Takea Tankards

Sollin will be leading a revolt against the Council and Order.So she can join that.
-
:burnmad:
That'll work then.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ah. Which part of Sakrinil? =P
-
....We'll say her factory is near the docks. For ease of shipping.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Kanoka disks are incredibly rare and expensive at this point in time (in this universe, if not canon), and things like bamboo disks wouldn't be able to be used with a launcher (let alone electrified). They have gunpowder here, but not many people (asides from, apparently, the lazy PCs who won't take crossbows*) use weapons employing it when there's plenty of other things that you could use that have equally long range, the same accuracy, and don't occasionally explode. And sure, you can replace the Dark Hunters with pirates, or marauders, or giants, or cannibals, or whatever you feel like.* Not that I'm call you guys lazy. Well... lazier than me.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
the disks aren't kanoka discs they are just metal discsand I suppose I could have a small crossbow underneath his shield instead. Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

...My eyes! Smaller text man! Smaller text! :PEDIT: Nevermind then.

Edited by Basilisk

Name: NivigateGender/species: Male. Matoran.Powers: small amount of energy resistant. A backup plan, really.Equipment: Mostly ragtag equipment some of which he himself made including: small sailboat with, life boats, ballasts (even though he does not use or need them to keep the boat up), bags, hooks, some string, lots of rope, a small amount of chains, a little extra sailcloth and rigging, boat repair kit (for fixing minor damage), nets (a couple of them anyways), fishing pole and lines and bait, (and lot all stuff concerning the sea in the Mata-Nui online game2 and a few extras), a vast collection of knives (unlike other equipment some of with are quite expensive and in extremely good shape (not that he keeps his other equipment in bad shape)) e.g. skinning knife, paring knife, throwing knives (even though he can not throw knives well), large knives (some even coming close to the length of a sword), a knife he carries about a sixth of a bio long, a much smaller knife he nearly always carries tied to him with a light string, and blade hidden underneath his armour (that can remain hidden even while in a search, a blade built in to his armour (that some may consider an unneeded decoration, but he can use it for more then a decoration.) and so on. He has also hidden small amounts of supplies on several shores. Appearance: Ta-matoran red with a gold kanohi Hau, and one blue hand that is pooly panted red but the paint keeps rubbing off, and he often gets stared at. Yes I know Ta-matoran are not known for sailing, but this one sails anyway. Faction: He’s one of a kind.Personality: He has away of presenting facts that can influence beings with weak minds to believe the way he wants them to, this usually involves guile and bending the truth, and he doesn’t normally do it. He likes to trust people but after they have proved them selves first. He is often despised by fellow traders when the guild raises their prices and he does not (and that he often sells for less than other traders), he raises and lowers his prices depending on how much he paid for his goods. He does not like to be pushed around and may lour enemies in to a false sense of security (and friends some times often as tests to see if he can trust them and if he does not know if they are friends yet). And feels odd when beings stare at his blue hand.Bio:His story begins when he awakened in Karda Nui, there the Av-matoran seemed to except him as one of their own he wouldn’t of know he was not a Av-matoran if it weren’t for the fact that he couldn’t shoot light bolts and change color and he was not as big.But own day a lost Le-matoran came to Karda Nui, he was taking a team of crabs from the northern continent to the southern continent, and some how had gotten lost? The Le-matoran at first thought Nivigate to look odd, but Nivigate’s friends helped him to look normal.The Le-matoran walked with Nivigate to the village of light. The energy in Karda Nui seemed to weigh down on the Le-matoran; he looked over to Nivigate who looked as if he had built up immunity to the energy, but it was obvious that it was weighing down on him to. Just before the twosome reached the village the Le-matoran said “That blue hand of yours makes you look like a weirdo” Nivigate just looked down at his hand wondering, but as they came into the village square, the Le-matoran’s opinion was quickly changed.The Le-matoran just stared, and Nivigate started to laugh, in the village square, big matoran went about their business, matoran with weird color patters, one was a shiny black; another was gold and purple; another had a green leg, a blue leg, a red chest, a white arm, a black arm, and a orange head; and the one the Le-matoran will remember the most, one that was white with big pink pokedots.Nivigate went with the Le-matoran. In search of a home with out such energy, his Av-matoran friends wanted him to stay but know what the energy did to him, and wished him luck, and told him to come back and visit, and they said good bye. The Le matoran went to the southern continent and then northern continent, and stoped to get directions many times along the way.Nivigate found the atmosphere out of Karda Nui to seem light and easy to move in, and much healthier for him, but he also missed his friends in Karda Nui.And another problem, was that nearly everyone he met commented on his blue hand, some were crueller than others very few were nice, Nivigate wanted to have them all respect him even if his hand was blue, then he realized that he could have respect maybe not from the matoran but crabs. Crabs, if you were nice to them they would respect you even if you were an odd color, but he would need to keep them away from anyone that did not like him or found his blue hand disturbing and keep them away from any negative energy (beings that are mad or upset) because crabs will pickup on those feelings. So he went to his now good friend The Le-matoran to try start his own crab farm. The problem arose when the crabs were grown, and the crabs could sense friction between others and their master, when the crabs were sold they would only work for their Nivigate, The Le-matoran (who had helped with raising them and did not think Nivigate looked weird at all (anymore)), and some Ga-matoran (who have blue hands), some matoran even panted their hands blue in the morning to get the crabs to work, but soon tired of that routine and of the criticism, and returned the crabs. Nivigate was not happy because the crabs were treating most matoran without blue hand(s), like the other beings treated him which is not what he wanted. Nivigate gave his crabs to The Le-matoran (who had helped get his farm started) nearly doubling his crab farm. The Le-matoran used Nivigate’s crabs to breed a new line of crabs that are extremely dedicated to those who raise them and treat them as friends. The Le-matoran now has a big company that farms crabs and transports goods, some times when they deliver large amounts of supplies, matoran gather around the roads and watch the convoy go crawling by, the founder of the company rides a crab with a banner with his name on it “The Le-matoran”But a much larger banner flies high above the convoy, it’s a big banner that can be seen from far away witch bares the name of the company “blue hand”The company slogan “lend a blue hand”.The Le-matoran was happy to help his friend Nivigate get some of the supplies he used as a sailor.Nivigate now sails the silver sea. To be continued in waves of the south.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Kanoka disks are incredibly rare and expensive at this point in time (in this universe, if not canon), and things like bamboo disks wouldn't be able to be used with a launcher (let alone electrified). They have gunpowder here, but not many people (asides from, apparently, the lazy PCs who won't take crossbows*) use weapons employing it when there's plenty of other things that you could use that have equally long range, the same accuracy, and don't occasionally explode. And sure, you can replace the Dark Hunters with pirates, or marauders, or giants, or cannibals, or whatever you feel like.* Not that I'm call you guys lazy. Well... lazier than me.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
the disks aren't kanoka discs they are just metal discsand I suppose I could have a small crossbow underneath his shield instead.
Kanoka disks aren't nearly as heavy as a metal disk is going to be, so the launcher wouldn't be effective. And nobody is going to sell metal disks here, so you're limited to as many as you could carry, which wouldn't be very many shots.EDIT: I'll get to that newer profile later.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I decided against a projectile weapon and I changed the insciption on his shield. I also changed Dark Hunters to piratesName: TanikaGender & Species: Male Toa of lightningPowers: Lightning. Skills: A master at using his whip, he has almost a telepathic connection to it and can do amazing tricks (such as wrapping it around a tree branch to swing across a gorge then giving it a tug and having it come loose). He is also a fairly good shot. He has trained with his element so that he is constantly charged with a small amount of lightning without even concentrating, and anyone that goes closer than two inches from him gets a jolt (this will be annoying to pick pockets), when he is nervous, angry, or in a fight the charge increases so that anyone touching him will receive a big shock and if they happen to hit him with a sword or something, they will probably get hurt just as much as he does.Equipment: Mask: Faxon. Weapons: Thunder whip (a bladed whip with a long bar handle that can channel his lightning power). And a small round protosteel shield mounted on his wrist that can also channel his power.Appearance: Thin and light, he is fairly agile but has to use leverage to lift something heavyFaction: None (he isn’t a rogue; he just hasn’t joined the Toa Council yet, although he will soon)Personality: Although outwardly he is friendly and trusting, he is actually quite paranoid and takes a long time to trust anyone. His favourite rahi to copy is a small, dragon like, chameleon lizard that uses camouflage, a fast attack, sharp claws, and a bladed tail to bring down multiple enemies ten times larger then itself. (He keeps one about the size of a chameleon in a toa seal on his back.)Bio: He was once the guardian of a village that was built around a small pool of Energized Protodermis. The Energized Protodermis influenced the plants in the area causing them to grow large, strong and fast. The village quickly became wealthy exporting produce, but this also attracted unwanted rahi and shifty characters. But Toa Tanika protected the village from all threats, and in appreciation the matoran saved enough to buy him his protosteel shield from the Nynrah ghosts, inscribed with this message “To Toa Tanika, May this shield protect you as you have always protected us, then the matorans names and finally p.s. because you wouldn’t accept a statue”.But their happiness was not to last, for a pirate spy discovered the source of their lush plants. The pirates’ attack was fast and precise, they quickly located the pool but found a shocking surprise. the battle was furious but one of the pirates finally knocked him down and was about to finish him off when Tanika used the last of his elemental energy to call down lightning bolts from the sky knocking the pirates unconscious, knowing that the rest of the pirates would return, Tanika ordered his village to be evacuated and left the chained pirates in the village.With the matoran in one boat and himself in another, they set sail for Metru-Nui. As they sailing a young pirate with psionic powers attacked the villagers’ ships as his first solo mission. Tanika told the matoran to keep sailing while he held of the pirate, when the matoran were out of range he unleashed a powerful surge into the water, but was knocked unconscious from a mental blast before the surge could reach the pirate. The young pirate was having second thoughts about his mission; in his mind the Toa was practically giving the Energized Protodermis pool to them so there was no need to kill him. The psionics user quickly went towards a random island (Yenta) mentally shrouding himself so he couldn’t be seen and, wiping Tanika’s memory, dumped the Toa onto the beach, and sailed away.In Metru-Nui the recently arrived matoran built a memorial to their lost hero in the shape of his shield inscribed “To Toa Tanika; because you wouldn’t accept a statue”.When Tanika awoke he saw he was on a beach just outside of Sakrinil, he wonders how he got there because being in the water would short out his electric field , he didn’t have any memory of his past so he decided to go help someone and find out if there are any more Toa nearby.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

@ Takanuvainika;An energy resistance? Why would being in Karda-Nui give you an energy resistance?Also, Matoran of all colors of the rainbow exist in the universe. They're not going to make fun of you for having a blue hand.Tanika is [approved] though.One thing - you might want to work on your sentence structure and formatting in the future. I can barely understand those biographies. Still, it's better than those essays I was reading in English...(See, in 6th period, we took out the papers without names on them and read them. It was the best laugh that class ever produced.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I'm curious, is the ending going to be formed by player action or do we have limited options to choose from?Just curious.

I'm curious, is the ending going to be formed by player action or do we have limited options to choose from?Just curious.
Yup. Blue, Red, and Green....Nah, of course I wouldn't do that. :PThere's a few things that are definitely going to happen (things get stolen), things that probably will happen (PCs try to catch the thief), a few things that might not happen (thief is discovered by PCs), things that probably won't happen (Hubert not doing anything crazy) and a few things that will definitely not happens (dragon armies).As such, many things are dependent upon what you choose to do.For all I know, you and Burnmad will succeed with this little rebellion and pull away a large chunk of the Council and Order, and a massive civil war will begin down here that slowly spreads north and plunges the entire universe into chaos... before the Brotherhood of Makuta swoops in and murders every single one of you for causing so much trouble.After giving you a high five. But it's a high five charged with a shadow blast.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

GAH! MASS EFFECT FLASHBACKS!With intellect and proper tactics, the might of the brotherhood can be turned aside. /delusion

Members of the Vermillion Dragon have shown interest in locating the legendary Legion Scepter, a supposedly magical mace wielded by Count Gremost prior to it being was stolen by a legendary thief known as Midnight 300 years after he used it to oust the Justiciars.
Also. Methinks I've figured it out.

Figured what out?
The thief. He's come back, by successor or spirit and he's on the prowl again. It's probably connected to the scepter. Edited by Basilisk

@ Basilisk;Well duh, why do you think I would capitalize a time of day? Sheesh.And no. They're Makuta. The moment they appeared, most of the Toa in your army would give up out of pure, unrestrained fear as their Rahi armies swept over the land and began killing people.And this is Chirox territory, so he would just toss your real leader in a mutation vat and see what popped out.@ Grochi;And the chance lowers from 0% to -0%.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edit: Ninja'd....Ah. And the thefts take place at midnight, too.Well, he'll probably be hiding out somewhere dark.Unless he's a ghost. Then we'll never find him. ._.

-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

@ Grochi;And the chance lowers from 0% to -0%.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Agreed.Although, Burnmad, I did bring my ghostspeak amulet. I had it imported from Glielnor.
:c*Feels out of loop*
-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Midnight, the thief, was never caught. I say Midnight because using gender specific pronouns would imply we know the gender. It could be a male, could be a female. Don't even know the species. But, then, mysterious figures always end up being female, because it's a total cliche. And I would never do that.Or maybe I would tell you that to convince you otherwise. Or maybe this whole thing is all just to mess with your heads. Or maybe I'm trying to give the secret away by hiding it like this.@ Basilisk;History marches on. A group of Toa by themselves, without any kind of assistance, couldn't turn an entire society upside down on their heads when their are larger, much more powerful groups in existence.Figure out the keywords in that sentence.Simple fact is, though, every Toa in the universe would be hard pressed to take on the Brotherhood. They'd take out a couple dozen bases, maybe three or four more afterwards. Probably two dozen and three. Cuz that sounds cool. But in any case, they would never let it get that far. The Southern Alliance would be the extent of the rebellion, unless you had an ace up the sleeve that they couldn't beat.But probably not because the good guy always wins.@ Hubert & Grochi;Guys. Guild Wars.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

History marches on. A group of Toa by themselves, without any kind of assistance, couldn't turn an entire society upside down on their heads when their are larger, much more powerful groups in existence.
Keywords identified.So if we get enough assistance, we'll go down in history as the most powerful Toa and greatest contributors to the society ever?yaaay =3
-

There's always going to be a protagonist and antagonist, if not a good guy and bad guy.Your plan is to plunge the Toa of the universe into civil war. Hundreds of Toa will die; thousands of others will be caught in the crossfire. The idea is that everyone should have the right to choose, but instead you would have those who were brothers in arms having to make choices they never wanted to make. The Toa Code would be revoked in such a state of emergency, if your plan went well, and the Toa Council would be forced to get just as bloody as the Xankah Order, whose members would be cause the most problems thanks to the lesser amounts of order in the organization.Protagonist and antagonist. Tell me, in this story, which one would you be if you started this revolution?@ Burnmad;Oh, they would never forget you.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

So if we get enough assistance, we'll go down in history as the most powerful Toa and greatest contributors to the society ever?yaaay =3
-
Every revolution worth it's salt has the support of the masses. Mostly. Sometimes. If we want to win we'll need it at least.EDIT: Glorious revolutionary hero's who uprooted an old and immoral system? Put the American Revolution in that context. Edited by Basilisk

There's always going to be a protagonist and antagonist, if not a good guy and bad guy.Your plan is to plunge the Toa of the universe into civil war. Hundreds of Toa will die; thousands of others will be caught in the crossfire. The idea is that everyone should have the right to choose, but instead you would have those who were brothers in arms having to make choices they never wanted to make. The Toa Code would be revoked in such a state of emergency, if your plan went well, and the Toa Council would be forced to get just as bloody as the Xankah Order, whose members would be cause the most problems thanks to the lesser amounts of order in the organization.Protagonist and antagonist. Tell me, in this story, which one would you be if you started this revolution?@ Burnmad;Oh, they would never forget you.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
And I fly around in the air so I don't have to deal with it, with my Dragon. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I don't even think the terms protagonist and antagonist can be applied to this RP. I know Lev is a good GM, so I know he won't just force it so the side he wants to win, wins. An RP that doesn't let the playes pursue their own goals and have a chance of winning...well, I wouldn't have joined that RP. Glad this isn't one of those.

Not sure if those were the intended keywords and context to read them in. I just picked some words and worked around them so they fit. =PBut yeah, I'm doing it, no matter how horribly wrong it is and how many people die fighting for the battle of gray vs. grey. Civil wars make for good stories. =3(Hey, has anyone ever started a civil war in an RPG on this site before?)

-

EDIT: Glorious revolutionary hero's who uprooted an old and immoral system? Put the American Revolution in that context.
That's unfair, man. Picking something you know we can't debate over because of the mods rules just isn't right. But I can tell you that a greater percentage of Americans were desiring independence than Toa want to get rid of the system. They know how to fight, are pretty much free to do what they want - anything they had against the Council is gone or suppressed. Until they felt like they could get rid of the system for sure, which would be hard to do, they wouldn't fight. But one a couple of islands started getting involved... then it would catch like wildfire.I would even say that the Order and Council might turn on each other if enough reason was presented. And once crazy rogue Toa got involved... wow.@ Basilisk;There really isn't a winner, either. You might succeed in your personal goals. In some cases, that might work. From different points of view. The Rebellion would have a field day if they turned the Coast Guard, ousted Vamden, and placed a native on the throne who didn't care about international interests as much. And at first the Traders Guild would profit, but as connections faded... it would suck.Or what if, say, Song got the scepter? What would she do? What about Stronin? Surely he doesn't want the Council to collapse.What if it doesn't even exist?What if I'm totally insane?Your idea, though, would have zero winners. You would succeed in your goals. But in thousands of years, when you've passed away, nobody will look back on these events and remember them fondly.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I'll play dirty for a moment. :PLook at America. It was in he same position your described as the result of a Rogue Victory. Washington even said to stay out of international affairs...and today....well, I think that's self explanatory.EDIT: Perfectly willing to debate this via PM. I've studied history. Prepare yourself. :P

Edited by Basilisk