Techna: Breakdown

IC: Kinksh / Hospital RoomHe pulled out a bouncy ball and threw it at the wall, easily catching the rebound and repeating it over and over again as he lay on Songs still bloody sheets. His eyes darted from Jasik, to Airu, to Ryjak, and he said, "So, we've got General Airu, the military leader of New Metru-Nui and second only to Torch, Gust, and the latter's reanimated girlfriend. Then we have Ryjak, leader of Krahzia. And pretty boy. Somehow I feel you three are all pretty close.""And why in the name of Mata-Nui are you in this hospital room instead of somewhere else? This is the worst hospital bed ever, of all time."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Ezraftin + AMTaOS / Testing Facility"I need a way out of here." Ezraftin said firmly. "Okay... let's see. Have to tried using your powers on the walls? She could be lying.""No, I'm really not. You're just not very smart."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Ezraftin / Testing Facility"Well you may be happy merely sitting here and doing nothing, but do you realize that we're in a facility built around the CKC, and sitting right underneath the Legendary Mask of Life itself? We are practically within shouting distance of Mata-Nui, and with your powers, we can actually reach him!"He fired another laser beam at the ceiling, this time managing to cut away at it badly, but not enough. It would take forever at his rate.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Auress (The Citadel, Hospital Room):Auress struggled to remain calm until the second the door closed behind her. Then she started to break down, keeling on the floor, holding Song's hand, "I-was-ontop-the-citadel-with-you-and-everyone-and-I-got-a-message-saying-that-you-were-evil-and-I-should-kill-you."She took a deep breath, crying under her mask, "Please don't kill me," she pleaded.

IC-Aclaraung:"You haven't attempted to kill either of us," Aclaraung said through the mental link. "So we have no reason to kill you. You have let reason win out over simple guile and fear, you should be commended."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

-==IC: Kairan==-"How many more of them are there...?" Kairan asked with a frown, even as he shot a couple more hackers in the legs; enough to throw off their attention, but not enough to kill them. That's what the electric ball he tossed toward them after was for.

IC: SongSong was quiet for what seemed like an eternity.Then, she knelt down, causing Auress to flinch. But instead of striking her, Song wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug. "Why would I do that? You were honest, and to be blunt, you didn't kill me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC:

IC-Kal:Kal managed to keep up with the Matoran, resisting the urge to wave at Niman, up in the penthouse of the hotel nearest them. He smiled, flexing his fists, his blades shooting out and retract quickly."Alright then. I'll take the left side of the battlefield, you'll take the right. Deal?"IC-Hasil:"One-hundred one...one-hundred two..." Hasil continued to count, bullets pinging off of the shield created by his Hau, or being caught in his armoured robes as he slashed at hackers. One managed to avoid Hasil's sword, coming in and raising a knife high. Hasil quickly whipped out an as'ei, stabbing the hacker in the gut before slashing across his enemy's throat.He then took the dying hacker's knife, throwing it into the eye of another before continuin his attack."One-hundred three...One-hundred four..." Slash. "One-hundred five..."

IC: "Whatevs," Mars said, perching on a pipe. She scanned the rooftops. Sniper support was common in urban warfare; perhaps some prey could be found there...It didn't take the 'matoran' long at all to find one of her prey. Without a word, she was off, flying across the rooftops as though she were racing again

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC-Kal:Kal silently ran along after Mars, to help take out the sniper's spotter. Soon enough, they were both at the Sniper's hide, ready to take out their targets. Kal stepped up, the spotter hearing him and turning around, a look of primal fear and hate in his eyes.The Toa of Plasma punched his enemy in the throat, his knuckle blade silencing any scream or yell that may have come from the being's throat. He gently laid the dead hacker down, policing any ammo. It turned out that Kal wasn't the only one fond of the KRA-7.

profiles i guess

IC: Ezraftin / Testing Facility"With luck, it hasn't been taken already. This whole facility, if we're still in it, which I would assume we are, was built around the CKC. Where the Mask was stored as the SCPU. Get into the towers top levels and we reclaim the Mask, and have the guidance of Mata-Nui once more."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Mars merely flicked her hand out and extended claws. She had come to a stop a little away from Kal and with that hand higher than the other.The sniper's head jerked up and over his cover, rifle unmoving. It had been caught within the powerful magnetic field she exerted. Within seconds, it had rammed itself onto the 'matoran's claws.Mars retracted them without expression, flicking the blades to clean off the blood. Then she retracted and prepared to move on."I was pretty sure ya said ya were gonna do the other side of the field," She said before turning and sprinting off to the next.

[Profiles]

IC-Kal:"This is the left, depending on which perspective you take," Kal said, smiling as he ran off the other direction-the first couple enemies had been the splitting point. Soon he came upon another two enemies near him, though he quickly rolled behind a large air-conditioner atop the building, keeping himself hidden from view.One had an AV-L19 pulse rifle, the other a TA Mark 6 shotgun with dragon's breath rounds. Kal quickly assessed his options, coming to a plan. He drew his curve-hilted weapon, pressing the activation stud as a beam of green plasma extended outwards. He then quickly flipped over the air conditioning unit, stabbing the shotgun-wielding hacker through the heart from behind. He gasped, sliding off the blade and falling to the ground.The sniper himself turned, raising his weapon. Kal sliced the barrel off of the sniper rifle, and rolled backwards. His reflexes were faster than the hacker's-when the hacker attempted to fire, the AV-L19, missing a focusing barrel, suffered a catastrophic defect. It exploded, removing the hacker's hands and severly burning him from the waist up to his face, half-melting the mask.Kal grimly stepped out, grabbing the hacker by the throat. This one he knew, he went by the name of Vitiate. Kal's old brother."Ah, and now you kill your last surviving family member," the other Toa of Plasma taunted. "In the most agonizing way possible. Tell me, what's it like being in charge back there?" Vitiate coughed, blood spattering the ground but not touching Kal."I don't know, but I doubt I can tell you how long I've waited for this," Kal growled, his grip tightening. Vitiate began to scrabble at his brother's hands, though he laughed."Truly?" Vitiate coughed out, laughing still. "Well, then, killing me for your own personal revenge, not for what I'm doing now, eh? You and I aren't so alike, brother," he growled, laughing more.Kal glared at his brother, squeezing his hand tighter, his rage at his memories lending him the strength he needed. He didn't even have to worry about choking his brother-he grasped so hard he not only crushed Vitiate's windpipe, but he managed to crack the vertebrae. Soon, he would crush the nervous chord.Then a worm of doubt began to eat at him. Should he truly do this? This man was his brother, after all. His grip began to loosen slightly, giving Vitiate the time needed to kick his brother backwards. The now mute Toa launched plasma at his brother, having no hands with which to grasp a sword. Kal easily deflected the blasts, stepping up to his brother. He kicked his brother backwards, sending him falling ten stories to the ground. He landed, a surprised expression on his face as blood leaked from his now-lifeless body. Kal deactivated his weapon, and continued onwards.

profiles i guess

IC: 21...22...23...Mars sprawled behind a bannister. Her face was cool, her hand cold.In it lay her rifle. One of her eyes peered through the semiautomatic's scope.She fired.A Hacker spun in place. The toa spat blood before his kanohi was acquainted with a dumpster....24...All Hacker snipers for kio around sat or lay by their guns, red liquid dripping from ruined eyes and shattered chests. Each stared blankly off into space with that same idle slit for a mouth.Mars had taken care to kill each and every one. No one could oppose her...She ruled the roof.Fleeing Hackers took rounds to the occiput. Ones trying to climb to the roof were blasted into oblivion with a MP3 shot. Those trying to hide were stabbed ruthlessly by her tantou and left up against walls with ammunition and arms looted.. Even the occasional block or dodge was countered with a low-velocity tomahawk.Mars fired again. A high-velocity round drilled through a Vortixx' head to burst out the other side....25...

[Profiles]

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)"Mars, darling," I said into my comm, blowing open a Hacker's cheek with a high-powered sniper bullet, "save some for the rest of us."Boom. Another Hacker down: my bullet had hit him right between the lips, acting as a lead Moses parting the Red Sea of the attacker's mouth. I grinned as I watched him collapse to the ground, bubbling blood from the chasm that had become his lower jaw."After all, this is supposed to be fun for all of us."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC-Kal:Kal stabbed another hacker, no long smiling at the death he caused. His brother had brought up unwanted, repressed memories of what they both had done, memories that sickened Kal."When we view this as fun," the Toa of Plasma said, continuing to another roof, "We're no better than they are." He blasted plasma at a hacker who was running away, cutting the fleeing man down. The Glatorian fell to the battle below, knocking over a few of his allies."But we fight nonetheless." Kal drew his lightsaber, advancing upon the hacker nearest him, a lone marksman. The hacker, a small Matoran, had a look of fear on her face as she backed away from the Toa of Plasma."Please, no," she begged, finding herself against the wall, shaking in fear. "I didn't want to do this, I was forced to, I swe-" she was cut off, a rattling gasp escaping her throat as she found herself impaled on a shimmering blade of plasma. Her heartlight began to fade, as she slowly swayed to the side, dropping to the rooftop and sliding off the lightsaber.Kal spared a couple moments to look at the body, before continuing along, occasionally firing down at the hackers in the streets. The battle, originally a barely-maintained defensive front, was turning into a rout.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: "But, dear Esao," Mars replied. "Everyone's equal in this."She strapped the 52 back on. Her claws unsheathed."It's just that..."Mars leaped from the roof. Landing on the ground in a crouch, she drew her tantou.Then the 'matoran' proceeded to throw her full force into the remaining Hackers. That was to say, all twelve of them."Some are more equal than others."26-27-28-29...

[Profiles]

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)I temporarily lowered my sniper rifle, in horrorstruck awe of what I was seeing. In all my years of government service...in all my years of service to the Drazens...I'd never killed a Matoran. A kid."Dear Lord, Kal..." I whispered unknowingly into my comm.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Kal:"She was completely aware of her actions, acting as an adult, the same as Mars. She brought it upon herself." Kal continued along, shrugging off any feelings brought from the death. This was no source of entertainment or sadness for him anymore. It was just a job."Keep your focus, Mandala. We aren't done yet, there are still at least five of these nuisances left."

profiles i guess

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)I half-heartedly fired a shot into the leg of a Hacker, sending him to the ground. He reached for his gun, aiming to try and fire a shot towards the roof, but I fired a bullet into his hand, obliterating it; staring into the eyes of the injured Hacker through my scope, I turned my rifle and incapacitated the Hacker that was spotting him from the roof above."Whatever you say, Matrapolix," I muttered into the comm before shutting it off. I needed this time to myself.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Kal:Kal tossed down the final sniper, not even taking the time to stab the surprised Vortixx and give it a merciful death. That was the last of them, besides that injured hacker. Kal quickly jumped down, advancing on the being.He glared down at the Toa. "You probably already know what I'm about to ask," he said calmly, with an almost robotic monotone. "Why not just give me the answers now?"

profiles i guess

-==IC: Syran==-There might have been five hackers; now three; who were sniping from the roof... However, one of them, if people looked, suddenly fell to a knee, gripping at his chest, as he fearfully looked around, and then collapsed to the ground, seemingly on his own. However, the real cause for that, of course, was the Avsa that Syran wore; as she didn't pick any sides, and showed that, as she drained the life and emotions from the Hacker in question without remorse.OOC: Let's assume that she killed the person between the Esao and Kal post; makes sense too, given Kal jumped from 3(Excluding injured person) to only 1 injured person. =P

NPC: Hacker (Roof, Housing District)"Come on, man!" screamed the Hacker. "I don't know anything...!"IC: Gust (Penthouse, The Citadel)Finally, the Toa Techna of Air slipped into his penthouse, watching Desdemona curled up on the couch. She tilted her head up and smiled at him, stopping when she saw the heavy bandages around his throat."I...I may be able to help you, Gust.">I don't want your help, Desdemona.The Great Being looked confused."So...what do you want?"Her brow only furrowed further when Gust locked the door; finally, realization hit her, and her wide blue eyes opened up to an enormous degree as Gust drew his gun.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Kal:Kal kicked the hacker in the face, sending him down to the ground with blood streaming from his nose, before Kal picked him up by the throat."I don't tolerate liers," the Toa of Plasma growled, before tossing the hacker into a wall near him. He then stepped forward again, clenching his fists and revealing his blades.

profiles i guess

OOC: Ooh boy, things just got complicated.-==IC: Kairan==->Situation report; what's the status of the enemies? Kairan asked over the comm links, as he noticed a break in the fighting for the moment, but didn't know if there were any more hackers in the shadows or not.

NPC: Hacker (Roof, Housing District)"Easy, killer!" he screamed in pain, clutching his mutilated nose. "I'm just a grunt! I don't know whatever it is you're looking for!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan panted for a moment, but nodded."That's good." Kairan said, as he straightened up, and placed his sword back on his back, and holstered his gun."Where's the rendezvous point, the hotel where Gust had been taken?" Kairan inquired, not 100% certain of that.

IC-Kal:Kal ignored Quada, punching the hacker in the gut. The blade lacerated his intestines, blood beginning to pour out of the wound, the hackers life pouring out as a viscous, red liquid. Which Kal quickly cauterized with plasma-he was going to keep this going as long as possible."Of course not," he growled. "You're all kept out of the loop." He drew his lightsaber, slicing off the hacker's arm with pre-ruined hand at the elbow. The hacker doubled over in pain, curling up on the ground until Kal kicked him out of his position, the hacker groaning in terror.

profiles i guess