Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

I type this for any following post, please type modification as a whole instead of trying to bypass the filter, it'll only get you in trouble. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know.

Couple of questions,

Are the sprites temporary or just not working for me(They come up as arrows, iron swords, etc.)

Some of the names seem to come up as blank.

Edited by Toa Leva

How Do you do?

Couple of questions, Are the sprites temporary or just not working for me(They come up as arrows, iron swords, etc.)Some of the names seem to come up as blank.
The sprites are supposed to be that way and it'll remain so till I get my nephew to send me the sprites he made a few months ago. Untill then I try to use fitting sprites, like arrows as staffs and such.What names exactly don't you get? Cause it should be suppowed to work wor all the weapons if you install the lang right and you change you langue to US english, the blank names for all the rest are okay and are supposed to be fixed in the next update(2 days)

I'm back!

Just as a suggestion, could you code it to have a seperate launcher?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Short answer: NopeLong answer: It's already hard and time consuming to make small modifications like I'm doing now, no realistic man could build a seperate launcher without being bussy with code all day long. I'm pretty good I must admit, but I remain a kid of 14.

I'm back!

Short answer: NopeLong answer: It's already hard and time consuming to make small modifications like I'm doing now, no realistic man could build a seperate launcher without being bussy with code all day long. I'm pretty good I must admit, but I remain a kid of 14.

However, the Technic Launcher now also has an option for custom modpacks. Basically, define the .zips, and you're good to go.

Or you could just use the Magic Launcher, which has an easy option to add Mods by default, and has by many been described as "the Minecraft launcher as it should have been".

iquXD5X.png

How do you learn all this stuff at 14? Just saying, I could find a way to transport this onto Minecraft pocket edition, but it will take a while.

Wow, I'm jealous. I'm older than that, and you've done more work on this than I have. Toa fist bump!

I tried out the first release, and not bad. The effects are simple, and work well. I'll have to ask you for the coding when I get that far. You probably just copied the flint & steel coding, right?

By the way, your language file gives me an idea. Would it be possible to make a Matoran Language File? :D Just sayin', that would be awesome. Especially if the signs change too (haven't tested it yet).

Can't wait to see the next release! Thanks for doing this, hopefully I'll be able to get some progress as well sometime. Spring break's coming up (for me at least), so I might be able to do something by then.

And if you need sprites, I do have my sheet here. It has all the masks, Toa, Turaga, and Protodermic tools, and a few miscellaneous things. Feel free to use it.

Edited by Click

By the way, your language file gives me an idea. Would it be possible to make a Matoran Language File? :D Just sayin', that would be awesome. Especially if the signs change too (haven't tested it yet).

That would just be the font image file changing or a simple file swap, I'll work on that.

How Do you do?

How do you learn all this stuff at 14? Just saying, I could find a way to transport this onto Minecraft pocket edition, but it will take a while.

Interers, pure interest. In my opinion the best way of spending your time is programming, you browse the internet for tuturials and ask your dad and you're good to go. It's just me being me :)

Wow, I'm jealous. I'm older than that, and you've done more work on this than I have. Toa fist bump!

I tried out the first release, and not bad. The effects are simple, and work well. I'll have to ask you for the coding when I get that far. You probably just copied the flint & steel coding, right?

Not flint and steel, think of it as an invisible snowball launched by a sword with a possbility of adapting the OnImpact code :) (You pressed right mouse button while holding a sword right?)

*Gives Toa fist bumb*

Can't wait to see the next release! Thanks for doing this, hopefully I'll be able to get some progress as well sometime. Spring break's coming up (for me at least), so I might be able to do something by then.

And if you need sprites, I do have my sheet here. It has all the masks, Toa, Turaga, and Protodermic tools, and a few miscellaneous things. Feel free to use it.

Thanks for the sprites, I'll try to implent them tomorrow due no homework then.

That would just be the font image file changing or a simple file swap, I'll work on that.

Please do, the idea is awesome, please give me the results I'd be glad to implent it.

However, the Technic Launcher now also has an option for custom modpacks. Basically, define the .zips, and you're good to go.

Or you could just use the Magic Launcher, which has an easy option to add Mods by default, and has by many been described as "the Minecraft launcher as it should have been".

Oh ok I'll look into it, but the main code is priority.

Thanks for the replies guys, I feel more confident in my modding skills now :)

Oh Click, is there a possibility of you putting the mod on the first page of this topic, it'll help new guys to find it.

