Rate The Song Above You

4/5 - I kind of went in not expecting to like it much, but I found it surprisingly enjoyable, due in part to the music video and the band's unique image."Kodou" - Dir en Grey (not the music video, it interrupts the song in several points and contains imagery some may be bothered by)

Edited by Ryuujin

A style of electronic that seems similar to metal/brostep. Interesting, though a bit too much like having someone hyped on energy drinks mumbling in your ear, before listening to speed-up sci-fi sound effects. Still, pretty entertaining. 3.75/5

Satelite Anthem Icarus - Boards Of Canada

What are you on man, it's not similar...

"Kodou" - Dir en Grey

At first I thought am I watching? Melodramatic Japanese guys whose fashion seems a bit like it's ripped off anime cartoons. Is it some kind of rebellion against Japanese culture and life? I wouldn't blame them, life sucks for young people over there.

It sounded very boring.

2/5

Into Deep (DJ Slideout remix) - Technoboy

AΨ 94

"Kodou" - Dir en GreyAt first I thought am I watching? Melodramatic Japanese guys whose fashion seems a bit like it's ripped off anime cartoons. Is it some kind of rebellion against Japanese culture and life? I wouldn't blame them, life sucks for young people over there.It sounded very boring. 2/5 Into Deep (DJ Slideout remix) - Technoboy
1. wrong song, Malchior posted after me2. it's a movement called "visual kei", known for elaborate outfits and theatricality, it has nothing to do with "anime cartoons"3. your apparent quickness to judge other cultures and lifestyles displays an incredible amount of ignorance and you have my utmost pity.ANYWAY2.5/5 - repetitive, aimless, and seemed to drag on although the section with vocals was a refreshing change of pace that kept it from becoming too unbearably dull."Stargazer" - Blood Stain Child Edited by Ryuujin

4.5/5 - Oh man, do I love this song. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but it's spot-on tonally for a character like Rattman. The first time I listened to it and realised those weren't just random snarling noises, but rather actual frenzied cries, I was both creeped out and enamoured. I like those little touches of sinister in something as (sort of) light-hearted as the Portal series. It also makes for a great soundtrack when reading horror novels.

Sun & Moon - TSFH

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I love Two Steps. 110% better than the Kanye West/Gaga junk that kids listen to these days.

My only issue with Sun and Moon was that it started out a little too slow. I have the song in FLAC on my computer.

A Fire Will Rise - Hans Zimmer (the beginning is slow, but listen to the whole thing. It gets a lot better)

Hmm, it's not really my thing interestingly enough... 3/5 May grow on me later.

"The Shadow" by BoA.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...

2.5/5 - I've got to say that I'm not all that fond of rap, so as a result the verses weren't entirely to my liking. I'll admit that the chorus was pretty catchy and it's for that reason that it gets a higher vote. In the end, I just found it kind of bland though not unbearable.

Cost of the Crown - Mercedes Lackey

LzcD9OS.png

4/5. I like it, a very haunting song. sort of like what you would hear in a midevil hall, but with the guitar and everything. think I found a favorite :)

derezzed - Daft Punk.

4/5. Great guitar playing. I liked all the different melody and time signature changes; they kept the eleven-minute song from becoming monotonous. The ending was a little abrupt, and I wish the section of the song with the piano weren't so fleeting, but otherwise the song's really good."Only Hope" by Switchfoot.

3/5 - It was a fairly nice song, and also curiously familiar-sounding. Huh. But still, I'm torn on my thoughts about the singer's voice. It felt too muted and mumble-y, but it's obviously fitting for the tone. Either way, it wasn't bad.

Building Steam - Abney Park

LzcD9OS.png