Techna: Breakdown

IC: Esao (Roof, Housing District)Finally, I made my way to the Shaddix Enterprises HQ rooftop; it was one of the three highest buildings in the district, and there was a nice little cluster of AC units that could be used for cover. Much better sniper's nest than some stupid penthouse. I snuck up behind the Hacker currently occupying this lovely little birds-eye view of everywhere and prepared to cut his throat before I realized something: this was the same position that the bullet that struck down Gust had come from.This guy had shot my squadmate. A huge part of my wanted to kill him right now. Instead, I slammed my rifle barrel into his head. I'd let Torch deal with him.Stripping him of his weapons and Kanohi, I dragged the Hacker to an AC unit and tied him to it before starting to snipe: two quickly fired bullets cut down two enemy snipers in succession."So, Ryllia, dear, about that wedding..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: TorchTime: ~0900Citadel lobbyTorch burst out the front doors with the force of a small explosion.> Activate PPS.Planetary Positioning System activated. Enter location?> Red Star Apartments, Central Plaza.Searching network for locations...Downloading directions...Directions downloaded. Destination north-northwest. Turn right.As the directions led Torch from street to street and the machine-gun fire increased its volume, the Toa of Plasma realized belatedly that he had no weapons. And here he had been expecting to survive for Gust's breakfast. His powers had been wired to his plasma cannon; considering it was now lying derilect on a cafeteria table, his control over plasma would be limited.Lock me in Karzahni if I care about that now.The sudden sound of gunfire brought him to his senses. He ducked toward a building as bullets struck the ground beyond him. When the Hacker on the rooftop leaned over to fire, Torch was already inside the building.Thirty seconds later, several wild gunshots were heard, and the same Hacker was thrown bodily off the rooftop.Torch now ran from roof to roof, watching for guns even as he kept an eye on his directions.Turn left to reach your destination.Torch turned left. He was now walking on air.He fell to the ground hard but remained intact. He ran half-blindly across the street, slamming through the front doors of the apartment complex and quickly ducking behind a wall.Biting his tongue, he contacted Gust. Someone had to be with him... right?

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: TorchTime: ~0905Red Star ApartmentsTorch's head snapped up at the ringing. At first, incomprehension. Then realization as he burst through the double-doors.Lying on a table in the middle of the cafeteria, a large bandage wrapped around his neck, was Gust. Torch's lips tightened as he turned off Gust's comm for him. The bandage was soaked with blood; what did the wound beneath it look like?He grasped Gust's hand for lack of anything better to do.> Contact Esao.Contacting Esao.Contacting Esao..Contacting Esao..."Yo, Esao, I'm in the cafeteria with Gust. D'you have any assistance you can send my way to help me return Gust to the Citadel?"

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)"No, I said, sounding slightly less vengeful; Torch and Gust's friendship was well known, bordering on romantic (and more than just bordering, according to a lot of Technans) and when I compared my love-hate relationship with the Toa Techna of Air to his, I didn't have nearly as much to be angry about. "Just a sniper's nest on the Shaddix roof. I do have something else for you, though."It was a shame that Torch couldn't see the grin on my face right now."I have the Hacker that shot him."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)"Oh, he's tied to an AC unit. Still alive, still relatively unharmed. Consider it a welcome home present."I could almost feel the tension radiating from the link. It would probably give me brain cancer."Listen. Stay with Gust, alright? He...he could probably use you around right now. I'll get this guy back to the Citadel and you can deal with him at night. I'll keep him sleep deprived and unfed for you until you're ready to deal with him."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Esao (Shaddix Enterprises, Housing District)"No prob. We'll keep the place guarded while more medics come around. Just stick with him and make sure he doesn't die. Esao out."I disconnected the link and shot another Hacker in the neck, sending him spiraling to the ground.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Well, two/three pages. I'm impressed! The end is nigh!IC: Watcher (NMN):The AI briefly disconnected himself from all communication systems and let out a fiendish howl. He was watching the city descend into chaos, and he couldn't do a thing about it than sit back and watch. The AI watched operating cameras, some mounted on helmets, others streetcams, security cams. To the AI, it seemed like the end again. He couldn't do anything... But he could protect his daughter. Without Auress' permission, he split himself in two, and quickly flash-transferred a half to Auress...IC: Auress (NMN):Auress quickly rushed back to Song's operating room and entered. She froze at the rooms occupants, and didn't move. In her head, she was to surprised to notice the AI's newfound residence...IC: Iruson (A bit outside NMN):The Glatorian simply watched the destruction, saying nothing. Away and a bit above some of the smaller houses of the city, he had a nice view of everything, and he doubted any of the Hackers would find him. If they did, they would be sorry...

IC: TorchTime: ~0906Red Star Apartments cafeteriaClick. Esao was gone, presumably assisting in the defense of this apartment complex.Which meant Torch was alone to do nothing.He glanced to Gust. I should've brought bandages, he thought, I should've grabbed a weapon just in case, I should've...No. He had done enough already. All he could do now was wait.Sitting by Gust's makeshift bed, Torch knew this would be the most torturous wait he had ever experienced.A chill crept up his spine, a non sequitur to his anxiety. Torch ignored it.* * * * *NPCTime: ~0900Eidos's quarters, Tarei"Sir" -- an Umbrae servant appears at Eidos's door and knocks -- "the generals are requesting your presence for a status meeting."Silence.Again the servant knocks upon the blank wooden door, which only frowns upon him in return. "General Eidos?" the Umbrae calls, opening the door ever so slowly. "General, the other generals are--"His sentence hangs in the air. Eidos is gone. A single piece of paper lies upon his desk; fearfully, as if he is breaking some unwritten dogma of the military, the servant crosses the room. The note is curt in typical Eidos fashion, the handwriting sketchy and rushed.I am absent. Do not contact me. Do not follow me. -Eidos

Edited by Legolover-361

IC-Sihkar:"Have you found Eidos yet, you bloody little..." the Sihkar started to say, stalking up behind the Umbrae servant, then he noticed the note there. "Well, great. Now who's going to stand in for him?"IC-Ryllia:"That'll have to wait a bit, Esao dear," I said sarcastically, crouched down just inside the hotel, the others in there with me. Except Hasil, he was still running around slashing hackers to bits.Even without a Kakama, that Toa was fast, I have to say.IC-Hasil:"Thirty-three..." Hasil sliced down another hacker, and stabbed a second. "Thirty-four...thirty-five..."IC-Kal:"Monitor her carefully, be ready to step in at a moment's notice if you have to," Kal said. "Why am I telling you how to do your job?" Kal then turned to Mars."Oh, Mars, if you're getting bored there's a rather large hacker force attacking the Housing District. Tain just ran off that way, and I figured it might be high time we went there as well-Aclaraung is still outside to keep watch over Song.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)"Sir?"Torch turned; a medic was approaching with a grim look on his face. "I'm one of the on-site medics from the TOA team. I've been the one examining Gust's throat. The results..."He sighed."The bullet tore right through his throat, in and out. His voice box was damaged during the exit. He'll be mute. Perhaps permanently."He noted the stricken look in Torch's eyes and lowered his own gaze, trying not to lose his composure at the look."Sir, he has you listed as his next of kin. Were you aware of this?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: TorchTime: ~0907Red Star Apartments cafeteriaThe pressure inside Torch's heart worsened. "No," he said, almost choking on his own words. "I... I didn't know."A Gust who couldn't sing, couldn't speak, couldn't quip in such a flippant way as to render Torch's grim demeanor futile? -- but then, perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. Surely being mute was better than being killed by a bullet through the windpipe.His next breath was as deep as Gust's was shallow. "How much more can you do for him out here?"

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)>He can get me a decent bloody meal, rang out a feeble text in Torch's mind. When the Toa of Plasma looked over, he would see his friend, grinning softly and clenching his eyes in pain. I think I dropped my wallet outside.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Amalia/Belthnor:Belthnor had become cautious of the two Toa that ventured into the caves. Maybe they were planning to attack him. He tried to kick out those thoughts in his mind, but he was overwhelmed by his fear and anger. His eyes became slits, and reactivated the electricity in the cave. He used his Crast to repell boulders in the way of the caves, and left, an evil grin forming in his mouth.Amalia heard a faint humming in the cave, along with the sound of boulders crashing against the cave entrance.Belthnor! She called out, getting no response. Amalia turned to Blade with a worried look. "Electricity!"

IC: AMTaOS + Ezrafin / Testing Lab"I'm sorry. We have a failure of communications. That failure being that you feel you have a choice. Spoiler - you don't.""Come on Hrunja! Stop babbling at the ceiling, let's get out of this room!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Blade==-Blade growled, even as he stopped, and put Amalia down."That Piraka... Ceiling!" Blade yelled out, even as he began to absorb the lightning once more, that chose that time to release from the walls."Break the ceiling, teleport out, and try to levitate me out if possible!!" Blade stated with a wince, as he was taking the brunt of the lightning attack, and wasn't certain if he could handle it.

IC: NPC MedicThe doctor threw his hands up in frustration, as he walked over to Kal and Mars. "There is absolutely nothing I can do. She's either going to kill herself waking up, or sink back into a coma for a long, slow death."He sighed. "I'm open to suggestions. After all, she has no next of kin to ask."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: NPC MedicThe doctor shook his head sadly. "She's been dying for a long time. She's just gotten good at hiding it."He put a hand on Auress' shoulder. "I just don't know what I can do to help her."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)>Just get him to grab me a cinnamon roll or something. I'm dying here.The room grew awkwardly silent for a minute.>Too soon? I felt like that was too soon.-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: TorchTime: ~0905Red Star Apartments cafeteriaGust: Just get him to grab me a cinnamon roll or something. I'm dying here.Gust: Too soon? I felt like that was too soon.> Torch: Yes, Gust. That was too soon."Can you get him something small, like a roll?" Torch relayed to the medic.The medic shook his head. "He's in too unstable of a condition to eat solid food. He needs to be fed intravenously."Gust: Tell him I will cram my fist intravenously up his"--I think he's ready for food," Torch said.The medic sighed. "Whatever you say, Toa. There should be some food left in the kitchen -- I'll look through it, see if I can find anything small for Gust to ingest." He went to do so. Torch glared at Gust, who gave an innocent -- and pained -- smile in return.OOC: Gust's intravenous line comes courtesy of Tyler / Spawn.

IC: Amalia:Amalia quickly forced her telekinetic powers upon the celling of the caves, causing it to break and fracture. She forced the broken rock into the shattering celling, and blew a hole through it. She teleported onto the top of the hole, gripping Blade with telekinesis. She focused greatly on keeping him stable, as lifting beings via telekinesis was not one of Amalia's forte. She gripped his hands, heaving him out of the electrifying hole. She collapsed with exhaustion on the rocky surface, gasping for air."You... okay?'

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)"So - acck!" Gust started, trying to speak and failing; blood bubbled in the Toa Techna of Air's throat, choking him. He tried desperately again to make a pun, then a witty one-liner. Both times, his throat failed him, and Gust began to pant.>What happened? I can't speak. Torch, I can't speak!-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: TorchTime: ~0906Red Star Apartments cafeteria"Yeah, uh," Torch began, "you're... not going to be able to speak for a very long time. See, when you were shot" -- Gust's horrified eyes met Torch's in a plea for good news -- "the bullet destroyed your vocal cords. I'm sorry. The medic says you may be mute for the rest of your life."Gust's silence was somehow more frightening than any questionably appropriate joke he had made over the hundred thousand plus years he had known Torch.The medic returned with yogurt. "It's got bacteria that will boost Gust's immune system," he said, "and it's soft, so his throat won't have to do too much work." He prodded a filled spoon at Gust's mouth, but the Toa of Air kept it resolutely closed, fixating his eyes on Torch.Torch rolled his own eyes. "Give it to me," he grunted, avoiding Gust's gaze as he fed him a spoonful. "You know, you owe me a second breakfast and an extra turn cleaning Sparx."Gust: Admit it. You like this.> Torch: Make that TWO extra turns cleaning Sparx.Gust: :3When the yogurt was gone, the medic sent Torch to throw out the empty container whilst he examined Gust's condition. When Torch returned, the medic was scribbling on a clipboard. "He's tough as nails," he said, "but he needs plenty of bedrest and perhaps a small operation before his neck can handle the strain of normal activity.""How long will that take?""Maybe two days, total."

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)>Torch.The seriousness, the fragile resolve in the text, though not conveyed through words, resonated like a church bell in Torch's head. Coming from the jovial Toa Techna of Air, it was enough to drive somebody to tears>What's up, man?>How...how will I sing?-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

-==IC: Blade==-Blade gasped in pain, as he slammed into the ground; not just from the telekinesis, but from falling to a knee after standing."Get... back..." Blade panted, even as electricity surrounded him."... Oh, and... cover your eyes." Blade warned, even as he stumbled to a safe distance, a glow surrounding him, as the electricity grew more intense.Well this was stupid. Blade thought with a wince, as he held his hands in front of him, upward to the sky, away from Amalia, even as he concentrated.I have to get rid of the electricity... any. way. possible.OOC: Time for Blade to lose his powers.

IC: Gust (Red Star Apartments, Housing District)Gust's face paled slightly, and the two Toa Techna didn't text for about a minute. Finally, two heartbroken messages slid into Torch's brain. The silent sobs were almost audible as Gust's mind began to translate thoughts into syllables.>Does anybody really see anyone? Does anybody really see anyone?>Does anybody really see anything? Does anybody really see anything?More silence.>I want to die.Gust squeezed Torch's hand, and finally, the tears started to fall for real.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME