Kanohi Nuva Trial And Error

I just thought of something. We know that Artahka created all the other Kanohi Nuva..We also know that the original six kanohi nuva were created when golden masks were exposed to energized protodermis. well we also know that for something to be transformed by energized protodermis it must be destined to be transformed. Well my question is if artahka created the rest of the Kanohi nuva how many masks did he go through until he found the 30 kanohi that were destined? and i'm pretty sure each kanohi he tried were not destined so one would assume he had to try each end every mask. so yeah it really makes you wonder.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't see a problem with having all 36 be made by Artahka. When they went down into the energized protodermis, maybe Artahka sanctioned their new masks, and at the snap of his finger, their first Nuva masks appeared on them. The other 30 ended up hidden on the island.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

I thought it was said that all Kanohi thrown in EP will become Nuva.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't think that's true. If it was, the Olmak that Vezon was wearing when he got bathed in EP would've become a Kanohi Nuva, and unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it did.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't think that's true. If it was, the Olmak that Vezon was wearing when he got bathed in EP would've become a Kanohi Nuva, and unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it did.
It didn't. Instead it fused to Vezon's head. :) Apparently that Olmak was destined, when thrown in EP with a Skakdi, to fuse to their face. That destiny could overrule the all-kanohi-become-nuva destiny, since the EP can only do one transformation at once to any one thing, and since Vezon's destiny and the mask's was to be fused together...:)If I dip just any Toa in EP, he/she might not become Toa Nuva, however. If that Toa, perchance, is destroyed, then I imagine that their mask would be destroyed along with them, not turned into a Nuva mask.I'm tempted to go with the idea that the Mask of Creation gave him the destiny information - or just allowed him to create the Kanohi Nuva in his forge. Who said that the great and mighty Artahka has to use EP to make Kanohi Nuva? He has the Mask of Creation; he can make what he wants.

I personally think the only "destined to transform" thing is totally ridiculous. I like to think of EP as more of a "chance" substance. Maybe it'll change the thing, maybe it won't.

That's how residents would've seen EP exposure, as a chance result. No-one knows their destiny until they fulfill it.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Perhaps the "destined to transform" part only aplies to living things, so any mask submerged in EP could be turned into a nuva mask(or in certain cases, be fused to the wearer)

That's what I believe Greg stated. :) Could be remembering wrong though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I personally think the only "destined to transform" thing is totally ridiculous. I like to think of EP as more of a "chance" substance. Maybe it'll change the thing, maybe it won't.

This. All the way. Although it's sort of off topic as it doesn't answer the question. But I still agree.

To those of you saying you wish it was chance, what exactly do you mean by that? I think our impressions like that probably revolve around when we first saw a thing -- in this case when the Toa Mata fell in EP and became Toa Nuva. So surely you don't mean that each time someone encounters EP there's a rolling of the dice and half the time they get destroyed -- if so, then logically would not at least one Toa Mata have probably been destroyed?Doesn't the first time we saw it strongly imply there's some kind of a causal reason all six Toa were transformed instead of destroyed?If yes, and you just mean "from my perspective as a reader, I don't know who will be destroyed or not, so they have a fifty-fifty chance as far as I know", isn't the destiny explanation compatible with that? In other words, as far as we know, "destiny" in this case is just a way to say that there's some cause-effect thing going on with who is destroyed and who isn't.

Edited by bonesiii

To those of you saying you wish it was chance, what exactly do you mean by that? I think our impressions like that probably revolve around when we first saw a thing -- in this case when the Toa Mata fell in EP and became Toa Nuva. So surely you don't mean that each time someone encounters EP there's a rolling of the dice and half the time they get destroyed -- if so, then logically would not at least one Toa Mata have probably been destroyed?Doesn't the first time we saw it strongly imply there's some kind of a causal reason all six Toa were transformed instead of destroyed?If yes, and you just mean "from my perspective as a reader, I don't know who will be destroyed or not, so they have a fifty-fifty chance as far as I know", isn't the destiny explanation compatible with that? In other words, as far as we know, "destiny" in this case is just a way to say that there's some cause-effect thing going on with who is destroyed and who isn't.

I might be going mad, but did you mean to post that in this topic? :P Nobody has mentioned wanting it to be chance here, but it's all people are saying there. I see what you mean with that though. I think of it as destiny always exists in a story written by someone else, whether you believe in it or not, because the chances are everyone has a purpose in the story. And the EP is just one of Gregs tools to demonstrate destiny.[Edit by bones: Indeed I did, lol. *waves magic moderator wand and puts it where it goes* The post just above it mentioned chance so I must have thought that topic was this one. :lol:] Edited by bonesiii

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't