The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Just wanted to comment, that I agree. OoT, MM and then TP. But Majora's Mask can't be beaten plot wise. ;-; There is so much symbolism and heart in that game it's amazing. Also Twilight Princess does have the most epic feel and Midna and Zant were awesome additions. I don't have a favorite weapon but off the top of my head I'd say Hookshot.

I agree with you about MM. It was different - new. That was what gave it its heart. It was something that was completely unrelated to Hyrule, so it was a fresh idea. Midna at the end of the game was...well, beautiful. =P But the hookshot was awesome, yeah. Double Clawshots were cooler, though, not to mention the Ball and Chain. Also, the Bow and Arrow's always great.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

It does, and I hear double hookshot will be used a lot more then in TP. Also, the ending of Twilight Princess was so touching. You really feel the impact in it, especially considering what both Link and Midna went through, becoming friends over time. The whole wrap up, not wanting to spoiler things, but the final boss death to the very end was just wonderful story telling.

I pre-ordered the remote bundle a few weeks ago. I knew I was going to when I heard about the golden remote (which, by the way, isn't made of real gold :P), but I did have to wait a few months... I'm just glad Nintendo didn't decide to release a green Wii for the anniversary. I probably wouldn't have been able to resist buying it, and my wallet is already hurting. :lol:

Lacertus

Finally played Twilight Princess after about 3 years of waiting; loved it. Also started playing Minish Cap - the funny thing is, I think MC might be my favorite Zelda game to date, even topping Twilight Princess.

Minish Cap is my second favorite Zelda, right after Majora's Mask.

Also, just for kicks and giggles, anyone here beat the original game or II? :P

I'm working on Zelda II right now, and I've started Zelda 1. Zelda II is fun, but Zelda 1 is definitely my least favorite Zelda. It's incredibly frustrating to wander aimlessly for hours until you find the next dungeon. And those occasional screens that keep resetting until you leave in a certain direction don't help matters. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is to use the sword...

If you're a fan of the Double Clawshot, you're in luck- it makes its return in Skyward Sword.

Indeed it does. The Double Clawshot was the coolest item in TP. I wonder if there's the single Clawshot like in TP or if you get the Double right away...I'm hoping for the latter, but the former is probably more likely. Well, we'll find out in 35 days, 18 hours, and 28 minutes! :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

If you're a fan of the Double Clawshot, you're in luck- it makes its return in Skyward Sword.

Great to hear, that was my favorite weapon in Twilight Princess. Not only does it let you swing from platform to platform, but you can attack with it while swimming. It was a thing of beauty, both in design and function.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

TP has the most memorable moments though, especially in the credits. Anybody have a favorite temple/weapon throughout all the games, though? :)

1. I was really hoping that during the credits, while you were watching the part on the Temple of Time, young Link would walk in...;_;2. Temples:- Arbiter's Grounds- Sand Temple (Spirit Tracks)- Temple of Time- Watergate Dungeon3. Weapons:- Bow (duh)- Any of the canes you get, including the Dominion Rod- Spinner- Bottles 8D4. Anyone else into the dream theories on Majora's Mask?

Agree with you on Arbiter's Grounds, although I liked that place more for the boss (FTW). Liked the Temple of Time, but the boss was lacking a bit. Also loved the Ice Temple (You are in a MANSION), and loved the last two temples. I got stuck a lot in the final temple, but the one before the last was awesome, the boss cool. But, to be honest, Zant and Ganondorf scared me a bit. :P

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Four Swords is a free download now for the eShop on 3DS, for those interested. I'm extremely excited for Skyward Sword, and I'm really eager to see how it transitions into the OoT storyline. I really hope the HD WiiU Zelda game picks up after Twilight Princess.

Captain: It's DSiWare, so those with DSis can also get in on the free Zelda. =D But yeah, downloaded it the day it was released, given those are pretty much the only things I can download, given that they still have yet to release the eShop cards in Canada... But that's a rant for my blog or the 3DS topic, aside from it having the consequence of me not being able to download Link's Awakening DX. =/iPenguin: I can see that... =P

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

I'm getting the Skyward Sword controller bundle, I need a new remote and the gold is just awesome.My favorite is Twilight Princess, probably because I never have enough time to get past the first temple in MM, and I just got past the water temple In OoT a little while ago... I'm holding off on OoT 3D simply because I want to beat the original first...

Four Swords is a free download now for the eShop on 3DS, for those interested. I'm extremely excited for Skyward Sword, and I'm really eager to see how it transitions into the OoT storyline. I really hope the HD WiiU Zelda game picks up after Twilight Princess.

Skyward sword I heard is the very first game in the series storyline-wise.Also, I got Majora's mask a week or two ago, and I never really got into it... I kind of got stuck at the forest place.

Agree with you on Arbiter's Grounds, although I liked that place more for the boss (FTW). Liked the Temple of Time, but the boss was lacking a bit. Also loved the Ice Temple (You are in a MANSION), and loved the last two temples. I got stuck a lot in the final temple, but the one before the last was awesome, the boss cool. But, to be honest, Zant and Ganondorf scared me a bit. :P

Snowpeak Ruins, needs moar ghosts. But I agree with you, 'twas a pretty legit dungeon. I knew those Yetis were going to turn on you, eventually... Also, [randomrant] one of the biggest things I liked/disliked about Twilight Princess was how shunted to the side Zelda and Ganondorf were. I mean, Midna's definitely elevated above Zelda, in terms of importance, and you never really see Ganondorf until the very end. I guess it's kinda cool, because it gives new characters some screen time, but the whole time I'm playing it, I'm just asking myself, "Where is my giant evil pig? ;_;" [/randomrant]

I never got very far in Majora's Mask. I keep meaning to get back into but I never get around to it. I think I do remember reading somewhere that Skyward Sword would have similar development of side characters and how places would evolve over time, so that's a big plus. Also Beedle is back!

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

Agree with you about Majora's Mask. It took me a few days to get through that temple. Don't count on beating the temple after that in a snap - about six minutes of finally entering the dungeon, I got stuck in the second room I got into. >_< I'm still stuck in it, so that should also tell you something, lol. Also, the masks are hard to get. Not sure if you have all of them yet or anything, but I still have a few to go. The final mask you can only get if you have all the others, if I recall. I don't know how you get it, or where you get it from, so good luck getting it if you get all the other masks.

slipped away...

Hopefully by the time Skyward Sword comes out I'l have finally beat Wind Wakerand Majora's Mask, although me beating MM is kinda unlikely ( the third dungeon is annoying).Wind Waker, on the other hand, is a breeze.

Ah, but can you get all the bonus stuff in Wind Waker? Actually, the only optional thing I reccomend getting is the Hero's Charm. It never hurts to know how much health an enemy has. :D

Lacertus

Hopefully by the time Skyward Sword comes out I'l have finally beat Wind Wakerand Majora's Mask, although me beating MM is kinda unlikely ( the third dungeon is annoying).Wind Waker, on the other hand, is a breeze.

Ah, but can you get all the bonus stuff in Wind Waker? Actually, the only optional thing I reccomend getting is the Hero's Charm. It never hurts to know how much health an enemy has. :biggrin:
Never got the Hero's Charm...I didn't even know that thing existed until a few years after I'd beaten the game... :whatsthat:

Peach: Have you tried pushing things underwater, and then attempting to backtrack? You need to pay attention to the layout of that room a bit. ;)As for the mask you're talking about, you do need to get them all; but it's well worth it. To actually get it, though, pay attention to a certain place you get to at a certain time... I'm not saying much more because they're spoilers, and I don't think anyone wants those. =PI beat Majora's Mask this summer; shortly after getting it. But it is amazing. =D

Ah, but can you get all the bonus stuff in Wind Waker? Actually, the only optional thing I reccomend getting is the Hero's Charm. It never hurts to know how much health an enemy has. :biggrin:
Never got the Hero's Charm...I didn't even know that thing existed until a few years after I'd beaten the game... :whatsthat:
I didn't know about it until my second play through, when I was less impatient and actually did most of the sidequests. Like the trading quest... WHY IS MAGIC ARMOR ALWAYS SO HARD TO GET? It's like they don't want us to be invincible... :lol:

Lacertus

Just so you know, Fullbringer, I was talking about Stone Tower, not the Water Temple. ;) However, the third temple was a pain, but so is Stone Tower. So many switches at the beginning...

Edited by Peach 00

slipped away...

Peach: Oooh. Yeah, I was a little confused when I first got in there; and if it wasn't for me trying to get all the fairies and using a guide for that, I'm not totally sure if I would've made it through myself... That is one hard dungeon. Tom: You mean Ms. Link? =P Though, it kinda resembles Wind Waker Link in terms of the outfit, anyone notice that? I mean, the face and such looks more like Tingle than anything, but the way the actual outfit is designed is almost like the wanted to hint at what Link would look like, sans face. =P

@Tom: *shudder* There was a series of "haunted Majora's Mask cartridge" vids a while back that furthered my fear of that thing. Anyway...have SS Remote Bundle preordered. My sole purpose in life for the last 2 years + has been anticipating this game. Of course I'm getting the bundle. =P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

@Tom: *shudder* There was a series of "haunted Majora's Mask cartridge" vids a while back that furthered my fear of that thing.

I know, that's the whole reason I'm scared of it...it's scary in an intriguing way, though. Ah well. At least I have an excuse for not having beaten Majora's Mask, yet - dunwanna look at that thing. :P