R P G: Pantheon

OOC: Oh boy. I get that "fire and brimestone death" feeling...Demigods, do watch your back. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OCC; Im still thinking of a way to start off Nieco. I'd rather he'd make an apperance at least once before the demigods go do something.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Those are some incompetent soldiers. No snipers on sentry duty? No radar to detect a dragon flying in?So many glaring security holes. You'd think the flames would attract many soldiers. Armed with ranged weapons. That they can take cover with and fire at certain parties without risk of getting a flame to the face. Evidently they're using swords. Seriously. This is an airfield that any competent party could have fortified against this sort of attack within a few hours. All military bases have plans for this sort of thing. Protocols. Evidently they forget them when things went to the Gods.Shameful.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: I'd check Dr. Wiki for commando tactics. Granted, they don't include giant Dragons, but I think we can work around that.

OOC: To make this a bit more realistic, retconing the last few posts.IC: Each of the three demigods had been given an explosive device, while Erisa held the detonator. Their job was to plant they devices and get out, if possible without being seen. The dragon had landed in the darkest area of the base, and should remain unseen for a few minutes. Hopefully it would grant the three the time they needed.Jyrik ran towards his target, running low to the ground. He'd replaced his clanky armor with leather clothes, aiming for quietness and stealth. He crouched at the edge of the light, eyes scanning for hostiles. When he was sure the coast was clear, he darted forward, diving beneath a truck. He glanced out, seeing he was ten yards from the plane.He'd have to be quick.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: That's all fine by me. Anyways...IC: GerhardGerhard was wearing a slightly more modern outfit, compared to Jyrik. He had a dark grey hooded sweatshirt, and some dark jeans. He made sure his outfit had no reflective surfaces, so it would be harder to be seen. He was moving low to the ground, and made sure to stay away from the lights. He then noticed some soldiers moving. It seemed they hadn't noticed him yet, but he was sure someone would notice him eventually- by sharp eyesight, thermal, night vision- he'd be found. He then put his hand up next to his hood, and tapped near his ear, turning on his radio through a wired earpiece. "Which one should I hit? I'm out in the runway under the cover of darkness, and can't see where the others are going, which is a good thing, but I need to no which one they aren't going to."

IC: Gerhard"Okay," replied Gerhard, as he walked towards the plane. There were lights all around it, so he'd have to be careful. He looked for the place where he'd have to cross through the least amount of light, and found it, right under the tail of the aircraft. He then ducked down and sprinted through the light, taking less than a second to cross it. Fortunately, his sweatshirt was a color similar to the asphalt- so he wouldn't be too easy to see. Anyways, he was now under the plane, out of sight.

Edited by Terminus24

IC: TravisTravis grimaced as a guard passed by and held his breath. Thankfully, the figure continued without hesitation. He pulled a dark cowl down over his face and dashed over to the nearest plane, then ducked down and slid underneath the cockpit. Soon enough, the charge was planted. He quickly pulled out a pistol and screwed on a silencer. With another quick sprint, he was behind the same fuel tank he had taken refuge near earlier."Ready to detonate."

67tlbk.png

IC:: "Navan. God of ... Well, time. The oldest and unfortunately, close to weakest of the new gods. Though that's changing. I suppose gods of time have always been around in some form or another. Though I'm the closest one to actually being time." Navan grinned."Nice to meet ya."

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

• 3 weeks later...

IC: GerhardGerhard looked around for a place to plant the explosive. He went over to one of the wheels, as disabling those would disable the plane, plus they're usually close to the fuel lines. He jumped up onto one of the wheels, and placed the explosive right inside the opening where the landing gear came out. "I've got the device planted, but I'll need a bit of time to get out of here. Are there any soldiers around my location? I can't see any, but my position is limiting my vision," he radioed.

OOC: Ah well. Been fun.Permission to write up a post of Manuel liberating Washington DC a few years in the future? :P

OOC: Awwwwwwwwwwwww.Here goes my first and currently only CoT venture. :PAnd now attempt at epic last post-thing.IC: Inetrnot (Temple)"Here." As the God slid a coffee across the table, he suddenly stiffened. "Sorry, I must go."And he was gone, dissolved into lines of code, and then naught more than that.What happened after, none truelly know. Most say he perished fighting the Trojan Infection.And so is the legend of Inetrnot.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: (Musica) Musica left, wandering the USA once more. She made it to El Paso, and fought long and hard with the Aztecs, but lost. Her body burned and broken, her armor turned to nothing from the powers of the older gods, she died, but her followers waged war against the Aztects. It was Long and bloody, but moral rose when they wound the omnistrment, using to wreck the Aztects. Her followers met the same fate, but not before causing major damage to the Aztects.OCC: Well, See all of you around.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Reading experience is enhanced if Epic Score: This Is Our Land is playing.ICWhat had started as a small band of warriors and militiamen grew and flourished. Manuel's forces paid for their victories in blood and bodies, thousands died in the fight to be free. Men, mere men, armed with guns and armor took on the most powerful creatures the world had ever seen. They died in their thousands, but humanity had been through the fire before and emerged always harder, always stronger. So it was here. For every dead soldier, for every slain comrade, many more rose to take their place on the battle line. For every tank destroyed, for every bullet spent Manuel's forces claimed a bloody toll. They turned back the host of the Aztecs in the battle of Austin in 2013. They pressed into other states and even other nations. People rallied to their banner, to the promise of humanity reclaiming it's rightful place in the world. The battles were hard, many blows were dealt to Manuel's forces...but they would not stay down. Would not stay defeated. Always more of them came, in armored vehicles, in trucks and by sea. Filled with a desire for vengeance and a will to see it done. God's can talk of their might and power but they have done nothing to earn it. Humanity has earned it's place in this world by the blood of billions slain throughout it's brutal history.So it was here. In 2015 Washington DC was liberated by Manuel's forces. In 2016 the launched an invasion of Aztec Mexico. Humanity endured, adopted and prospered. The world changed, but humanity did not. It's courage, it's will to succeed and it's sheer bloody minded refusal to give up served it well. Because of this there is hope. Others fight on in other nations and continents. Manuel's army is not alone. The darkness of the gods still holds sway in much of the world....but there are candles, lamps and great floodlights holding it back and reducing it's might. The world might never be the same again but humanity at least, will not fade.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Navan fought at El Paso, his time manipulation abilities giving him a key advantage. The hits the old gods got on him hurt a lot, but when you can stop time, move out of the way, and start again, there isn't many hits you take. He merely avoided the army, and stayed hidden. 50 years later he got drunk on coffee, grabbed the timestream by the beard, and pulled most of the remaining gods into another dimension.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: GerhardGerhard managed to get out from under the plane, unseen, a safe distance away. The explosives were activated, and the takeover of the Air Force Base commenced, and it was in Norse possession by morning. This was only the beginning of the battles though, as Gerhard played an important role in the following battles for the rest of the war.A few years later...Human society in Texas had returned to a mostly normal state- close to what it was like before the new gods arrived, but not the same. Of course, it was good enough for some people. Gerhard had returned to College, and was currently a senior. He was also back on the football team, and had been the MVP for the season. It was the last game of the season, and he had already been getting offers to play in the recently-reestablished NFL. Much of his future hinged on this game, as the Longhorns had been undefeated for the whole season, and everyone was counting on him to win it. Both teams put up a magnificent game- however, in the end, the Longhorns had the god of victory on their side. In the crowds, right after Gerhard had gotten the game-winning touchdown, a strong-looking man wearing a Longhorns hat smiled. "I'm proud of you, son," he said. "The war of the gods still goes on- but but this is what you've always wanted, and you deserve a shot at this. Maybe someday, when the war is over, we can play a game together." The man walked out of the stadium, and then disappeared in a flash of light. Gerhard, still on the field, being congratulated by his teammates, noticed the flash in the sky, and smiled, as he knew that his father, Tyr, was watching him.OOC: It was short, but it's been fun, guys. See you around. :)

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: I had assumed this would be closed by now. :PIt's been fun guys. Thank you. This was short, and the story never really kicked off(if you'd like to know what would have happened, PM me), but I enjoyed this. I got to take an idea I had, mesh it with others, put time and effort into it, and get something out of it. But it's like anything. You win some, you lose some. This was my fourth try at running an RPG. I've had a good one, and a few terrible ones. :P Maybe this one didn't have a stellar lifespan, but it was fun, and really, that's all that matters. So I'm gonna go from here, move on, and I'll try again later with another idea. And maybe it'll stick. But again, thank you all. For your time, your characters, your imagination to make this what it was. Maybe it could have been better, but I think what we had here was pretty darn good. It's been fun guys, I'll see you around.-ToA

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.