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

What do you need the font for? There's not a lot of text in Minecraft exept the part where it's like: Thisperson died. And signs. Well, you said something about names of the tools and stuff but I'm still not sure.

Signs are important. Think about how many signs are in MNOLG! Also books will be written in it.

How Do you do?

What do you need the font for? There's not a lot of text in Minecraft exept the part where it's like: Thisperson died. And signs. Well, you said something about names of the tools and stuff but I'm still not sure.
Signs are important. Think about how many signs are in MNOLG! Also books will be written in it.
I understand. I don't know what you mean by books, but I'm assuming that they would be large blocks of text.

I understand. I don't know what you mean by books, but I'm assuming that they would be large blocks of text.

A book is a collection of papers that togeth-

:cheesy:

I don't know if you don't know, but they've added the feature to write books in mincecraft, and they would so cool to read in the matoran language.

How Do you do?

A book is a collection of papers that togeth- :cheesy:I don't know if you don't know, but they've added the feature to write books in mincecraft, and they would so cool to read in the matoran language.
They have? I hadn't been on Minecraft for a while so the last time I checked the only thing related to books in it are the bookshelves. But it's nice to know, and especially in Matoran.

Oh Click, is there a possibility of you putting the mod on the first page of this topic, it'll help new guys to find it.

Oh, yeah, good idea.

By the way, the text will appear on the main menu, pause menu, death menu, item names, signs (maybe), books (maybe), and GUIs. There's a pretty good usage for text, and I hope that we can get it in (some of them also change item names, like Australian English lists Oak Planks as Eucalyptus wood, so we could say "Protodermis" instead of iron, "Heatstone" instead of Redstone, etc.).

Oh, yeah, good idea. By the way, the text will appear on the main menu, pause menu, death menu, item names, signs (maybe), books (maybe), and GUIs. There's a pretty good usage for text, and I hope that we can get it in (some of them also change item names, like Australian English lists Oak Planks as Eucalyptus wood, so we could say "Protodermis" instead of iron, "Heatstone" instead of Redstone, etc.).
Text after translation into Matoran? Or just plain English?

I would recommend you put the version numbers next to the links rather than releases, since you have written above it that those releases will have a lot more than the actual files. :)

EDIT: I've just checked, and there will be support for edited fonts in the next version of minecraft. There will be no need of MCPatcher! :D

Edited by Toa Leva

How Do you do?

I would recommend you put the version numbers next to the links rather than releases, since you have written above it that those releases will have a lot more than the actual files. :) EDIT: I've just checked, and there will be support for edited fonts in the next version of minecraft. There will be no need of MCPatcher! :D
So I suppose that it's going to be much easier for you to add the font.

Dual Matrix, you are so AWESOME. Do you just add the new files or add all of them and replace the already existing ones?
The second...I decided to not reveal details untill someone can tell me which "replacement" texture I used for Protodermis ore, consider this a contest or something like that.

I'm back!

OK, the V.0.3 version is all about survival mode.--Created Protodermis ore(sponge texture) which spawns at a same rate as gravel in the world and is breakable with a wooden pick.--RawProtodermis The stuff dropped at the destruction of protodermis ore.--Bigger Raw Protodermis, the creatively named bigger version of raw protodermis created by a 3*3 crafting slot filled up with the previous.--Protodermis IngotThe result of the melting of Bigger raw protodermis--Protodermis stickCrafted by two protodermis ingots placed above eachother--Protodermis swordTemplate sword.Crafting:0P00P00I0P= protodermis ingot I=protodermis stickCan be crafted into the three toa tools byISI beeng (snowball, coal or wooden log)S being the protodermis sword.

I'm back!

I'm likin this. Fantastic work with the Ice Blade. How long do you think it will take to program in sprites?
Thanks, something like, tomorrow?
The items are not appearing in the game. Did I do something wrong?
You mean the ores, or just all other items? Cause the ores only spawn in a new world.

I'm back!

I'll try that but do I have to delete the previous version first? (sorry for being such a noob to Minecraft)
No need to.Wait, never try to delete the previous version, this might result you into deleting vital files. Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Your modding skills are impressive, but your spelling could use some work. :PThe mod's looking great. For the protodermis texture, I'd recommend recoloring the lapis ore texture. Also, I have a secret idea that I'll PM you about tonight. >:D

banner.jpg