The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

I'd like to see a game that takes place in the world of WW around the same time that Spirit Tracks takes place in New Hyrule. The Deku Tree has accomplished his goal of uniting all the islands of the Great Sea into one land (or several large continents).

Forests hold great power. They can change one tiny island into a much larger land. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world.Such is my dream.

:t: :b: :3:
Actually... I believe that Tetra, Link, and the pirates found a new land to call Hyrule....I once saw some kind of promotional video seen in the japanese version of Four Swords showing Link meeting four other toon links, but Tetra and the pirates were building a castle on the large island... Although, I think it may have been some kind of fake hack or something. Also, I pre-ordered Skyward Sword last week... Excitement..... :DBut at least Super Mario 3D land will tide me until Skyward Sword... ~PowerMiner~ Edited by PowerMiner

I'd like to see a game that takes place in the world of WW around the same time that Spirit Tracks takes place in New Hyrule. The Deku Tree has accomplished his goal of uniting all the islands of the Great Sea into one land (or several large continents).

Forests hold great power. They can change one tiny island into a much larger land. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world.Such is my dream.

Actually... I believe that Tetra, Link, and the pirates found a new land to call Hyrule....
Yeah, I know. But we never found out what happened to the characters in WW and their home, the Great Sea. Also, I just beat Phantom Hourglass today. The ending was rather disappointing; it seemed rushed and not very well-written. And what's with Bellum? All this talk about how evil and dangerous he is, and what is he? A flying yellow squid with a big eye. He's not menacing, and he isn't even very big, especially compared to the games other two-screen-filling bosses. Anyway, with PH complete, I still need to beat Zelda 1, Zelda II, ALttP, OoA, OoS, LA, MM, FS, and FSA. (And SS of course). Planning to buy ALttP on VC once I beat MM, and OoX when they come out on 3DS eShop. Hopefully FSA will come out on Wii U VC; all the others I have. :t: :b: :3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

The difference is that Vaati is an awesome character as well as a boss. He had a compelling backstory and actually felt like a menacing villain. Bellum's just some random monster that eats people's life force who pops up at at end and tries to kill you - his only "motive" is that he's hungry, basically. In regards to the eye thing, it doesn't help Bellum's case that his game was made after Vaati's games were, so it seems like the eye concept was basically reused. By the way, I have played MC, and it's my second-favorite game in the series (after MM). Though I expect it will become my third-favorite once SS is released.vaati_reborn.gif :t: :b: :3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Hmm... My favorite villain would probably be Dark Link. There's just something about the shadow of a hero that seems epic, even if he's not the main villain and even if he doesn't have any dialogue. His cheeky laugh and giant bombs (as well as his concept) are enough to make me smile. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Balta: I also think vaati's awesome, even if his appearance in TMC was one of his better stories.(For example: FS: lolololol I think I'll steal a maiden lolololol I'm invincible NOOOOOO HOW DID YOU BEAT ME! ... Is what I would say IF I WASN'T UNBEATABLE! NOOOO How did that toothpick of a sword defeat me... again?! =P)

Oh boy. Did you guys see the new SS trailers? One of them shows a deep connection between SS and OoT. The mysterious woman we saw before is pretty much revealed to be who we thought she was. The trailer was fantastic.

Dude yes, it was fantastic. And the water area looks amazing.
jlovfkk.jpg

It would be great to revisit the flooded Hyrule from Wind Waker. A new generation of Link would go down to an eerie and treacherous world. Very haunting. He would get the Master Sword, but to do that, he would have to release Ganondorf. Something like that. I mean, we already have a game that focuses on the sky, so how about a game that focuses underwater? Not sure if WW/PH should count...

This game would have to take place after WW, I assume, seeing as getting the Master Sword releases Ganondorf. However, at the end of WW, Old Hyrule is flooded completely and destroyed (during WW it was flooded but parts were preserved by large air bubbles). So that wouldn't really work...I'd like to see a game that takes place in the world of WW around the same time that Spirit Tracks takes place in New Hyrule. The Deku Tree has accomplished his goal of uniting all the islands of the Great Sea into one land (or several large continents).

Speaking of that...I've read several theories on Zelda wiki that the Deku Tree may have succeeded in accomplishing his dream. Some of these are as follows.Zelda 2: Hyrule is a huge landmass made up of two large landmasses and one island.Oracle of Ages: Labrynna's got more landmass in the present than in the past not to mention some of the islands grew bigger over 400 years.Four Swords Adventures: The land looks like a bunch of connected islands.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Looks like it's been confirmed that the next Zelda 3DS game will be an original game (confirmed by Eiji Aonuma through a gaming website):“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous handhelds.”When asked about a Majora's Mask 3DS remake:“It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Zakann The Diabolical, please don't post pictures like that. Some people (myself included) are trying to avoid information that will ruin the experience of playing SS for the first time, and stuff like that has the potential to do the trick.I suppose this is the same reason Toa Balta #3 asked us to use spoiler tags when talking about new trailers...That aside, interesting character design. I only took a quick glance (couldn't help myself :P), but I really look forward to seeing this guy in the game. :D

Lacertus

Gah, I'm getting so many location spoilers by accident.

My mind is extremely confused and on the verge of exploding.Lanayru Desert? Eldin Volcano? HOW. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I thought the province names only were introduced in Twilight Princess. D= In fact, OoT never mentioned them at all, so unless it's an active retcon...

Take note, if you respond to that, I won't respond for another 16-17 days. =P(I'm hopefully gonna get the bundle on Launch Day if at all possible... However, I won't be able to play until at least the next day.)

My mind is extremely confused and on the verge of exploding.Lanayru Desert? Eldin Volcano? HOW. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I thought the province names only were introduced in Twilight Princess. D= In fact, OoT never mentioned them at all, so unless it's an active retcon...

Take note, if you respond to that, I won't respond for another 16-17 days. =P(I'm hopefully gonna get the bundle on Launch Day if at all possible... However, I won't be able to play until at least the next day.)

Supposedly, there's an area in Hyrule Field in TP that looks a lot like Hyrule Field in OoT. It's possible that these locations where always there, but were simply outside the scope of Ocarina. Granted, I've never bothered to confirm whether this chunk of Hyrule Filed exists

Edited by hatok

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Moving off the topic of SS, I'd like to say that everyone who hasn't seen the rap commercial for Zelda 1 yet must do so immediately. Just go to the infamous video-hosting-site-which-shall-not-be-named and search for "legend of zelda nes commercial #1". Seriously, watch it, you won't be sorry. IT'S THE LEGEND OF ZELDA AND IT'S REALLY RAD! THOSE CREATURES FROM GANON ARE PRETTY BAD!:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Supposedly, there's an area in Hyrule Field in TP that looks a lot like Hyrule Field in OoT. It's possible that these locations where always there, but were simply outside the scope of Ocarina. Granted, I've never bothered to confirm whether this chunk of Hyrule Filed exists

My understanding is that because the stories are far enough apart, the names of places naturally change over time.

Moving off the topic of SS, I'd like to say that everyone who hasn't seen the rap commercial for Zelda 1 yet must do so immediately. Just go to the infamous video-hosting-site-which-shall-not-be-named and search for "legend of zelda nes commercial #1". Seriously, watch it, you won't be sorry. IT'S THE LEGEND OF ZELDA AND IT'S REALLY RAD! THOSE CREATURES FROM GANON ARE PRETTY BAD! :t: :b: :3:

I love that commercial, lulz.
jlovfkk.jpg

GIMMIE THAT 3DS. Also I started doing a 3 heart run of ocarina of time, is that crazy?

Depends. Are you doing regular or Master Quest?Also, the entire plot of Skyward Sword has been leaked online, beginning to end. I'm desperately trying to suppress my urge to look, because from what I've heard it pretty much spoils every detail. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can just Google "Skyward Sword plot," but I wouldn't recommend spoiling the whole game before it's even out.

p

Also, the entire plot of Skyward Sword has been leaked online, beginning to end. I'm desperately trying to suppress my urge to look, because from what I've heard it pretty much spoils every detail. If you're interested, I'm pretty sure you can just Google "Skyward Sword plot," but I wouldn't recommend spoiling the whole game before it's even out.

Indeed. Once again, I implore all of you to USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN DISCUSSING SS'S PLOT! Fortunately, we have less than two weeks 'til it comes out - then I'm pretty sure we'll all be too busy playing it to look at spoilers. :)By the way, that 3DS is beautiful. Wish it was out at launch...:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

I had a quick glance at the plot, to make sure it wasn't that debunked rumour that surfaced a few days ago. Honestly, they aren't really much in the way of spoilers. Unless you find 'Link goes to X in order to find Y by using Z' spoilers.

I am glad to see time travel return

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams