Hot Topics & Member Spotlight

Sumiki

Hot Topics and the Member Spotlight - Do You Care About Them?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boy, this forum looks dead. Let's liven it up a bit, shall we?Now, before you vote, read this:I realize that a lot of folks liked both the hot topics and the member spotlight when they were on the front page. The Hot Topics would list the ten topics that had gotten the most posts over the last 24 hours, while the Member Spotlight would select one member's name, interests, location, and post count from the database and showcase it on the front page.They were both annihilated when the forum was upgraded.The plan is for them to eventually return. But my question is: would you care if they return?Not only that, but there are lots of things that we, as the staff, are working on to improve BZP. Would you value their return over other items such as updating the advertising policy or the word filter?They're both tedious, and given the limited resources that we have, we can't work on them both at once.Please note that this is not on behalf of the staff, but rather the result of my curiosity about BZP members' opinions on these matters.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I voted "eventually" for both. They were both neat features, and I'd like to see them back (if only so it could be like old times :P), but as you know, Sumiks, there are definitely other things that need work first.That being said, I'd be interested to hear your opinion, although I'd guess that you share my view on the matter.

Eventually for Hot Topics, "I don't care" for the Member Spotlight. The latter always struck me as remotely creepy in a nice way, so not really sure I want it back. Hot Topics was useful, though with the new forum features I'm not sure it's necessary anymore...I'm not suffering for lack of either, but if it is possible I would like the HT box back. Eventually.

Voted no and eventually, respectively. The member spotlight seemed mildly interesting from time to time, while I never really used the Hot Topics, as they were always just the topics from GD that have been active, which is nothing special.~B~

No and no. They both seemed like trivial functions, and though it was kind of fun to see a topic you made at the top of the list, I don't think it's worth the strain it puts on the server. Not to mention the member spotlight would often show long-dead members with their outdated interests which is pretty awkward for everyone.awkwaaaaaaaard

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I always really enjoyed the top ten Hot Topics being listed on the front page. That was fun.The Member Spotlight wasn't something I looked at too often, personally. I'm good with whatever is decided, though.~Shioi :)EDIT: I might want to amend this, for I have just read that the Hot Topics list would slow down the server quite a bit. That's rarely a thing preferred! I'm not for anything that overworks the server, so that's something else to keep in consideration.

Edited by Shioi
shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww