it up too much longer we may find some...unintended consequences.

profiles i guess

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base"So perhaps a possessing spirit, taking hold over the body? That's what you're suggesting?""If that is the case," he continued. "Gust could easily have been granted the powers by that being. But what could that little brawl have been about?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: SongSuch as? Song asked, curiosity floating over the link. I've never sustained one of these for more than a few minutes.IC: JikalJikal shrugged. "This is Gust we're talking about. Perhaps the spirit insulted his girlfriend. Or maybe the changes were forced. Or maybe it refused to make him a sandwich. That Toa is far from stable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base"You might have just made the greatest understatement in history, you know that?"He stopped a moment, as if contemplating his next move."I have made contact with Spherus Magna."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung.A couple other, normal Mystix I met who surprisingly shared my beliefs were both highly skilled in mental abilities, Aclaraung thought, Unlike I, skilled more so with flame and physical fighting. They kept the link together for so long that their minds merged...permanently. It progressed to an unnatural point.Aclaraung sent Song a series of mental images, showing her the story quickly. It got to the point where when one died, the other did as well, he thought. Though the benefits may far outweigh the costs, for two such as us, it might be best to terminate this contact once the mission has ended.

profiles i guess

IC: JikalJikal raised an eyebrow. 'Using the Olmak, of course. What are the state of affairs back home?"IC: SongAh. In that case, we might want to terminate the link immediately. After all, I might die at any moment.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung gave a quick snort of laughter, a draconic smile turning up the corners of his mouth.Our minds are not melded to that extent, little sister, he thought to her, still smiling. I have no idea at all of what you are planning, and I highly doubt you are thinking of hunting a nice, juicy deer, the scent of the scared deer running in the bush, you following it, crawling along because your wings are useless...Aclaraung scented the air with his tongue, his hearts already pounding. The thrill as you pounce upon the creature, it's eyes wide and rolling in surprise as you bite down at the base of its neck, the warm blood pouring down around your jaws... He shook himself, a bit of acidic saliva falling to the ground and hissing."Sorry about that," he growled out loud.

profiles i guess

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base"The Syndicate has fallen to exist only in a couple major cities - there were eight major operations and dozens smaller when I left; now I could count the minor ones on my hand, and the only major location is our old headquarters. Of course, I have already begun to make the changes. We will need to begin expanding our operation here to starting up a few more, apparently at least, legal pieces of work. Mining operations and the like, for this planet has plenty of metals, and our home is a much more... verdant place.""Starting up an improved supply flow, with better weapons and equipment than even the CHI, and plentiful quantities of food, we will have control over this entire little world, from the CHI to the guard to the politicians to the rabble. It won't be too long until I spread reach to Krahzia as well, as their defenses are all but meaningless with this.""Once New Metru-Nui and Krahzia are in our grasp, we will rip this planet dry of what little natural resources it has. By then, the Golden Hammer will have reclaimed its full power in our home, and we will return in triumph. Then, when age takes me, you will assume my position and seek out a new successor. No doubt you will inherit Rinnder, as I doubt the fool even can die.""Even the Dark Hunters could never imagine the days I see ahead! We need but take the first steps..."OOC: I actually came up with that one on the spot, because I needed something dramatic.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: JikalJikal shook his head at how far the organization had fallen."I like this plan."Jikal paused a beat. "By the way. How would you deal with a Toa of Psionics?"IC: SongSong actually laughed. You're probably right. But if I die and the link is still up, you'll have the unpleasant experience of feeling me die. At least, I'm told it;s unpleasant.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:I have died before, Aclaraung cryptically told Song, And I could die again-the experience is not unpleasant. It is a blissful relief. He turned to face Song.And it is helpful to have another being to share your final thoughts with, he said. Another being...who could truly understand what you mean to say.

profiles i guess

IC: SongSong eyed the dragon.I don't know that I know what I will want to say, when the time comes. She sighed, out loud. I mean, really. I'm pretty young, by our standards. What do I want to say, thanks for giving me life, then taking it away so soon?Her words rang bitter.I'm sorry. It's not fair to make you listen to me rant. I'm resigned to my fate.IC: JikalJikal smiled slightly. "Maybe I should be more specific. How would you go about killing them? I've tested the water. She took out a moderately successful hit team in less than a minute, despite her condition."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:Do not withhold it, Aclaraung commented, wisely. That only helps to quicken you to your demise. However, one thing I must say-you shall not truly know what you wish to say until the time comes. Now, however, I may only wish unto you a long life with many years...Though not too many, He thought, laughing. They get tiresome after a while.Besides that, you can't truly be sure you will need to speak...or be able to. I chose not to speak once it happened. I merely shared my thoughts and impressions with my brother...as you saw when I showed you, the Dragon finished.

profiles i guess

IC: SongSong blinked in surprise.Now it makes more sense. Song replied. That was you.She sighed. I'm never sure to be glad I did as well with the cards I was dealt, or to wish I had a better hand.She withdrew her deck from her sleeve, and shuffled. Ironically, I was always the lucky one.

fK5oqYf.jpg